Memorial-pin request by North St. Paul police officer's widow is declined

Oct 20, 2010 Full story: TwinCities.com 46

Officer Rick Crittenden The North St. Paul City Council says it won't change a uniform policy that is prohibiting police officers from continuing to wear a memorial pin for a slain colleague.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
YOU ARE CRAZY GRACE

Houston, TX

#43 Nov 4, 2010
Crazy Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of the officers want to wear the pin. It is a safety hazard for the officers and has already divided not only the city but the community as well. Thank goodness the police chief and city manager had the frame of mind, even after being bullied by all of those naysayers, to stand their ground about the pin. The city lost one officer, they don't need to lose another one. Rick will be with those who need him in their hearts and in their minds by the things he did and the things he taught when he was with us, not with a chunk of metal. What happened to Rick was a senseless act of violence. The evil that is resonating through all this bickering over a "pin" is truely devastating. And as long as people continue to blame each other rather than the heinous action that took Rick from us, the pain and evil that his murderer intended will triumph.
See why you picked the name CRAZY.
You don't have a clue.
The police chief and the city manager ARE THE BULLIES.
Tom Lauth doesn't care about his officers, he wasn't even man enough to stand up and speak and address the pin issue himself. In FACT he ORDERED the officers not to speak to the city council. Tom Lauth also went to a local business and told them they had to take down the petition. He's heartless and inconsiderate. He left Officer Crittendens awards and purple heart on the floor for 10 months. He tried to fight having the statue of Rick put up in the first place. How much more disrepectful can he be? Way to go Tom, what a way to show the officers that serve this community your support.
Want to talk about blame? I can list the people that should be blamed:
the judge that let DOCKERY in the first place
the person that scheduled Officer Crittenden to be the only officer on in this city at the time he was shot - hmmm. I wonder who scheduled that.
This isn't just about the pin. You're right,the city shouldn't be divided. The entire city should be standing up for an officer that gave his life AND to a police chief that has been NOTHING BUT DISRESPECTFUL to the Crittenden family. This is also about making sure that this doesn't happen to another officer again.
It's time to stand up to them. The city mayor doesn't even let the public speak at open forums, they censor city council meetings, there is so much more too it.
There's so much more too it.
proud son in law

Bottineau, ND

#44 Nov 4, 2010
Responese to "you are crazy grace"
Well said Houston Texas and thank you for your support!!!!!!!! Mike
Julie

Fresno, CA

#45 Nov 4, 2010
Who cares???????
North Saint Paul News

North Arlington, NJ

#46 Nov 20, 2010
nonsense

AOL

#47 Dec 8, 2010
At last night's (Dec. 7) council meeting, councilman Zick took a not so veiled shot at Officer Crittenden's wife by bringing up, out of the blue, totally unconnected to anything that was being discussed, the qualification requirements in order to be chosen to attend FBI training in Quntico VA.

He started his speech with a referenc, as I can best remember, with something about contrary to what Mrs. Crittenden had stated in a previous council meeting about the qualifications needed to attend the training.

I never attended any of the council meetings which involved the pin issue so I have no knowledge of whether the FBI training was discussed or if Mrs. Crittenden had made a statement about it. I was just very surprised that it came up last night.

Councilman Zick felt it necessary to go on for at least three or four minutes outlining the very, very tough quaification requirements in order for a police officer to be accepted into the training.(FYI, a NSP officer has been accepted to attend this three month training.) I could not understand why a reference had to be made to Mrs. Crittenden.

In summation of Zick's speech, let it be known that it is probably twice as easy to get through the gates of heaven than it is to get admittance to the FBI training.
Glib Wilson

Saint Paul, MN

#48 Dec 12, 2010
Zick is an ASS....

His wife is a BITCH

He has been nothing but sour grapes since he lost.

I will take a CRAP on his grave as well... Sort of my way giving a send off to turds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Report: 3 arrested in burglary spree that spans... (Sep '10) Thu Satisfied 87
Widow, police chief clash over tribute pin (Oct '10) Oct 2 keren happ 208
Fall colors in the Twin Cities: where to find them Sep 29 Blackbama 1
Maplewood Home Depot may switch from Xcel to No... Sep 28 Patty Piles 1
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul '14 Turk 1,754
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr '14 Missmedezi 87
Legislation would rename Hwy. 36 in North St. P... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Joe Blow 3
North St. Paul Dating
Find my Match

North St. Paul Jobs