North St. Paul Mayor Can't Remember When They Had Yearly Goals

Mar 3, 2011 Full story: northsaintpaulnews.com

North St. Paul Mayor Mike Kuehn can't remember a time when the council had published yearly goals.

Full Story
Dave

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 5, 2011
No one expects to get any inside story from the Lillie News.

There are way, way, to many conflicts of interest, I need a flow chart to show you.

They allow themselves to act as stump for the various level of DFL politicians from here.

Reading one of the most recent letters to the Editor. Do we really needy councilman Peterson to thank the city for a wonderful job it did on plowing the snow?

Is that not their job? Should Kudos come from the public? This is in stark contrast to what was said in the last meeting. Have you walked all the sidewalks yourself? NO...

Candy can you get to business of solving our revenue problem rather than "letting everyone" know your on the council. We know that.
Senator Wiger ON SPENDING

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 10, 2011
Transportation priorities
State Sen. Chuck Wiger
District 55

As the metro area continues to expand and more Minnesotans rely on daily travel for work, school, shopping and entertainment, the transit system needs to improve and expand with it. The Minnesota Department of Transportation has reported that by 2030 the metro region is expected to be home to nearly one million more people than in 2000. This trend will continue to add stress to our transit system and we need to be prepared.

Funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act has made a large impact on transportation throughout the state. In 2010, several projects were completed thanks to the funding, such as the I-694 reconstruction between I-94 and 50th Street in Maplewood and Oakdale, I-94 resurfacing between Highway 280 and Western Avenue in St. Paul and the construction of a new flyover ramp from westbound I-94 to Highway 101 in Rogers.

Mn/DOT recently released their 2011 Metro District Legislative Briefing Book which details needed projects throughout the eight county metro district area. Three projects ready to begin in our area include:

Replacing a lighting system on I-694 at 10th Street in Oakdale

Work on unbonded concrete overlay on I-694 from 40th Street to Highway 61

Rebuilding a traffic signal at the Century College entrance in White Bear Lake

For more information on local projects, visit the Ramsey County website at http://www.co.ramsey.mn.us/pw/index.htm and the Washington County website at http://www.co.washington.mn.us/ (click on "roads and transit").

Reconstruction of Rice Street from County Road B to County Road B-2 is also continuing to make progress. Replacement of the aging Rice Street Bridge and construction of a new interchange will increase safety and lessen congestion. The project is expected to be completed in November 2011.

Another way to invest in our transit system is through a capital investment (bonding) bill. Governor Dayton already released his capital investment plan. He has asked the Legislature to use his suggestions and add some of our own. Two bills I recently introduced for the capital investment bill are designed to improve two interchanges in our district.

The first bill will fund a grant to Ramsey County to complete the design of the interchange of I-694 and White Bear Avenue. The second will be used to complete the design of the interchange of I-694 and Rice Street as well as associated improvements to the through-lanes of I-694 and areas of Rice Street adjacent to the interchange in Ramsey County. Both proposals are getting bipartisan support.

With a Republican led majority in the Senate, these projects will rely on their willingness to invest in a Capital Investment Bill. As in the past, I will work with my colleagues and others to advance these needed improvements.

As always, call me with questions or suggestions as needed. You may also visit my Senate website at senate.mn/senatorwiger.
Skinny

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Sep 9, 2011
Surely they have a plan you just can't see it... :-D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul '14 Turk 1,754
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr '14 Missmedezi 87
Legislation would rename Hwy. 36 in North St. P... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Joe Blow 3
Tarah Louise Schmahl booked on multiple charges (Dec '13) Dec '13 Local Jail Blotter 1
District 622 Want MORE TAXES (Jul '11) Nov '13 RPeterson 33
Newly installed wind turbines idled by Minnesot... (Jan '10) Nov '13 The loser is gone 2,893
•••
•••
•••

North St. Paul Jobs

•••
•••
•••

North St. Paul People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

North St. Paul News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North St. Paul