Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20144 Feb 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not only a shallow minded child, but you're an amazingly pathetic small minded child. Don't disappoint me and post some more childish gibberish :)
Egypt, this is what you get from him when he can't respond to your questions. Hissy fits. He'll be crying to his mother next.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20145 Feb 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Egypt, this is what you get from him when he can't respond to your questions. Hissy fits. He'll be crying to his mother next.
Thanks for the Encouragement.

No worries though like water of a duck.

My reason as I have stated many times since 2007 coming to these LDS threads is to post through the LDS to seekers who are wondering what they are all about.

Like you have posted they don't' tell would be converts what they really believe and like it is stated in their Missionary training literature they are not to tell them under the premise they are not ready for meat yet.

Deception is the name of the Game and that is why I am motivated to confront LDS as they will not be up front to would be seekers and tell them the whole thing.

Why Seekers would know they are out to lunch the first time they heard what LDS really believe like B.Y. teaching Adam God doctrine and Father God having physical sex with Mary. J.S. using magic glasses and hat to translate the BOM. LOL that one still makes me laugh.

Those ones they really try to hide or why some are Negros.
Care EnoughTo Google iT

Live Oak, CA

#20146 Feb 14, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>

Deception is the name of the Game
We can see that by your wholesale denial that Jesus Christ is a man;

that His father impregnated His mother; that His Father even IS His

Father.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#20147 Feb 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to claim the the first vision is a "scientific fact"? The Book of Mormon? You swallow those fantasies, hook, line, and sinker. We believe that a man had sex with his so-called wives. What is more likely to be true? The first vision, or that he screwed women he claimed the Lord wanted him to marry?
We are two peas from the same pod, we're not buying Smith's or your BS. "Run Forrest, run!"
lol...no, no, no. No twisting what I said. Respond to what I said or don't but don't twist it off to some other discussion. You want to start another discussion just do it.
I stated... "lol...that's funny coming from a guy that say's it's God's honest truth that rumours are as factual and true as God's own words are...lolol.
You and Egypt are two peas from the same pod. You both believe second hand information and rumours are just like scientifically proven facts...well you two just keeping on thinking the way you do...lol."
You two have claimed rumours and second hand and hearsay information as facts. You have been claiming this for months. I stated a fact that you have been doing and you get bent out of shape for what reason?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20148 Feb 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to claim the the first vision is a "scientific fact"? The Book of Mormon? You swallow those fantasies, hook, line, and sinker. We believe that a man had sex with his so-called wives. What is more likely to be true? The first vision, or that he screwed women he claimed the Lord wanted him to marry?
We are two peas from the same pod, we're not buying Smith's or your BS. "Run Forrest, run!"
Next. I have told you my opinion of this so I will say it once more.
Did Smith have sex with his wives? More than likely.
Can I prove he had sex with these wives? No.
Should I believe as you and others (and as I once also believed) that he had sexual relations with over thirty women in a three year period, for what may have been hundreds of instances? When other elders with only a few to several wives, were having a few to several kids by all their wives in the same time period and Smith had none by his, should I believe sexual relations were happening? When science has proved so far that not a single living descendant exists from any of these wives should I still claim as you sexual relations happened?
I think not. Wisdom dictates believe in evidence where evidence exists. Evidence exists that Smith and Emma had many, many children. That is uncontested evidence they were having sex. It also means they had sex a lot in their marriage. That's evidence to show sexual activity.
Unfortunately we have no children by any other wife of Smith. That leads doubt to sexual activity as people like you claim was taking place. And all the rumours and hearsay mean absolutely nothing. All the rumours and hearsay have proved absolutely nothing.
So did Smith have sex with his wives? It would be a normal thing if he did.
So do facts exist to prove Smith had sex with thirty plus wives in a three year period? No. Nothing exists to prove a single instance of sexual activity took place.
So I wait for facts to make their appearance. That's the wise thing to do :)

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#20149 Feb 14, 2013
Here is a site sharing some information about the nature of the Later Day Saints and their beliefs.

Familiarizing yourself with what they actually believe will dismiss any claims they might make about being Christian:

http://www.mormonthink.com/introductionweb.ht...

Of course it isn't just the Mormons.

Jesus warned of people like Paul and Joseph Smith that would claim to be followers of Jesus but would teach falsehoods.

Unfortunately here are not a lot of true Christians on the planet today.

Churches that appeal to the fleshly greed and lust in man are much more popular.

True Christianity is based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of the Hebrew Scriptures that Jesus taught is LOVE.

The many false religions that claim to be Christian reject the Jewish GOD and by doing so reject Jesus who was after all, Jewish.

We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20150 Feb 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
What is more likely to be true? The first vision, or that he screwed women he claimed the Lord wanted him to marry?
Which is more likely to be true? His opinion that he saw God and angels? Many of the notable and not notable ones through out the centuries have claimed to have seen God and or angels. Soldiers on the battle fields have claimed to seen angels in the midst of fighting. Joan of Arc is said to have had her vision from the Lord. Paul had his vision of the Lord. People having life after death experiences have claimed to have seen God and angels and dead relatives.
See, a single man that was pro-life, had many children by one wife, that is proof of sexual activity.
But that same guy, a pro-lifer, doing his own 'religious marriages' to over thirty females in a three year period and not a single child exists to prove sexual activity was taking place, that cast's doubt as to the claim he was having sex for possibly hundreds of times with over thirty women in a three year period. Just a single living descendant would cast belief he was having sexual relations with just one of those wives.
So he claims to have seen God and angels. And others claimed to have seen the same angels he saw on several accounts.
He didn't claim to be having sexual relations with any one but Emma.
People claim he didn't see God and angels. And it's usually those that have never seen God and or angels that disbelieve others claims to have seen God and or angels.
But people claim he was having sex with over thirty females in a three year period for what would have been hundreds of times and there are no kids to prove all that sexual activity took place. Yet they claim no evidence is needed to believe he had sex with over thirty women in a three year period even if there are no kids for proof.
The reasoning sounds a bit twisted to me :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20151 Feb 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, try joining the Mormon church without giving up smoking or drinking. And if it wasn't a commandment when Smith "revealed" it, it shouldn't be one now. Proof that Mormonism is man made crap labeled religion. No member of the LDS church should have to live a higher standard than Smith.
It wasn't a commandment. You were in that church for 30 years you claim and you didn't know the WoW didn't come by way of commandment? Once again you prove you know little of a religion you like to claim you know a lot about :)
"2 To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint,.."
The parts of the word of wisdom concerning alcohol(drugs), tobacco and caffeine have become a 'requirement' to abstain from when joining that church. And if you partake of them when a member, it's up to you to stop.
Father overtime

United States

#20152 Feb 14, 2013
Wrong on the caffeine brother. But everything else is true.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20153 Feb 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
He was jailed for destroying a printing press, not because of how he believed. He was going to be charged with adultery also, but was killed to soon. He was a martyr for perverted living. He was killed, but he was anything but a lamb. He was killed for his sicko thieving perverted ways. He thought himself above all laws of decency. The only shame is that a crowd didn't kill him in New York.
Once again proving you learned absolutely nothing in your 30 years as a Mormon about Mormons.
He was jailed for "riot". But he was essentially killed for his religious beliefs, not for having a printing press destroyed, fricking get real lol..

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20154 Feb 14, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
Wrong on the caffeine brother. But everything else is true.
well, partially correct :) For those interested in history read away and visit this link to learn more :)
http://en.fairmormon.org/Word_of_Wisdom/Histo...
The text of the Word of Wisdom forbids "strong drink" (D&C 89:5, 7), which was initially interpreted as distilled beverages (hard liquor). Beer, unfermented or lightly fermented wine, and cider were considered "mild drinks" (D&C 89:17) and therefore acceptable (note that verse 17 specifically permits "barley...for mild drinks"). The complete prohibition of alcoholic drinks of any kind only became part of the Word of Wisdom following the temperance movement of the late 19th and early 20th centuries; Presidents Joseph F. Smith and Heber J. Grant supported the movement and Grant made complete abstention from alcohol in any form a requirement for a temple recommend in the early 1920s.
The same sort of "ramping up" of requirements occurred with regard to tobacco, coffee and tea. While use of these items was often discouraged by Church leaders, enforcement was usually light and confined to people who were severe abusers. For example, Brigham Young made the following remarks in April 1870 General Conference:
On Sunday, after meeting, going through the gallery which had been occupied by those claiming, no doubt, to be gentlemen, and perhaps, brethren, you might have supposed that cattle had been standing around there and dropping their nuisances. Here and there were great quids of tobacco, and places a foot or two feet square smeared with tobacco juice. I wish the door-keepers, when, in the future, they observe any persons besmearing the seats and floor in this way to request them to leave the house; and, if they refuse and will not stop spitting about and besmearing their neighbors, just take them and lead them out carefully and kindly. It is an imposition for those claiming to be gentlemen to spit tobacco juice for ladies to draw their clothes through and besmear them, or to leave their dirt in the house. We request all addicted to this practice, to omit it while in this house. Elders of Israel, if you must chew tobacco, omit it while in meeting, and when you leave, you can take a double portion, if you wish to.
By 1905, the Council of the Twelve were actively preaching that no man should hold a leadership position if he would not obey the Word of Wisdom.[7] On 5 July 1906, the First Presidency and Council of the Twelve began using water instead of wine for their sacrament meetings.[8] By 1915, President Joseph F. Smith instructed that no one was to be ordained to the priesthood or given temple recommends without adherence.[9] Heber J. Grant became President of the Church in 1918, and he continued the policy of Word of Wisdom observance; after that time temple attendance or priesthood ordination required obedience to the principle. Thus, the Church membership had eighty-five years to adapt and prepare for the full implementation of this revelation.[10] By 1933, the General Handbook of Instructions listed the Word of Wisdom as a requirement for temple worship, exactly 100 years after the receipt of the revelation by Joseph Smith.[11]
This long period of patience on the part of the Lord was necessary for all—from the newest member to even the leaders. Joseph F. Smith observed:
The reason undoubtedly why the Word of Wisdom was given—as not by 'commandment or restraint' was that at that time, at least, if it had been given as a commandment it would have brought every man, addicted to the use of these noxious things, under condemnation; so the Lord was merciful and gave them a chance to overcome, before He brought them under the law.[12]
Thus, we should not expect perfect observance of the Word of Wisdom (especially in its modern application) from early members or leaders. The Lord and the Church did not expect it of them—though the principle was taught and emphasized.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20155 Feb 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
What was said was they practiced polygamy for 4,000.

Your 'ninja anti-key copy paste skills' then your responding to every post you disagree with... except the posts you can't come up with something to say about them.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20156 Feb 14, 2013
correction...

your 'ninja anti-key copy paste skills' are better than your response skills.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20157 Feb 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
How do you know what Egypt's agenda is?

Is he one of your atheist associates?

Are you posting under Egypt as a double?
Care Enough to Google iT

Live Oak, CA

#20158 Feb 14, 2013
Even the pro-Sodomite atheist's attempt to change the subject is a lie. There was looking forward to the day of a Savior as long as there were men of God who received revelations.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20159 Feb 14, 2013
Care EnoughTo Google iT wrote:
<quoted text>
We can see that by your wholesale denial that Jesus Christ is a man;
that His father impregnated His mother; that His Father even IS His
Father.
So, apparently you don't understand the term "virgin" do you? Another reason someone should get the Mormon church a dictionary.
Care Enough to Google iT

Live Oak, CA

#20160 Feb 14, 2013
So apparently Jews didn't practice polygamy for 4,000 years,

So apparently God the FATHER didn't impregnate the WOMAN, the MOTHER, Mary in a VIRGIN yet NATURAL, SEXUAL CONCEPTION culminating in the birth of the infant/boy/man, Jesus Christ.

In spite of the PREGNANT woman
having to have her husband
hide the PREGNANCY
lest people REALIZE SHE WAS PREGNANT: knowing how women CONCEIVE, they would

INSIST IT HAD to BE BECAUSE of SEXUAL ACTIVITY.

LIKE YOU

and be wrong.

LIKE YOU

and be unable to be told so.

LIKE YOU

So he simply concealed it from them
as they were TOO STUPID to be told.

LIKE YOU.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#20163 Feb 14, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
... really? really? lol
-You show your respect for standards and duty constantly it's not a surprise you stand up for dana... because you are pro-gay... and that's great... I'm happy for you. It's your choice.
-However, I wonder whom the Lord was referring to in:
Isaiah 29:13
13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men.
-YOU ARE EITHER DUTY AND STANDARD DRIVEN OR YOU'RE NOT...
not a soul can hide from their duty.
not a soul can hide from the Lord.
If you have questions about her gender... all you gotta do is a background check... you can even google maps her address and see her house.
You can do a background check on her wife... Helena.
-I guess knowing how to use the Internet as a resource serves multiple purposes... right.
-What this has to do with is exposing Dana's agenda... and why she slanders the Christ and his Church.
-WHY does she speak her lies?
-That is exactly why I posted what I did.
-I read through all the past posts... even created a reference database for myself :)
-Don't be surprised the Church encourages education.
You must have missed the Sunday when they taught Love one another a Jesus loves you.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20164 Feb 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
1) Mary was a virgin before and after God "impregnated"/ overshadowed her and she became pregnant.(MORE of your 'ninja anti-key' word TWISTING games 'trying' to produce opinion as evidence')

2) Adam and Eve were taught about 'commandments and all things' since the very beginning... thus, I am to come to understand the knowledge of the God, commandments, "the gospel",
- meaning "CHRISTIANITY" was here since then... the very beginning.

GET IT?

Your argument has no credibility.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20165 Feb 14, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
Genesis 4:1-16

1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

5 But unto Cain and to his offering HE HAD NOT RESPECT. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

9 And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother’s keeper?

10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother’s blood crieth unto me from the ground.

11 And now art thou acursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand;

12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

16 And Cain went out from the apresence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Nail Live Concert at Sandy, Utah (Salt La... Jul 25 davidlawson 2
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul 22 wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Jul 21 dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1
News Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb '15 Blow 4

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages