North St. Paul / Audio tells tale of ...

North St. Paul / Audio tells tale of cop killed with own gun

There are 26 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 16, 2010, titled North St. Paul / Audio tells tale of cop killed with own gun. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

In January, prosecutors ruled Maplewood police officer Julie Olson was justified in the shooting death of a Devon Dockery, 34, who attacked her and killed North St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 16, 2010
In audio clip 1, Ms Terry sounds strangely calm for reporting someone who has violated a stay away order and who was supposed to have had a gun.

Audio clip 2 makes me glad that I'm not married to a police officer. Like the line below it says, it's harrowing.
thanks

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Feb 16, 2010
Exceptional police work!
Too much

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Feb 16, 2010
If I were a family member of officer Crittenden, I do not think I would want the tapes published. What a horrible way to remember your loved one.

I also think its kind of morbid to publish these tapes. So, I am not going to listen to them...

Fly with the angels Officer Crittenden
Grandmaster G

Chapel Hill, NC

#4 Feb 16, 2010
Senseless!!

That could make angels cry!

What a job by Officer Olson!

RIP officer Critterden
ICEManCometh

United States

#5 Feb 17, 2010
Ann No E wrote:
In audio clip 1, Ms Terry sounds strangely calm for reporting someone who has violated a stay away order and who was supposed to have had a gun.
Audio clip 2 makes me glad that I'm not married to a police officer. Like the line below it says, it's harrowing.
My guess is that after dealing with his b.s. for as long as she had, it had become routine to call the cops on him for all his antics, and each time just gets more routine, even when fear is involved. I would add that when law enforcement is too understaffed oftentimes to really get invested with protecting people who have restraining orders out against someone, the victims probably get used to the routine of "call, report, wait, see nothing come of it," then lather, rinse, repeat. Until it gets brutal and someone gets hurt.
ICEManCometh

United States

#6 Feb 17, 2010
R.I.P. Officer.
Someone who knows better

Hopkins, MN

#7 Feb 17, 2010
knows that the judge who kept letting this guy out was as guilty as Dockery was in this officers death. He should hang his head in shame! Also if anything was learned here the 1st time one of these clowns ignore restraining order, jail, no bail. How many people have to die including police, woman and children? Really? How many?
jerry person

Comstock, WI

#8 Feb 17, 2010
In 1979 police unholstered there gun on average once in their career. Todat gun toting cowboys play with the gun everysday. Guns do not kill people police and there aggression kill people. This a case of cops like children shold not be allowed to play with guns. before 1979 police wre john wayne size. Now they hire neices and nephews. Wimps and women affraid of their own shadow. Thus has made America the most unsafe place in the world. with millinsof innocent people in jail so thye greedy few can impress there aunts and unckes. This has destroyed genertiond of our children, These are the sickest group of predators. Predators with a badge,

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“it takes a lot to laugh”

Since: Oct 09

St Paul

#11 Feb 17, 2010
jerry person wrote:
In 1979 police unholstered there gun on average once in their career. Todat gun toting cowboys play with the gun everysday. Guns do not kill people police and there aggression kill people. This a case of cops like children shold not be allowed to play with guns. before 1979 police wre john wayne size. Now they hire neices and nephews. Wimps and women affraid of their own shadow. Thus has made America the most unsafe place in the world. with millinsof innocent people in jail so thye greedy few can impress there aunts and unckes. This has destroyed genertiond of our children, These are the sickest group of predators. Predators with a badge,
You are without a doubt the biggest ***hole that posts on topix. I bet you think you are a victim because some judge sent your sorry a s s to jail for crimes you committed and you will not now or ever take responsibility for your actions. Its a shame that you will not take your medication to curb your psychosis.
OAKMAN

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Feb 17, 2010
my respects to the family , and julie you did the right thing , never ever think these police have a easy job . Also do not question if they should have gone in gave him a big hug ,maybe he would have droped the flaming rag.
TheTruth

Owatonna, MN

#19 Feb 17, 2010
The only people claiming that cops are "crooked" or "killers" are people raised like animals in a violent environment. Check out the national stats on violent crime in the United States...there is a certain ethnic group that is multiple times more likely to commit a violent crime than any other group. Who could it be??
Bootsontheroad

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Feb 17, 2010
jerry person wrote:
After reading this and your other post, I firmly believe that if you had a brain you would take it out and play with it. I guess you dislike police officrs, what one to many DUIs?
Thank you

Aurora, CO

#23 Feb 17, 2010
jerry person wrote:
This is very good work Jerry, now go to finger painting, and then we'll have cookies and milk before your nap. By the way, when does your daddy get out of prison so he can help you with your spelling?

Since: Feb 10

Winona, MN

#24 Feb 17, 2010
Why on earth are all of these details newsworthy??? The poor man is dead. He obviously died a horrendous death. The publication of these details serve absolutely no good purpose other than to sell newspapers to morbid readers. Shame on e Pioneer Press for not considering this man's family!!! God rest his soul.

Winona, MN

#25 Feb 17, 2010
Bootsontheroad wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading this and your other post, I firmly believe that if you had a brain you would take it out and play with it. I guess you dislike police officrs, what one to many DUIs?
DITTO!!!

Winona, MN

#26 Feb 17, 2010
jerry person wrote:
This guy went from a bad cop to a good cop in one shot. He is finally an honest cop.
This will save a few hundred children.
Why don't you come back and make a coherent post after you've sobered up!!!
Wilthey Learn

Cumberland, WI

#27 Feb 17, 2010
Only the people at this crime scene know what really happened and two of them are dead. However, some questions need to be answered such as how does a criminal get an officers weapon from him and shoot him while another police officer is present? If the criminal was reported to have a weapon, why didn't the officers exercise proper caution when entering the apartment? What was Officer Julie Olson doing while her partner was being attacked, while her partner was struggling with the criminal, and while her partner was losing his weapon to the criminal? Then when the apartment is re-entered after the incident, an officer not there initially and not familiar with the layout enters the apartment ahead of Officer Julie Olson?
thank you

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Feb 17, 2010
RIP officer
Mom

Duluth, MN

#29 Feb 17, 2010
jerry person wrote:
I am guessing you have had a few run-ins with the police and not happy about it. One of those people that cries it is everybody else's fault------POS
MMJ

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Feb 17, 2010
First of all, I am going to ignore the stupid posts by Jerry & his friends.

I would like to say however, the tapes are public record and I for one am glad they made these tapes available. If you remember there was a lot of questioning going on after this happened, and these tapes tell the story like nothing else can.

Also, if you go back to read & listen to the details again, you will notice the officer went in to arrest this guy, they struggled and during the struggle the perp took his HOLSTERED gun. The partner was right in waiting for back-up. Once a situation escalates to this point that is their procedure.

I am very proud & relieved to have these fine men & women protecting me. They were very professional through & through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Razing puts end to fight over historic 'junk ho... (Jul '10) Jun 5 Batman 1781 130
News North/east news briefs: Coon Rapids rewrites ya... Jun 5 Pleasant Valley S... 1
News Ramsey County commissioners poised to approve 2... (Jun '15) Oct '15 LEGAL Thieves Amo... 3
Attorney reviews Thorsen's police report, decli... (May '15) May '15 NSPpoo 1
Lipstick on the snowman (Feb '15) Feb '15 Answer 1
News Maplewood Home Depot may switch from Xcel to No... (Sep '14) Jan '15 Answer 2
News Ramsey County city races: Vadnais Heights mayor... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Drunkin Henry 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North St. Paul Mortgages