Volunteers of America helping young h...

Volunteers of America helping young homeless men get off the streets

There are 5 comments on the KSTU story from Dec 15, 2011, titled Volunteers of America helping young homeless men get off the streets. In it, KSTU reports that:

Young homeless men in Utah now have a chance to get off the street and into transitional housing in Salt Lake City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSTU.

bill

United States

#1 Mar 27, 2012
charice argyle ran a way from home so that she could have sex and wants people to feel sorry for her she has been offered at least four jobs that i no of because i offered then to her call the shelter and she will anser the phone and tell you that she wants to work right.her parents are good people.
carlose

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 May 20, 2012
[all she is ia ??????? and tryes to take advantage of people she is to stupid at that
Cory

Santa Ana, CA

#3 Nov 18, 2013
Elaborate. I think I've seen this individual.
Karma Be A Bitch

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Dec 7, 2013
She is a cheater she is dishonest she is a liar and most of all she use's people to her advantage in till she gets what she wants and then tosses them aside like garbage i know of at least 4 boyfriends that she has cheated on and when they confronted her about it she acted like it was no big deal, i have never meet a more selfish person and self absorbed person in my entire life,
Joe

Plant City, FL

#5 Dec 11, 2013
Helping someone is not always giving them Money or work. But you have to stay safe and reasonable about what you do. Money is never going to be the fixer of their problem(s). Some are truly only looking for another fix or drank, which may kill them. Try spending a little time with them in there world as Christ did. Talking about Christ with them. Do not become so friendly your taking them home with you. That is not safe. Food, Water, a blanket can go along way to helping them. Even a cardboard box can be helpful. Checking on them in there world and teaching them to pray, about faith, as they do not know what you already know. Do not touch them as this may be taken the wrong way. Asking them what's on there mind. If they say work, food there not letting you into there thoughts. As there only looking for you to give them money for what they think you want them to be looking for. But its for drugs or drank. So talk, how much have you eaten? how much do you eat GODS words and fill your mind and heart with his words and foods for life. By good works you can not earn your way into heaven. But by the words of Christ, giving them a book to read or read it to them or teach them to read. Show them how to eat food on a camp fire and show them how to stay clean and soon they may search for Christ through you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Nail Live Concert at Sandy, Utah (Salt La... 1 hr davidlawson 2
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul 22 wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Jul 21 dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1
News Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb '15 Blow 4

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages