North St. Paul / Audio tells tale of ...

North St. Paul / Audio tells tale of cop killed with own gun

There are 26 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 16, 2010, titled North St. Paul / Audio tells tale of cop killed with own gun. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

In January, prosecutors ruled Maplewood police officer Julie Olson was justified in the shooting death of a Devon Dockery, 34, who attacked her and killed North St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
West Side for Life

United States

#31 Feb 17, 2010
jerry person wrote:
In 1979 police unholstered there gun on average once in their career. Todat gun toting cowboys play with the gun everysday. Guns do not kill people police and there aggression kill people. This a case of cops like children shold not be allowed to play with guns. before 1979 police wre john wayne size. Now they hire neices and nephews. Wimps and women affraid of their own shadow. Thus has made America the most unsafe place in the world. with millinsof innocent people in jail so thye greedy few can impress there aunts and unckes. This has destroyed genertiond of our children, These are the sickest group of predators. Predators with a badge,
You are a complete idiot. Oh and for your information John Wayne was NOT a big man at all. Any one of these men and women have more heart and bravery in their little finger than you have in your entire body. You are right about 1 thing, guns don't kill people, irresponsibile and untrained people with guns, kill people. However, Officer Crittenden was killed with his own gun while he was protecting a woman and her daughter, and Officer Olson fired, only AFTER the other officer was shot and she was also wounded, and she had EVERY RIGHT and justification to shoot that low life POS. If they hadn't done what they did that day, both Ms. Terry and her daughter would probably be dead, then what would you have to say about the police then?! You sound as though you have done time yourself. Only people who are pissed off, because they got caught and ended up paying for it, say that our jails are full of innocent people, not to mention, you say they are innocent and incarcerated due to the greed of these officers. You also write as though you have a jailhouse education. Get your head out of your a** and join us in reality buddy because your nuttier than a squirrel.
West Side for Life

United States

#32 Feb 17, 2010
me too wrote:
Ann No E's emailed:
Audio clip 2 makes me glad that I'm not married to a police officer. Like the line below it says, it's harrowing.
Well, my reason of not to marry police officer is because they're KILLERS. If you know what I meant.
You are as stupid as Jerry Person (POS). Were you two cellies?
Louise

Saint Paul, MN

#33 Feb 17, 2010
jerry person wrote:
In 1979 police unholstered there gun on average once in their career. Todat gun toting cowboys play with the gun everysday. Guns do not kill people police and there aggression kill people. This a case of cops like children shold not be allowed to play with guns. before 1979 police wre john wayne size. Now they hire neices and nephews. Wimps and women affraid of their own shadow. Thus has made America the most unsafe place in the world. with millinsof innocent people in jail so thye greedy few can impress there aunts and unckes. This has destroyed genertiond of our children, These are the sickest group of predators. Predators with a badge,
I'm not sure what is more stupid about your comments - your spelling or your idiotic comments. It's a toss up, I guess. Please crawl back into your hole. Thank you. Oh, and there is something called "Spellcheck - you might want to check it out."
Great Job

Two Rivers, WI

#34 Feb 17, 2010
After listening to the dispatchers I think they did a great job. They stayed calm and got help there as soon as possible.
Two evils

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Feb 17, 2010
TheTruth wrote:
The only people claiming that cops are "crooked" or "killers" are people raised like animals in a violent environment. Check out the national stats on violent crime in the United States...there is a certain ethnic group that is multiple times more likely to commit a violent crime than any other group. Who could it be??
What you said is just as ignorant as the person you responded to. Leave race out of it. This is about an officer who died.

“it takes a lot to laugh”

Since: Oct 09

St Paul

#37 Feb 17, 2010
Wilthey Learn wrote:
Only the people at this crime scene know what really happened and two of them are dead. However, some questions need to be answered such as how does a criminal get an officers weapon from him and shoot him while another police officer is present? If the criminal was reported to have a weapon, why didn't the officers exercise proper caution when entering the apartment? What was Officer Julie Olson doing while her partner was being attacked, while her partner was struggling with the criminal, and while her partner was losing his weapon to the criminal? Then when the apartment is re-entered after the incident, an officer not there initially and not familiar with the layout enters the apartment ahead of Officer Julie Olson?
You sound like the troll who was stating that Officer Crittenden was shot by Officer Olson. If you read the article, when the other officer entered the room after the shooting, Officer Olson had been wounded in the previous encounter with the scumbag. Both officers, Olson and Crittenden were ambushed by the scumbag, with Crittenden in the lead. Hindsight is 20/20. Its easy to second guess somebodies actions from afar, but I am sure you would have applied your massive life skills to diffuse the situation had you been there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maplewood road rage incident 'out of character'... (May '10) Feb 15 The real John Bab... 64
NSP electric utility scam Jan '18 Walls work 2
John Schmal award Jan '18 Walls work 1
NSP roads are terrible Dec '17 FBI Dirty - Trump... 1
Scott T gave up Dec '17 Franken is TOAST 2
Class B License (Jun '17) Jun '17 reddheadbabe 1
News Ramsey County commissioners poised to approve 2... (Jun '15) Oct '15 LEGAL Thieves Amo... 3

North St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North St. Paul Mortgages