Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#31992 Jan 27, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're specifying a specific sin because you have proven for months you have an obsession with sex and types of sex legal and illegal and accusing others of sex acts you deem perversions.
Now you claim if a person was thought to be called of God to a religious position representing God that's a child molester, that to you proves God didn't select that person.
Well according to your same logic, God didn't pick Peter who denied his relationship with God and his status with God's church who would also attempt murder and ran like a coward when when the heat got hot.
By your same logic, God didn't pick a man as an apostle who would accuse God of wasting tithes of oils to have a nice message by female followers and than turn him in and than would commit suicide, one of the more grievous sins next to murder so says most Christian ministers if you ask them.
According to your logic, Paul was never chosen of God because Paul was an actual murderer of many people he persecuted who followed God.
So essentially your logic of anyone who is called a person of God and ministers to other about God who goes on to commit some atrocious sin was never chosen by God. Because if your logic is correct that God would never chose a person to a calling who would go on later to be charged as a child molester, than surely God had nothing to do with choosing men like Peter and Judas and Paul who would also commit such horrific sins. That's your logic back at you.
You're ignorant. Just plain ignorant. That says it all.

Marysville, CA

#31994 Jan 27, 2014
You inability to see the difference between child molesters and someone saying he didn't know Jesus to save his life is the reason you can be sucked into the cult. You have no moral compass. Maybe you are justifying your own disease. They don't just excommunicate people for the hell of it. Most of the time.

For whatever reason, if you can't see it, I can't help you.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#31995 Jan 27, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a two bit paste hustler and that is all you are and until you stop pasting and start using that grey matter in your skull to form actual thought out debates from all you'll remain is a two bit paste hustler.
By the way, anything discussed of Mormons can reflect whether their Christians or not. I asked two questions of you. You refused to answer them. So your a pathetic two bit paste hustler liar stating you're here to debate. You're a waste of your own time do you realize that?
lol.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#31996 Jan 28, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>You're specifying a specific sin because you have proven for months you have an obsession with sex and types of sex legal and illegal and accusing others of sex acts you deem perversions.
Now you claim if a person was thought to be called of God to a religious position representing God that's a child molester, that to you proves God didn't select that person.
Well according to your same logic, God didn't pick Peter who denied his relationship with God and his status with God's church who would also attempt murder and ran like a coward when when the heat got hot.
By your same logic, God didn't pick a man as an apostle who would accuse God of wasting tithes of oils to have a nice message by female followers and than turn him in and than would commit suicide, one of the more grievous sins next to murder so says most Christian ministers if you ask them.
According to your logic, Paul was never chosen of God because Paul was an actual murderer of many people he persecuted who followed God.
So essentially your logic of anyone who is called a person of God and ministers to other about God who goes on to commit some atrocious sin was never chosen by God. Because if your logic is correct that God would never chose a person to a calling who would go on later to be charged as a child molester, than surely God had nothing to do with choosing men like Peter and Judas and Paul who would also commit such horrific sins. That's your logic back at you.
So, Essentially, you are really fcuked up in the head and actually believing/ listening to the dunces in your psycho ward...I mean, can you get any worse??? Being pathetic makes your cult look really bad.
Carry on, freakfest

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#31997 Jan 28, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
You inability to see the difference between child molesters and someone saying he didn't know Jesus to save his life is the reason you can be sucked into the cult. You have no moral compass. Maybe you are justifying your own disease. They don't just excommunicate people for the hell of it. Most of the time.
In the charge it says 'alleged'...

we don't know what happened... but, apparently we are fast to judge. It still hasn't gone to court and there has been no conviction so why are you judging him like he did it?

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Concerned in Brasil

Copenhagen, Denmark

#31998 Jan 28, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a two bit paste hustler and that is all you are and until you stop pasting and start using that grey matter in your skull to form actual thought out debates from all you'll remain is a two bit paste hustler.
By the way, anything discussed of Mormons can reflect whether their Christians or not. I asked two questions of you. You refused to answer them. So your a pathetic two bit paste hustler liar stating you're here to debate. You're a waste of your own time do you realize that?
ONCE AGAIN More name calling more attempts at trying to vilify those who show your faith is based on lies and thus false.

The thread is about whether LDS members are christian, all you do is ask questions off topic and then say someone is not willing to debate you because they refuse to argue over minor issues all the while you ignore the Elephant in the room LDS have never been Christian.

Mormons have never believed as Christians and Jews have for some 6000 years in one God ever anywhere anytime you Mormons have always believed in more than one God that our God was once a man like us and we too one day can be a God like our father God if we do as the LDS says. In fact for the LDS faith, Gods are on the increase all the time and THUS MORMONS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS on that one FACT alone.

I am here to debate the premise of this thread nothing more nothing less.

To post from verifiable footnoted cut and pastes is 100% legitimate, the problem is you have is your inability to refute the information in the cut and pastes so all we get from you is your above post of mud slinging and name calling.

I have cut and pasted from Mormon.org J&D and what you name call anti-mormon all in context and I have thoroughly read and vetted them. The reason you try to make cut and paste something evil is again you can't refute the fact so like a good little Nazis or commie or fascist you try censorship when your ideas and beliefs can stand the test of logic, fact, history or the Bible.

I am sorry but you are Anti-Jesus as he is revealed in the Bible.

Thus you as an LDS member are Anti-Christian and pro-mormon I however am a Christian and Pro Jesus Pro Truth.

You can't refute the facts so you get all nasty that is your issue not mine deal with it.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#31999 Jan 28, 2014
State of the Union: Foreign policy -- U.S. still a leader?
9 hrs ago | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Local NEWS 8
While a sluggish economic recovery keeps the national focus on domestic issues, the Obama administration enters its sixth year with an evolving foreign policy dealing with longstanding challenges in the Middle East and new priorities in Asia.

----------

The above story tells that US is not to be leader for any world, the free world or its war-monger or corporate or whatever world.

What sort of leader can that be when it had used atomic bombs to Japan?

How can US be a leader, for this sets off a bad precedence if any country (or countries) would use nuclear weapons, such nuclear exchange would be unbearable due to fast speed of nuclear rays and particles travelling, that nuclear radiation (today's nuclear bombs are heavier and stronger than the atomic bombs dropped to Japan --- if US or any country drops nuclear bombs, the very poisonous, dangerous hampering effects would return to US soil) would penetrate every part and corner of the world, which would demolish the living beings AND THEIR HEALTH tremendously, that many people will live very short lives, die sooner and eventually all over the world?

As Obama supports Bush's liberation of Iraq by indicating the position to undertake in the continuance of doing what Bush had done to Iraq, when cold a war is over (US really should not have such a standpoint of liberation in post-cold war time moving to the policy of forward future, despite US does strain itself in the Iraq case), that does not seem to show leadership but wrongful doing and unlawful acts and violations.

When US snoops and spies around the world simultaneously, how can then US be a leader on the planet?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#32000 Jan 28, 2014
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
ONCE AGAIN More name calling more attempts at trying to vilify those who show your faith is based on lies and thus false.
The thread is about whether LDS members are christian, all you do is ask questions off topic and then say someone is not willing to debate you because they refuse to argue over minor issues all the while you ignore the Elephant in the room LDS have never been Christian.
Mormons have never believed as Christians and Jews have for some 6000 years in one God ever anywhere anytime you Mormons have always believed in more than one God that our God was once a man like us and we too one day can be a God like our father God if we do as the LDS says. In fact for the LDS faith, Gods are on the increase all the time and THUS MORMONS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS on that one FACT alone.
I am here to debate the premise of this thread nothing more nothing less.
To post from verifiable footnoted cut and pastes is 100% legitimate, the problem is you have is your inability to refute the information in the cut and pastes so all we get from you is your above post of mud slinging and name calling.
I have cut and pasted from Mormon.org J&D and what you name call anti-mormon all in context and I have thoroughly read and vetted them. The reason you try to make cut and paste something evil is again you can't refute the fact so like a good little Nazis or commie or fascist you try censorship when your ideas and beliefs can stand the test of logic, fact, history or the Bible.
I am sorry but you are Anti-Jesus as he is revealed in the Bible.
Thus you as an LDS member are Anti-Christian and pro-mormon I however am a Christian and Pro Jesus Pro Truth.
You can't refute the facts so you get all nasty that is your issue not mine deal with it.
It is plain and simple.
'You cut and paste because you can not debate on your own'.

If you have a problem with the faith... say it yourself in your words and explain what and why you think it is that way... and people will consider debating it.

Marysville, CA

#32001 Jan 28, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
In the charge it says 'alleged'...
we don't know what happened... but, apparently we are fast to judge. It still hasn't gone to court and there has been no conviction so why are you judging him like he did it?
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
This isn't the first Bishop to be charged with child molestation. The questions are still legit regardless of his innocence or guilt.

Marysville, CA

#32002 Jan 28, 2014
There was even a GA caught and convicted of child molestation.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#32003 Jan 28, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't the first Bishop to be charged with child molestation. The questions are still legit regardless of his innocence or guilt.
No that is not what I said... his guilt has not been proven... but you have already convicted him.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#32004 Jan 28, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what it was, really? It was near to what he asked? Looks more like It was exactly what he said, and it wasn't a question.
Thanks for justifying/agreeing of what I said he said :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#32005 Jan 28, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ignorant. Just plain ignorant. That says it all.
Really...lol..... So to you a man in the LDS church called to a calling to lead the flock that goes on to commit an atrocious sin would never have gotten that calling from God according to your logic.
But men 2000 years ago called to callings to lead the flock that would go on to commit atrocious sins before and after their calling were called of God according to your logic and I'm the ignorant thinker here so you claim? lolol...fricking way to humorous as usual dude....

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#32006 Jan 28, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
It's you're inability to understand that with God, a sin is a sin. God never set one sin as worse or not so worse than the next except for the denial of the Holy Ghost/Spirit. For God a sin is a sin no matter if it's a sexual sin or a lie or the murder of another or stealing etc.
You have a diseased mentality because you formulate God as you want him to be. You do not accept God as the OT and NT teaches of Him.
And if you want specifics of harming innocent people(children) Jesus/God never defined the type of hurt caused to them be it physical and or mental and or emotional and or sexual. Jesus/God stated if you harmed one of these it was better for that person to go and commit suicide by taking their life by drowning themselves in water. Those were the words of Jesus/God on the matter.
You on the other hand have knit-picked of what harm can be done to a child and deemed that the most atrocious sin going. God did no such thing. All sin is a sin to him.
And I would guess by what is written inn the Bible of it, that sexual sins against the innocent are as grievous as murder. Murder condemns one to hell and harm to children warrants one to commit suicide according to God.
We have instances in modern times of what happens when a leader of people changes dogma mid stream and leaves their followers hanging to nothing, it destroys them in side. Well Peter did the same when those following him as a leader heard him or heard him deny his relationship with Jesus. The spiritual damage he did to those people was irreversible. The damage he and those eleven apostles did to that early assembly by running and hiding like cowards for fear of their lives in all probability ripped that church apart in several ways.
To me and to you and to others there are differences in sins. But to God there is no differences. God has not the allowance for a single sin to enter his kingdom, not even a single half twisted lie/truth.
God (as the OT and NT state historically in their stories) calls individuals to positions for his purpose who would later commit heinous sins. Some would be forgiven and some not. For you to declare he wouldn't do what he actually has done makes you ignorant of obvious information that goes against your opinion. Just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#32007 Jan 28, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Essentially, you are really fcuked up in the head and actually believing/ listening to the dunces in your psycho ward...I mean, can you get any worse??? Being pathetic makes your cult look really bad.
Carry on, freakfest
Umm not. Being really messed up in the head as you state it, you proved to be when a young man was in trouble and you claim you knew it and, you did nothing and essentially allowed him to take his own life because you failed to have a care to intervene to try and stop him by talking to him. That has to be the royal mind f**k based in one's rage and hate for people anyone can have as you did have. Can you possible do any worse than that? I don't know. Can you? He was a Mormon after all. Maybe you did nothing because he was Mormon. You do so love to have such a rage hate for all things Mormon.
No one can hold a match to your disfigured rage hating mentality nomo. No one. Not even dana.

Location hidden

#32009 Jan 28, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Umm not. Being really messed up in the head as you state it, you proved to be when a young man was in trouble and you claim you knew it and, you did nothing and essentially allowed him to take his own life because you failed to have a care to intervene to try and stop him by talking to him. That has to be the royal mind f**k based in one's rage and hate for people anyone can have as you did have. Can you possible do any worse than that? I don't know. Can you? He was a Mormon after all. Maybe you did nothing because he was Mormon. You do so love to have such a rage hate for all things Mormon.
No one can hold a match to your disfigured rage hating mentality nomo. No one. Not even dana.
Telling lies is all you have left.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#32010 Jan 28, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
The questions are still legit regardless of his innocence or guilt.
I agree, the question(s) are legit if you are going to consider them in an intellectual manner to actually 'consider' possible answers.
Try this question for example. Why would God select a man to the position of leading his people who the story states, was as close to God in obedience and faith as was possible to be who would later break the following commandments;
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you."
“You shall not murder."
“You shall not commit adultery."
“you shall not covet your neighbor's wife,"
“You shall not covet your neighbor's house;"
“or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”

King David dishonored his parents by his deeds. He coveted another man's wife. He committed adultery with another man's wife. He had another man set in a situation to purposefully have him killed in war, an act of indirect murder as historians call it so he would have the man's widowed wife and all he owned.
Why would God set a man by his own calling to such a royal, prestigious calling as a leader of his people who God knew later would break so many commandments and laws? Can you formulate an answer?
Try this one on for size. If murder warrants one to hell, an act committed by Paul upon who knows how many followers of Jesus that had repented and were cleansed in his forgiveness and innocent of sins as children so to speak, how did Paul find forgiveness with God being a murderer? Seems to be an act of God that goes against everything the Bible stated of murderers in the Bible.
Yes, I have my logical conclusions from Bible information that I read.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#32011 Jan 28, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling lies is all you have left.
lol...fricking please.....lolol. All I did is what you do all the time and you call it lying? So you're fessing up what you say most of the time are lies! Well how honest of you. I am so surprised! I took information you have provided and added my own statements to it just as you do it and I'm the bad person for doing what you do all the time in here? You really have no knowledge of which is up or down when it comes to your thinking.

Location hidden

#32012 Jan 28, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>lol...fricking please.....lolol. All I did is what you do all the time and you call it lying? So you're fessing up what you say most of the time are lies! Well how honest of you. I am so surprised! I took information you have provided and added my own statements to it just as you do it and I'm the bad person for doing what you do all the time in here? You really have no knowledge of which is up or down when it comes to your thinking.
Still lying, you sad little man.
pearl

Sandy, UT

#32013 Jan 28, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for justifying/agreeing of what I said he said :)
I think you're fascinating, and no doubt you've deemed yourself the smartest most logical person in any room. So I'm eager to hear you tell me how I'm justifying/agreeing with you. It's almost like a gift, the way you tell people what they really meant to say and what they actually think. And don't hesitate to go into great detail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why did hamulin get excommunicated 12 hr Ricardo montobomb 2
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Aug 15 ray 42
News A police officer ruined their Subway business, ... Aug 14 Overgrownelf79 1
So what's going on with Paul Swenson? Aug 13 Jescrane 2
I love Utah farts Aug 11 JuicyNoodles 1
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1
News Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb '15 Blow 4

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages