Prosecutor: Maplewood officer justified in fatal shooting of ma...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Prosecutors have ruled a Maplewood police officer was justified in the shooting death of a North St.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
DizzyOne

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

This officer deserves a medal for her actions. No telling who this jerk would shoot next. She saved the taxpayers the cost of a lawyer and a trial. He got what he had coming.
lol

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Judged:

TtB wrote:
The officer's name is Rick Crittenden, not Ron...
Exactly.

Piece of shit news paper cannot even get a fallen officers name right? Close the damn doors! Whats a shit hole paper.
TtB

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Piece of **** news paper cannot even get a fallen officers name right? Close the damn doors! Whats a **** hole paper.
I noticed it's corrected now. Earlier it said Richard and Ron in the same story...
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

No Spin Zone wrote:
Another case of out of control, trigger-happy cops blowing away citizens trying to protect themselves from the interefence of police in our daily lives. We don't need the police, we can protect ourselves--we're safer without them.

Are you worried about getting shot while committing a crime?
Bob Weir

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Judged:

Rockin John Pt 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a poser, the real spinny is from wyoming mn according to his posts.
you may be right but who would want to pretend to be this loser?
jkatze

Onalaska, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

You know, 'spin' might be on to something. Perhaps Stacy Terry should have been allowed CCW and she could have blown his *ss away. The order of protection didn't stop him. It took bullets.

“it takes a lot to laugh”

Since: Oct 09

St Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Bob Weir wrote:
<quoted text>
you may be right but who would want to pretend to be this loser?
Not a big fan of Spinny, but I prefer to see him play his foolish self with his posts, he does not need any support.

Ps. When is Furthur coming to the cities, I hear you and Phil are on a serious roll. How about some front row tickets?
badgerone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

No Spin Zone wrote:
Another case of out of control, trigger-happy cops blowing away citizens trying to protect themselves from the interefence of police in our daily lives. We don't need the police, we can protect ourselves--we're safer without them.
Your a Fuching Idiot....Why don't you go find yourself a corner somewhere and take a couple more hits off your crack pipe.
chipmunk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Are they kidding? It's procedure to investigate a cop who kills a dangerous cop-killer? Instead of doing this,commend the police officer for defending herself(while wounded)and the officer that creep killed!
Just Asking

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Judged:

I am going to go out on a limb here and ask the
question that no one else is willing to. How did
Dockery get the gun that killed the officer? I
have read every article that I can find on this,
as I live in North St. Paul, and every one I have
found has said the same thing; he got it out of
the holster of the officer - a locked holster at
that. This article also clearly stated he got
away from Crittenden and attacked Olson. Crittenden pulled him away, and then Dockery got
the gun out of Crittenden's holster and shot him
with it. He then turned and tried to shoot Olson.
Earlier articles stated it took a while to wrestle
the gun away and out of a locked holster. Olson
had multiple chances to stop this and failed each
time, only firing her own gun when it was her
being shot at. Why was Dockery able to out wrestle
two officers, take one of their guns, and almost
kill them both? Crittenden pushed the wife out
of the room and help her, and pulled Dockery off
of Olson and help her. Where was his help as he
was being killed? Where was Olson? None of the
articles I have read have answered this question.

Anyone?

St Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Just Asking wrote:
away from Crittenden and attacked Olson. Crittenden pulled him away, and then Dockery got
Anyone?
I recall your posts after the cold blooded murder of the officer. You implied that Officer Crittenden may have been shot by Officer Olson, now you are adding your screed to Officer Crittenden's murder by implying that Officer Olson stood by and did nothing as he was murdered. Clearly you are a troll and an idiot, second guessing the action of people in situations that would paralyze you with fear leaving you incapable of responding. When you lay out your facts as you do, you give your reasoning enough "time" to advance your idiotic idea. It reminds me of the response to "what if" questions, "What if your sister had a _____ then she would not be your sister.
Clueless

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Rockin John Pt 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall your posts after the cold blooded murder of the officer. You implied that Officer Crittenden may have been shot by Officer Olson, now you are adding your screed to Officer Crittenden's murder by implying that Officer Olson stood by and did nothing as he was murdered. Clearly you are a troll and an idiot, second guessing the action of people in situations that would paralyze you with fear leaving you incapable of responding. When you lay out your facts as you do, you give your reasoning enough "time" to advance your idiotic idea. It reminds me of the response to "what if" questions, "What if your sister had a _____ then she would not be your sister.
You obviously "recall" squat, because I never implied anything
of the kind. And for you to say so says far more about you than
it does anything else. I asked the same questions then that I
am asking now, as none of the articles answer them. If you have
any answers, then offer them; otherwise stick your moronic
"recollections" where the sun don't shine.

St Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously "recall" squat, because I never implied anything
of the kind. And for you to say so says far more about you than
it does anything else. I asked the same questions then that I
am asking now, as none of the articles answer them. If you have
any answers, then offer them; otherwise stick your moronic
"recollections" where the sun don't shine.
Interesting comeback as I never replied to you about any statements you made, my response was to just asking. Obviously you are living up to your topix name. The issue that just asking brought up in its previous posts after the murder of Officer Crittenden were about ballistic testing of the bullet that killed him. He was implying at that time that the round that caused the officers death may have been fired by Officer Olson. Get your facts straight and read who the post is by before you have your hissy fit!
Clueless

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Rockin John Pt 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting comeback as I never replied to you about any statements you made, my response was to just asking. Obviously you are living up to your topix name. The issue that just asking brought up in its previous posts after the murder of Officer Crittenden were about ballistic testing of the bullet that killed him. He was implying at that time that the round that caused the officers death may have been fired by Officer Olson. Get your facts straight and read who the post is by before you have your hissy fit!
Maybe I am to blame, then. I put up the name "Just Asking"
this time around on a whim and when I answered your post my
normal posting came through in the name plate. I didn't know
there was a "Just Asking" the first time around.

My bad.
Camel Tow

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Rockin John Pt 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a poser, the real spinny is from wyoming mn according to his posts.
maybe he is blogging from his boyfriend's house

St Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Camel Tow wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe he is blogging from his boyfriend's house
No, I think he is a basement dweller.
just saying

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Just Asking wrote:
Anyone?
They are never going to give you all the answers you want for many reasons, none of which in this case are bad. They are not trying to cover up anything. I watched all the reports on the news and followed this story pretty closely. There are tons and tons of details that are involved with this incident. Many of which none of us have the answers to. The media covered the story well and have many versions of what happened. the reports you should pay real attention to is what the BCA had to say about it and what the two Chief's of Police (Maplewood and North St Paul) had to say about it.

The BCA gave a press confrence on their findings which painted a pretty clear picture. The press confrence was given by BCA Superintendent O'Maley.(I think I spelled his name correctly) He mentioned many good points, 1) very close courters for the attack. 2) the fire ball in Officer Crittenden's face which also caused the room to be filled with smoke 3) the fight, from enterence of the officers to the end was less then 2 mins long 4) Officer Olson did everything in her power to try to stop Dockerty 5) Dockerty was usuing Crittenden as a shield, placing him between Olson and himself...Dockerty that is. 6) Dockerty spent time (years) in prison.
What do prisoners spend their time doing?? Practicing how to disarm officers. This is all fact. I would have reason to believe Dockerty knew how to disarm officers. Hence how he got the gun from Crittenden.
It's tragic. It's horrible. Both officers ARE hero's and in my mind will never be forgotten.
I understand, but don't agree with, why they need to investigate the entire situation. It's a great look at the "checks and balances" that are incorrporated into our government.
I pray for both familes of the officers. And hope all can try to understand the great sacrifice made by the officers.
That thin blue line officer walk can be a dangerous one but I know I am thankful they walk it.

St Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
They are never going to give you all the answers you want for many reasons, none of which in this case are bad. They are not trying to cover up anything. I watched all the reports on the news and followed this story pretty closely. There are tons and tons of details that are involved with this incident. Many of which none of us have the answers to. The media covered the story well and have many versions of what happened. the reports you should pay real attention to is what the BCA had to say about it and what the two Chief's of Police (Maplewood and North St Paul) had to say about it.
The BCA gave a press confrence on their findings which painted a pretty clear picture. The press confrence was given by BCA Superintendent O'Maley.(I think I spelled his name correctly) He mentioned many good points, 1) very close courters for the attack. 2) the fire ball in Officer Crittenden's face which also caused the room to be filled with smoke 3) the fight, from enterence of the officers to the end was less then 2 mins long 4) Officer Olson did everything in her power to try to stop Dockerty 5) Dockerty was usuing Crittenden as a shield, placing him between Olson and himself...Dockerty that is. 6) Dockerty spent time (years) in prison.
What do prisoners spend their time doing?? Practicing how to disarm officers. This is all fact. I would have reason to believe Dockerty knew how to disarm officers. Hence how he got the gun from Crittenden.
It's tragic. It's horrible. Both officers ARE hero's and in my mind will never be forgotten.
I understand, but don't agree with, why they need to investigate the entire situation. It's a great look at the "checks and balances" that are incorrporated into our government.
I pray for both familes of the officers. And hope all can try to understand the great sacrifice made by the officers.
That thin blue line officer walk can be a dangerous one but I know I am thankful they walk it.
Great post, keep up the good work!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

North St. Paul Jobs

•••
•••
•••

North St. Paul People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance