Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 20 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30730 Dec 28, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>???
We aren't gay. Or whatever you said.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30731 Dec 28, 2013
http://www.lds.org/church/news/church-stateme...

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued the following statement Friday after a court ruling on same-sex marriage in Utah:

The Church has been consistent in its support of traditional marriage while teaching that all people should be treated with respect. This ruling by a district court will work its way through the judicial process. We continue to believe that voters in Utah did the right thing by providing clear direction in the state constitution that marriage should be between a man and a woman and we are hopeful that this view will be validated by a higher court.

Location hidden

#30733 Dec 28, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>How'd you get that from what I posted?
A stretch.. Your church is backing basically "Jim Crow" laws here. Is that cool with you?

Location hidden

#30735 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>No... that is not true.

The Church is pushing obedience to the gospel... and members must obey the commandments of the gospel in order to achieve getting back into the Kingdom of God.
So it's ok with you if local Utah businesses have "no gays allowed" signs?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#30736 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
No... that is not true.
The Church is pushing obedience to the gospel... and members must obey the commandments of the gospel in order to achieve getting back into the Kingdom of God.
Yes it's pushing obedience, so that members mindlessly give their money to make rich a bunch of old men in SLC. "Shut up and do what you're told " should be the motto of the LDS church. God help the member that thinks for themselves.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30738 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
NO That is NOT okay with me. The Church and God says to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. That is personal choice of those business owners... I do not answer for them.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30740 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I sit here and think why business owners would do that... and I wonder if gay couples newly married are coming in disrupting business and IDK... I think you would have to answer to them.

Location hidden

#30742 Dec 28, 2013
LittleBoyLapDancesForDana wrote:
FROM THE GRAVE

should be

FROM THE WOMB

above.
That makes such a difference..

Location hidden

#30743 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>NO That is NOT okay with me. The Church and God says to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. That is personal choice of those business owners... I do not answer for them.
Exactly.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30745 Dec 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it's pushing obedience, so that members mindlessly give their money to make rich a bunch of old men in SLC. "Shut up and do what you're told " should be the motto of the LDS church. God help the member that thinks for themselves.
You are illucid... and need help.

Location hidden

#30746 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>I sit here and think why business owners would do that... and I wonder if gay couples newly married are coming in disrupting business and IDK... I think you would have to answer to them.
Seriously? It happens all the time.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30747 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
are they really doing this or is this one of your what if ?'s

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30748 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
A stretch.. Your church is backing basically "Jim Crow" laws here. Is that cool with you?
I don't know that this Josh Weed guy is open to the Mormon population or his authorities... is he?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30750 Dec 28, 2013
Nomo,

and does he have a Temple Recommend?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30752 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? It happens all the time.
I know I have seen certain business owners put up signs saying no backpacks allowed in stores... or no more than 2 kids under the age of 18 allowed in the store at the same time because they disrupt business.

Location hidden

#30753 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>I sit here and think why business owners would do that... and I wonder if gay couples newly married are coming in disrupting business and IDK... I think you would have to answer to them.
And...if you could tell your "friend" that he/she is making all of you look really insane..and to stop..it would be great..for you anyway..that friend of yours makes you all look really lame when he/she goes apeshit and you all go silent.

Location hidden

#30754 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>are they really doing this or is this one of your what if ?'s
The legislation is being written and bragged about as we speak..the wording leaves huge le ways

Location hidden

#30755 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know that this Josh Weed guy is open to the Mormon population or his authorities... is he?
Google..

Location hidden

#30756 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Nomo,

and does he have a Temple Recommend?
Go ask him..I think so.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30757 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
And...if you could tell your "friend" that he/she is making all of you look really insane..and to stop..it would be great..for you anyway..that friend of yours makes you all look really lame when he/she goes apeshit and you all go silent.
What are you talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
colette draeger 5 hr RANSOM PRIDE 1
laura black Apr 29 hhhhhh 1
jews Apr 29 RANSOM PRIDE 1
Review: CMC Heating And Air Conditioning Apr 27 Kurt Cooks 2
Obama is pure evil. Apr 24 goodness 1
Centurylink really sucks Apr 24 dman 1
Help Stop Corruption in our Gov't,Sen. davis Apr 21 Un agenda 21 and ... 5
More from around the web

North Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE