Four teens arrested in Hugo, Wyoming robberies

After a string of armed robberies in the metro area, police have arrested four teens they believe were involved. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
student

Fond Du Lac, WI

#50 Feb 1, 2009
I am not by any means sticking up for these kids, they knew what they were doing and the consequences that were to come with them. It is not an excuse to say that they came from a bad home life and this was bound to happen, but this whole event is terribly sad. I went to school with one of these kids and one day he was just gone, no one knew where. When I saw this on the news my heart dropped because in class just a few years ago he was hilarious and very charismatic, a lot of talent that many wished they had. He was also very bright and it is sad to see such a thing happen to a kid with such great potential. But he was bright enough to know the difference between right and wrong and obviously made many mistakes in the last two or three years. As frustrating as it is, please do not talk about how happy that these kids that f**ked up are going to jail, this is a very sad event because now their lives are over and I just wish they never would've gotten caught up in such behavior.
Another BOFH

Saint Paul, MN

#53 Dec 3, 2009
student wrote:
He was also very bright
Unfortunately, I'd have to disagree with your assessment of him being very bright. Particularly because he certainly wasn't exercising better judgment by getting involved with something like this.

In life, there are certain things you don't get to screw up because they are strictly pass/fail, and I'd categorize this is one of them.
Mamabear

United States

#54 Dec 5, 2013
Regular Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, OK that makes this just a mistake. Just let them off with a slap, they will not do it again... I have a nephew that is a crack baby, too. He is homeless and always will be. That does not make it ok to hold a shotgun to somebody.
Really???? I have yet to meet a parent that is proud of a child who does something like this AND have yet to meet one that does NOT want consequences. Unless we wake up and realize that punitive measures do not, in and of themselves, help (proven stats in our state)and that we need more preventative measures and mentoring etc (and affordable due to the fact that many of these youth are being raised by one parent). Prevention will actually cost the state less, reduce the liklihood of re-offenses, and thus reduce crime. Did you also know that we generally don't have all the facts based on our state incarceration because according to a 2011 ACLU report an extremely large percentage of Wyoming residents cannot afford an attorney which is how you ultimately get plea bargains..so the statment about plea is highly unlikely in the favor of any citizen without an attorney. It's time to wake up and study the facts....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul '14 Turk 1,754
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr '14 Missmedezi 87
Legislation would rename Hwy. 36 in North St. P... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Joe Blow 3
Tarah Louise Schmahl booked on multiple charges (Dec '13) Dec '13 Local Jail Blotter 1
District 622 Want MORE TAXES (Jul '11) Nov '13 RPeterson 33
Newly installed wind turbines idled by Minnesot... (Jan '10) Nov '13 The loser is gone 2,893
•••
•••

North St. Paul Jobs

•••
•••
•••

North St. Paul People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

North St. Paul News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North St. Paul
•••