Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32065 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#28335 Oct 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Did Anti-Mormonism Cost Mitt Romney the 2012 Election?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/benjamin-knoll/...
Not only that, it has made the stage play "Book of Mormon" a huge hit.
Anti-Mormonism didn't cost Romney anything really. Fact is he went into that campaign knowing the odds of negative Mormonism info were stacked against him already from the onset but he felt the endeavor worth it. It was a far left liberal opponent known for 'promising and giving out free things' like free health care and free phones and free medicine, education and food for illegals that cost Romney the 2012 election. Anti-Mormonism had little to do with his losing.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28336 Oct 19, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine..being closeted and then your religion has a revelation? All the torment for nothing? It's really sad..
This will be on Netflix and OWN 10/ 27.
Idk the religion of the family, it really doesn't matter..it's the reality of love shining over ignorance and hate. Everyone should watch this:)
http://bridegroommovie.com/
lol...keep guessing as you're really lousy at it. You really don't have a life beyond making idiotic assumptions of others do you. You have proved for well over a year you really enjoy coming into this thread (and other threads in the past that I know of) to say some of the most retarded things of others. Talk about closet mentalities. I could be wrong. For as you are in here, you could also be in public life to people as angry, hateful, derogatory, vile, rude, nasty and filthy of thought also. Which is it? Closet or the same?

Location hidden

#28337 Oct 19, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Anti-Mormonism didn't cost Romney anything really. Fact is he went into that campaign knowing the odds of negative Mormonism info were stacked against him already from the onset but he felt the endeavor worth it. It was a far left liberal opponent known for 'promising and giving out free things' like free health care and free phones and free medicine, education and food for illegals that cost Romney the 2012 election. Anti-Mormonism had little to do with his losing.
Umm no, he lost because he was a pathetic stepford mormon robot who let his cult launder his money. If that freak is what the GOP considers a presidential...LOL, aren't they backward.
He lost because he was clueless and awkward and weird and his background reeked of scam and Mary Kay ...he represents all that is evil in this world.
..and Obama is a fcuking rockstar:)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28338 Oct 19, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you're such a fricking idiot at times. I responded to the following of the poster... "Real Christians follow Jesus Christ and his teachings in the bible. End of story. If you don't do this then you are not a real Christian." lol...and you claim I was dishonest??...lol. The poster was referencing THE BIBLE. The poster WASN'T REFERENCING INDIVIDUAl WORKS OR OR A FEW OR SEVERAL. The poster was REFERENCING THE BIBLE. Remember that book that was first printed by and for the Catholic church in Rome? You're idiocy goes farther and farther into your mentality than I ever imagined.
Next time do yourself a favor before you ASSUME you know what's being said by proving you don't. READ BACK A COUPLE POSTS...lol
You know the New Testament is made of of those "individual works" right, monkey boy? LOL!!!!!

Marysville, CA

#28339 Oct 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar, liar, liar. I haven't debated anyone else's worthiness as being a Christian but you. I never made 'worthiness' an interest in general to be debated for any given reason. You have did that and nomo did that and I replied.
You said your a Christian. You claimed you were a loving, caring, kind, whatever else you said as a Christian. Claiming those traits as a Christian denotes your own self declared worthiness as a Christian. I challenged your claim by stating all the negative crap you have stated while claiming to be such a good up standing Christian. I debated YOUR WORTHINESS as to being an actual Christian against your want to murder a dead man, against all the vile dark filthy things you have said to people and that you have said of people in just this thread and against all your purposeful HOPEFUL attempts to hurt and or injure others emotional well being.
If you wish to change what you think to become something better than you have proved to be in the past that's great. But before you make a claim of what you claim I say of whatever, you should paste what I actually said to prove your point. It really helps.
And I stated of you and no other.... "1a. Wrong. I made worthiness an issue with just you because you claim you're a kind loving caring Christian."
Again, you call me a liar, and justify why you made worthiness an issue. Make up your mind, monkey boy.

And if my only attempt were to hurt your emotional well being, from the way you post, I have succeeded 100% You're a nutjob.

Marysville, CA

#28340 Oct 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume too much. You should paste what I actually said to show some proof of what you think represents what I believe. That would make a difference in what you claim. For what you claim in the above holds about as much meaning as dana calling himself a Christian.
Or you calling yourself a sane man.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28341 Oct 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the New Testament is made of of those "individual works" right, monkey boy? LOL!!!!!
We know you believe Genesis is a myth... what other part of the New Testament are you claiming is a myth?

Marysville, CA

#28342 Oct 20, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you believe Genesis is a myth... what other part of the New Testament are you claiming is a myth?
None.
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#28343 Oct 20, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we believe 0% of the Bible is a myth

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28344 Oct 20, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm no, he lost because he was a pathetic stepford mormon robot who let his cult launder his money. If that freak is what the GOP considers a presidential...LOL, aren't they backward.
He lost because he was clueless and awkward and weird and his background reeked of scam and Mary Kay ...he represents all that is evil in this world.
..and Obama is a fcuking rockstar:)
lol...yeah and his actions mimic a rockstar high as hell as he use to be when a kid. He was a weed head in his youth and he's now mentally impaired by all that dope he smoked because he thinks giving things away for free as a politician is spot on. His dems and libs loving his freebie hand outs got him his needed votes. You don't have a fricking clue when it comes to this guy and all the freebies he gave away without a care of where the $ came from he used for his freebies.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28345 Oct 20, 2013
anonymousnetruthteller wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we believe 0% of the Bible is a myth
Dana believes Genesis is a myth.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28346 Oct 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh child in an adult's costume, you didn't follow the conversation. You assumed you knew what it was and you proved you assumed wrong. The poster was referring to the Bible with ALL of it's books included and not an aforementioned time as you wrongly concluded.
By the way, the first actual known 'compiled' new testament was set together by Marcion. And his NT only had 11 books but you knew that correct? And you know the other gospels, epistles and books of the NT would later be set together by the early church in Rome with all present fragments of those works dated later than Marcion's NT. But you knew that correct?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28347 Oct 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you call me a liar, and justify why you made worthiness an issue. Make up your mind, monkey boy.
And if my only attempt were to hurt your emotional well being, from the way you post, I have succeeded 100% You're a nutjob.
Umm, you did lie. You twisted and purposefully misconstrued what I actually said. That proves your dishonest intent. You claimed I made 'worthiness' an issue. You lied. You purposefully lied. You purposefully lied and misconstrued what I actually said. I questioned YOUR worthiness to YOUR claim that YOU said you're a Christian. Don't lie if you don't want to be called on your lie. Very simple concept.
lol...and no. At no time has the low level of your childish immature playground mentality hurt and or wounded me emotionally. Immaturity is immaturity and unfortunately you're full of it because you like being immature to being mature.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28348 Oct 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you calling yourself a sane man.
You call/insinuate I'm sane? How nice of you :) I know no one that is 'sane' as far as the definition goes. I know there are people with variations of 'saneness' that is true. Like yourself. You're degree of 'saneness' is far from what would be normal. Reason why? You insanely stated you wished to commit premeditated murder of a dead man if he were alive. You were a racist by choice. You prefer immaturity to maturity. You love to be extremely vile and sarcastic as you can think to be. And you love to call people childish names. Yes, you have well proven your sanity does not lie in the definition of saneness.

Marysville, CA

#28349 Oct 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You call/insinuate I'm sane?
Again you show your serious lack of reading skills. But that helps explains your devotion to a perverted religion.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28350 Oct 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you show your serious lack of reading skills. But that helps explains your devotion to a perverted religion.
//
You are the one who makes excuses and blames others to justify your inappropriate behaviors... all the while YOU pervert and molest the Gospel... taking and adding what you want from it... including the entire book of Genesis

and threatening that you yourself would:

-> "Crucify Jesus Christ himself" for teaching the things you don't agree with

-> "kill his HOLY Prophets"... then claiming God told you to do it

You in this very thread have called God the Father a "bastard", a "pig", "retarded"

You promote any sexual behavior including bestiality and encouraging people to act on their desires not God's...

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!

Marysville, CA

#28351 Oct 21, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
//
You are the one who makes excuses and blames others to justify your inappropriate behaviors... all the while YOU pervert and molest the Gospel... taking and adding what you want from it... including the entire book of Genesis
and threatening that you yourself would:
-> "Crucify Jesus Christ himself" for teaching the things you don't agree with
-> "kill his HOLY Prophets"... then claiming God told you to do it
You in this very thread have called God the Father a "bastard", a "pig", "retarded"
You promote any sexual behavior including bestiality and encouraging people to act on their desires not God's...
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!
Well, No Surprise, you always have your girlfriend Carol here even if the LDS church doesn't want you. Two nuts sharing the same can. LOL!!!
Affordablecare

Lexington, KY

#28352 Oct 21, 2013
not a rocket scientist wrote:
The mormons that came to my house, in suits on bicycles, when asked said, "Yes, we believe in Jesus. We believe He was a great prophet." Well, Christians believe He was God incarnate, that He came to earth born of a virgin birth, lead a sinless life and died as the perfect sacrifice to atone for our sins. Jesus was not mearly a prophet, He is Emmanuel, which mean God with Us.
Get your Affordable Health Care now 1-800-318-2596

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28353 Oct 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, No Surprise, you always have your girlfriend Carol here even if the LDS church doesn't want you. Two nuts sharing the same can. LOL!!!
You can call me whom ever you want to. You know and I know you made up that I am Carol. Truth is I am calling you on your behavior and you don't like it. So, let's go name calling... right? Isn't that your tactic?

Marysville, CA

#28354 Oct 21, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call me whom ever you want to. You know and I know you made up that I am Carol. Truth is I am calling you on your behavior and you don't like it. So, let's go name calling... right? Isn't that your tactic?
No, my tactic is to point out when you act like a fruit cake, and to make fun of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) 1 hr Danbo 81
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Fri Katherin 28,894
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Fri Robin 34
Utah sucks Thu Jonathon Warren 1
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1
News Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb '15 Blow 4
News Police close to catching Midvale check fraud su... (Sep '10) Jan '15 not surprised 36

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages