Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20867 Mar 2, 2013
anonymousnetruthteller wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I went to most Christian branches and did research on Mormonism and have found out the truth
More likely your momma was LDS and made to attend it.
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#20868 Mar 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling black skin a curse is racists. Don't believe me? Say that to a black person. The Mormon church is founded on claiming that all the other faiths are an abomination, that putting them down. Try to be honest about your faith.
Another liar for the Lord.
The church has changed the doctorate enough to loose Gods favor(priesthood)and we do NOT believe black skin a curse(unless the year is pre-2??(before the curse was removed and if in the Americas

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#20869 Mar 2, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is you that have been lied to by a false prophet who boasted he was greater than Jesus.
Youíre so right. Mormonism is so clearly a fraud, but more frauds are being invented all the time, so:
People:
Does it make any sense at all for you to spend a great deal of time planning where youíll vacation in the immediate future, but spend no time at all researching where youíll spend eternity? Of course not.
Another problem: If youíre confused now, itíll be even harder every day you procrastinate because thereĎs more propaganda being written every day, and it will be nearly impossible for you to find the truth after true Christians disappear.

So, slap yourself, take a deep breath, whatever you need to do to get a little more oxygen to your brain, and devote yourself to THINKING.
(next post)

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#20870 Mar 2, 2013
Godless ministers in the end times
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...
Christian

Marysville, CA

#20871 Mar 2, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
TO BE MORE SPECIFIC Regarding my post below:
* Dana is a GIRL
* Her FATHER is a MORMON Bishop
* She lives in MODESTO CA
* She is married to a GIRL (Helena)
* She holds a grudge against the CHURCH because her Father (the Bishop) did not choose her over the Church.
//
The ABOVE Clarifies this post:
DANA,
You ARE STILL a VILE PREDITOR MOLESTOR!!!!!
You ADULTRATE Christ gospel, and all relevant truths.
Your arguments have NOTHING to do with SERIOUS DISCUSSION... rather, a DEEP SEEDED LUST of CONTEMPT for the Lord & your Father (the Bishop).
NOTHING YOU SAY CHANGES THE FACT THAT GOD WILL WIN IN THE END!
//
I did not say the Bishop was our Father.
<quoted text>
Listen you senile old twit, I'll say it again, I'm a man, and my Father is dead. He is the Bishop of nothing. But that isn't anything new, like all Mormons Bishops, they are all the Bishop's of nothing.
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#20872 Mar 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
More likely your momma was LDS and made to attend it.
If you must know I was a Catholic until my teens and only heard anti-Mormon lies until my mom joined the church then I learned the truth. The towns I lived in before 2006 didn't even have 1 Mormon church

Marysville, CA

#20873 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
The church has changed the doctorate enough to loose Gods favor(priesthood)and we do NOT believe black skin a curse(unless the year is pre-2??(before the curse was removed and if in the Americas
Dark skin is not a curse, never was, never will be. It doesn't matter if it is the Native American of the BoM or the African American of today.
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#20874 Mar 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dark skin is not a curse, never was, never will be. It doesn't matter if it is the Native American of the BoM or the African American of today.
Darkness was USED(AT THE TIME) to tell the difference between the true Christians and the "anti-Christians there is no currently living cursed people who knows maybe they were dark green point is the curse was removed over 1000 years ago

Marysville, CA

#20875 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Darkness was USED(AT THE TIME) to tell the difference between the true Christians and the "anti-Christians there is no currently living cursed people who knows maybe they were dark green point is the curse was removed over 1000 years ago
Prove it.

Marysville, CA

#20876 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
If you must know I was a Catholic until my teens and only heard anti-Mormon lies until my mom joined the church then I learned the truth. The towns I lived in before 2006 didn't even have 1 Mormon church
Proving I was right, you joined because your momma made you go.
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#20877 Mar 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving I was right, you joined because your momma made you go.
Actually she never "forced"me she had me pray about it and gave me books about Mormonism and I watched the P.B.S special on Mormonism

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20878 Mar 2, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I am a bit crazy at times, but I am also Christian.
I am not always crazy, but when I am... I'm crazy about Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#20879 Mar 2, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
There are a lot of aspects of Mormonism that clearly demonstrate this church is not even close to being Christian.
There are a lot of aspects of Mormonism or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that clearly demonstrate this church is not even close to being unChristian.

Take for example:
1. The name "Jesus Christ" in the name "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
2. 476 references to Jesus Christ by name in the Book of Mormon
3. In a declaration of beliefs written by the prophet Joseph Smith called the "Articles of Faith" it is written "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost."
4. "We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel." (Article of faith 3)
5. We believe that the Bible is the word of God.

Location hidden

#20880 Mar 2, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was not a racist nor was he a sexist:
Galatians 3:28 (New International Version):
"28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
Your church and it's racist teachings prevent you from accepting this truth.
Galatians 3:

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all bone in Christ Jesus.

We accept this truth:
As many who have been baptized have put on Christ and become part of His adoptive family. Within this family there is no distinction between members. That is why we refer to each other as "Brother" or "Sister." People are not denied baptisms on the grounds of race or sex.
fraoch

UK

#20881 Mar 2, 2013
Mormon is Good,True and The only "RIGHT PATH" Alba Gu Brath xxx

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#20882 Mar 2, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 3:
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all bone in Christ Jesus.
We accept this truth:
As many who have been baptized have put on Christ and become part of His adoptive family. Within this family there is no distinction between members. That is why we refer to each other as "Brother" or "Sister." People are not denied baptisms on the grounds of race or sex.
The most critical point to consider in rejecting your church's claim of being Christian is your concept of god. The god of the Later Day Saints is not the GOD of Israel at the heart of the teachings of the historical Jesus.

The GOD that Jesus grew up with as a Jew was omnipresent:

http://www.jewfaq.org/g-d.htm

(this site will give you an excellent overview of the GOD that is at the heart of the teachings of Jesus.)

But your church is not alone in rejecting the GOD of Israel. Most of the 32000 or so patriarchal hierarchical churches today have fallen for the Roman hoax of Christianity upon which they have built their foundations with the various limited god(s) of conditional love.

The Mithra based god-man Jesus of the Roman hoax is not at all like the Jewish Jesus who was simply a human messenger who demonstrated the Glory of the OMNIPRESENT GOD within whom we all have our being:

Acts 17:28 (New International Version,©2010)

"28 For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, "We are his offspring"

If you deny the OMNIPRESENT GOD in preference to a limited god this scripture doesn't make any sense. There are a lot of other scriptures that are the same way.

You can find all of this in the history books and of course here on the internet.

The hoax did not spring up all at once. It slowly evolved through the centuries. It's a fascinating study. Perhaps someday someone will make a block buster movie of it.

People do the best they can. But just remember, the problem with most religions today is they worship the messenger according to ancient Roman customs and ignore the message! True Christianity is about the message, not the messenger.

have a good evening.

Marysville, CA

#20883 Mar 2, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 3:
We accept this truth:
Another Mormon deception. An attempt to "Lie for the Lord". We both know that baptism is only the beginning for the members. To get the better rewards, the higher kingdoms, one must also hold the Priesthood(if you're male), have a temple recommend, and be married to receive the greatest glory. Africans Americans where denied that right for the first 150 yrs.
You need to own your churches teachings, and stop lying to even yourself.

Marysville, CA

#20884 Mar 2, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of aspects of Mormonism or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that clearly demonstrate this church is not even close to being unChristian.
Take for example:
1. The name "Jesus Christ" in the name "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
A proof of nothing. I can put the name of "Ford" on a Chevy, and it would still be a Chevy.
2. 476 references to Jesus Christ by name in the Book of Mormon
A reference proves nothing. Jesus is also referenced in the Quran, and even in the Satanic Bible.
3. In a declaration of beliefs written by the prophet Joseph Smith called the "Articles of Faith" it is written "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost."
And what it is not telling you is that Mormonism believes them to be 3 separate Gods, and not tghe One God of the Bible.
4. "We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel." (Article of faith 3)
Which is a straight out contradiction of believing that you are saved by "the Atonement of Christ".

Ephesians 2:8-9(NASB)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 11:6
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.
5. We believe that the Bible is the word of God.
When it suits you.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20885 Mar 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
Y.O.U.

A.R.E.

A

H.A.B.I.T.U.A.L.

L.I.A.R.

//

Liars have no credibility!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20886 Mar 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen you senile old twit, I'll say it again, I'm a man, and my Father is dead. He is the Bishop of nothing. But that isn't anything new, like all Mormons Bishops, they are all the Bishop's of nothing.
1. The facts are there... you are a W.O.M.A.N.

2. Dead to you or not... you said in your past posts that your dad was a Mormon Bishop.

3. The more you lie... the less credibility you have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 8 min Portiaa 19,258
Why Does Ebay Allow Sexually Explicit Adult Mat... (Jul '13) 16 hr EulaBelford 9
Why Are THere So Many Gay Mormons ??? Oct 21 Just Lisa 3
Review: AMSCO Windows (Jan '10) Oct 19 Disgrundled 65
Review: Holladay Family And Laser Dentistry Oct 17 bcgrooves 1
Review: Poorman's Heating & Air (Mar '14) Oct 16 R Byte 2
School Marketing Research Survey Oct 15 Time2workout 1
North Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match

North Salt Lake Jobs

North Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

North Salt Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Salt Lake