LDS Missionary Accused Of Child Sexual Assault

Full story: Kutv.com

SALT LAKE CITY An LDS missionary is behind bars for allegedly sexually assaulting a 12-year-old boy and according to investigators this missionary had recently baptized the boy.
Comments
1 - 20 of 194 Comments Last updated Jan 25, 2013
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“Good Day!”

Since: Dec 06

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 28, 2007
 
RJg wrote:
I guess there are some good and bad apples in every faith, right? Too bad. And I had such faith in all of my "good" Mormon neighbors.
So does that mean all your "good" Mormon neighbors are child molesters? I know a lot of people in Clearfield, non that I know of are child molesters.

Like you said good and bad apples in every faith.
Peggy Thibodaux

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 28, 2007
 
I think you should say there are good and bad people all over the world.
This young man has prepared his life to serving the Lord and some one makes statements or accuses him of doing something that is againest all that he has been taught and believes in.
charles bowmeester 111

Moose Jaw, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 28, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hi peggy... it is a noble profession to serve the Lord!! It is not noble to teach and preach things that are not of the Lord...We must all be very sure that we are instructing others with the truth. Its good to make sure that he has been taught correctly....When it comes to mormonism I am afraid that it is not truth.

“Good Day!”

Since: Dec 06

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 1, 2007
 

Judged:

1

RJg wrote:
Kind of like when this Elders Mom & Dad taught him it is okay to put your hand(s) down the pants of young boys! Got to love it! The LDS bunch are taking after the Catholic bunch now!
No you're just being totally ignorant. I'm sure whatever church you go to there has never been anyone that has done anything wrong.

“Good Day!”

Since: Dec 06

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 1, 2007
 
charles bowmeester 111 wrote:
Hi peggy... it is a noble profession to serve the Lord!! It is not noble to teach and preach things that are not of the Lord...We must all be very sure that we are instructing others with the truth. Its good to make sure that he has been taught correctly....When it comes to mormonism I am afraid that it is not truth.
Hi Bobby...who are you to be talking about instructing others with the truth. I don't know that you've been able to quote one full scripture and make sense of it on this forum.
smoke

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 2, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Is this Satanic Ritual abuse?

Why is it MOrm0ons, Jehovah's Witnesses and Catholics who are performing these rituals?
Bozo the Clown

Sandy, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 2, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I hope this "elder" get "reamed" a good one in the joint. I bet he'll wish he had the Holy Ghost looking after him then, right?
sirloin

Moose Jaw, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 2, 2007
 
Poncho wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bobby...who are you to be talking about instructing others with the truth. I don't know that you've been able to quote one full scripture and make sense of it on this forum.
go back and read your comments,then come back and give us a summary of the great things you have taught us....make sure you include your name calling remarks....... that will surely show everyone what a scholar you are......
Bozo the Clown

Sandy, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 2, 2007
 
What do you expect from someone who lives in Lenexa?

“Good Day!”

Since: Dec 06

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 3, 2007
 
Bozo the Clown wrote:
What do you expect from someone who lives in Lenexa?
A lot more then someone that lives in Clearfield. I'm guessing you're pretty close to Sunset aren't you?
Open Sesame

Sandy, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 3, 2007
 
You know what, I do expect more from someone who lives in Lenexa, but you know, they are kind of like IOWA people, just Idiots Out Wandering Around.
sirloin

Moose Jaw, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 3, 2007
 
Poncho wrote:
<quoted text>A lot more then someone that lives in Clearfield. I'm guessing you're pretty close to Sunset aren't you?
ANOTHER in depth biblical study with your host PONCHO??
George 84

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 7, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Why is it, that child abusers, most often come from religious groups that have repressive teachings about human sexuality?
George 84

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 7, 2007
 
Is their a valid connection, psychologically speaking?
Big Bad Bob

Rahway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 8, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Lassie For President 2008
Flipper for VP
newton

Temuco, Chile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 14, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

In Latin America you would be AMAZED at how badly the mormon missionaries here abuse young girls. The church covers it up, and not only that condemns the latin members for being "temptations" to the their holy missionaries.

Forcing a 13 year old girl to give oral sex, and sexually molesting her as a 23 year old missionary, then having the church cover it up without any report of this act on the missionary´s record is an abomination. This missionary should be in jail.

Instead the young girl and her mother were blamed and chastised because the girl was wearing "inappropriate clothes" and her clothing choices were "tempting the missionaries"

THAT'S JUST ONE EXAMPLE.

Thats coruption in the church not just a few bad apples.
newton

Temuco, Chile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 14, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I can give you this mormon's name and where he is living at this time. I even have a letter he wrote to this girl containing a pathetic apology for what he did. He currently holds a temple recommend. Latter-day "SAINTS" = Wolves in sheeps clothing? Indeed.

“Good Day!”

Since: Dec 06

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 14, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

newton wrote:
In Latin America you would be AMAZED at how badly the mormon missionaries here abuse young girls. The church covers it up, and not only that condemns the latin members for being "temptations" to the their holy missionaries.
Forcing a 13 year old girl to give oral sex, and sexually molesting her as a 23 year old missionary, then having the church cover it up without any report of this act on the missionary´s record is an abomination. This missionary should be in jail.
Instead the young girl and her mother were blamed and chastised because the girl was wearing "inappropriate clothes" and her clothing choices were "tempting the missionaries"
THAT'S JUST ONE EXAMPLE.
Thats coruption in the church not just a few bad apples.
And then this one time a dragon came and landed on my house. He picked up my house with his claws and pulled it off the foundation. Then he flew down to Chile where he has a secret cave that he keeps all of the houses he collects.

Look Chile I can do it to.
BOB BAWN

Moose Jaw, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 14, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Poncho wrote:
<quoted text>And then this one time a dragon came and landed on my house. He picked up my house with his claws and pulled it off the foundation. Then he flew down to Chile where he has a secret cave that he keeps all of the houses he collects.
Look Chile I can do it to.
Is that in the book of mormon too ponch??? when are you going to answer my question about baptizing the dead?? why are you avoiding the answer??

“Good Day!”

Since: Dec 06

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 14, 2007
 

Judged:

1

BOB BAWN wrote:
<quoted text>Is that in the book of mormon too ponch??? when are you going to answer my question about baptizing the dead?? why are you avoiding the answer??
There is the easy common sense answer but you won't accept that. So I have to get all geared up to try to prove it to you again. I get worn out with all the "why", "how come", "what mechanism was used for Mary to become pregnant" questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 9 min Dana Robertson 10,895
Mitt Romney takes ALS Ice Bucket challenge, soa... 2 hr Straw Grasping Te... 5
Officer cleared in Sugar House dog shooting 11 hr aggravated 4
How Ebay is Squeezing the Little Guy Out Using ... (Jul '13) 20 hr NetWatch 13
How did my neighbor died? 22 hr Just a neighbor 1
Why no riots? Thu ddd 1
Go For the Food: Mexican food in Salt Lake City... Aug 16 Judy 1

Search the North Salt Lake Forum:
•••
•••
•••

North Salt Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

North Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

North Salt Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Salt Lake
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••