After fundraiser, Maplewood ready to place memorial to slain officer

Nearly a year after his death, there are still signs of Sgt. Joe Bergeron all around the Maplewood Police Department he served for nearly 26 years. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Apr 10, 2011
I remember exactly where I was that day~~~Such a tragedy~~R.I.P Sgt. Joe Bergeron~~
Brad Eustice

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Apr 10, 2011
I like the fact that you've chosen a tribute that is reflective and recognizes the sacrifice of all fallen officers. At some point wrappers have to come down and lockers have yo be cleaned out. Trying to extend grievance periods; somehow making them larger/longer than any before doesn't honor the officer as much as creates a tinge of resentment... this isn't a competition. Having a respectful policy and possibly better advice from an organization like LEMA would be helpful.
ranger

United States

#4 Apr 10, 2011
A day to never be forgotten. Such a tragedy. We'll be there to support you Sgt. Joe.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 10, 2011
I agree with Brad. These are very sad times and there could not have been a worse time for this. My condolences to the family. Rest in peace.
Randy T

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 11, 2011
Who cares...................
Robert Thorn

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 11, 2011
Randy T wrote:
Who cares..........
You are an idiot that really doesn't deserve the protection provided by the police or firefighters.

I wonder if former St. Paul City Councilwoman Bobbi Megard donated money to this memorial?
Randy T

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Apr 11, 2011
It's easier to carry a gun than a cop anyway ROBERT.

When SECONDS counts cops are just 5 minutes away. Just ask JOES wife.

STFU.
Robert Thorn

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Apr 11, 2011
Randy T wrote:
It's easier to carry a gun than a cop anyway ROBERT.
When SECONDS counts cops are just 5 minutes away. Just ask JOES wife.
The fact that you wrote a post saying you do not care that a cop was murdered says everything anyone on this forum needs to know about you.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Apr 11, 2011
Robert Thorn wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you wrote a post saying you do not care that a cop was murdered says everything anyone on this forum needs to know about you.
I totally agree with you Robert~~
Randy T

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Apr 11, 2011
Yes,that's PHD level thinking...Congrats. Why should I care more about a murdered cop than a murdered baby? What Makes cop more special that one soldier or a man who builds skyscrapers, both risk their lives. More Soldiers killed and more Iron worker killed in their line of their work than any cop. Why are you such an Idiot? Maybe bad genes, maybe just don't get it. Stop trying to be smart.
Robert Thorn

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Apr 11, 2011
Randy T wrote:
Yes,that's PHD level thinking...Congrats. Why should I care more about a murdered cop than a murdered baby? What Makes cop more special that one soldier or a man who builds skyscrapers, both risk their lives. More Soldiers killed and more Iron worker killed in their line of their work than any cop. Why are you such an Idiot? Maybe bad genes, maybe just don't get it. Stop trying to be smart.
Who said the life of a murdered cop is worth more than the life of a fallen soldier, a murdered baby or a dead iron worker? This story is about the murder of a cop and you expressed apathy about it.

You really should stop posting here because with each additional word you are proving what a moron you really are.
Randy T

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Apr 12, 2011
That's the text book question I knew you were going to ask. You keep coming back like some crazed lunatic.

So... I am entertaining myself now at your expense. Originally, just spoke my mind, but your got all mortified and offended, or maybe angry, you have yet to deny your a COP. But who gives a F_CK.

Well, again, it goes to free speech. Many hard-core ideologues in both camps simply do not want to hear opinions other than their own. And if someone is successfully bloviating views that differ from their orthodoxy, they go ballistic.

Thanks D_Bag for piping in. Feel free to leave he the last word.
Randy T

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Apr 12, 2011
Harvard Law-2003
Robert Thorn

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Apr 12, 2011
Randy T wrote:
Harvard Law-2003
Yea, right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
it is a miracle. Feb 8 Jenny 1
Lipstick on the snowman Feb '15 Answer 1
Maplewood Home Depot may switch from Xcel to No... Jan '15 Answer 2
Ramsey County city races: Vadnais Heights mayor... Nov '14 Drunkin Henry 1
Widow, police chief clash over tribute pin (Oct '10) Oct '14 keren happ 208
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul '14 Turk 1,754
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr '14 Missmedezi 87
North St. Paul Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web