Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
18,821 - 18,840 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Jul 25, 2014
jjepsen

BrasŪlia, Brazil

#19746 Jan 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Following Joseph Smith won't save you either, o matter how many signs you carry.
Correct! To be a Christian one must follow the doctines of Christianity. Christianity follows the doctrine that 1. Jesus Christ IS God (see John 1:1 & 1:14) he was not created by God. 2. God always existed, he was not a imperfect man exhalted to perfection. 3.There is only 1 God, there never was a God before nor will there be one after (see Isaiah & Revelations) These and many other Christian doctrines are in direct conflict with Mormon doctine and teachings, therefore, Mormons cannot say they are "Christians"when they clearly do not follow doctrine of Christianity. This is not a anit-mormon statement but a statement of fact.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#19748 Jan 10, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I am afraid of is your ability to persuade others with your false interpretations and opinions. You sure talk big behind your computer, and on a sidewalk with police watching. But what do you do when your speech isn't protected oh deceived sign holder?
In the good ole U.S. of A. my speech is always protected. Threats of violence wouldn't shut me up, however. Submitting to oppression or fear is how we lose our freedoms.

If you really are determined to commit violence on my person, a simple google search will tell you where I live. But understand, I'm a proud member of the NRA.

Marysville, CA

#19749 Jan 10, 2013
jjepsen wrote:
<quoted text> Correct! To be a Christian one must follow the doctines of Christianity. Christianity follows the doctrine that 1. Jesus Christ IS God (see John 1:1 & 1:14) he was not created by God. 2. God always existed, he was not a imperfect man exhalted to perfection. 3.There is only 1 God, there never was a God before nor will there be one after (see Isaiah & Revelations) These and many other Christian doctrines are in direct conflict with Mormon doctrine and teachings, therefore, Mormons cannot say they are "Christians"when they clearly do not follow doctrine of Christianity. This is not a anti-mormon statement but a statement of fact.
Amen. They deny the grace of Jesus Christ, and want to earn there reward by their own righteousness, denying the righteousness of Jesus Christ. I was blind to that for 33yrs because I so wanted the LDS church to fit. But it never will.
pearl

Syracuse, UT

#19750 Jan 11, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I clearly have shown him something he can no longer deny, and it is scaring him. That is a post of a man who has had his faith shaken.
Where have you been, Pearl? I missed you.
Well thank you, that's nice. I thought I would check in to see if any of Carys so called livestock have starved or froze to death while he wonders around the wilderness for a week. I was kinda concerned about that, since I've been reading prior posts. I know he likes to think he's taming the chaos of the west. Anyway, I doubt this post makes any sense to you, but that is where my head is at. But, Happy New Year.

Marysville, CA

#19751 Jan 11, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Well thank you, that's nice. I thought I would check in to see if any of Carys so called livestock have starved or froze to death while he wonders around the wilderness for a week. I was kinda concerned about that, since I've been reading prior posts. I know he likes to think he's taming the chaos of the west. Anyway, I doubt this post makes any sense to you, but that is where my head is at. But, Happy New Year.
If he does has flock, or herd, I do hope he is smart enough to have someone keep an eye on them while he plays Daniel Boone.

Marysville, CA

#19762 Jan 17, 2013
I think a bear must have eaten Cary. He's bear poop now.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19763 Jan 17, 2013
Lol I leave for a bit and the conversation has switched to....... Bear poop ??

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#19764 Jan 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cary problem is that he's an idiot. The show was brilliant in how the explained and destroyed the Joseph Smith story. I used it to give my child her first lesson in Mormonism. It worked, every time I say "LDS church" she says "dumb dumb dumb dumb.. dumb dumb.
Itís good to teach kids early so it stays with them for life, and helps them reject all the lies they hear.

Location hidden

#19765 Jan 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I understand, the only babies that are be adopted to gay men are the Aids infected ones. The last baby anybody wants. If true, I don't have a problem with that. Child molestation is a problem with all groups, not just homosexuals. More and more women are being caught molesting boys also. Look at the raise of female teachers being caught having sex with their students.
I donít know, but I heard differently. One thing - they might be able to adopt healthy kids is fear of lawsuits for discrimination.
Either way, itís a tough one. In a better world, kids wouldnít have aids, but we have to do the best with the situations we canít prevent.

Location hidden

#19766 Jan 19, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> Or you could just ask a Mormon. Though I'm sure that would just give you the truth, which you obviously are not looking for.
Since you're not acquainted with either common sense or logic, NO, you go to someone's critics to get the information you need to make an intelligent decision, along with witnesses.
It's DUMB to go to those who are brainwashed for the truth. They're living in a world of lies, just as Catholics, lots of Protestants, atheists, etc.
The truth is not what most people want to hear.

Location hidden

#19767 Jan 19, 2013
Criticism of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
(next post)

Location hidden

#19768 Jan 19, 2013

“I will not keep calm”

#19770 Jan 19, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you're not acquainted with either common sense or logic, NO, you go to someone's critics to get the information you need to make an intelligent decision, along with witnesses.
It's DUMB to go to those who are brainwashed for the truth. They're living in a world of lies, just as Catholics, lots of Protestants, atheists, etc.
The truth is not what most people want to hear.
LOL!!! I am not acquainted with common sense or logic, yet you are the one posting south park websites as a place to gain truth?? I have actually seen that episode of south park and found it quite funny. I have a sense humor. However, looking to south park for gospel truth is ludicrous. If you want the truth about something, ask people who practice it. Hell, ask people who have left it. Even many of them will give you truth. but asking a person who has never practiced the faith is ridiculous. Get your head out of the sand.
Btw way, DUMB is a person who can not speak or hear. I think you were looking for a different term :)
MUSA

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#19771 Jan 19, 2013

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#19772 Jan 19, 2013
jjepsen wrote...
Correct! To be a Christian one must follow the doctines of Christianity. Christianity follows the doctrine that 1. Jesus Christ IS God (see John 1:1 & 1:14) he was not created by God.
Question: If God is Jesus and Jesus is God how is it Jesus calls himself God the Father? How is it God calls himself his own son? In the garden prior to his death, why did Jesus pray to himself and ask himself to let this cup pass before himself? Why did God feel the need to give himself three personalities? What was the purpose of doing that? Why didn't God just be God? He has the power to be a single being. Why not be just a single being called God? He could have did everything as a single being then manifesting himself as three personalities.
2. God always existed, he was not a imperfect man exhalted to perfection.
Question: You do know that the LDS don't teach God the Father was an imperfect man? That is your incorrect interpretation of what they teach. Jesus has never been an imperfect spirit/man. Neither has God the Father been an imperfect spirit/man. You should read that doctrine a bit better. LDS doctrine/teachings claim Jesus and God the Father experienced life as we have, but they did it with perfection, not imperfection.
3.There is only 1 God, there never was a God before nor will there be one after (see Isaiah & Revelations)
Question: You know that's a matter of opinion/interpretation? You realize before the word "Christian" came along, the Israelites believed in a single God that didn't have two extra personalities? You realize that the God that gave the Israelites their information concerning himself, a single God without three personalities, Christians claim the Israelites were wrong. Christians claim God had two extra personalities. The Israelites/Jews support no such belief.
These and many other Christian doctrines are in direct conflict with Mormon doctine and teachings, therefore, Mormons cannot say they are "Christians"when they clearly do not follow doctrine of Christianity. This is not a anit-mormon statement but a statement of fact.
Question: You realize that modern Christian interpretation of God is in total contradiction to the Israelite interpretation of God? You realize that the Israelites knew God and received the word of God for about 4000 Bible years and, Jews converted to the gospel of Jesus taking the name Christians, they got to know him for less then an average life time? So who's information of what God is would be more reliable? 4000 years worth of information or less then 40 years worth of information?

Location hidden

#19779 Jan 22, 2013
LDS Mormon cult part 1
This is a good explanation.
(next post)

Location hidden

#19780 Jan 22, 2013

“I will not keep calm”

#19782 Jan 22, 2013
jjepsen wrote:
<quoted text> Correct! To be a Christian one must follow the doctines of Christianity. Christianity follows the doctrine that 1. Jesus Christ IS God (see John 1:1 & 1:14) he was not created by God. 2. God always existed, he was not a imperfect man exhalted to perfection. 3.There is only 1 God, there never was a God before nor will there be one after (see Isaiah & Revelations) These and many other Christian doctrines are in direct conflict with Mormon doctine and teachings, therefore, Mormons cannot say they are "Christians"when they clearly do not follow doctrine of Christianity. This is not a anit-mormon statement but a statement of fact.
If God and Jesus are the same then why are there so many instances in the bible of Jesus the son, talking with God his father. They are 2 seperate beings of the same Godhead. Jesus cried to his father to remove this cup if it were his will. God sacrificed his only begotten (Jesus) for mine and your sins. Which is consistent with christianity.My father passed away 2 weeks ago, and he was not a fan of organized religion.He considered his relationship with Christ private. He loved others, was charitable, kind. He never sought recognition for his good deeds. He did out of love. Mormon or not, he is now in heaven. Tell me again how just because I'm Mormon im not christian. I believe in Christ, repentance, forgiveness and doing good by my fellow man.

Location hidden

#19783 Jan 22, 2013
That last link I posted exposes some of the Bible verses changed by Joseph Smith and proves he didnít know the Bible very well. Itís just 10 mins. long.

Location hidden

#19784 Jan 22, 2013
The Lost Book of Abraham
@ 6 mins - instead of being inspired by God, like the books of the Bible were, Joseph Smith got the lost scrolls from a traveling thief and con man. They were very expensive, instead of being given freely to the world, as the books of the Bible were.

@ 24-30, 35-39, 43-44 mins.- itís pointed out that people are supposed to believe that a book written by Abraham was entirely lost by the Israelites and preserved by unbelieving Egyptians, embalmed in a priestís catacomb (a Godless man).

Also, proof that 3 illustrations copied by Joseph Smith were copied from the ĎBook of the Deadí and were copied from illustrations of an Egyptian god, a god of the underworld, and one that Smith claimed was Abraham lecturing on astronomy(?) Really?

@45-55 - different conclusions from Mormons.
(next post)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 5 min tongangodz 11,756
Fugitive Donald Eugene Webb (D.E.W.) 4 hr Wimpy 1
Can anyone ease my mind? 5 hr joyjoybr 1
Mitt Romney takes ALS Ice Bucket challenge, soa... 6 hr called 32
Gay rights activists face charges over sit-in a... 10 hr Belle Sexton 3
Utahns paying 10th highest gas price in the cou... Thu qwerty 4
University of Utah Biologist Wins Turkey's Top ... Wed SpaceBlues 1
•••
•••
•••