Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Sep 12

Willow Springs, MO

#30687 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>What if they have temple recommends? Will they allow them in the temple?
Homosexuals have been in the temple countless times, I'm sure. Even married and sealed for all time and eternity. The only thing is they lied when getting that recommend, and were married to someone of the opposite sex.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30688 Dec 28, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuals have been in the temple countless times, I'm sure. Even married and sealed for all time and eternity. The only thing is they lied when getting that recommend, and were married to someone of the opposite sex.
Will they let the honest ones in?

Since: Sep 12

Willow Springs, MO

#30689 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Will they let the honest ones in?
Yes.
"Those in the Church who are attracted to someone of the same sex but stay faithful to the Church’s teachings can be happy during this life and perform meaningful service in the Church. They can enjoy full fellowship with other Church members, including attending and serving in temples, and ultimately receive all the blessings afforded to those who live the commandments of God."

Since: Sep 12

Willow Springs, MO

#30690 Dec 28, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
"Those in the Church who are attracted to someone of the same sex but stay faithful to the Church’s teachings can be happy during this life and perform meaningful service in the Church. They can enjoy full fellowship with other Church members, including attending and serving in temples, and ultimately receive all the blessings afforded to those who live the commandments of God."
Church's*

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30691 Dec 28, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
Church's*
The married ones.. Will they let married gay Mormons in the temple?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30692 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
The married ones.. Will they let married gay Mormons in the temple?
He just told you the answer... you are just playing with him. Just because the judicial law changes... doesn't mean God's law changes.

People can act and do as they decide they have to do or want to do...
God doesn't change his laws or commands because of judicial law.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30693 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
The married ones.. Will they let married gay Mormons in the temple?
You must be following all of God's commandments to enter into the Holy Temple. I personally believe God will deal with people who lie to get into his Holy Temple will be dealt with by Heavenly Father. Something I, myself, wish to avoid as much as possible.

It is freedom of choice to come to this earth... and it is freedom of choice that gets you back into the Kingdom of God after this time on earth. Depending on how one chooses... and nobody can choose for them... they must choose for themselves.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30694 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>He just told you the answer... you are just playing with him. Just because the judicial law changes... doesn't mean God's law changes.

People can act and do as they decide they have to do or want to do...
God doesn't change his laws or commands because of judicial law.
I'm not playing with him..I'm really curious to see what the church does with their married gay members. You're just paranoid. And really weird..

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30695 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>You must be following all of God's commandments to enter into the Holy Temple. I personally believe God will deal with people who lie to get into his Holy Temple will be dealt with by Heavenly Father. Something I, myself, wish to avoid as much as possible.

It is freedom of choice to come to this earth... and it is freedom of choice that gets you back into the Kingdom of God after this time on earth. Depending on how one chooses... and nobody can choose for them... they must choose for themselves.
So, they will lose their temple recommends? Will they be exed too?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30696 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not playing with him..I'm really curious to see what the church does with their married gay members. You're just paranoid. And really weird..
Nah, I have no worries. I will tell you what the Church will do NOTHING. The Church will do the same as it has been doing. It will stay the same.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30697 Dec 28, 2013
Read what Crazy said:
Homosexuals have been in the temple countless times, I'm sure. Even married and sealed for all time and eternity. The only thing is they lied when getting that recommend, and were married to someone of the opposite sex.

"Those in the Church who are attracted to someone of the same sex but stay faithful to the Church's teachings can be happy during this life and perform meaningful service in the Church. They can enjoy full fellowship with other Church members, including attending and serving in temples, and ultimately receive all the blessings afforded to those who live the commandments of God."

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30698 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not playing with him..I'm really curious to see what the church does with their married gay members. You're just paranoid. And really weird..
...and thanks for calling me really weird. I'd hate to be the norm these days.:)

Since: Sep 12

Willow Springs, MO

#30699 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>The married ones.. Will they let married gay Mormons in the temple?
That's really not for me to say. I'm not in a position to make that decision. It'd be like me asking you if Obama would do something. Just because you follow him and support him doesn't mean you speak for him, or can make decisions for him.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30700 Dec 28, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>That's really not for me to say. I'm not in a position to make that decision. It'd be like me asking you if Obama would do something. Just because you follow him and support him doesn't mean you speak for him, or can make decisions for him.
I know..and your leaders haven't made it clear, I'm just curious. It doesn't look good for them, no matter what they choose.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30701 Dec 28, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really not for me to say. I'm not in a position to make that decision. It'd be like me asking you if Obama would do something. Just because you follow him and support him doesn't mean you speak for him, or can make decisions for him.
Well, in my opinion you answered the question. However, I like your humility and this answer a lot!

Since: Sep 12

Willow Springs, MO

#30702 Dec 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>So, they will lose their temple recommends? Will they be exed too?
In my opinion, a "gay" Mormon would not have to fear losing his/her temple recommend, or being excommunicated, if they are staying faithful to the Church's teaching. If they same sex marry, they are not staying faithful to those teachings, and chances are, they probably aren't active members anyway and wouldn't have temple recommends.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30703 Dec 28, 2013
And, I think it's important to distinguish between a gay Mormon who IS NOT acting on those feelings or thoughts and someone who IS actively engaged in those feelings or thoughts ...

A person who IS NOT can be classified as a worthy Temple Recommend and if they can be married to the opposite sex not the same sex then it's the same thing they can still be classified as worthy.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30704 Dec 28, 2013
*worthy member and have a Temple Recommend.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30705 Dec 28, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion, a "gay" Mormon would not have to fear losing his/her temple recommend, or being excommunicated, if they are staying faithful to the Church's teaching. If they same sex marry, they are not staying faithful to those teachings, and chances are, they probably aren't active members anyway and wouldn't have temple recommends.
Yes, but there are always those exceptions, like the ones your church favors..josh weed is a great example.. If he's an exception, there are practicing, worthy gay Mormons out there wanting the same as you. Would it be ok with you if Mitch mayne got married and kept his position?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30706 Dec 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
And, I think it's important to distinguish between a gay Mormon who IS NOT acting on those feelings or thoughts and someone who IS actively engaged in those feelings or thoughts ...

A person who IS NOT can be classified as a worthy Temple Recommend and if they can be married to the opposite sex not the same sex then it's the same thing they can still be classified as worthy.
So, legally married gay Mormons won't be allowed in the temple?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
iron lion zion feel like bobming a church black... Jun 16 metallica black 1
iron lio nzion berhtou drain days Jun 16 metallica black 1
a little minor leaguer played legos wit hbeta a... Jun 16 metallica black 1
News Sears Grand sales 30% above expectations, chief... (Sep '06) Jun 16 metallica black 4
News Mormon genealogical database to accept same-sex... Jun 15 Evilgelicalling 1
jehovah wasnt fooled b ylame sacrifices gold ri... Jun 15 jehovah lame 1
art sale weed and amrijuana grand ma fly to haw... Jun 14 art hilton ho 3

North Salt Lake Jobs

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages