North Saint Paul Wind Turbine 1 Year later-How's it doing?

Jan 31, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Saint Paul News

MMPA has 4 major wind projects under development. The Hometown WindPower program locates wind turbines within each of 11 member cities.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jul 3, 2011
JON

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 8, 2011
 
The power is dumped on the grid, like dumping water in a river. It is not dedicated to any given place. It could wind up in Iowa,
AntiMelting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 8, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

It's frozen, like Liberal minds.
Clint

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Don't forget to sign up for wind power at the city hall because you get clean power. It's just a few bucks extra a month. And then sign up for perpetual power for additional 5 bucks a month. If you want the best plan get FREE POWER plan for $200.00 per month, with that package you get your grass cut for free as a sign up bonus.

1. Wind Power
2. Perpetual Motion Power
3. Free Power.

North Saint Paul Electric-
"its so cheap we pay you"

People actually think that when they doe this they are getting wind power. Not so fast.........

Maybe an electron or two. Does that make it not a lie? Maybe. Does Listerine kill billions of germs? yes. But what about the 5 billion that got away?

They got sued for that one remember? Do your homework look it up.

I call this false advertising and an Unfair Trade Practice under Minnesota Statute. It's a con job.

The Stages AG office should make a ruling on this and then sue the Co-op and the City and file a lawsuit on behalf of the people who got duped into this scam--Get their money back. Ah..who cares.

The best thing to doe is turn the whole sha-bang over to excell and stop ripping of the end users.
nonsense

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

According to the Budget item: Eleectric Administration, Department 54, under line item "Contractual Services", category "GREEN POWER PURCHASED", there are NO figures given for 2010 Budget, 2010 Revised, Nov 2010 Actual, 2011 Dept. Request, 2011 Proposed. One would assume that NO green power was purchased in 2010 and none is to be purchased in 2011.

I would like to say that the citizens of NSP were too smart to fall for this scam of purchasing "green power", but I can't say that. It would not be beyond the city to sell it at a higher price, but never purchase it in the first place.
Sam

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I asked the clerk when I went in to pay my bill and was told that there are hundreds signed up, is that a ploy? Doesn't make sense. Why would Mike not be the first to sign up? Huh? That would be a darn good question to ask at the next meeting.

Is not also possible that there are accounting errors? you know, like slush funds and other shell game fuzzy math.
nonsense wrote:
According to the Budget item: Eleectric Administration, Department 54, under line item "Contractual Services", category "GREEN POWER PURCHASED", there are NO figures given for 2010 Budget, 2010 Revised, Nov 2010 Actual, 2011 Dept. Request, 2011 Proposed. One would assume that NO green power was purchased in 2010 and none is to be purchased in 2011.
I would like to say that the citizens of NSP were too smart to fall for this scam of purchasing "green power", but I can't say that. It would not be beyond the city to sell it at a higher price, but never purchase it in the first place.
nonsense

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Sam wrote:
I asked the clerk when I went in to pay my bill and was told that there are hundreds signed up, is that a ploy? Doesn't make sense. Why would Mike not be the first to sign up? Huh? That would be a darn good question to ask at the next meeting.
Is not also possible that there are accounting errors? you know, like slush funds and other shell game fuzzy math.
<quoted text>
In the interest of reporting the latest update to the ever changing Enterprise Activity Budget, there now appears the figure of $6954 for GREEN POWER purchased through Nov 2010. This is compared to $4,089,007 of all other electric power purchased. Green Power represents .17%(approx. 2 tenths of a per cent) of all power purchased. NSP citizens didn't fall for the good feeling of buying green power.

Now if I could only determine what happened to the reporting of Working Capital Beginning 2010 figure of $4,008,320 in the Jan. 4, 2011 submission of the budgets and the replacement of that category with Cash Beginning 2010 figure of $1,379,103 in the "final" budget submission on Feb. 1, 2011, a difference of $2,621,927. A million here, a million there, and pretty soon you are talking real money.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 10, 2011
 
You are correct.
http://www.northsaintpaulnews.com

YOUR TAXES for 2012 are going to be raised to the Statutory MAX. And then the School District is going to ask you for a renewal of a large Levy. The good old boys are in trouble.

Unemployment will be where it is for the next several years and NO ONE is in the mood for tax hikes.

If you vote NO and NO on the District proposed levy's your taxes will go WAY down.

These people have to learn to live within there mean like everyone.

I can post any links to a news story...Click on my picture and you will see that I am an Editor and create any stories.
nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
In the interest of reporting the latest update to the ever changing Enterprise Activity Budget, there now appears the figure of $6954 for GREEN POWER purchased through Nov 2010. This is compared to $4,089,007 of all other electric power purchased. Green Power represents .17%(approx. 2 tenths of a per cent) of all power purchased. NSP citizens didn't fall for the good feeling of buying green power.
Now if I could only determine what happened to the reporting of Working Capital Beginning 2010 figure of $4,008,320 in the Jan. 4, 2011 submission of the budgets and the replacement of that category with Cash Beginning 2010 figure of $1,379,103 in the "final" budget submission on Feb. 1, 2011, a difference of $2,621,927. A million here, a million there, and pretty soon you are talking real money.
Sittin around

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I drive past it when I go to work in Stillwater. It doesn't work half the time.
Turk

Circle Pines, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

The operative word is DRIVE BY...Wow! That's a huge pun and a double entendre- You get an A for that.
Sam

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Where does the electricity actually go? How do they keep it all bottled up in North Saint Paul?

The power lines are obviously buried, but does it like just tap into a main line?

How come this is never explained? How do we really know if it produces anything, the city never says anything, not a peep.

The complete silence is deafening....I would think that the lack of transparency and jubilation would suggest that it is a bust....

Is that a logical conclusion? Or is none our business and we should shut up?

Are not Enterprise fees taxes? Is a license fee a tax? So it they double the fees would it not cost me double? I am so confused. tax, fee, fee, tax.

If you put lipstick on a pig is it still a pig?

How many liars are there scheming behind the scenes?

Wow... why all three-card-Marney?

Hello? I hear an echo.

I think there is a lot of bad Karma out there...Funny how things happen.
jan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 3, 2011
 
I just scanned through the article. The Profit and loss is not available under the freedom of Information. What's to hide. If there is no "benefit" except to get some of the "feds" money why was this done. A "feel good" look at me for the town?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North St. Paul Discussions

Search the North St. Paul Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
White Bear Lake meeting set to discuss water is... Thu john 1
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul 17 Turk 1,754
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr '14 Missmedezi 87
Legislation would rename Hwy. 36 in North St. P... Mar '14 Joe Blow 3
Tarah Louise Schmahl booked on multiple charges (Dec '13) Dec '13 Local Jail Blotter 1
District 622 Want MORE TAXES (Jul '11) Nov '13 RPeterson 33
•••
•••
•••
•••

North St. Paul Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

North St. Paul People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

North St. Paul News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North St. Paul
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••