Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments (Page 1,376)

Showing posts 27,501 - 27,520 of31,889
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

You believe in the first amendment of freedom of speech and freedom of religion...

However, you devour the argument and say that a "PRIVATE" institution can't have policies. haha...

Do you believe in obeying laws of any type?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

NoMo wrote:
Haha...the internet is screwing up our scam:))))
http://mormondisclosures.blogspot.com/2013/11...
More proof the LDS church is bleeding members. Good deal! The more people know, the less they want it.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
You believe in the first amendment of freedom of speech and freedom of religion...
However, you devour the argument and say that a "PRIVATE" institution can't have policies. haha...
Do you believe in obeying laws of any type?
The 1st Amendment is the number one law of this land. Why doesn't the LDS church believe in obeying it? The only "code" the kid broke was thinking for himself.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you demand we justify our faith? our morals? our beliefs?
Why do you act as if we have no right to practice our religion with full respect to the gospel?
How is it you have that right but we don't have the right to be faithful Mormon's?
Are you doing this because you broke 1 of the 10 commandments and disrespected your parents the way you did?
How am I stopping you from being a "faithful" member? I only demonstrate the waste and futility in doing so.

Following Jesus doesn't break the 10 Commandments:

Matt.10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than Me, is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me, is not worthy of Me.

By your standard, any member that has non-member parents and marries in the temple where their parents can attend is breaking the 10 Commandments.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

NoMo wrote:
Haha...the internet is screwing up our scam:))))
http://mormondisclosures.blogspot.com/2013/11...
The why the church lowered the missionary age to 18.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Still having problems comprehending I see. What's the problem? My words were too big?
Not at all. You called the honor code a "...a jackass policy...". So you stated very clearly to you that people(students at BYU particularly)who are honest, choose to live a chaste and virtuous life, 0bey the law of the land and all campus policies, Use clean language and respect others, who also abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse and chose to participate regularly in church services while observing the Dress and Grooming Standards and encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code to you are all jackasses for following what you think are jackass policies.
I comprehended your well stated aversion and feelings of horror for those having good moral qualities you called jackasses. No comprehension problem there at all :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the hating of the first amendment rights of freedom of speech, and freedom of religion.
I haven't forgotten your hate of the first amendment or your bullying hate speech against freedom of religion. Why would you think I could forget your hate of those things others are suppose to be entitled to? Hmm ;)P

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have no first hand knowledge of what kind of missionary he was. You simply want to paint him as the worst to justify the evil of the faith. Common tactic among Mormons whenever talking about anyone who has had enough sense to leave the phony boloney religion. Why don't you next tell us how he left so he could "SIN"!
No. I don't have first hand knowledge of what kind of a missionary he was. But I can guess with accuracy what kind he was based on what he states of himself and his wavering faith he had of his religion when he entered BYU as a student. And I didn't paint him as the worst type of missionary there is. Don't claim I said something I didn't. I'll go back to calling you a liar and I'll prove it by pasting what I actually said that your making a lie about to make a worthless point. Understand?
People don't wake up and become something so drastically different than what they weren't before. Thoughts and changes of one's mentality of something change with time, not overnight.
The kid stated he entered the fall semester because he stated by February of his second semester he knew he was agnostic, not a Mormon any more. It took you years to lose your faith to your hate for it. How do you think this kid is so different that it only took him a month or so to lose his faith? He stated he had been blogging all his first semester and possibly before being enrolled as a student. He had been exploring other spiritual areas in his first semester to find a possible new one to replace his old one. That gives evidence between being off his mission and entering BYU HE WAS LOSING OR HAD LOST HIS MORMON FAITH. That implies the seeds of his doubting his faith had been planted while on his mission or before it and during his mission his doubts grew that he couldn't tell anyone.
There is no way this kid was a true blue returned Mormon missionary with 100% faith believing and in a couple months after returning he lost his faith to the point of being an atheist. There has to be a cause to stipulate his reaction that caused him to first doubt and then lose his faith.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have no first hand knowledge of what kind of missionary he was. You simply want to paint him as the worst to justify the evil of the faith. Common tactic among Mormons whenever talking about anyone who has had enough sense to leave the phony boloney religion. Why don't you next tell us how he left so he could "SIN"!
Since you didn't read what this kid had to say and you ASS-SUME again about what you don't know, I'll clarify a time line for you he stated.
"Comparing me to Korihor, President MacKay said all that I ever do is look out for myself and justify incorrect behavior. There was some truth to that. I was lying about who I am and what I believe and justifying my lying so that I could keep attending BYU...
I dont want to be like Korihor. I dont want to justify lying any longer. I want to live up to my ideals even under the threat of losing everything."
The above was written on Oct 22nd 2013 in a blog he posted on Oct 22nd, 2013 containing his resignation letter he wrote on Oct 21st 2013.
He stated he got off his mission in August of 2012.
His first critical blog against the church was posted on this site
http://youngmormonfeminists.org/author/curtis... on Aug 9th 2013.
He stated after coming off his mission in Aug 2012, three months later by Nov 2012 he was agnostic and three months later in Feb of 2013 he was an atheist. Sometime in late September/early October the stake prez received copies of his blogging.
That proves what type of a missionary he wasn't. Understand? he wasn't a full faith believing TBMM. On his mission he had doubts and criticisms and within days of being off his mission which was the first week week of Aug 2012, on Aug 9th 2012 he began critical blogging of his faith and expressed his doubts and disagreements with church policies.
Understand it now? Hmmm?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was so fricking right about this kid as a missionary! Damm but I'm good when I call a spade a spade! lol..... and he was an occultist prior to going on a mission and resumed being an occultist when returned.
I now wonder why he even went on a mission. It surely wasn't to convert people to a religion he had obvious conflicts for concerning certain policies about same sex marriage and similar topics of gender status.

Curtis Penfold
Citizen

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

14-01-2013
Talking I'm back

So, I'm not new, but I haven't really hung out here for almost three years, so I thought I'd reintroduce myself.

My name's Curtis. I'm trying to study journalism at BYU in Utah. I joined this site a few years ago because I loved the symbolism of Tarot. I'm now just entering Tarot as an actual method for divining, and I've been enjoying the experience.

Religiously, I'm a Mormon universalist who looks for the truth in every path. But I'm also a bit of a skeptic. Some days, I believe in some kind of supernatural force, and other days I think it's all just in my head.

Regardless, I love anything spiritual.(Whether I think it exists outside of me or just inside of me, I love spirituality for the experience). I'm loving Tarot since it's helping me look at my life from a whole new perspective, and reading for my friends is just a fun experience for me.

Thanks guys!

Yes, I'm the same Curtis Penfold from the occultcorpus.

And Debra, I have a deck now and I've been done a few readings. Still trying to get the hang of it all.

The time I spent here studying the symbols of the Major Arcana has made reading easy.(Although I'm still clueless with the Minor Arcana). Reading gives me a rush. It really does.

Even though at times I'm like, "Why does this work? Maybe this is just confirmation bias. Maybe it's this. Maybe it's that." I'm still constantly skeptical about it, but I do love reading.

http://occultcorpus.com/forums/index.php...

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't forgotten your hate of the first amendment or your bullying hate speech against freedom of religion. Why would you think I could forget your hate of those things others are suppose to be entitled to? Hmm ;)P
Telling the truth about an evil religion is not bullying. And I have never, ever stopped one member of the LDS church from worshiping as they please. I'm not going to kiss their ass and pretend that Mormonism is OK, either. Which is what you want all critics of Mormonism to do.

I hate evil. I hate evil leaders. I hate an evil religion that doesn't build up, but only tears down. I refuse to pretend it is OK. Get over it.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I was so fricking right about this kid as a missionary! Damm but I'm good when I call a spade a spade! lol..... and he was an occultist prior to going on a mission and resumed being an occultist when returned.
I now wonder why he even went on a mission. It surely wasn't to convert people to a religion he had obvious conflicts for concerning certain policies about same sex marriage and similar topics of gender status.
Curtis Penfold
Citizen
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/
14-01-2013
Talking I'm back
So, I'm not new, but I haven't really hung out here for almost three years, so I thought I'd reintroduce myself.
My name's Curtis. I'm trying to study journalism at BYU in Utah. I joined this site a few years ago because I loved the symbolism of Tarot. I'm now just entering Tarot as an actual method for divining, and I've been enjoying the experience.
Religiously, I'm a Mormon universalist who looks for the truth in every path. But I'm also a bit of a skeptic. Some days, I believe in some kind of supernatural force, and other days I think it's all just in my head.
Regardless, I love anything spiritual.(Whether I think it exists outside of me or just inside of me, I love spirituality for the experience). I'm loving Tarot since it's helping me look at my life from a whole new perspective, and reading for my friends is just a fun experience for me.
Thanks guys!
Yes, I'm the same Curtis Penfold from the occultcorpus.
And Debra, I have a deck now and I've been done a few readings. Still trying to get the hang of it all.
The time I spent here studying the symbols of the Major Arcana has made reading easy.(Although I'm still clueless with the Minor Arcana). Reading gives me a rush. It really does.
Even though at times I'm like, "Why does this work? Maybe this is just confirmation bias. Maybe it's this. Maybe it's that." I'm still constantly skeptical about it, but I do love reading.
http://occultcorpus.com/forums/index.php...
Mormonism is an occult religion. So he was an occultists before he studied Tarot cards. He stilled considered himself LDS at the time. Just because it isn't a form of Mormonism you don't approve of means jack.LOL!!!

He gave the LDS church 2 years of his life, he had earned the right to go to BYU.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. You called the honor code a "...a jackass policy...". So you stated very clearly to you that people(students at BYU particularly)who are honest, choose to live a chaste and virtuous life, 0bey the law of the land and all campus policies, Use clean language and respect others, who also abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse and chose to participate regularly in church services while observing the Dress and Grooming Standards and encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code to you are all jackasses for following what you think are jackass policies.
I comprehended your well stated aversion and feelings of horror for those having good moral qualities you called jackasses. No comprehension problem there at all :)
He had good moral qualities. His problem for BYU was that he actually thought for himself instead of just being another Morgbot.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

And he was a far better member of the LDS church than you ever were or want to be now.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

But so was everybody else replying here including me and NoMo.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1st Amendment is the number one law of this land. Why doesn't the LDS church believe in obeying it? The only "code" the kid broke was thinking for himself.
lol...thinking for himself broke no code and you know it. The kid like you when you were young was a Mormon by that word only. You hated your religion and he detested/disagreed certain parts of it while liking/admiring other parts of it.
He had stopped being a TBM before his mission when he was dabbling in the occult to see if he could contact spirits and or be influenced by them when reading the cards for himself or others. Something he didn't tell his bishop. If he had, he would never have went on a mission till he stopped playing with the occult. He paused he thirst for the occult to do a mission and began it again when off his mission.
I was wrong about one thing. He didn't begin his BYU stint in 2012. He began it a year prior in 2009 ahead of when his mission began in Aug 2010. He began his sophomore year at BYU in Aug 2012.
He said he lied to go to BYU as I stated. He lied about being a TBRMM. He was a Mormon as he saw fit to be classified as one and that justified his lying to go to BYU as a Mormon which he wasn't but by word. Get it?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling the truth about an evil religion is not bullying. And I have never, ever stopped one member of the LDS church from worshiping as they please.
The Jews thought the same thing concerning Jesus and his followers don't you know? They were glad to have set him up and killed him by the law as they twisted it for their hate and rage against him.
But you would if you could stop them from having their religion. Thus what you claim isn't true :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormonism is an occult religion. So he was an occultists before he studied Tarot cards. He stilled considered himself LDS at the time. Just because it isn't a form of Mormonism you don't approve of means jack.LOL!!!
He gave the LDS church 2 years of his life, he had earned the right to go to BYU.
Excellently said..."He stilled considered himself LDS at the time." You consider yourself a loving giving caring Christian while stating you have no qualms about wanting to murder a man who lived in the 1800s. Not a lot of difference between how you two consider what is right when it obviously isn't.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
He had good moral qualities. His problem for BYU was that he actually thought for himself instead of just being another Morgbot.
Are you recanting what you previously stated? You claimed the morals in the BYU code of honor policy was "...a jackass policy...". You claimed it was a despicable or abhorant code to expect people to live by who previously to being a student at BYU, had most of those morals in their character already. Now you state those morals are good qualities? Make up your mind pleaseee!
By the way, he was already thinking for himself before he entered BYU. He just got caught being dishonest with himself and others and once confronted about his dishonesty, he repented and decided to be who he was and screw Mormonism, BYU and all that jazz. In other words it took a stake prez to help him find his balls and wear them like an honest person. Just saying.
By the way, his seeds of doubt were cast as far back as a senior in high school according to this poem.

http://illinoistimes.com/article-6050-childre...

People of the gate
By Curtis Penfold
Auburn High School, grade 12

From womb to tomb, we pass through gates the same, and yet here we spend our entire lives as if weve gone through different gates

We cry, we laugh, we grow, we learn, we love all of us going from gate to gate

But hes black and hes yellow and hes gay and hes an atheist and we forget the gates well leave through.

If we all remembered that were all human
our journey would be that much easier
our lives would mean that much more

I told you a long time ago as a word to the wise, when you use your real name on the net you leave all sorts of tracks for anyone to find.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
And he was a far better member of the LDS church than you ever were or want to be now.
That was such a pathetically ignorant stupid childish thing to state. Your posts of lately have been intelligent, thought out posts and now you go to resorting to that old childish mentality? Please reassure me it was just a stupid slip of the thought process?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 27,501 - 27,520 of31,889
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

North Salt Lake Jobs

•••
•••
•••

North Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance