DNA Proves Book Of Mormon Fake

DNA Proves Book Of Mormon Fake

Posted in the North Salt Lake Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Happy Lesbo

Hurricane, UT

#1 Oct 10, 2010
The Book Of Mormon claims Native Americans are descendents of the Lost Tribe of Levi (Jews). Funny thing, DNA has conclusively proved Indians are the offspring of the reindeer prople from Siberia without a drop of Jewish DNA. Maybe Joseph's peepstone just wasn't working that day.
Rock

Brazil

#2 May 17, 2011
Definitly there´s no more room for fake preachings
and the proof that religion isn´t necessary to bring people to worship God. By the way each person sould reach faith by themselves instead of
being persuaded.

Only the full can´t see it.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 May 20, 2011
Yeah that and common sense prove the book of momo is fake.
Doug Forbes

Greenfield, IN

#4 May 30, 2011
Of the 4 or 5 possible scenarios where the majority of American Indians could have Near Eastern paternal ancestors, my current favorite is this. Many Native Americans typed as Q1a3a are actually Q1a3b. The mutation that separates these two lineage groups is called M323. I have read a number of DNA studies focused on Americans of pre-Columbian origin and none of them have listed M323 as one of the mutations tested for.
BACKGROUND
1. The Q1a3b Y-chromosome haplogroup includes 15% of Yemenite Jews.(Shen 2004)
2. The Q1a3a Y-chromosome haplogroup includes 30% of American Indians and about 4% of Latinos in the US,(Hammer 2005)
3. The Q1a3b haplogroup has never been found in a non-Jewish population which means that, at present, it is an Israelite marker.
4. According to Yemenite Jewish folk history, a group of wealthy Israelites left Jerusalem for Yemen in 629 BC when they heard Jeremiah predict the destruction of the temple.
5. The Q1a3a marker in American Indians is typically identified by testing positive for 2 mutations (M242 and M346) and negative for 1 mutation (M3). However, if you performed the same tests on a Yemenite Jew who belonged to the Q1a3b haplogroup you would get the same results; positive for M242 and M346 and negative for M3. You would test for the M323 mutation in order to find the difference.
THEORY
Until a reasonable search is made for the M323 mutation in populations of pre-Columbian American origin a direct link between the Middle East and pre-Columbian Americans via the Q1a3b haplogroup can not be dismissed.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 May 31, 2011
Another interesting fact is that about 10 years before Joseph wrote the BofM, a fictional novel was published by an upstate New York writer that talked about the ancient Indians who came north as decedents of a group of people who by the way came from the eastern Mediterranean. The story talks about the great friction between tribes and then a great battle between them. Both tribes were killed off in the end. Some of the charters in the novel are very similar in sounding names to the ones Joseph used in his BofM. The similarities are striking. It would not have been hard to modify the text to sound scriptural, rather than a novel. It was a very limited printing and did dot sell well.

When a researcher of early unknown American authors came across this unknown works at an old bookstore that had collected books of unknown authors, he included a summary of it in a literature digest. It was around the 1950's.

Someone in the LDS history research unit, saw the article and the church immediately purchased the book and made sure there were no other copies floating around. Never to be seen again.
Heresy

Chicago, IL

#6 Jun 5, 2011
Are your referring to Spaulding?
http://www.mormonfortress.com/spauld2.html
BigLvnFmly wrote:
Another interesting fact is that about 10 years before Joseph wrote the BofM, a fictional novel was published by an upstate New York writer that talked about the ancient Indians who came north as decedents of a group of people who by the way came from the eastern Mediterranean. The story talks about the great friction between tribes and then a great battle between them. Both tribes were killed off in the end. Some of the charters in the novel are very similar in sounding names to the ones Joseph used in his BofM. The similarities are striking. It would not have been hard to modify the text to sound scriptural, rather than a novel. It was a very limited printing and did dot sell well.
When a researcher of early unknown American authors came across this unknown works at an old bookstore that had collected books of unknown authors, he included a summary of it in a literature digest. It was around the 1950's.
Someone in the LDS history research unit, saw the article and the church immediately purchased the book and made sure there were no other copies floating around. Never to be seen again.
Heresy

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 5, 2011
Whether or not Joseph wrote the BOM or not is immaterial.
It can't possible be true because Christianity it's self is a fallacy.
Though you might find a jewish man named Yehoshua he surely is not diety nor did he save us from our sins... The whole thing is a crock.
And Joseph knew this. He was never christian. This is the ultimate reason why he was assassinated by mormon leaders. They figured out he was not christian.
He pissed off christians as well as masons... bad juju
So Brigham had him killed.
This is the big secret the church has been hiding for years and the ultimate reason why we no longer have a decedent of Joseph Smith as patriarch of the church...

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#8 Jun 6, 2011
Heresy wrote:
Are your referring to Spaulding?
http://www.mormonfortress.com/spauld2.html
<quoted text>
Yes, I think you're right. It has been many years since I researched it.
Jesus son of Mary

Gilbert, AZ

#9 Apr 20, 2012
Isiah chap 19 versus 18-25, tells us Egypt thru Syria is the true faith, and their language will be of Canaanite origin(Arabic),scholars argue it's Hebrew, really??? Hebrew the language from Egypt to Syria??, come on every 6th grader knows it's Arabic!!!!!!And the religion that made that region speak the Cannanite language is Islam, sorry the truth hurts sometime, this prediction, in Isiah was over 1500 years before it happened in 683, with conquest of Egypt,Palestine, and Syria amazing! You'll NEVER see any preacher or rabbi preach that!

Since: Sep 11

Chillicothe, MO

#10 Apr 22, 2012
Those who say DNA dis validates the BofM, also say it is impossible for all the cultures of the earth to come from Shem, Ham, and Japeth. So there goes the Bible too. Now what?
loggerblogger

Portland, OR

#11 May 11, 2012
Heresy wrote:
Whether or not Joseph wrote the BOM or not is immaterial.
It can't possible be true because Christianity it's self is a fallacy.
Though you might find a jewish man named Yehoshua he surely is not diety nor did he save us from our sins... The whole thing is a crock.
And Joseph knew this. He was never christian. This is the ultimate reason why he was assassinated by mormon leaders. They figured out he was not christian.
He pissed off christians as well as masons... bad juju
So Brigham had him killed.
This is the big secret the church has been hiding for years and the ultimate reason why we no longer have a decedent of Joseph Smith as patriarch of the church...
They are living a lie to try and cover up the. I to researched this, Smith was so tied in with the Masons On the surface the good people who are Mormons appear as all American as Apple pie.
joe

Dodge City, KS

#12 Jun 4, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
The Book Of Mormon claims Native Americans are descendents of the Lost Tribe of Levi (Jews). Funny thing, DNA has conclusively proved Indians are the offspring of the reindeer prople from Siberia without a drop of Jewish DNA. Maybe Joseph's peepstone just wasn't working that day.
Where is the report that claims this? or is it just hear say. Either way I know the Book of Mormon is real ancient account of people in whom worshiped God. Is it not true that people lived in the north American and South American continents hundreds of years before anyone discovered the Americas. And why wouldn't God communicate with them? What makes them less then the jews. Why wouldn't God teach them that Jesus Christ is going to sacrifice Himself to redeem us? Because God did communicate to them why wouldn't somebody write it down-hint hint like the bible. Why do people only care about the bible? That their couldn't be "another bible". Were other people living on different continents during the bible times? Would God leave them out of the gospel, just because of where they lived? If you can answer those questions with an open mind and heart, You can bet you will get your answer. If you really care and want to know from someone who does know if it is real or not, ask God, He knows. If you do it with a sincere heart-meaning you really want to know you will get an answer. He will answer, I know He will.
SalsaChef01

United States

#13 Jul 4, 2012
Many Many Many Many times the Holy Bible has been proven correct along the lines of Cities and People, and Language, etc. But NEVER has the BofM been proven correct along those lines. Everything in it is BullCrap. If people would open their eyes and read it themselves, they would realize it. God NEVER contradicts himself, and that's what the BofM does. Contradict the Bible. The Quran and the BofM are both books that satan uses to draw people away from the truth. I will be praying for you guys for you to know the truth like I do.

Since: Sep 11

Chillicothe, MO

#14 Aug 28, 2012
If the highest ideals i could find for living were taught from fables, I would attempt to pattern my life after them. to do anything less, I would find as an offense and insult to my desire to go beyond the accepted norms, whatever they be. If something makes you a better person, and brings you greater joy, I think you should follow that goodness, and never be satisfied for anything less.
The reasons behind lies

Portland, OR

#15 Mar 31, 2013
Common sense tells you that the BoM is fake, but I also believe that many of the Biblical stories are not as they occured in any practical sense.

For example, the story of Adam and Eve is not scientifically responsible. The core of the story is moral though and that may offer some spiritual sense.

The story of Noah and his great, planet-saving boat is absolute bull.... This never happened. It is fun from the stand-point of a child but please don't be gullible like one.

History, science and good old fashioned common sense tell you these things. The stories though have morals, the same way that parables have morals. The problem though is that the story tellers had to embelish so damn much and the stories were primarily oratory to begin with before they were recorded. Even the Epistles (supposedly from the apostles themselves) were not actually written until about 90 years after the events.

Whether or not there is a God, or the BoM is true or even the Bible is true doesn't really matter. The important thing is to be able to look at things with common sense and take a good lesson when it is offered to you. There writers of the BoM (3 total) did have good stuff to offer. The cummulative authors, interpreters and scholars of the Bible have the same good stuff to offer.

If you ignore details and focus on morals then you can pick up any religious book and come out ahead (even the Quran). Just use common sense and take the messages for what they are worth.
Scotty

UK

#16 Apr 22, 2013
The book of mormon is an obvious fake, the way it is written ie: "I say unto you"... PEOPLE NEVER
TALKED LIKE THAT IN THAT CENTURY!!! ITs been ripped apart and studied by different scholars and they have all come to the same conclusion.
Is the bible any different?? After all, the BofM is a branch of christianity. You tell someone that the bible (whichever book) is bullshit and they will tell you the exact same thing as their blind defenses rise... "Adam and Eve or the story of Noah?? They are not bullshit, you have just interpreted them wrongly"... Call someone on the fact that their chosen dogma goes against the laws of nature or common sense and it is YOU (the thinking person)who doesnt get it. Cause when you have an unfalseifiable faith, you can move mountains with 14th century idiocy.
Latter Day Atheist

Hazleton, PA

#17 Apr 28, 2013
DNA is tricky due to the mass migrations of humans throughout history. The Abrahamic Religions are all definitely a meld of factual history, politicking, scripture and fable. It is still plausible that an Israeli tribe made it in the New World. Most likely that would have been from the West Africa to the Caribbean or South America.
ronald

UK

#18 Sep 25, 2013
I say stick to what you believe whether you believe in the book of mormon of the bible its entirely your business. Nobody wants to hear your opinion cause you aren't even 100% sure of what you say! In the end of days God will judge us individually
Nathaniel Nettey_GHANA

Accra, Ghana

#20 Jan 9, 2014
SalsaChef01 wrote:
Many Many Many Many times the Holy Bible has been proven correct along the lines of Cities and People, and Language, etc. But NEVER has the BofM been proven correct along those lines. Everything in it is BullCrap. If people would open their eyes and read it themselves, they would realize it. God NEVER contradicts himself, and that's what the BofM does. Contradict the Bible. The Quran and the BofM are both books that satan uses to draw people away from the truth. I will be praying for you guys for you to know the truth like I do.
Mister, so what abt my people of Africa? what account determines that the same God spoke to them. And why didn't Jesus also visit them in the same or similar form? What about those of India and the other Asian nations. Are they not just as deserving? Please, think through before you comment. Dont try to sound appealing. It is evident that the whole issue with Smith is fictitious and dubious.
Nathaniel Nettey_GHANA

Accra, Ghana

#21 Jan 9, 2014
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the report that claims this? or is it just hear say. Either way I know the Book of Mormon is real ancient account of people in whom worshiped God. Is it not true that people lived in the north American and South American continents hundreds of years before anyone discovered the Americas. And why wouldn't God communicate with them? What makes them less then the jews. Why wouldn't God teach them that Jesus Christ is going to sacrifice Himself to redeem us? Because God did communicate to them why wouldn't somebody write it down-hint hint like the bible. Why do people only care about the bible? That their couldn't be "another bible". Were other people living on different continents during the bible times? Would God leave them out of the gospel, just because of where they lived? If you can answer those questions with an open mind and heart, You can bet you will get your answer. If you really care and want to know from someone who does know if it is real or not, ask God, He knows. If you do it with a sincere heart-meaning you really want to know you will get an answer. He will answer, I know He will.
Mister, so what abt my people of Africa? what account determines that the same God spoke to them. And why didn't Jesus also visit them in the same or similar form? What about those of India and the other Asian nations. Are they not just as deserving? Please, think through before you comment. Dont try to sound appealing. It is evident that the whole issue with Smith is fictitious and dubious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ed Puckett Thu Notyourbusiness 2
trump dont like woman Wed Honestly 16
why will no one help!!!!!! Apr 27 tongangodz 3
News Stockton's new police chief was 'chosen wisely'... Apr 25 Top Cop 4
News Correction: Harvey Milk Boulevard-Salt Lake Cit... Apr 22 jcofe 3
News Several People were Injured at Insane Clown Pos... (May '07) Apr 21 Suzy 71
News Capital of conservative Utah will name street f... Apr 20 Gov Corbutt of th... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages