State's murder-suicide rate is highes...

State's murder-suicide rate is highest in nation

There are 35 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 9, 2010, titled State's murder-suicide rate is highest in nation. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

We did not get to or win the Super Bowl. But we Minnesotans reign supreme in another category: murder-suicides. Not only are we tops in the nation, but the rate of murder-suicides in the Gopher State in recent years also is about double the national average.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RightOn

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 9, 2010
So Ruben loves to keep track and show statistics concerning "gender wars". I wonder why he never writes about the nearly 100% of terrorists being Muslims between 16yrs and 40yrs old. I'm sure that if he DID write about them it would have a politically correct slant. The few times I've read his garbage columns I've felt like vomiting. It's the same this time.
WhatTheFruit

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Feb 10, 2010
RightOn wrote:
So Ruben loves to keep track and show statistics concerning "gender wars". I wonder why he never writes about the nearly 100% of terrorists being Muslims between 16yrs and 40yrs old. I'm sure that if he DID write about them it would have a politically correct slant. The few times I've read his garbage columns I've felt like vomiting. It's the same this time.
Lets not forget that there is a complete tie-in to Minnesotas muslin residents that we have running free here in our bible thumping liberal State. Oh, by the way, thanks for making me feel safe and welcome on my own streets.....
Karen

Burnsville, MN

#3 Feb 10, 2010
Rosario: This is not a light-hearted topic and the tone of your joking manner was disrespectful to those who have experienced this in their families. Are you new to the profession or just still excited about the super bowl game? Try again...I am a mental health professional who has a good sense of humor, but death is not something that is joke worthy!
Yeegads

Burnsville, MN

#4 Feb 10, 2010
Karen wrote:
Rosario: This is not a light-hearted topic and the tone of your joking manner was disrespectful to those who have experienced this in their families. Are you new to the profession or just still excited about the super bowl game? Try again...I am a mental health professional who has a good sense of humor, but death is not something that is joke worthy!
Isn't "mental health professional" a contradiction?
theres always next year

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Feb 10, 2010
Purple Moses will lead the flock to the promised land next year.
Horeass Mann

Merritt Island, FL

#6 Feb 10, 2010
The severest form of self-criticism
Joe Doakes

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Feb 10, 2010
Too small a sample to be statistically valid.

The statasics were released by a special-interest group at the start of the Legislative session when money is to be handed out.

They counted as Domestic Violence a cop who was shot in the line of duty, and whose partner shot the killer. That's not what most people would consider an example of murder-suicide, nor of domestic violence targeting women. Including that death in the statistics serves to pump up the numbers but undermines credibilty.

Conclusion: ignore this: it's rent-seeking propaganda. And Rosario fell for it.
Just The Facts

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Feb 10, 2010
The very important fact that Rosario left out (and you PP posters need to acknowledge) is that the majority of the "murderers" in these murder-suicide incidents are WHITE MALES. Yes, Minnesota, that bastion of racial harmony, diversity and progressiveness has the most white male murders/domestic assault perps per capita in the nation.

Put that in your 4th Amendment rights pipe and take a toke.
Bob the Bilderberg

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Feb 10, 2010
Just The Facts wrote:
The very important fact that Rosario left out (and you PP posters need to acknowledge) is that the majority of the "murderers" in these murder-suicide incidents are WHITE MALES. Yes, Minnesota, that bastion of racial harmony, diversity and progressiveness has the most white male murders/domestic assault perps per capita in the nation.
Put that in your 4th Amendment rights pipe and take a toke.
The majority of billionaires in this state are white males too. So, there you go.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Feb 10, 2010
Joe Doakes wrote:
Too small a sample to be statistically valid.
The statasics were released by a special-interest group at the start of the Legislative session when money is to be handed out.
They counted as Domestic Violence a cop who was shot in the line of duty, and whose partner shot the killer. That's not what most people would consider an example of murder-suicide, nor of domestic violence targeting women. Including that death in the statistics serves to pump up the numbers but undermines credibilty.
Conclusion: ignore this: it's rent-seeking propaganda. And Rosario fell for it.

Ruben didn't 'fall for it', he's part of the rent-seeking machine.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Feb 10, 2010
Just The Facts wrote:
The very important fact that Rosario left out (and you PP posters need to acknowledge) is that the majority of the "murderers" in these murder-suicide incidents are WHITE MALES. Yes, Minnesota, that bastion of racial harmony, diversity and progressiveness has the most white male murders/domestic assault perps per capita in the nation.
Put that in your 4th Amendment rights pipe and take a toke.

I don't think black people really want to call attention to the violent crime statistics broken down by race...
Bridge Repair Money

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Feb 10, 2010
The North St Paul Police officer died because a woman liked to use police for "sticking it" to her boyfriend.

She even helped lift a previous order for protection like it was a silly game.
Enough Already

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Feb 10, 2010
Families are forever changed by these self-centered bastards. I pray for them all.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Feb 10, 2010
Bridge Repair Money wrote:
The North St Paul Police officer died because a woman liked to use police for "sticking it" to her boyfriend.
She even helped lift a previous order for protection like it was a silly game.
That cop died because his partner wasnt physically able to help him in a fight.
thats a terrible fact that no one involved will talk about.
Bridge Repair Money

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Feb 10, 2010
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That cop died because his partner wasnt physically able to help him in a fight.
thats a terrible fact that no one involved will talk about.
Was this before or after the woman went to court to help lift the restraining order on her abusive criminal loser boyfriend?

It's such a shame Cops are being sent into these freak parade homes expected to do Oprah Winfrey social worker crap.
Yeah

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Feb 10, 2010
"If I can't have you, nobody can!"

Idiots.
Propoganda

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Feb 10, 2010
This story is written on non-empirical data by a group that is formed with your tax dollars. It is an evil group causing many problems and solving none under the veil of safety for Woman and Children (sounds great, but anything based on propoganda and lies is not a good program) Read "The Twelve Things They Don't Want You To Know About Domestic Violence" It is a book written on the real issues of domestic violence and based on empirical data provided by both woman and men in research institutes and law enforcement data. This Coalition for Battered Children and Woman, sounds good, but is sucking your tax dollars and breaking up families and increasing the violence levels. Stop them.
Slacks

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Feb 10, 2010
After reading that I need a drink!
picklesnorkie

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Feb 10, 2010
Wonder if they have figured out why the tattoo guy killed his wife then himself yet??? Sad situation.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Feb 10, 2010
Propoganda wrote:
This story is written on non-empirical data by a group that is formed with your tax dollars. It is an evil group causing many problems and solving none under the veil of safety for Woman and Children (sounds great, but anything based on propoganda and lies is not a good program) Read "The Twelve Things They Don't Want You To Know About Domestic Violence" It is a book written on the real issues of domestic violence and based on empirical data provided by both woman and men in research institutes and law enforcement data. This Coalition for Battered Children and Woman, sounds good, but is sucking your tax dollars and breaking up families and increasing the violence levels. Stop them.

Manipulated statistics is one of the Marxist Old Media tools of liberal advocacy. Can you say,'global warming'?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Little Canada man pleads guilty to federal porn... (Dec '08) Aug 23 Obama the best 33
News Ramsey County commissioners poised to approve 2... (Jun '15) Oct '15 LEGAL Thieves Amo... 3
Attorney reviews Thorsen's police report, decli... (May '15) May '15 NSPpoo 1
Lipstick on the snowman (Feb '15) Feb '15 Answer 1
News Maplewood Home Depot may switch from Xcel to No... (Sep '14) Jan '15 Answer 2
News Ramsey County city races: Vadnais Heights mayor... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Drunkin Henry 1
News Widow, police chief clash over tribute pin (Oct '10) Oct '14 keren happ 208

North St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North St. Paul Mortgages