Jerry Markie quit retirement to advocate for North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale schools

Full story: TwinCities.com

Jerry Markie thought he'd be spending his retirement fixing up the farmhouse he bought near Brainerd.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jan 10, 2011
Frustrated

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

Thank you, Jerry Markie. You're a real American.
North Saint Paul News

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

""""" The district dug itself out of a deficit it was $1 million in the hole in 2006 and now has a fund balance of $25 million. It started all-day kindergarten. And it figured out a way to replace an outdated bus facility. """"" "

Keep Saving your money 622 because THIS YEAR when you come to the PUBLIC MONEY TROUGH you will find it empty. NO EXTENT IONS of LEVIES!!!!

Listen up old timer--a levy is not a "Sure thing" or a "Right".
Get the money you want from the FAT CAT teachers union and the fat bloated salaries and pensions as well as unneeded bureaucrats and STUPID programs that don't stick with the basics.

EXAMPLE: Stop teaching Spanish to Mexican children who speak fluent Spanish.

Does every School need an assistant principle and a dean? The wastes is endless.

Firing young talented teachers in favor of the SENIOR Senile out of touch old teacher that's just pension building, because of the UNION CONTRACT?

Show us your INTENT by selling all your worldly possessions and donate it to the school district, then lets start talking.
Stay up north.

I am ramping up for this battle see you at the skirmish lines.
joan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

I'M VERY PROUD TO CALL YOU MY UNCLE AND WHAT YOUR DOING FOR NORTH ST.PAUL AND MAPLEWOOD SCHOOLS IS WONDERFUL UNCLE JERRY, I WISH THERE WERE MORE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO CARED AS MUCH ABOUT THEIR SCHOOL DISDRICT LIKE YOU DO.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND DON'T STOP FIGHTING.
joan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

North Saint Paul News wrote:
""""" The district dug itself out of a deficit it was $1 million in the hole in 2006 and now has a fund balance of $25 million. It started all-day kindergarten. And it figured out a way to replace an outdated bus facility. """"" "
Keep Saving your money 622 because THIS YEAR when you come to the PUBLIC MONEY TROUGH you will find it empty. NO EXTENT IONS of LEVIES!!!!
Listen up old timer--a levy is not a "Sure thing" or a "Right".
Get the money you want from the FAT CAT teachers union and the fat bloated salaries and pensions as well as unneeded bureaucrats and STUPID programs that don't stick with the basics.
EXAMPLE: Stop teaching Spanish to Mexican children who speak fluent Spanish.
Does every School need an assistant principle and a dean? The wastes is endless.
Firing young talented teachers in favor of the SENIOR Senile out of touch old teacher that's just pension building, because of the UNION CONTRACT?
Show us your INTENT by selling all your worldly possessions and donate it to the school district, then lets start talking.
Stay up north.
I am ramping up for this battle see you at the skirmish lines.

your just a hater cuz he did more then you proably could.
North Saint Paul News

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

Maybe so-- but he will be long dead before me. And then I will have clean up after his mess, his generation left me and my kids.

I would have been impressed if General MacArthur had been resurrected form the dead, but this story ain't it.

Now go back to your soap operas and pretend everything is A-OK.

Please donate all your extra income to the school district- show us how charity works.
joan wrote:
<quoted text>
AntiMelting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

joan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully now a lot less with get "accomplished."

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

qqn
We got Wiger

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Who needs Markie?

Chuck has always gotten lotsof money from the state for education. You know Ed Mn (a state department) has Chuck in his back pocket.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Go Blue Forever 848
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul '14 Turk 1,754
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr '14 Missmedezi 87
Legislation would rename Hwy. 36 in North St. P... Mar '14 Joe Blow 3
Tarah Louise Schmahl booked on multiple charges (Dec '13) Dec '13 Local Jail Blotter 1
District 622 Want MORE TAXES (Jul '11) Nov '13 RPeterson 33
Newly installed wind turbines idled by Minnesot... (Jan '10) Nov '13 The loser is gone 2,893

Search the North St. Paul Forum:
•••
•••
•••

North St. Paul Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

North St. Paul People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••