Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
18,381 - 18,400 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 25

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be called a child, and yes, that is what Mormonism does to them. The brainwashed parents make sure of that.
<quoted text>
You raised yourself? Amazing.
<quoted text>
People aren't born "jaded, angry, or bitter." They are products of the influences forced upon them. That is elementary. You really need to learn more about cause and effect. No one is raised in a vacuum.
<quoted text>
And some use it as motivation to do good in their life. Like I do when I help others see the truth concerning the evil of Mormonism. Many appreciate my efforts. Have told me so after they have escape. And I do use escape because Mormonism is a prison of the mind and soul. The fact you fear non LDS sources demonstrates yours.
<quoted text>
Yes, some who have been raised in Mormonism do need mental help and support after discovering the truth and leaving. It is one of the things that make your church evil.
<quoted text>
Sure it is. That because the Gospel of Jesus Christ as taught by the LDS church has nothing to do with the rel Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is plain as blak and white when reading the KVJ of the Bible, the one you claim is divine, yet refuse to believe. Just like you believe in Mormonism, but refuse to follow it. Sounds like you need mental help.
<quoted text>
The great lie of Mormonism. It is the road straight to hell.
<quoted text>
Yes, you have demonstrated many times your inability to see truth and except responsibility. You can't except even the responsibility to follow the faith you claim is so true. It's so true you can't follow it. LOL!!! Hell, I'm convinced.
So you must also agree with the modern leftist view that murderers, rapists, and career criminals are not responsible for their actions, as they are simply the creation of their environment and have no say in the matter. Thus, rather than be punished for their actions, they are to be coddled and treated as victims themselves.

There are many reasons people may need mental help, but the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not one of them.

Now I can see people who turn their backs on Christ, as you have, requiring mental help, due to the internal conflicts created by rejecting the gospel and leaving the one true church. Such a shock to the spirit could be most devastating. Secular mental counseling could help alleviate the anguish and help one get through their earthly life, but it does nothing for the spirit as it continues on.

I find your assertion that I won't accept truth or responsibility laughable, particularly coming from you. The leaders of your church teach that homosexuals deserve death, in body and spirit, not to mention deny homosexuals membership, and yet you still silently "soldier on" for them, supporting their doctrine with your actions and tithes, while paying lip service to supporting gay rights on public forums merely because it allows you to join in the mob of anti-Mormon sentiment. What's even MORE astounding is how some folks who claim to be advocates for the LGBT community ignore your obvious duplicity, apparently because you have a common enemy.

If that isn't hypocrisy on both your parts, nothing is.

Mob mentality does make for...errrr...strange bedfellows. You folks do the Missouri and Illinois mobs of the 1840's proud! Only one would have thought we'd have moved beyond that in this supposedly more "enlightened" time. I guess it just goes to show that the spirit of darkness works the same way, no matter what century we are in.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must also agree with the modern leftist view that murderers, rapists, and career criminals are not responsible for their actions, as they are simply the creation of their environment and have no say in the matter. Thus, rather than be punished for their actions, they are to be coddled and treated as victims themselves.
Bad comparison. For 1, it isn't a crime to hate evil. That is a good thing. Especially evil trying to pretend it is righteousness. You can't go to jail for leaving the Mormon church, unless your anger towards it leads you to commit some act of violence towards it. My actions are non-violent. I only disagree with the teachings of the church. In my disagreement I have been successful in helping others see the light of truth also concerning the LDS church and they leave. It is a time of joy, of thanksgiving. Because unlike the activities you mention, instead of people going to prison, they are escaping prison. That is a good thing, a Godly thing. I fight principalities, not people. That is what we are commanded to do.
There are many reasons people may need mental help, but the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not one of them.
Just another throw away statement with no facts. A cheap comment with no bases in reality. You will start to receive some credibility when you start giving something like facts.
Now I can see people who turn their backs on Christ, as you have, requiring mental help, due to the internal conflicts created by rejecting the gospel and leaving the one true church.
If joy is an internal conflict, then I have internal conflicts, and praise the Lord! Leaving Mormonism was in the top 3 events in my life that has brought me great joy and happiness. It has cost me because of family who can't come to terms with my rejecting it. But it is them who have mental issues, not me. And the reason I left the LDS church is to turn to the Lord for the first real time in my life. It is reflected, unlike you, in my actions. I serve God everyday helping with those less fortunate then me. I actually live my faith, while you, who is always singing about the joys of Mormonism is in reality just running your mouth, playing lip service. Being a Christian is a noun to me, an action word. My life reflects it.
Such a shock to the spirit could be most devastating. Secular mental counseling could help alleviate the anguish and help one get through their earthly life, but it does nothing for the spirit as it continues on.
Well, by all means, get some. Knock yourself out.
I find your assertion that I won't accept truth or responsibility laughable, particularly coming from you.
Why? You can't even come to terms with the truth of your condition as a member of the LDS church. It's pathetic, you're nothing in Mormonism. You can't see the forest because of the trees.
The leaders of your church teach that homosexuals deserve death, in body and spirit, not to mention deny homosexuals membership, and yet you still silently "soldier on" for them, supporting their doctrine with your actions and tithes, while paying lip service to supporting gay rights on public forums merely because it allows you to join in the mob of anti-Mormon sentiment. What's even MORE astounding is how some folks who claim to be advocates for the LGBT community ignore your obvious duplicity, apparently because you have a common enemy.
If that isn't hypocrisy on both your parts, nothing is.
EVen though we are in disagreement over the homosexual issue, at least the Army and me are both getting something of value, unlike you. You hand over your title to the LDS church and you get nada in return. You shouldn't even be taking the sacrament, and if you do, you are lying to yourself and your faith.

To be continued...

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Mob mentality does make for...errrr...strange bedfellows. You folks do the Missouri and Illinois mobs of the 1840's proud! Only one would have thought we'd have moved beyond that in this supposedly more "enlightened" time. I guess it just goes to show that the spirit of darkness works the same way, no matter what century we are in.
What mob? What do I want to burn down? Where have you seen me advocate violence even against church property? I don't. I believe in freedom of religion, even a false one like yours. I also believe in the freedom to try to change the hearts and minds of the people of that church. You just are pissing your pants because people won't shut up and stop telling the truth about the evil nature of your faith. You want a system where the LDS church can spread it's lies without challenge. That isn't going to happen. Get over it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad comparison. For 1, it isn't a crime to hate evil. That is a good thing. Especially evil trying to pretend it is righteousness. You can't go to jail for leaving the Mormon church, unless your anger towards it leads you to commit some act of violence towards it. My actions are non-violent. I only disagree with the teachings of the church. In my disagreement I have been successful in helping others see the light of truth also concerning the LDS church and they leave. It is a time of joy, of thanksgiving. Because unlike the activities you mention, instead of people going to prison, they are escaping prison. That is a good thing, a Godly thing. I fight principalities, not people. That is what we are commanded to do.
<quoted text>
Just another throw away statement with no facts. A cheap comment with no bases in reality. You will start to receive some credibility when you start giving something like facts.
<quoted text>
If joy is an internal conflict, then I have internal conflicts, and praise the Lord! Leaving Mormonism was in the top 3 events in my life that has brought me great joy and happiness. It has cost me because of family who can't come to terms with my rejecting it. But it is them who have mental issues, not me. And the reason I left the LDS church is to turn to the Lord for the first real time in my life. It is reflected, unlike you, in my actions. I serve God everyday helping with those less fortunate then me. I actually live my faith, while you, who is always singing about the joys of Mormonism is in reality just running your mouth, playing lip service. Being a Christian is a noun to me, an action word. My life reflects it.
Why? You can't even come to terms with the truth of your condition as a member of the LDS church. It's pathetic, you're nothing in Mormonism. You can't see the forest because of the trees.
<quoted text>
EVen though we are in disagreement over the homosexual issue, at least the Army and me are both getting something of value, unlike you. You hand over your title to the LDS church and you get nada in return. You shouldn't even be taking the sacrament, and if you do, you are lying to yourself and your faith.
No, it's actually a very good comparison, because you base your case on the idea that people don't have free will to choose.

They do, and that's that.

Of course you have internal conflicts. You post them here repeatedly. You give your church, the Salvation Army, a pass because you believe that they are saved by their good works, despite the fact that they call for death to homosexuals.

On the other hand, the LDS Church has ALWAYS called for compassion to fellow human beings, while remaining steadfast that homosexuality is without a doubt a biblical sin. There is no conflict in me on that point, or any other, for I am in complete agreement with my church.

Your arrogance betrays you.

You have no idea how I conduct my private life, yet you speak as if you do. Your assessment is absolute poppycock, because you don't know what I do or who I help. I don't feel the need to crow about it as you do.

But I can fully understand YOUR need to crow, as you have to validate yourself regarding your own hypocrisy concerning the work you do for a church you don't believe in.

Your statement that I get "nothing out of Mormonism" is utter crap as well. What I "get out of Mormonism" is my business and my business only, and none of yours. Rest assured that I have the joy of knowing my faith to be correct, and your judgment of me is wholly immaterial. You have every right to think "I'm nothing in Mormonism", and thank you for caring, but there is no need. I'm happy and fulfilled, and that is what matters.

Ditto to whether I take the sacrament or not. That is between me and my church, not between me and you. You are no ecclesiastic authority, and you have rejected the word of the Lord, so you are nothing to me in that regard.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's actually a very good comparison, because you base your case on the idea that people don't have free will to choose.
They do, and that's that.
And you want to deny the power of indoctrination. It is hard for people to break out of the teachings of their childhood. It can be done, I'm proof of that, but it is never easy. I never said we didn't have free will, I said speaking against Mormonism isn't a crime. Leaving Mormonism brings you joy.What you listed are crimes, which will make you very unhappy when caught.
Of course you have internal conflicts. You post them here repeatedly.
Not about how right it was for me to have left Mormonism. No conflict whatsoever except from family members who couldn't deal with it.
You give your church, the Salvation Army, a pass because you believe that they are saved by their good works, despite the fact that they call for death to homosexuals.
A church isn't "saved". People are. The Salvation army does good works among the homeless and poor. Working with them allows me to do the same. Apparently that seems to be a problem with you, not me. And one Captain's opinion isn't church policy. If idiots made a church untrue, then Mormonism certainly fails that many times over.
On the other hand, the LDS Church has ALWAYS called for compassion to fellow human beings, while remaining steadfast that homosexuality is without a doubt a biblical sin. There is no conflict in me on that point, or any other, for I am in complete agreement with my church.
You are in complete denial about yours. Show us statements by Smith asking for compassion for homosexuals. Your words were "always", wasn't it? Brigham Young called for death on the spot for people who had interracial marriages. That's a strange type of compassion, if you ask me. I can't see it.
Your arrogance betrays you.
Your stupidity, betrays you.
You have no idea how I conduct my private life, yet you speak as if you do. Your assessment is absolute poppycock, because you don't know what I do or who I help. I don't feel the need to crow about it as you do.
I know what you have admitted to. It was enough. You smoke, drink booze, and coffee. That makes you eligible by church standards to hold any office or practice any priesthood callings. You certainly wouldn't be allowed to have a temple recommend. You're nothing in the Mormon church, just a seat warmer who shouldn't be even taking the sacrament. That is your church's beliefs and teachings.
But I can fully understand YOUR need to crow, as you have to validate yourself regarding your own hypocrisy concerning the work you do for a church you don't believe in.
I do it for Jesus Christ, not any church. You seem to be unable to grasp that concept. No wonder you are so lost.
Your statement that I get "nothing out of Mormonism" is utter crap as well. What I "get out of Mormonism" is my business and my business only, and none of yours.
That is only an excuse for not being able to say what the church can do for you, because it is doing nothing for you. They won't even let you have the jobs they let 12 boys do. That has to be a slap in face. Having some 12 year old having more priesthood authority than you would be an embarrassment to anyone except another 12 year old.
Rest assured that I have the joy of knowing my faith to be correct, and your judgment of me is wholly immaterial. You have every right to think "I'm nothing in Mormonism", and thank you for caring, but there is no need. I'm happy and fulfilled, and that is what matters.
You don't sound happy to me. In fact, you sound just the opposite. You sound "jaded, angry, and bitter"!
My, oh my!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you want to deny the power of indoctrination. It is hard for people to break out of the teachings of their childhood. It can be done, I'm proof of that, but it is never easy. I never said we didn't have free will, I said speaking against Mormonism isn't a crime. Leaving Mormonism brings you joy.What you listed are crimes, which will make you very unhappy when caught.
<quoted text>
Not about how right it was for me to have left Mormonism. No conflict whatsoever except from family members who couldn't deal with it.
<quoted text>
A church isn't "saved". People are. The Salvation army does good works among the homeless and poor. Working with them allows me to do the same. Apparently that seems to be a problem with you, not me. And one Captain's opinion isn't church policy. If idiots made a church untrue, then Mormonism certainly fails that many times over.
<quoted text>
You are in complete denial about yours. Show us statements by Smith asking for compassion for homosexuals. Your words were "always", wasn't it? Brigham Young called for death on the spot for people who had interracial marriages. That's a strange type of compassion, if you ask me. I can't see it.
<quoted text>
Your stupidity, betrays you.
<quoted text>
I know what you have admitted to. It was enough. You smoke, drink booze, and coffee. That makes you eligible by church standards to hold any office or practice any priesthood callings. You certainly wouldn't be allowed to have a temple recommend. You're nothing in the Mormon church, just a seat warmer who shouldn't be even taking the sacrament. That is your church's beliefs and teachings.
<quoted text>
I do it for Jesus Christ, not any church. You seem to be unable to grasp that concept. No wonder you are so lost.
<quoted text>
That is only an excuse for not being able to say what the church can do for you, because it is doing nothing for you. They won't even let you have the jobs they let 12 boys do. That has to be a slap in face. Having some 12 year old having more priesthood authority than you would be an embarrassment to anyone except another 12 year old.
<quoted text>
You don't sound happy to me. In fact, you sound just the opposite. You sound "jaded, angry, and bitter"!
My, oh my!
Welp, guess that's the danger of judging me by your warped sense of reality. Your assessment of the world we live in is incorrect, so you judge people all wrong.

Everything is A-OK in my world. And spiritually speaking, I agree with the doctrine of my church, while you do not agree with the doctrine of yours.

That is a conflict you must come to terms with.

http://americablog.com/2012/11/salvation-army...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
What mob? What do I want to burn down? Where have you seen me advocate violence even against church property? I don't. I believe in freedom of religion, even a false one like yours. I also believe in the freedom to try to change the hearts and minds of the people of that church. You just are pissing your pants because people won't shut up and stop telling the truth about the evil nature of your faith. You want a system where the LDS church can spread it's lies without challenge. That isn't going to happen. Get over it.
I've noticed that as your level of frustration rises, so does your level of vulgarity.

You can spout your nonsense ad nauseum. Those solid in the faith simply ignore you.

Since I find you humorous, I jump in from time to time and post. But if you think I take you, or any of this, seriously, you are quite mistaken. As I've said before, I don't play video games, so this is my video game.

Oh, and I'm watching Mr. Bean on Netflix as I type, which should clearly indicate my level of seriousness.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>Welp, guess that's the danger of judging me by your warped sense of reality. Your assessment of the world we live in is incorrect, so you judge people all wrong.

Everything is A-OK in my world. And spiritually speaking, I agree with the doctrine of my church, while you do not agree with the doctrine of yours.

Ur cult just admitted being gay isn't a choice..are u crushed yet, militia man?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
My, oh my!
Funny you accuse of another of what you are concerning Mormons. Nearly all your postings of Mormons have been about your loving to hate them with a seething hateful spiteful malevolence against them.
You have long established how jaded, angry, hateful and bitter you are for Mormons and their beliefs.
I will admit, your speech isn't as trashy as it once was, so that seems to be an improvement in your mental maturity of learning how to speak without all the crass and vile language you once used :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you accuse of another of what you are concerning Mormons. Nearly all your postings of Mormons have been about your loving to hate them with a seething hateful spiteful malevolence against them.
You have long established how jaded, angry, hateful and bitter you are for Mormons and their beliefs.
I will admit, your speech isn't as trashy as it once was, so that seems to be an improvement in your mental maturity of learning how to speak without all the crass and vile language you once used :)
When SCOTUS says denying gay rights is illegal what r u going to do??? One day it's evil, next day it's legal..it's going to be really hard for u..the life I denied yourself is now embraced. Bless your heart

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>When SCOTUS says denying gay rights is illegal what r u going to do??? One day it's evil, next day it's legal..it's going to be really hard for u..the life I denied yourself is now embraced. Bless your heart
U denied

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Challenging Mormons about their beliefs is one thing. Persecuting Mormons for their beliefs with your malevolent hate speech for Mormons, that's mob mentality.
I keep telling you what you do with Mormons is no different than what Jews did with followers of Jesus 2000 years ago. They found him a rogue and a wolf in sheep's clothing. They saw he wanted to change their beliefs and their very doctrines they had followed for way over a thousand years. They heard him make prophecies that they didn't see come to pass which to them, that made him a false prophet. They watched his own group of intimate followers, his closest aides and friends turn against him and his doctrine.
You are with the Mormons where the Jews were with the Christians 2000 years ago. They attacked their leader and his doctrines as you attack their leader and his doctrines.
And the ironic thing of all these comparisons is your as proud of what you do to Mormons and their beliefs as the Jews were proud of what they did to Christians and their beliefs.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
When SCOTUS says denying gay rights is illegal what r u going to do??? One day it's evil, next day it's legal..it's going to be really hard for u..the life I denied yourself is now embraced. Bless your heart
That's funny! What am I going to do? I had no idea I would have to do something if SCOTUS makes same sex marriage legal. I have never denied anyone what they wanted to be, honestly! lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Challenging Mormons about their beliefs is one thing. Persecuting Mormons for their beliefs with your malevolent hate speech for Mormons, that's mob mentality.
I keep telling you what you do with Mormons is no different than what Jews did with followers of Jesus 2000 years ago. They found him a rogue and a wolf in sheep's clothing. They saw he wanted to change their beliefs and their very doctrines they had followed for way over a thousand years. They heard him make prophecies that they didn't see come to pass which to them, that made him a false prophet. They watched his own group of intimate followers, his closest aides and friends turn against him and his doctrine.
You are with the Mormons where the Jews were with the Christians 2000 years ago. They attacked their leader and his doctrines as you attack their leader and his doctrines.
And the ironic thing of all these comparisons is your as proud of what you do to Mormons and their beliefs as the Jews were proud of what they did to Christians and their beliefs.
..so when it's legal for to be gay, are u going to hug the closet and refer to evergreen?? Clinging to that hate makes u sooo bitter. Be happy, u can be free soon !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny! What am I going to do? I had no idea I would have to do something if SCOTUS makes same sex marriage legal. I have never denied anyone what they wanted to be, honestly! lol.
Cute.. The hate u spew in the name of exgayness makes me feel sorry for u.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed that as your level of frustration rises, so does your level of vulgarity.
Vulgarity? Piss is in the Bible, your Bible:
1 Samuel 25:22
So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.

That is only one example, it is used 6 times. Your divine book is vulgar, oh my!
You can spout your nonsense ad nauseum. Those solid in the faith simply ignore you.
As a smoking drinking, Mormon, that would not be you. That would be the opposite of you.
Since I find you humorous, I jump in from time to time and post. But if you think I take you, or any of this, seriously, you are quite mistaken. As I've said before, I don't play video games, so this is my video game.
Haven't been hearing any humor in your posts for a long time. It appears you can't even be truthful about yourself, with yourself.
Oh, and I'm watching Mr. Bean on Netflix as I type, which should clearly indicate my level of seriousness.
It certainly shows you level of taste in movies.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Welp, guess that's the danger of judging me by your warped sense of reality. Your assessment of the world we live in is incorrect, so you judge people all wrong.
No, I've got you dead center in my sights.
A smoking, drinking Mormon is anything but spiritually OK. He certainly shows the church isn't true, by the way he lives his life. Praising Mormonism is booze in one hand and a cigar in the other. That's a joke.
There's never any conflict doing the work of the Lord. You should try it sometime.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you accuse of another of what you are concerning Mormons. Nearly all your postings of Mormons have been about your loving to hate them with a seething hateful spiteful malevolence against them.
Again, you need to learn how to read. I fight Mormonism, not Mormons. It['s funny that the best representatives of the Mormon church that can be found here are both jack Mormons who are the bottom of the barrel in the eyes of the church.
Pathetic.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Challenging Mormons about their beliefs is one thing. Persecuting Mormons for their beliefs with your malevolent hate speech for Mormons, that's mob mentality.
You are a drama queen, aren't you? I'm the same as the Jews going after Jesus? Do you see me calling for the death of Mormons here? I don't advocate violence, I don't even want to pass laws to outlaw Mormonism, but I'm on the same level as those in the past who have killed, murdered, and raped. You'll get over it baby. You are total wussies. LOL!
Wisdom

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know LDS history.
You base your theory upon two primary false assumptions:
First off, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not a false religion.
Secondly, the LDS Church has never made any attempt to isolate believers. In fact, quite the opposite is true. Wherever the LDS Church has based it's operations, it has always interacted with the local community, as well as sending emissaries out worldwide to make it's message, presence, and location known.
The "Mormons" did not move to Utah, because Utah did not yet exist. The "Mormons" moved out of the United States into undeclared territory, because they were constantly harassed, threatened, had their property stolen and destroyed, and were even murdered, because their religious beliefs differed from those around them.
Very similar to what happened with the early church, including Christ's disciples.
Church leadership was unsuccessful in obtaining legal redress from civil government, and became tired of constantly having to move and rebuild, so a more permanent solution was sought. By all accounts, that solution was quite successful, in that the church was able to build and grow into a more stable opposing force by the time the U.S. government came around to enveloping them again.
The very existence of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints today, and it's growth worldwide, is testament to the success of inspired decisions made by the LDS pioneers who moved the church west.
All any of you Mormons need to do is name ONE false prophet of any cult at any time in history that did NOT have these four things in common.
1. Man said he is God or has a new message from God.
2. Same man always makes himself the leader.
3. The leader always isolates his followers from the outside world.
4. There is always some type of sexual perversion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 3 min NoMo 10,867
Officer cleared in Sugar House dog shooting 4 hr aggravated 4
How Ebay is Squeezing the Little Guy Out Using ... (Jul '13) 13 hr NetWatch 13
How did my neighbor died? 15 hr Just a neighbor 1
Why no riots? Thu ddd 1
Go For the Food: Mexican food in Salt Lake City... Aug 16 Judy 1
Man is dead after police involved shooting (May '10) Aug 14 none ya 3

Search the North Salt Lake Forum:
•••
•••