Widow, police chief clash over tribut...

Widow, police chief clash over tribute pin

There are 208 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 7, 2010, titled Widow, police chief clash over tribute pin. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

For a year, fellow North St. Paul officers wore memorial pins in Rick Crittenden's honor after he was killed in the line of duty on Labor Day 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#223 Oct 31, 2010
Really? Invite as a friend someone named Flint Stone? No one is going to bite on that. Surely this is a joke, if so, it is funny.

What would be funny if I picked up a news paper and found Mike was hit by an empty MTC bus.
Ralph

Delano, MN

#224 Oct 31, 2010
Spend your time working to get Furlong elected Mayor!
Wraith

Minneapolis, MN

#225 Oct 31, 2010
That would be one day. ONE...ONE...ONE...ONE.. ah, ONE...ONE...Ah ONE...Day- Goofball.
Jane

Minneapolis, MN

#226 Nov 1, 2010
Wraith wrote:
That would be one day. ONE...ONE...ONE...ONE.. ah, ONE...ONE...Ah ONE...Day- Goofball.
Kuehn's dictatorship is like a house of cards, one lite breeze and she goes down!
UNCENSORED

Saint Paul, MN

#227 Nov 1, 2010
This is what was really said at the city council meeting, i had to pay to get it, because it was censored on tv..

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Please watch them all and consider it when voting. Pass the links to everyone you know!!
ilk

Saint Paul, MN

#228 Nov 1, 2010
Move on, Honey. Best for you.
Vote For Terry Furlong

Minneapolis, MN

#231 Nov 2, 2010
For Mayor!

Write Terry in for Mayor AND vote for him for City Council!
Vote For Terry Furlong

Saint Paul, MN

#232 Nov 2, 2010
Writein Terry Furlong for Mayor of NSP!
Vote FOR Terry Furlong

Saint Paul, MN

#233 Nov 2, 2010
Write Terry in for Mayor AND vote for him for Council.
North Saint Paul News

Minneapolis, MN

#234 Nov 2, 2010
I will post it as an addendum to my story about censorship
UNCENSORED wrote:
This is what was really said at the city council meeting, i had to pay to get it, because it was censored on tv..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gUSphHKQvAIXX
Please watch them all and consider it when voting. Pass the links to everyone you know!!
UNCENSORED

Saint Paul, MN

#235 Nov 5, 2010
North Saint Paul News wrote:
<quoted text>
that would be great, the more people that see it, the better!
UNCENSORED

Saint Paul, MN

#236 Nov 5, 2010
North Saint Paul News wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way I had to go pay the city for the video. It was $11.00. It was supposed to be broadcast, but the first time they silenced the mayor and muted Christine, I called, and they said it would be fixed by Saturday.

On Saturday the played the first minute or so of the video, then it went to static and flashed back to the meeting on Sept. 21st

I called the cable commissioner for channel 16, and she said the city has total control over the broadcast, but that if they were having technical difficulties, they would refer it to the cable company to look into. My call was the first one she received, and since I got the full DVD, it sure doesn't appear to be technical difficulties. ODD coincidence that both times Christine spoke they made it look like technical difficulties, the first time wasn't even broadcast at all.

She said in order for parts to be silenced or muted someone would have had to been in the locked control room. She didn't come out and say "on purpose" but that's what she was getting at. There is no commission that regulates it, she did however say, that it's a public meeting so if the public would like to video tape it, they should be free to do that.

Rob Menow

Minneapolis, MN

#237 Nov 5, 2010
There are several static cameras for the run-of-mill meetings.
One over the head of mayor dumbbell and then another that takes a shot at the council from the rear.

WE are surely speculating, and you or I have EVERY RIGHT to question the integrity of the system and any individual who operates any of the equipment.

Caution should be taken in naming any employee who runs the equipment--That could be Libel.--could--

Just so you know Libel is almost IMPOSSIBLE to prove.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to be charged with libel to verbally eviscerate and dissected any city or political leader. You are completely protected under the first amendment.

And seriously, don't think that the PD would act as a strong arm. Wally is in charge of the police department technically. He use to abuse his power against me but that only turned his life into a saga of misery, when you abuse your authority you need to be punished just like the criminal. He has broken so man rules and laws it unbelievable.

I had him on one misdemeanor charge, but the state would not prosecute him, why? because they say they never have. Well, that make allot of sense right? Even an obscure law should be enforced.

The Chief who has become more seasoned through the years is his own man and pretty much sticks with going about doing the necessary work of catching bad guys, not getting wrapped up in political beefs.
UNCENSORED wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way I had to go pay the city for the video. It was $11.00. It was supposed to be broadcast, but the first time they silenced the mayor and muted Christine, I called, and they said it would be fixed by Saturday.
On Saturday the played the first minute or so of the video, then it went to static and flashed back to the meeting on Sept. 21st
I called the cable commissioner for channel 16, and she said the city has total control over the broadcast, but that if they were having technical difficulties, they would refer it to the cable company to look into. My call was the first one she received, and since I got the full DVD, it sure doesn't appear to be technical difficulties. ODD coincidence that both times Christine spoke they made it look like technical difficulties, the first time wasn't even broadcast at all.
She said in order for parts to be silenced or muted someone would have had to been in the locked control room. She didn't come out and say "on purpose" but that's what she was getting at. There is no commission that regulates it, she did however say, that it's a public meeting so if the public would like to video tape it, they should be free to do that.
Rob Menow

Minneapolis, MN

#238 Nov 5, 2010
13.01 GOVERNMENT DATA. Freedom of Information

Subdivision 1.Applicability.

All government entities shall be governed by this chapter.
Subd. 2.Citation.

This chapter may be cited as the "Minnesota Government Data Practices Act."
Subd. 3.Scope.

This chapter regulates the collection, creation, storage, maintenance, dissemination, and access to government data in government entities. It establishes a presumption that government data are public and are accessible by the public for both inspection and copying unless there is federal law, a state statute, or a temporary classification of data that provides that certain data are not public.
Subd. 4.Headnotes.

The headnotes printed in boldface type before paragraphs in this chapter are mere catchwords to indicate the content of a paragraph and are not part of the statute.
Subd. 5.Provisions coded in other chapters.

(a) The sections referenced in this chapter that are codified outside this chapter classify government data as other than public, place restrictions on access to government data, or involve data sharing.

(b) Those sections are governed by the definitions and general provisions in sections 13.01 to 13.07 and the remedies and penalties provided in sections 13.08 and 13.09, except:

(1) for records of the judiciary, as provided in section 13.90; or

(2) as specifically provided otherwise by law.

==========

13.09 PENALTIES.

Any person who willfully violates the provisions of this chapter or any rules adopted under this chapter is guilty of a misdemeanor. Willful violation of this chapter by any public employee constitutes just cause for suspension without pay or dismissal of the public employee.
Rob Menow

Minneapolis, MN

#239 Nov 5, 2010
I actually don't believe for one second the chief of police did anything wrong.

That's my opinion.

And I am certainly not one of his fans.

The City Council and the City Manager are the screw ups. They are dirt bags that try to cover up shit.

And you have a few chatty Cathys always trying to make something out of nothing.

I am not FOR ONE SECOND diminishing the pain that Christine must be re-living each day and year.

It's sad that it came to this.
Rob Menow

Minneapolis, MN

#240 Nov 5, 2010
If TERRY FURLONG had run for Mayor HE would have won.

Just look at the polling numbers. The total votes for Mayor dumbbell vs. Terry Furlong.

He would be a viable candidate the next go-around because Mike will continue being the fool he always is and will continue leading us down a path of idiocy and destruction. Wally need to move on.

I don't know much about Terry Furlong, so I have not said much. Apparently people like him based on the number of votes.

I might have a talk with him and learn more about him.

Look, We are stuck with dumbbell, but that would not stop anyone from planting a seed in his head to run next time.

Mike stole the 08 election through confusion and graft. Most of us with any brains know they took advantage of the death of Sandberg and set it up to favor mike dumbbell.

No one wanted to run against him this time because the last race was such a fiasco. It is a shame.

I hate everything Mike Kuehn stands for, everything.
He might be a nice guy but I don't give a rats ass about that when the infrastructure and the basic city is falling into ruin and WE taxpayers are getting taken to the cleaners.

He should move to San Fransisco or Boston he would fit write in.

People say I am hateful...Not true, I am one of the most charitable people I have ever met (ha), I would give my shirt off my back to someone who deserves it, and I have. God know me and that's all that counts. I don't any human patting me on the back.

Being a Christian does not mean your a doormat nor does it mean you have to "to turn the other cheek" all the time. That is taken out of context. It refers to witnessing or preaching Jesus to someone, that's it.

Most so called Christians have never read the Bible and then portend they understand it. Well...

If your a hardcore conservative living amongst the whack liberal whores in this area, you need to expect to be uncomfortable.
Polarville

Long Lake, MN

#241 Nov 5, 2010
Mayor got the proverbial "shot across the bow" with the writein votes.

Getting rid of Zick was progress. Nogard has new old ideas wanting to bring life back into NSP, parades etc.

We'll see IF Mayor heard the warning shot or will go down like BHO in the next election.
Rob Menow

Minneapolis, MN

#242 Nov 5, 2010
Knaw he's to dumb--Being Mayor is some kind of twisted hobby.

Candy deserves a chance..She's paid her dues, over came allot of obstacles in life and I giver her credit for that.

Too bad Crazy Days was wiped out...Never understood that one.
Polarville wrote:
Mayor got the proverbial "shot across the bow" with the writein votes.
Getting rid of Zick was progress. Nogard has new old ideas wanting to bring life back into NSP, parades etc.
We'll see IF Mayor heard the warning shot or will go down like BHO in the next election.
dont move to nsp

Saint Paul, MN

#243 Nov 5, 2010
Rob Menow wrote:
If TERRY FURLONG had run for Mayor HE would have won.
Just look at the polling numbers. The total votes for Mayor dumbbell vs. Terry Furlong.
He would be a viable candidate the next go-around because Mike will continue being the fool he always is and will continue leading us down a path of idiocy and destruction. Wally need to move on.
I don't know much about Terry Furlong, so I have not said much. Apparently people like him based on the number of votes.
I might have a talk with him and learn more about him.
Look, We are stuck with dumbbell, but that would not stop anyone from planting a seed in his head to run next time.
Mike stole the 08 election through confusion and graft. Most of us with any brains know they took advantage of the death of Sandberg and set it up to favor mike dumbbell.
No one wanted to run against him this time because the last race was such a fiasco. It is a shame.
I hate everything Mike Kuehn stands for, everything.
He might be a nice guy but I don't give a rats ass about that when the infrastructure and the basic city is falling into ruin and WE taxpayers are getting taken to the cleaners.
He should move to San Fransisco or Boston he would fit write in.
People say I am hateful...Not true, I am one of the most charitable people I have ever met (ha), I would give my shirt off my back to someone who deserves it, and I have. God know me and that's all that counts. I don't any human patting me on the back.
Being a Christian does not mean your a doormat nor does it mean you have to "to turn the other cheek" all the time. That is taken out of context. It refers to witnessing or preaching Jesus to someone, that's it.
Most so called Christians have never read the Bible and then portend they understand it. Well...
If your a hardcore conservative living amongst the whack liberal whores in this area, you need to expect to be uncomfortable.
The meeting today was not even taped and the city manager didn't attend. I guess to due the odd timing of the day. Like, a Friday afternoon when they should be working. Mike Kuehn wasn't very happy about the write-ins. He even wanted to get the city attorney involved because someone was passing out materials to vote for Furlong. Jan told him to save the city some time and money. Way to go Jan! They promoted Dustin N. and he's getting 86,000 per year and bought a new black car (sporty I guess?) that he gets to drive to the gym, to lunch, probably on the weekends. Another waste of taxpayers dollars. Jan asked questions, the mayor and council had no answers...boy what a suprise.
FEAR North Saint Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#244 Nov 5, 2010
dont move to nsp wrote:
<quoted text>
The meeting today was not even taped and the city manager didn't attend. I guess to due the odd timing of the day. Like, a Friday afternoon when they should be working. Mike Kuehn wasn't very happy about the write-ins. He even wanted to get the city attorney involved because someone was passing out materials to vote for Furlong. Jan told him to save the city some time and money. Way to go Jan! They promoted Dustin N. and he's getting 86,000 per year and bought a new black car (sporty I guess?) that he gets to drive to the gym, to lunch, probably on the weekends. Another waste of taxpayers dollars. Jan asked questions, the mayor and council had no answers...boy what a suprise.
MOVE OUT of North Saint Paul ASAP!!

North Saint Paul property taxes are 30% higher than Oakdales and 20% higher than Maplewood!

North Saint Paul electric customers pay MORE for electricity AND have NONE of the XCEL programs.

Live in North Saint Paul and get POOR!!!

Meanwhile city employees GET RICH!

North Saint Paul resembles Bell City California!

Try to exercise a Constitution or Bill of Rights freedom and North Saint Paul WILL ATTACK YOU!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maplewood road rage incident 'out of character'... (May '10) Feb 15 The real John Bab... 64
NSP electric utility scam Jan '18 Walls work 2
John Schmal award Jan '18 Walls work 1
NSP roads are terrible Dec '17 FBI Dirty - Trump... 1
Scott T gave up Dec '17 Franken is TOAST 2
Class B License (Jun '17) Jun '17 reddheadbabe 1
News Ramsey County commissioners poised to approve 2... (Jun '15) Oct '15 LEGAL Thieves Amo... 3

North St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North St. Paul Mortgages