Mormon Church President Mourned in Utah

Mormon Church President Mourned in Utah

There are 13 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 28, 2008, titled Mormon Church President Mourned in Utah. In it, Newsday reports that:

Utah's leaders and believers mourned the death of Gordon B. Hinckley, the humble head of the Mormon church who added millions of new members and labored long to burnish the faith's image as a world religion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Pope benedict

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jan 28, 2008
mormon is a false religion

Since: Dec 07

Bow before your leader

#2 Jan 28, 2008
after the 16 wife's split up the insurance, can't be much left.
Hmmm

United States

#3 Jan 28, 2008
Sounds like he was a good man, regardless of what he believed. R.I.P.
mbm

Hempstead, NY

#4 Jan 28, 2008
Guinness Drinker wrote:
after the 16 wife's split up the insurance, can't be much left.
This is one of the most hillarious remarks!
LOL !!
Cult Killer

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jan 28, 2008
Good riddance!!!

Mormonism is an evil cult whose aim is world domination. No one would trust a Mormon in the White House, which is why Romney is going nowhere. It's bad enough they infest Utah and large parts of surrounding states.
human

Levittown, NY

#6 Jan 28, 2008
I object strongly to the media automatically labelling people who practice religion as "the faithful" or people of "values."

conservative newsday should be ashamed again.
Christine

UK

#7 Jan 28, 2008
The best website to learn about Mormons is actually from former Mormons - www.exmormon.org - read all about their sacred temple rituals and secret underwear!

Oh, and to go to the temple you need to pay 10% of your earnings. But for that you get a barcoded temple recommend! Oooh collect 'em all!

Religion is for Morons - oops sorry I mean Mormons.
CONSTITUTION

Middle Haddam, CT

#8 Jan 28, 2008
Whatever religion you believe in, or if you choose to not believe in any organized religions, why not just follow what the founding fathers laid out for this nation. Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion are two of this nations greatests gifts to its citizens. If you feel the need to make remarks about someones religion, why do you feel the need to attempt to ridicule or debase people of beliefs other then your own? And no I am not Mormon, Jewish, Muslim or Christian. I believe in a persons right to believe in whatever brings them peace. So did this Nations founders.
If you do not agree with someone, thats fine. If you do not like the Freedoms that this Nation offers all peoples, then leave. Why not try to be a slightly better person and just relax a little. Maybe the Mormon faith has more then its fair share of quirkiness, but not that long ago the Catholic Church practiced torture during the Spanish Inquisition. You people need to all just start drinking decaf and relax.

“Politically Incorrect ”

Since: Dec 06

Modesto, CA

#9 Jan 28, 2008
A bunch of people in Utah saw the mothership taking Gordon B. Hinckley off to MormonLand.
Hmmm

United States

#10 Jan 28, 2008
I've been to Salt Lake City for the 2002 Winter Olympics. The people were very decent and hospitable, the city is clean, and the crime rate is low. Regardless of what you think of the Mormon religion, they run things pretty well there.
Not Impressed

Milford, CT

#11 Jan 28, 2008
Hmmm wrote:
I've been to Salt Lake City for the 2002 Winter Olympics. The people were very decent and hospitable, the city is clean, and the crime rate is low. Regardless of what you think of the Mormon religion, they run things pretty well there.
They don't run the city.
Jay

Stockton, CA

#12 Jan 28, 2008
The Mormon False Prophet - Gordon B Hinckley - is DEAD! "Spend Eternity in Hell!"
Mutt Romney is a "PHONEY" who tells you what you want to hear and is "UN-ELECTABLE" to the majority of U.S. Voters. Make your vote count for a "REPUBLICAN" who is "ELECTABLE".
Do you want Mormon "Supreme Court Judges"? They are "On The Bench For Life" after being nominated and confirmed. Mutt, if elected, would have 4 years of opportunities to nominate these Supreme Court Judges, along with other Federal Judges? Don't think they could get confirmed, it only takes a little political "trade-offs".
Mutt & his (5) sons have "NEVER" served in the military. Could Mutt be "less qualified'' for Commander and Chief?
It is physically, fiancially, unrealistic, to send back 12 million illegal aliens. You may "wish for it", but it cannot be done.
(WZZM13, 1-12-2008, By KATHY GRAY, TODD SPANGLER and DAWSON BELL FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS
Mutt was quoted:“Anyone earning $200,000 or less would have a new tax rate on their savings,” he said.“And that tax rate is zero.
Does anybody actually believe in this irrational, foolish, statement?
While Mormons share some beliefs, they fervently believe their "book of Mormon" is more "Holy & Reverent" than the "Holy Bible". This Cult Sect has perverted Christian teachings to create a false religion, with false prophecies and false teachings. In their beliefs, they have included (Jewish heritage in their ancestery, call all non-mormons Gentiles, perform the conversion and baptism of other religion's deceased(without their permission), and actually believe all other religions are false, and that all Non-Mormons will go to Hell.
If you want a "brain-washed", "mind-controlled", "puppet" President, then by all means, vote for Williard (Mitt) Romney.
penelope a smithers

Albany, NY

#13 Jan 28, 2008
He is survived by 18 wives,90 children 360 grandchildren and 678 great grandchildren.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EXCLUSIVE: Utah police chiefs meet to talk immi... (Aug '10) May 15 Sebastion 17
dispen-sary 24/7 A d d y s IRs n XR etc May 15 Trouver 1
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) May 14 Not fooled 132
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1
News Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb '15 Blow 4
News Police close to catching Midvale check fraud su... (Sep '10) Jan '15 not surprised 36
News After violent Utah landslide, a community on edge (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jeannie Jex 1

North Salt Lake Jobs

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages