Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#20019 Feb 11, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The odds are no greater that a gay couple will molest a child than a straight couple. If you are anti-abortion, pro-life, you have to be willing to let the children who were not aborted have a chance at having a family.
Actually, it's double the odds since there are two men in the home.

I'm not against gay men adopting boys, but I still say it's crazy for two men to parent little girls for many reasons.

I don't make a big deal of gays adopting kids in general because our society is falling apart and good homes are better than institutions and foster care. Also, molestation is a huge problem, which the American people want to ignore, like telling their young people to join the military and self-destruct, etc.
ConcernedEnoughT oGOOGLEiT

Live Oak, CA

#20020 Feb 11, 2013
I knew a lot of anti Mormons weren't well educated

in Abrahamic literary tradition,

it's hard to fathom

people study several thousand years of patriarchal, Mosaic and Christian law,

then come onto public forums and feign disavowal of polygamy.

Several thousand years, not ending till 1,000, of Jewish polygamy alone.

Instead, they lie: and claim NOTHING of the sort ever happened, and insist ANYTHING studied,

except what comes from their disjointed,

handed down book of fragments,

is legitimate Abrahamic/Judaic doctrinal study.

Seeing it for myself it's more like pathological lying.

Location hidden

#20021 Feb 11, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what most people want is for the LDS church to take responsibility for what happened. Mormons still make excuses today blaming everything and everybody but the church. The LDS church is responsible for what happen because of what the leaders were preaching at the time. If you don't know much about the Mormon reformation of the 1850's, you should look into it.
The Catholic church has offered apologies for the Spanish inquisition, and the Southern Baptist church has offered apologies for their racists teachings in the beginning, supporting slavery. But the Mormon church won't take responsibility for anything.
They can't -- if they started exposing lies, the entire satanic religion would crumble. Once the idiot masses start questioning what they're told, they'd figure it out.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have left the Catholic Church for the same reason. They keep changing their god, which leads people to question that whole false religion.

Live Oak, CA

#20022 Feb 11, 2013
"...and insist * that not *

ANYTHING studied,"

above

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20023 Feb 11, 2013
Mrs Dane Roberts... did you ever get your records straightened out regarding which sex you are? Female!!!
and MARRIED to a Female!!!

IN numerous CREDIT checks where they store your DATA you are referred to this... it's a fact. Check it out!

The problem is daddy didn't condone your homosexuality practices because daddy is a Mormon Bishop in the Bay area.

Dana is a SHE... and She is married to a woman.

And is trashing the Church because her father stood to what he believes (the doctrines) and did not go wishy washy when his daughter came out of the closet.

I don't blame him.

Standards are Standards,

Duty is Duty.

Dana is here to "trash" the Church because she feels like she was "traded in for" standards.
The things she says about the Church are made out of hatred and spite... not based on factual evidence.

That is anti-key agenda.

wuzluz

Monessen, PA

#20024 Feb 11, 2013

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#20025 Feb 11, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Mrs Dane Roberts... did you ever get your records straightened out regarding which sex you are? Female!!!
and MARRIED to a Female!!!
IN numerous CREDIT checks where they store your DATA you are referred to this... it's a fact. Check it out!
The problem is daddy didn't condone your homosexuality practices because daddy is a Mormon Bishop in the Bay area.
Dana is a SHE... and She is married to a woman.
And is trashing the Church because her father stood to what he believes (the doctrines) and did not go wishy washy when his daughter came out of the closet.
I don't blame him.
Standards are Standards,
Duty is Duty.
Dana is here to "trash" the Church because she feels like she was "traded in for" standards.
The things she says about the Church are made out of hatred and spite... not based on factual evidence.
That is anti-key agenda.
Wow!! I am a little awed that you even posted this. I have no idea if Dana is a man or a woman. Though judging from post and our own personal communication I would def say male. Although, what I really would like to know is what his gender has to do with the topic.
Dana left the church and is against all of its teachings. What I can say is that Dana still accepts members as people. He doesn't judge each of us as Mormons, but as people.
I think you are sinking to a new low when you bring someones sexuality into the equation , just because they do not agree with our beliefs. Also, you kill everything many have us have done to show people that as a religion we are Christian. What you just posted is anything but Christ like.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20026 Feb 11, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah ...
... really? really? lol

-You show your respect for standards and duty constantly it's not a surprise you stand up for dana... because you are pro-gay... and that's great... I'm happy for you. It's your choice.

-However, I wonder whom the Lord was referring to in:

Isaiah 29:13

13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men.

-YOU ARE EITHER DUTY AND STANDARD DRIVEN OR YOU'RE NOT...
not a soul can hide from their duty.
not a soul can hide from the Lord.

If you have questions about her gender... all you gotta do is a background check... you can even google maps her address and see her house.

You can do a background check on her wife... Helena.

-I guess knowing how to use the Internet as a resource serves multiple purposes... right.

-What this has to do with is exposing Dana's agenda... and why she slanders the Christ and his Church.

-WHY does she speak her lies?

-That is exactly why I posted what I did.

-I read through all the past posts... even created a reference database for myself :)

-Don't be surprised the Church encourages education.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20027 Feb 11, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah ...
I have said this multiple times to you & I will say it again...

Live and let live...
that's choice...
that's freedom.

As long as it doesn't hurt someone else.

ANYONE WHOM IS Misrepresenting the LDS Church is hurts someone else. It hurts a lot of people... that's what offends me... and it is my DUTY and not mine alone to defend it and tell the truth.

---

The truth of the matter is... YOU do not offend me... I offend you.

You jumped in attack mode because in the first week I made the statement:

"I think some people join the Church for other people and don't have a true understanding of the teachings and history that the Church is based on."

---

I can tell you that the Church does not teach to cruisade against others who follow the Church standards...

I have lived and traveled throughout the U.S. and know some wonderful LDS members all over...
and then there are people who are offended by RULES. They are REBELLIOUS... OUTLAWS... JOINING but CRUSADING at the same time.

---

If you continue to live your life that way... I'm not gonna stop you. But I AM HERE TO WITNESS and TESTIFY the CHURCH standards are not being represented by you.

The Church teaches obedience and honor of Heavenly Father. You show no honor when you dismiss him when you say YOU ARE REPRESENTING THE CHURCH by establish your standards and being offended by others who choose to stand by them.

Live Oak, CA

#20028 Feb 11, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Wow!! I am a little awed that you even posted this. I have no idea if Dana is a man or a woman. Though judging from post and our own personal communication I would def say male. Although, what I really would like to know is what his gender has to do with the topic.
Dana left the church and is against all of its teachings. What I can say is that Dana still accepts members as people. He doesn't judge each of us as Mormons, but as people.
I think you are sinking to a new low when you bring someones sexuality into the equation , just because they do not agree with our beliefs. Also, you kill everything many have us have done to show people that as a religion we are Christian. What you just posted is anything but Christ like.
You sound like that wacked out woman who brings her kids to church dressed like rock and roll rednecks,

then later you find out the oldest boy got suspended from school for making inappropriate sexual advances toward other chidren.

...We told you about that "dressing them like professional clowns, and encouraging them to act like jerks."

Live Oak, CA

#20029 Feb 11, 2013
Someone sounds like they're looking forward to the day when they see their kid playing with his sister's doll out of boredom one day,

then presenting him with options to buy clothes from either the boys' or girls' section at the local ghetto Wal-Mart from then on.

You can hear her sobbing and crying about her alcoholic husband finally cleaning it up after the first adulterous affair, up on the podium "...I thought sure...SniFF.. litte Dana-poo was born transgenderDDDDD *sob*sob*sob*sob*...an' I have SO MUCH to BEAR, he got in trouble in the lunch room because he was taunting one of the girls about showing them his weenie, and *HOnnnNNK!*SNIF!* and...I thought... OhWeLLaTLeasT he isn't gay after ALL.."

She's the one who comes across the parking lot screaming and acting like the whole thing's such a big ordeal. It is a big ordeal: Sunday's their only exposure to Latter-Day Saint culture.

Live Oak, CA

#20030 Feb 11, 2013
If any of you folks go to other churches and are inquiring about the Latter-Day Saints,

we get our share of bizarre people showing up with car-loads of kids who don't mind, and their mom dressed like all her clothes shrunk in the dryer two sizes. Dad's some angry looking Skin Head..

"I'm big boned" or "It's so HARD to find anything that's MODEST anymore!" you'll hear her say,

or better yet just stand there daring you to

notice she's dressed like a stripper applying for

a job as a receptionist:

dress six inches too short, hooker heels, gold chains on her ankles, decked out like she'd rather BE stripping than at Church receiving instruction

on standards and how to teach them and get them installed.

She missed that part when the Lord told her any rebellion against the Lord can be tracked back to it's originator like Darwin's Dog sniffing out another liberal for a snack.

Going around dressing funny claiming there aren't any modest clothes to set examples for young women with, for sale on Amazon,

standing there in that crowd of modestly dressed women.

Sporting her tats and plumbing stuff stuck in her face...

settin' the example for Junior there, so he can grow up and lead a jailbreak..

pfft.

You've just gotta understand:

there are evil unrepentent low-rent bad-side-of-the-tracks Mormons who somehow just never get the message that you have to stop being trashy,

even if you never stop being trash -
if you're ever going to be anything BUT trash.

Live Oak, CA

#20031 Feb 11, 2013
Those are the ones we don't tell you are "famous Mormons," for obvious reasons.

The ones leading the police chase on t.v.

Live Oak, CA

#20032 Feb 11, 2013

Location hidden

#20033 Feb 11, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter the closest to Jesus in faith as the NT claims denied even knowing him when his life was threatened.
Peter was an attempted murder. He attacked a man not even hurting anyone. He was just detaining Jesus as a guard and what did Peter do? He pulled out a sword and aimed for his head to split it open like a chopped piece of wood. He missed of course and took off the man's ear.
The fact that Peter carried a sword insinuates the other apostles and disciples also did. That means there are 'probably' more unknown stories of physical assaults on others by the apostles.
Judas had a lust/love for the almighty coin. He loved it so much that his love/lust for it became greater than his appreciation for human life.
Judas even complained to Jesus himself of using collected items on himself instead of the poor.
It's a fact Jesus had a female following. They were there at his death and at his resurrection. You can bet there were plenty of rumours by the locals who didn't like Jesus.
Than we have Doubting Thomas and his name explains it all.
Than after being repeated told concerning his bodily resurrection, the apostles especially after his death wouldn't believe it. They even denied it happened. They were really irked that Jesus first appeared to a woman and not one of them! And they essentially called her a liar that she had seen and spoken to Jesus.
Worse, the apostles faith was so weak that they all wanted "PROOF" that Jesus had indeed risen.
And you speak of Smith being a criminal and unrepentant in comparison to the type of faithless losers Jesus choose for apostles? Why am I not surprised...lol :)
Your post shows no common sense but a lot of prejudice and hatred.
If Christians wanted to cover up anything, there would be no mistakes made by any disciple in the Bible at all. Instead, the truth is there, showing them as ordinary people, along with their mistakes and the lessons we should learn from their actions, both good and bad.
Before jumping on everything done by others, including the lies you told in your post by assuming things, take a look at yourself -- you need to work on yourself before trying convince others that you’re superior to anybody.

Location hidden

#20034 Feb 11, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
That leaves you to explain some things that need logical answers as you think it's logical that there was just one God with three personages/personalities.
Jesus said there was only one God the Father. Jesus said there was one greater than himself. How can Jesus be greater than himself if he is God the Father? Hmm? God is God according to you and a single being. There fore it would be a lie for God to claim another part of himself was more powerful than the sum of his self as being a single being.
Than we have what we call purposeful deceit. While being baptised in the river Jordan by John and upon his coming up out of the water, according to your one God belief, God wanted those there to witness his baptism, including his cousin, to believe that God was a voice from heaven, a bird descending and Jesus stating a loud and for some joking purpose, this is me in whom I am well pleased.
Me thinks your one God belief has a lot of problems.
You're like a simple little ant whos so egotistical that he rejects the idea of people because he can't see them coming at him in time to hide.

Location hidden

#20035 Feb 11, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you believe?
Christianity is based on proof, including the ongoing fulfillment of prophecies.
All fake religions are based on the lies told by one person, and those who claim to be Christian (Catholic Church) change the truth just enough to deceive people.
The truth is simple, whereas the leaders of fake religions have to continually add things to explain the lies every time they get caught.
I basically believe in old time religion -- that Jesus is the only Savior of the world and that we ARE saved, whereas cults (Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, etc.) teach people that they have to save themselves through good works, and they can only say they will be saved some day, or that they hope to work toward that.
(next post)

Location hidden

#20036 Feb 11, 2013
Godless ministers in the end times
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...
Christian

Location hidden

#20037 Feb 11, 2013
The Watcher wrote:
Since Joseph Smith set himself above Jesus and the prophets, doesn't this mean the Later Day Saints are Smithists, not Christians?
" Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam.
A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet."
from History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 408-409
I would think that a man who boasts that he is greater than all those who have came before him should have his cult named after himself, not someone for whom he has nothing but contempt!
To call this group Christian is like calling Nazi Germany a democracy!
You're right, but few people would've followed that religion, plus their main goal is to deceive Christians.

Location hidden

#20038 Feb 11, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You turn to YOUTUBE for valid answers... to sway others about what a cult is... lol. WOW!
That's a pathetically stupid remark.
Exactly who is the YOUTUBE executive I quoted? Duh!
That's as dumb as saying we can't use anything on TV either.
You're not smart -- you're so blind to the truth that it affects your ability to think clearly.

In case anybody else is confused - IT WAS THE PEOPLE that this poster was disturbed by, who gave answers and proof that Mormonism isn't Godly -- but he has no clue how to fight the truth so he attacked the electronics?!?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote for Hillary 7 hr Go Blue Forever 7
Salt Lake City Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... Sep 25 Hunter 2
News FBI Offering $50K Reward For Lyle Jeffs' Capture Sep 24 Julie 4
News Looking back at the 1983 flood that sent a rive... Sep 24 Lydia 2
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Sep 24 Roy R 18
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Sep 24 Dahalu 80
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Sep 24 Dahalu 800

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance