Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32093 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Shibari Master”

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#29446 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>It was announced right here on this thread, with a local news link and everything, try to keep up.
Oh sorry, not really reading the thread. I mean, after all, I am the most interesting person here, so if its not about me, why would I bother?
pearl

Sandy, UT

#29447 Nov 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't fricking read...lol. What is wrong with you're reading comprehension? Is this a mental disability you have going?
I said... "Umm, there's no difference between a non-Mormon and a non-active Mormon. They are essentially one and the same for habits/addictions etc except one has their name on the LDS records."
Pearl replied, not word for word as you imagine she said... "So, me being a non-Mormon and you being a non-active Mormon are essentially one in the same? I'm going to have a hard time wrapping my head around that one."
I made a reference to habits and addictions as the correlation between non-Mormons and Mormons. Some how pearl decided that made her and I one and the same which isn't what I stated and which isn't what she stated I said word for word.
I'm beginning to understand a possibility for your inability to comprehend what was actually written and how you twist it to mean what wasn't stated. You ever been seen for learning disabilities?
Dana's comment wasn't in reference to the post you are trying to explain. It was in reference to the "six out of ten of these suicides were committed by male members of the LDS church" I don't mind helping you follow along, but you really might not want to be so cocky about it, it's kinda like biting the hand that feeds you.
As far as the post you are referring to, your first sentence was, Non-Mormons and non-active Mormons are one in the same. Now you know I'm a novice but, shouldn't a sentence be able to stand on it's own? If you write a sentence and then feel the need to explain it, perhaps you didn't phrase it properly. And of course we all know you and I are not one in the same, so why say it?
pearl

Sandy, UT

#29448 Nov 18, 2013
DaddyDoesABodyGood wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I forget people aren't as intelligent as I and rarely understand multi syllable words or abstract concepts.. Ok, I'll type REAL SLOW for you.
Hey, I'm here cause of boredom and I'm now exchanging perverted messages with a good little Mormon girl in West Valley.(told ya it works) But isn't it funny how you chose to attack me personally rather than defend your belief??? LOL, you hypocrites always are so amusing. So now we play the insult game I take it? Ok, lets see how long before you have to resort to profanity..
Your Mama is so crusty, I tried to eat her pussy and I chipped a tooth!
your turn ,,,,,
You saw a personal attack in there somewhere? A little thin skinned aren't ya? Anywho, don't you know what they say about people who get bored? It's because they are boring people.
pearl

Sandy, UT

#29449 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh sorry, not really reading the thread. I mean, after all, I am the most interesting person here, so if its not about me, why would I bother?
Don't ask me pal, I have no desire to psycho analyse you.

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29450 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>You saw a personal attack in there somewhere? A little thin skinned aren't ya? Anywho, don't you know what they say about people who get bored? It's because they are boring people.
Not thin skinned, just amused. But I see from the other posts I am not the only one who believes you are learning disabled.

So, I will be in Washington on Thursday, I'll take you to lunch and you can tell me how boring I am as I kiss you in all the places your last lover forgot to. Oh, BTW, do you look hot in a Girl Scout uniform?

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29451 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Don't ask me pal, I have no desire to psycho analyse you.
Here, watch this, it will change your life!

pearl

Sandy, UT

#29452 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Not thin skinned, just amused. But I see from the other posts I am not the only one who believes you are learning disabled.
So, I will be in Washington on Thursday, I'll take you to lunch and you can tell me how boring I am as I kiss you in all the places your last lover forgot to. Oh, BTW, do you look hot in a Girl Scout uniform?
Amused, bored ,constantly defending your beliefs, told your life story in two posts, sitting in a hotel room crying all over your spider man underwear. I'm curious though, is the medication starting to take affect or starting to wear off?

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29453 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
Gotta run, Hon. Off to West Valley to get some Herpes, I don't know what that is, but the girl said she had a lot she would give me.

So, just private message me with the time you want me to pick you up Thursday. I'll be there over night so I'll get us a hotel, but then I gotta go to Scottsdale early Friday to shoot a exorcism.

Hugs and Fondles to you all,, nite nite.
pearl

Sandy, UT

#29454 Nov 18, 2013
Damn, we didn't even get to all those dead sister jokes.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#29455 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>"About six in ten of these suicides were committed by male members of the LDS church." You posted it, how does this information escape you?
Let's do this from the beginning shall we? You stated for whatever reason...

"The local news reported that the state of Utah has the highest percentage of autistic child diagnosis, one in forty seven. This state also has the highest rate of accidental death by drug overdose, highest rate of credit card debt, highest rate of keeping up with the Jones's. And the highest rate of Mormons. In lieu of other information, simple economics dictates that there is a correlation."

In the above you were making a correlation between non-Mormons and Mormons in Utah by stating Utah has the highest rate of Mormons over non-Mormons. Thus all bad/wrong/evil statistics happening in Utah were happening by and to Mormons, not non-Mormons. That was your obvious point.

Since most others and myself don't count 'inactive Mormons' as "real Mormons" because most obviously don't live their faith, thus the terminology 'inactive Mormon' or 'jack Mormon', an actual 'active Mormon' living their faith would stay away from all drugs unless absolutely needed, would use credit cards with discretion to avoid debt as their prophets advised and wouldn't worry about what the Jones's had. Therefore as I stated in reply...

"So your correlation is lacking because it's quite obvious active Mormons are the true minority in Utah with non-Mormon and non-active Mormon being the majority. So all of the above would logically pertain to non-Mormons and non-active Mormons. Very few true blue active Mormons since they're the small, tiny minority in Utah would be found in those statistics. Understand?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29456 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>"About six in ten of these suicides were committed by male members of the LDS church." You posted it, how does this information escape you?
I posted that information which you didn't catch in reading as a verification for what I said earlier of the difference between what goes on in Utah between active Mormons and non-active Mormons/non-members. You didn't get it the first time and you didn't get it the second time. So this is a third time trying to help you see you can't logically lump all Mormons together without understanding active Mormons think/act differently than non-active Mormons. Understand? Most active Mormons have a high regard for doing what is right and correct by the standards of society like not drinking, not smoking, not doing drugs and addicting oneself to bad habits and careless spending habits. And they love life and breaking the law and suicide is the last thing on their mind.
Thus the link stated by a Mormon professor who did the stats themselves (which research could have shown that active LDS committed suicide more often than any other group studied) "Suicide rates in each of the four age categories studied... were lower among active members (LOWER AMONG ACTIVE MEMBERS) of the LDS church than among less active LDS church members, nonmembers and males in the general US population, the report indicates."
Your correlation was flawed because you lumped all Mormons in the same category.
pearl

Sandy, UT

#29457 Nov 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's do this from the beginning shall we? You stated for whatever reason...
"The local news reported that the state of Utah has the highest percentage of autistic child diagnosis, one in forty seven. This state also has the highest rate of accidental death by drug overdose, highest rate of credit card debt, highest rate of keeping up with the Jones's. And the highest rate of Mormons. In lieu of other information, simple economics dictates that there is a correlation."
In the above you were making a correlation between non-Mormons and Mormons in Utah by stating Utah has the highest rate of Mormons over non-Mormons. Thus all bad/wrong/evil statistics happening in Utah were happening by and to Mormons, not non-Mormons. That was your obvious point.
Since most others and myself don't count 'inactive Mormons' as "real Mormons" because most obviously don't live their faith, thus the terminology 'inactive Mormon' or 'jack Mormon', an actual 'active Mormon' living their faith would stay away from all drugs unless absolutely needed, would use credit cards with discretion to avoid debt as their prophets advised and wouldn't worry about what the Jones's had. Therefore as I stated in reply...
"So your correlation is lacking because it's quite obvious active Mormons are the true minority in Utah with non-Mormon and non-active Mormon being the majority. So all of the above would logically pertain to non-Mormons and non-active Mormons. Very few true blue active Mormons since they're the small, tiny minority in Utah would be found in those statistics. Understand?
Yep, I understand. Do you understand that you wrote, "Um, there's no difference between a non-Mormon and a non-active Mormon"?
But, since you brought it up again, and claim "most others and myself don't count "inactive Mormons as "real" Mormons" does that mean the church doesn't acknowledge them as Mormons either? Or are they on the "roll call" as you call it? Are they included in the number of Mormons worldwide when the church claims how many members they have? Have you ever been to this state?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29458 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, good for you, But my sister had faith as you do, was a faithful member, paid tithing, sent her kid on a mission, and she just died of brain cancer Sat. morning. That is why I'm in your lovely little town. To lay to rest the most faithful member of my entire family. So, believe what you want if it comforts you, but for myself, if God existed, I would be dead, not my sister.
Oh, and just a little FYI, it was my experience in the Temple that led me to leave your religion. So, there is nothing about the teachings that I do not already know. I just opened my mind to the reality of what all religion actually it, but if it helps you, then good for you.
Dude trust me... I am one person who says you are free to believe what you want to believe as long as it doesn't hurt others.

Though I keep coming here in hopes that when it derails I might be able to help get the movement back on the tracks. I mostly talk about the Bible and History. No Surprise talks mainly about Mormonism. I figure that covers it.:)

And, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Are you in Utah?
pearl

Sandy, UT

#29459 Nov 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted that information which you didn't catch in reading as a verification for what I said earlier of the difference between what goes on in Utah between active Mormons and non-active Mormons/non-members. You didn't get it the first time and you didn't get it the second time. So this is a third time trying to help you see you can't logically lump all Mormons together without understanding active Mormons think/act differently than non-active Mormons. Understand? Most active Mormons have a high regard for doing what is right and correct by the standards of society like not drinking, not smoking, not doing drugs and addicting oneself to bad habits and careless spending habits. And they love life and breaking the law and suicide is the last thing on their mind.
Thus the link stated by a Mormon professor who did the stats themselves (which research could have shown that active LDS committed suicide more often than any other group studied) "Suicide rates in each of the four age categories studied... were lower among active members (LOWER AMONG ACTIVE MEMBERS) of the LDS church than among less active LDS church members, nonmembers and males in the general US population, the report indicates."
Your correlation was flawed because you lumped all Mormons in the same category.
Once again, does the church recognize non-active Mormons as Mormons? If six in ten suicides were male members of the LDS, active or not, then four of ten had no affiliation with the church at all. Understand? More Mormon men than those not affiliated with the church were committing suicide. Why can't you acknowledge that?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29460 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh and some other little factoids for you, just cause I'm bored.
I lost my virginity at 17 to my bishops wife. I used to go to priesthood meetings to score drugs, cause the elders always had them. When I was 14 a priesthood leader drove me out into the forest and tried to suck my c*ck. My elders quorum president went to prison for rustling cattle. The town police chief (and a bishop) used to pull over teenage girls and molest them. He also would get into feuds with people,(me being one) and pull his cop car into your property and shoot your animals. When I was taking the temple lessons, the person giving them to me went through the temple with us, then admitted the next day to having an ongoing sexual relationship with a teen girl who was pregnant. I lived in the same small Mormon town my whole childhood with my divorced mother and 5 siblings, and no one EVER came by to visit unless they wanted something from us.(love that fellowship) I could go on and on, but the one that relates to you the most is one of my female friends from high school was married to a man whose faith was so strong that when she was bleeding profusely after giving birth, he said that if they prayed enough and had faith, God would save her.( hence no giving her medical care) But when she died, it was "God's will".
SO don't come back now and tell me that those are acts of the people and not the church,, the people ARE the church, but thanks for the flashback on the little Fast Sunday cult mantra.
But also, notice how I am not attacking YOU personally, just telling my side.
So do you KNOW of any Girls who look hot in a Girl Scout Uniform?
I see your outlook on Mormonism and in no way do I intend to "try to persuade you to become a Mormon again". You are an Apostate Mormon that's whatever.

Thanks for not attacking me personally.

No I don't know of any Girls that would be interested in those acts. There are members I call them ENTITIES that probably would do the things you are saying.

However there is one thing I would like to correct about your post... Members are one ENTITY and the Church is another ENTITY. They are separate and distinct ENTITIES not one and the same.
pearl

Sandy, UT

#29461 Nov 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude trust me... I am one person who says you are free to believe what you want to believe as long as it doesn't hurt others.
Though I keep coming here in hopes that when it derails I might be able to help get the movement back on the tracks. I mostly talk about the Bible and History. No Surprise talks mainly about Mormonism. I figure that covers it.:)
And, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Are you in Utah?
He went to West Valley {Utah} to catch some herpes, seemed pretty eager. Guess we all grieve differently.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29462 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>That's one thing you can count on with the LDS, unlike those stuffy Catholics who stick to their doctrine, the Mormons will always update their "new" "attitude" to eventually reflect political correctness.
Actually the newest pope has probably made more indirect and direct changes in the workings of the RCC than has been made in the last several centuries or more.
On the other hand, I know of two major doctrine changes made in the LDS church in the last century. The first being the end of polygamy and the second the acceptance of black males to the priesthood. Other wise they still teach against everything else they were against in the early church.
Personally in my own reflection of the matter and watching how modern Christianity has become an accepting whore of it's own self compared to what it once was, so Puritan like, I think concerning modern Christianity Mormons will become the most hated because of it's slowness to change with it. Mormonism is a reflection of what Christianity use to be and modern Christians absolutely hate that reflection that no sin was a good sin as they believe the very opposite now, that certain sins aren't sins at all.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29463 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>You saw a personal attack in there somewhere? A little thin skinned aren't ya? Anywho, don't you know what they say about people who get bored? It's because they are boring people.
That is an interesting way to look at boredom.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29464 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
You are a little cocky aren't you.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29465 Nov 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
LOL...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) 19 hr USA-1 36
Is everyone there Mormon (Apr '16) Mar 24 wormwood 23
Review: IloveKickboxing West Valley City Mar 23 Sarah Rodriguez 26
last post wins! (Jul '11) Mar 21 Hatti_Hollerand 376
Colvard Learning offering free literacy program... Mar 17 MarlanWarren 1
Concealed Carry Classes at the International Sp... Mar 15 EQUIP2CONCEALCLASS 1
Prostitutes In Valley Fair Mall.. (Oct '08) Mar 13 Real American 51

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance