Memorial-pin request by North St. Pau...

Memorial-pin request by North St. Paul police officer's widow is declined

There are 46 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Memorial-pin request by North St. Paul police officer's widow is declined. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Officer Rick Crittenden The North St. Paul City Council says it won't change a uniform policy that is prohibiting police officers from continuing to wear a memorial pin for a slain colleague.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Bullseye

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Oct 23, 2010
proud son in law wrote:
Let me tell you about the chief. For starters, he was NEVER once at the house the whole week before the funeral. Our family was there along with numerous other officers. At most of the fund raisers for DC, once again the chief was no where to be found. The trip to DC, you guessed it not there either. If anyone is naive enough to believe the chief and the city manager are looking out for the family then I have some ocean front property in ND to sell you. This is so much deeper than anyone can imagine. From low numbers of officers on duty that day, to a judge's bad decision to let Dockery out of jail just 2 days earlier. So when you say it's not just about a pin you're right. It is about making sure this never happens to another officer EVER AGAIN!!!!!! Those of you with positive comments thank you for your support.
I'm so sorry for your family. And I'm sorry that people have made such insensitive, disrespectful commments. Notice most of them don't even live in NSP and one even said he works for the city, but didn't bother to leave a name. The taxpayers and everyone else need to know what kind of people run this town and all of the disgraceful things they have done. My prayers and thoughts are with your family and I hope that facts all come out! Please know that what the city administration thinks, is not reflective of what the majority of the community thinks, everyone I've spoken to has been very distraught at what the chief/city manager have done. They have also been supportive of the pins. God bless you and your family. You're father-in-law will never, ever be forgotten, he was a true hero!
proud son in law

Bottineau, ND

#24 Oct 25, 2010
Carbon Hoof Print, I am indeed the proud son in law of Officer Richard Scott Crittenden SR. It would be fun to watch Wally and Tom on election day if my mother in law became the mayor of North St. Paul. She is truly a remarkabley strong woman.

Bullseye, Thank you very much for your kind words. Our family realizes that for every Wally and Tom there are in North St. Paul, there a thousands like you that truly care.
Rob Menow

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Oct 25, 2010
Why are you using a proxy? why are you hiding? Not funny.
proud son in law wrote:
Carbon Hoof Print, I am indeed the proud son in law of Officer Richard Scott Crittenden SR. It would be fun to watch Wally and Tom on election day if my mother in law became the mayor of North St. Paul. She is truly a remarkabley strong woman.
Bullseye, Thank you very much for your kind words. Our family realizes that for every Wally and Tom there are in North St. Paul, there a thousands like you that truly care.
Bullseye

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Oct 26, 2010
Rob Menow wrote:
Why are you using a proxy? why are you hiding? Not funny.
<quoted text>
I guarantee you, he is who he says he is! Lots of people hide their proxy and ips no biggie!
Bullseye

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Oct 26, 2010
I wondering who's judging our comments as nuts - theres two to three per person..
Hmmm is it Wally, Tom and Mike? lol or
Wally, Tom and Wally's assistant.

I heard the chief had his panties in a bunch over the information that got out about him having Rick Crittenden's awards in a closet, he was also not happy that the city council found out he went to a store and told them to take the petition down.
Bullseye

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Oct 26, 2010
I am personally going to write to the Chaplain, Christ Langlett. He was just wrong for not addressing the Crittenden family in prayer at the opening of the City Council meeting last Tuesday. I think he owes her a huge apology. I was appalled that he didn't say anything.

It also is upsetting that there are pictures of everybody in the hallway across from the meeting room...Tom & his officers, Scott & his crew and the large one of the former Mayor, and not one of Rick Crittenden hanging on that wall. How much more disrespectful can they be!
Rob Menow

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Oct 26, 2010
This is where we live and who surround us. If you have traveled to any extent you find out quickly there is no such thing as Minnesota nice. Just Minnesota stupid. I have been to almost every worthwhile state and Minnesota ranks right up there with California, New York and Massachusetts and other wacko Liberal states. Minnesota has a very weird twist.

NO COMMON SENSE....BRAIN DEAD--No out of box thinkers. Without these two attributes nothing can grow, only shrivel up and die on the vine. Akin to a slow airplane-esque decent into self destruction.

It's called CHARACTER to which most lack integrity, responsibility, self-direction and dependability in interactions with others

Among other things, persons with good character typically keep promises and honor contracts, respect the sovereignty of other persons and their ownership of property, and in so far as possible, take responsibility for themselves by providing for their own needs and the needs of those to whom they have assumed some voluntary obligation. Persons with character do not make legally enforceable claims on the time, effort or material assets of other persons. They do not feel entitled to be subsidized by persons with whom they have no prior personal relationship or contractual duty.

The City Chaplin is no more a man of God than I am.

He has taken a higher office, a higher calling and he will be equally held to higher standard upon final judgment.
Rob Menow

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Oct 26, 2010
I know, but if you say I am so and so, why not uncloak--drop your proxy. It's contradictory. Whatever.

I have a proxy service and I use TOR.
Bullseye wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee you, he is who he says he is! Lots of people hide their proxy and ips no biggie!
BULLSEYE

Minneapolis, MN

#31 Oct 26, 2010
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the city chaplain actually requested "PUBLIC" acknowledgement for having been Rick Crittenden's chaplain, earlier this year. He can ask for that, yet cannot address the Crittenden's in his prayer at the city council meeting.

Well I think he should get his "PUBLIC" acknowlegement now. That was wrong in so many ways...
proud son in law

Bottineau, ND

#32 Oct 26, 2010
Mike Aasen of Bottineau, North Dakota, husband to Stacy Aasen, daughter of Christine Crittenden. Hope that clears up any doubt. I have nothing to hide, I'm just a very proud son in law of Rick. I would post a picture but the camera reflects badly off my bald head.
Officers Say

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Oct 26, 2010
I believe that it should be left up to the individual officers to decide if they wish to wear the pin. I would like to know if anyone has polled the officers to see what their thoughts on this are.
Rob Menow

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Oct 26, 2010
Everything will work out.
Officers Say

Minneapolis, MN

#35 Oct 26, 2010
And to Mike and the Crittenden family, I will keep all of you in my prayers. My heart goes out to all of you. My 21 year old son still wears the memorial bracelet. Officer Crittenden gave him a driving ticket about two weeks before he died. But, a very warm and fatherly lecture came along with the ticket. My son has saved the ticket to always remind him of the conversation that he and Officer Crittenden had that day.

God bless all of you.
nonsense

AOL

#36 Oct 26, 2010
Officers Say wrote:
I believe that it should be left up to the individual officers to decide if they wish to wear the pin. I would like to know if anyone has polled the officers to see what their thoughts on this are.
Do you think the individual officers would go on the record as to their position on this subject? Didn't you read about the Oakdale officer who decided to speak out against his chief? Now he is in the fight of his life to get his job back.
Officers Say

Minneapolis, MN

#37 Oct 26, 2010
Well, sometimes you just have to stand up for what you believe in, regardless of the consequences.

I believe that the memory of Officer Crittenden is one worth standing up for, especially, if the officers wish to wear the pin.
Officers Say

Minneapolis, MN

#38 Oct 26, 2010
My last comment was a response to "nonsense".
Rob Menow

Minneapolis, MN

#39 Oct 27, 2010
People in North St. Paul are ignorant and deserve everything they get.

As soon as the housing market is favorable, I am gone.

Having one of the more expensive homes, I will have to take a hit.

This is the new East side, hub cap collectors, Taco vendors and Hmong.
NSPResident

United States

#40 Oct 30, 2010
Had a visitor today and he left me this note: Do you want a new North Saint Paul Mayor? Vote for Candy Norgard-Petersen or Terry Furlong, both have new ideas and are committed to North Saint Paul! Both Candy and Terry support a Resident friendly, open and efficient city. All you do is write in either Terry Furlong or Candy Norgard-Petersen for mayor, ALSO VOTE FOR THEM FOR COUNCIL! Please call all your friends and tell them to write in someone as well, YOU CAN elect a new Mayor. Thank you. Residents for a better North Saint Paul.
Crazy Grace

Saint Paul, MN

#41 Nov 2, 2010
Officers Say wrote:
Well, sometimes you just have to stand up for what you believe in, regardless of the consequences.
I believe that the memory of Officer Crittenden is one worth standing up for, especially, if the officers wish to wear the pin.
Not all of the officers want to wear the pin. It is a safety hazard for the officers and has already divided not only the city but the community as well. Thank goodness the police chief and city manager had the frame of mind, even after being bullied by all of those naysayers, to stand their ground about the pin. The city lost one officer, they don't need to lose another one. Rick will be with those who need him in their hearts and in their minds by the things he did and the things he taught when he was with us, not with a chunk of metal. What happened to Rick was a senseless act of violence. The evil that is resonating through all this bickering over a "pin" is truely devastating. And as long as people continue to blame each other rather than the heinous action that took Rick from us, the pain and evil that his murderer intended will triumph.
Rob Menow

Saint Paul, MN

#42 Nov 2, 2010
Tell me you did not say that the chief and the manager was bullied.
Are you Effing serious?

Do you think they give a rats ass about a few vocal people? think again Mr. brain power.

The Chief could chew you up and spit you out in his sleep. He's a fair cop.. Don't like him but he is doing the best he can with a bunch or retards.
Crazy Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of the officers want to wear the pin. It is a safety hazard for the officers and has already divided not only the city but the community as well. Thank goodness the police chief and city manager had the frame of mind, even after being bullied by all of those naysayers, to stand their ground about the pin. The city lost one officer, they don't need to lose another one. Rick will be with those who need him in their hearts and in their minds by the things he did and the things he taught when he was with us, not with a chunk of metal. What happened to Rick was a senseless act of violence. The evil that is resonating through all this bickering over a "pin" is truely devastating. And as long as people continue to blame each other rather than the heinous action that took Rick from us, the pain and evil that his murderer intended will triumph.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maplewood road rage incident 'out of character'... (May '10) Feb 15 The real John Bab... 64
NSP electric utility scam Jan '18 Walls work 2
John Schmal award Jan '18 Walls work 1
NSP roads are terrible Dec '17 FBI Dirty - Trump... 1
Scott T gave up Dec '17 Franken is TOAST 2
Class B License (Jun '17) Jun '17 reddheadbabe 1
News Ramsey County commissioners poised to approve 2... (Jun '15) Oct '15 LEGAL Thieves Amo... 3

North St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North St. Paul Mortgages