Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32007 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#18801 Nov 18, 2012
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
And, again, proof that those Republicans LOVE welfare, as long as it's not for their mortal enemies, liberals.
I've been told that Mormons were told by their church leaders to have bags packed and be ready to go -- to Utah?
That 'church' is powerful and wealthy, which means they could lead a fight to 'End the Fed' and save our country and our lives, but they didn't, so I figure they're part of the treason.
Actually, Mormon Mitt Romney was fighting to save the country and our lives, but a slim majority voted again for Barack Obama instead. So I figure it's mostly the Obama voters who are part of the treason.

But that's just me.

Location hidden

#18802 Nov 18, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
U would? Google it...yeah, it's sad when greedy bastards sell off companies and fire workers, isn't it?
What's really sad is when greedy bastards who work for a company won't pitch in to help keep it afloat, and would rather force the company into closing down.

The Teamsters Union, for all their faults, understood the situation, and they worked with Hostess, coming up with a contract both sides could live with.

Why couldn't the Baker's Union do that?

Bottom line: The owners are the owners. The employees work for the owners entirely at the owner's discretion. If the employees don't like it, they can find another job. The employer owes them nothing but a paycheck for the work done. If a company cannot be profitable, then the owners have every right to shut it down.

Don't like it? Then become an owner, rather than an employee.

Unions have become a detriment to the U.S. economy. They outlived their usefulness as a force for good in worker's lives decades ago. Because of union thuggery, U.S. jobs are being lost.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#18803 Nov 18, 2012
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
And, again, proof that those Republicans LOVE welfare, as long as it's not for their mortal enemies, liberals.
I've been told that Mormons were told by their church leaders to have bags packed and be ready to go -- to Utah?
That 'church' is powerful and wealthy, which means they could lead a fight to 'End the Fed' and save our country and our lives, but they didn't, so I figure they're part of the treason.
LOL We have been told to have our bags packed and ready to go to Utah????
You believe everything you are told eh? I would be interested in knowing how much swamp land you have purchased.
As for the church taking care of their own, I don't see how anyone could look at that as a bad thing. It's less people on government welfare. Even if we did try to "save" your lives, You would accept the help begrudgingly and still find reasons to bitch about " The Mormons"

Since: Sep 12

West Plains, MO

#18804 Nov 18, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Mormon Mitt Romney was fighting to save the country and our lives, but a slim majority voted again for Barack Obama instead. So I figure it's mostly the Obama voters who are part of the treason.

But that's just me.
And me.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18805 Nov 18, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I am well aware if what Google is, and I meant that unless you are part of the particular issue you never really know the entire truth. What the internet does is provides biased info based on personal opinions You will notice that nomo will use any source , and assume it must be true. Not all internet sites and articles are credible.
As for Boyd k. Packer, he nor
anyone else forms my opinions for me.
Your assumptions about Mormon members shows your lack of understanding . It proves you take the popular view rather than find out for yourself. And they say Mormons follow blindly. Tsk tsk
I make my decisions based on a preponderance of the real evidence.

For example when seeing how your cult votes in a bloc I look at the numbers - how many of the cultists self-identify as Reps (95+%) and how many identify as Dems (<5%). The real actions your cult took in 2008 to promote and ram through Cal Prop H8 are additional evidence I use. How many counties in Utah were blue?(zero).

Of all the cultists who regularly post here, you're the only one who never voiced support for your man Rmoney.

Hell, based alone on the kinds of flap I get from the cultists who post here I could have made my own mind up just based on that. But I don't operate that way. Your great friend Crazy for example, does nothing but jab at me every time I post, trying to get a rise out of me. That may not be how you cultists behave on the outside, but I more than believe this is the way you think on the inside.

So yeah, if you want to call it "blind" go ahead. But I've got enough real shit flung in my own face by your cult to have this attitude, so I have it and I'm not apologizing for it at all.

Location hidden

#18806 Nov 18, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>LOL We have been told to have our bags packed and ready to go to Utah????
You believe everything you are told eh? I would be interested in knowing how much swamp land you have purchased.
As for the church taking care of their own, I don't see how anyone could look at that as a bad thing. It's less people on government welfare. Even if we did try to "save" your lives, You would accept the help begrudgingly and still find reasons to bitch about " The Mormons"
Hear hear! Well said.

Leftists are primarily secular, thus they feel that civil government is the only proper authority over their lives...education, work, retirement, welfare, health care, etc. are all to be chosen, and provided, by bureaucrats and secular civil authority.

Unless, of course, you aren't born yet. Leftists want government to "stay our of a woman's uterus", thus leaving unborn children entirely unprotected.

So frankly, to a leftist, if a human being makes it though gestation without being being killed in the womb, the rest of their existence should be a predetermined life of planned mediocrity. A drab existence indeed.

One of the last organized bastions of resistance to government control is the church (not just our church, but biblical churches in general), because they provide for an authority higher than civil government.

And leftists simply cannot have that!

Location hidden

#18809 Nov 18, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
For example when seeing how your cult votes in a bloc I look at the numbers - how many of the cultists self-identify as Reps (95+%) and how many identify as Dems (<5%). The real actions your cult took in 2008 to promote and ram through Cal Prop H8 are additional evidence I use. How many counties in Utah were blue?(zero).
Of all the cultists who regularly post here, you're the only one who never voiced support for your man Rmoney.
Hell, based alone on the kinds of flap I get from the cultists who post here I could have made my own mind up just based on that. But I don't operate that way. Your great friend Crazy for example, does nothing but jab at me every time I post, trying to get a rise out of me. That may not be how you cultists behave on the outside, but I more than believe this is the way you think on the inside.
So yeah, if you want to call it "blind" go ahead. But I've got enough real shit flung in my own face by your cult to have this attitude, so I have it and I'm not apologizing for it at all.
So I suppose you will have to agree then, that all of those Philadelphia and Cleveland precincts, where not ONE SINGLE VOTE was cast for Romney (absurd, considering a few votes went to third party candidates), making them among the "bluest" areas of the U.S., are firmly under the control of a pro-Obama cult.

Perhaps "Cultwatch" should add the "Food Stamp", and "Welfare" cults to their repertoire of monitored groups, since it appears everyone in those particular categories vote in a bloc.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18810 Nov 18, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear hear! Well said.
Leftists are primarily secular, thus they feel that civil government is the only proper authority over their lives...education, work, retirement, welfare, health care, etc. are all to be chosen, and provided, by bureaucrats and secular civil authority.
Unless, of course, you aren't born yet. Leftists want government to "stay our of a woman's uterus", thus leaving unborn children entirely unprotected.
So frankly, to a leftist, if a human being makes it though gestation without being being killed in the womb, the rest of their existence should be a predetermined life of planned mediocrity. A drab existence indeed.
One of the last organized bastions of resistance to government control is the church (not just our church, but biblical churches in general), because they provide for an authority higher than civil government.
And leftists simply cannot have that!
Just why again is it that you don't live in your cult's theocratic Zion heaven-state of Utah?

U know so much about everybody else, dont u. As much as you like to tout the archetypes on the opposite side of yourself, you're just as much a radical extremist archetype of your own. But keep flinging the hate. That's all you have left.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18811 Nov 18, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
And me.
And all God's Extremists said "A-MEN!"

Location hidden

#18812 Nov 18, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
Just why again is it that you don't live in your cult's theocratic Zion heaven-state of Utah?
U know so much about everybody else, dont u. As much as you like to tout the archetypes on the opposite side of yourself, you're just as much a radical extremist archetype of your own. But keep flinging the hate. That's all you have left.
Guess you don't know that the LDS Church is a worldwide organization, do you?(But Utah is only 50 miles away, I go camping there quite often. I can get there quite quickly if I need to!!! Hardy har har!).

And yes, I do know much about everybody else. Thank you for recognizing that! And I wear your label of "Radical Extremist" with extreme pride!
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18814 Nov 18, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you don't know that the LDS Church is a worldwide organization, do you?(But Utah is only 50 miles away, I go camping there quite often. I can get there quite quickly if I need to!!! Hardy har har!).
And yes, I do know much about everybody else. Thank you for recognizing that! And I wear your label of "Radical Extremist" with extreme pride!
Oh, believe me, I know that your cult has its tentacles everywhere; you were just spouting so much hate for your country like you were part of the Michigan Militia that I thought you'd want to get out of the US proper and move in to your beloved Deseret once their petition for secession is approved.

West Plains, MO

#18815 Nov 18, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>I make my decisions based on a preponderance of the real evidence.

Awww... poor little Ho Ho sure feels big and proud when he's taking jabs at everyone else, but can't take any in return. Typical of a coffee house Libtard. Now you're crying in your Mocha Frappe while sitting at the center table hoping to be seen and comforted by a familiar face. Hey maggot, if you can't take it, turn into that fly you wish you were and buzz on out of here.:-)
BTW- I see you, once again, avoided answering my questions. I'll just take that as you not having an answer and you trying to save face by hoping no one noticed. But I did...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#18816 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>Awww... poor little Ho Ho sure feels big and proud when he's taking jabs at everyone else, but can't take any in return. Typical of a coffee house Libtard. Now you're crying in your Mocha Frappe while sitting at the center table hoping to be seen and comforted by a familiar face. Hey maggot, if you can't take it, turn into that fly you wish you were and buzz on out of here.:-)
BTW- I see you, once again, avoided answering my questions. I'll just take that as you not having an answer and you trying to save face by hoping no one noticed. But I did...
What questions...the best u can do is awkward insults. It's all you've got..

West Plains, MO

#18817 Nov 18, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>What questions...the best u can do is awkward insults. It's all you've got..
The same questions I asked you first and you avoided as well.

West Plains, MO

#18818 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>Union or non-union has no bearing on making a hazardous job 100% safe. Some jobs are just inherently dangerous. Now, what I'd like for you to explain to me is how the union helped to save those Hostess employees jobs? How did the union benefit them? Will those employees get their union dues back for all those years they paid? Will the union help them find new jobs, or pay for them to go through vocational rehabilitation? Will the union help them make their mortgage payments, pay for utilities, or put food on their tables?
These questions were originally for you? Since you refused to answer, or even acknowledge them as usual, I posed them to Ho Ho.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#18819 Nov 18, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny, even now you are referring to us all as " you cultist" . As if we are all of one mind and being. Even Mormons are individuals.Yes we share the same faith, but not always the same views.
That is why I never refer to everyone else here as the "antis" because all of you do not have the same point of view about us.
As for Romney, you are right. I never came right out and voiced support for him.( which just goes to show i'm not a follower of the pack) Yet none of the other " cultist" as you so kindly call us, seemed to have a problem with that. Which I would assume they would given your logic. Though between him and Obama, I would say that Romney was probably the better man for the job. I certainly think he would do a better job of finding jobs for Americans, and getting this country out of debt. That doesn't matter now anyway, that ship has sailed.
You so eloquently mentioned having "shit" flung at you. Well on that we have something in common. ME TOO!! It is called life. Suck it up.
That is why unlike Nomo, I do not have time to worry about hostess employees. I have a family to support, children to raise, bills to pay. Most all of us have been in the same situation as the hostess employees. I feel sympathy for them.
I mentioned that Boyd K Packer doesn't make my decisions, nor any other member of the church.
I realize that the internet can be a great place to gather information. I just don't feel that all the info here is credible or reliable. It seems to me that many of the sites that Nomo uses are biased to one side or the other. That isn't how you find truth. That is simply how you find someone who agrees with the opinion you have already formed.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18820 Nov 18, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny, even now you are referring to us all as " you cultist" . As if we are all of one mind and being. Even Mormons are individuals.Yes we share the same faith, but not always the same views.
That is why I never refer to everyone else here as the "antis" because all of you do not have the same point of view about us.
As for Romney, you are right. I never came right out and voiced support for him.( which just goes to show i'm not a follower of the pack) Yet none of the other " cultist" as you so kindly call us, seemed to have a problem with that. Which I would assume they would given your logic. Though between him and Obama, I would say that Romney was probably the better man for the job. I certainly think he would do a better job of finding jobs for Americans, and getting this country out of debt. That doesn't matter now anyway, that ship has sailed.
You so eloquently mentioned having "shit" flung at you. Well on that we have something in common. ME TOO!! It is called life. Suck it up.
That is why unlike Nomo, I do not have time to worry about hostess employees. I have a family to support, children to raise, bills to pay. Most all of us have been in the same situation as the hostess employees. I feel sympathy for them.
I mentioned that Boyd K Packer doesn't make my decisions, nor any other member of the church.
I realize that the internet can be a great place to gather information. I just don't feel that all the info here is credible or reliable. It seems to me that many of the sites that Nomo uses are biased to one side or the other. That isn't how you find truth. That is simply how you find someone who agrees with the opinion you have already formed.
You & I have already tangled on certain things cult, like the electroshock therapy sponsored by your cult's own Evergreen International. In case you don't remember, you repeatedly sat here and denied that it occurred, and I brought you multiple pieces of evidence that it indeed did occur and is probably still occurring, yet you chose to deny it and put your naive head in the sand. Here's yet another video about this that came up since our little discussion about that:

http://www.myspace.com/video/sister-momo-and-...

With your head so blissfully buried in the sand, I see no point arguing with you, especially about making decisions.

And I see you finally admitted to voting along with your cult's bloc and opting for Rmoney. So much for your facade of pretending to be an independent mind. I know - you're an independent mind that sides with your cult.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18821 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>
These questions were originally for you? Since you refused to answer, or even acknowledge them as usual, I posed them to Ho Ho.
From what I've read on the hostess mess, an investment group not unlike Bain bought up the company, put in a CEO and top brass, gave themselves big promotions, and then started going after the union. They got concessions twice, and were unsuccessful this last time. Therefore they closed the company down.

Quite par for the course for the Bain types in my mind. Were I wrapped up in such a situation, I'd be looking for another job at a competitor around the time the first round of concessions came in.

But then again I don't work in a union job. So there.

Location hidden

#18822 Nov 18, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
You & I have already tangled on certain things cult, like the electroshock therapy sponsored by your cult's own Evergreen International. In case you don't remember, you repeatedly sat here and denied that it occurred, and I brought you multiple pieces of evidence that it indeed did occur and is probably still occurring, yet you chose to deny it and put your naive head in the sand. Here's yet another video about this that came up since our little discussion about that:
http://www.myspace.com/video/sister-momo-and-...
With your head so blissfully buried in the sand, I see no point arguing with you, especially about making decisions.
And I see you finally admitted to voting along with your cult's bloc and opting for Rmoney. So much for your facade of pretending to be an independent mind. I know - you're an independent mind that sides with your cult.
I know someone who in 2006 had his genitals shocked and epicac administered to him while those quacks showed him gay and straight porn.
Also, I recently met a young man whose boyfriend committed suicide after being forced to go to evergreen just a few months ago.

Location hidden

#18823 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Your "questions" are stupid. And You are a dumbass for believing the lies fuxed-up news tells u.
http://www.politicususa.com/romney-vulture-ca...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DONALD TRUMP is NIGERIAN PRINCE ! .. Birth Cert... 3 hr Baroque Obama - T... 3
Scathing New eBook About eBay Reveals Details o... 13 hr Strawserl 2
last post wins! (Jul '11) 13 hr State of many Wives 365
News Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in chu... 18 hr RevKen 35
Frank Jackson To Duke Thu Hilarious 25
NO ILLEGALS DRUGS in U.S. Sep 1 NO DRUGS ILLEGALS... 1
Review: AMSCO Windows (Jan '10) Aug 26 ajohnson 67
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages