Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,993

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27947 Sep 21, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, just keep giving those tithes to The Lord and you'll be fine..
The Harvest moon is making them both crazy. LOL!!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27948 Sep 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>The Harvest moon is making them both crazy. LOL!!!
Haha...well, at least there's an explanation

Location hidden

#27949 Sep 21, 2013
Such a perfect day.. Took the train down to the first ever Provo pride fest. It was so sweet to be part of a beginning..next year, a parade! The lizards are even losing Provo:)
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27950 Sep 21, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Such a perfect day.. Took the train down to the first ever Provo pride fest. It was so sweet to be part of a beginning..next year, a parade! The lizards are even losing Provo:)
I was on top of Cedar Mountain two days ago, watched a spectacular sunset happening the same time as a bad ass full moon was rising, all this going on among the fall colored Aspens. I love this time of year. Though, still lacking in a Pride Parade down here in the southern end of the state.

Location hidden

#27951 Sep 21, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I was on top of Cedar Mountain two days ago, watched a spectacular sunset happening the same time as a bad ass full moon was rising, all this going on among the fall colored Aspens. I love this time of year. Though, still lacking in a Pride Parade down here in the southern end of the state.
It's so beautiful here..the whole state, even the badlands(where the hell is hanksville:)
..no st George? We should fix that:)

Location hidden

#27952 Sep 21, 2013
If Provo can have a pride fest, there are no limits!
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27953 Sep 21, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so beautiful here..the whole state, even the badlands(where the hell is hanksville:)
..no st George? We should fix that:)
True, they do have a October Fest going on at Brianhead though, it lasts till the late hour of 8pm.

Location hidden

#27954 Sep 21, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>True, they do have a October Fest going on at Brianhead though, it lasts till the late hour of 8pm.
And Those quaint liquor stores with a counter and you have to point to what you want?
Does st George have pride ?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#27955 Sep 25, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
They are NOT. They follow joseph smith and the book of mormon, not JESUS and the bible.
Do you think that repeating the exact same thing over and over will make it so?
Who are you to judge my relationship with heavenly father?
Mormonism is my faith. My christian faith. However, my daily dealings and love for others is proof of Christianity. I have seen atheist with more christian attributes than some " Christians".
Mormonism is a Christian faith, your opinion that it isn't is just that, your opinion.

“I will not keep calm”

#27956 Sep 25, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
I try not to put labels on ppl not ashamed.
No suing necessary.
The person who is close to me who is gay has the right to free agency. I don't support the action, but I support her as an individual.
Just to clarify, being gay is not an action.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#27957 Sep 25, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that repeating the exact same thing over and over will make it so?
Who are you to judge my relationship with heavenly father?
Mormonism is my faith. My christian faith. However, my daily dealings and love for others is proof of Christianity. I have seen atheist with more christian attributes than some " Christians".
Mormonism is a Christian faith, your opinion that it isn't is just that, your opinion.
It is NOT. It is not in the bible at all. GOD does not say to follow joseph smith or the book of mormon.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#27958 Sep 25, 2013
The book of mormon is NOT in the bible and neither is joseph smith. It is a false man made up religion with false prophets and teachings.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#27959 Sep 25, 2013
The bible says so...it mentions false prophets and teachings...the bible warns of these things...it warns about following false prophets and teachings...mormons do this...follow false prophets and teachings.
Mitt Romney

United States

#27960 Sep 25, 2013
all about money

“I will not keep calm”

#27961 Sep 25, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
The book of mormon is NOT in the bible and neither is joseph smith. It is a false man made up religion with false prophets and teachings.
You can believe that all you want, however we still follow the teachings of Christ. We practice repentance and baptism. We believe Christ to be the son of God and the messiah. There are no 2 ways around the fact that by definition, we are a christian faith.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27962 Sep 25, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Just to clarify, being gay is not an action.
Proverbs 23:7
7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

“I will not keep calm”

#27963 Sep 25, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 23:7
7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
You take that verse to mean, that because you love someone of the same gender, your heart can not be with God?
Using that logic, there are many things we do that the same verse can be applied to.
Anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#27964 Sep 25, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
so you are calling Jesus Christ a false prophet
Anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#27965 Sep 25, 2013
Mitt Romney wrote:
all about money
Actually it has nothing to do with money

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27966 Sep 25, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>You take that verse to mean, that because you love someone of the same gender, your heart can not be with God?
Using that logic, there are many things we do that the same verse can be applied to.
I take that verse to be Gospel doctrine... I did not apply it to any sexual relationships at all.

You can distort it and argue and be contentious or whatever you want to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 9 min Dana Robertson 28,536
Mormon leaders call for laws protecting some ga... Thu Shirvell s Shrivel 8
looking for friends who are not mormons Jan 29 deathmetalfan01092 1
would anyone like to talk?? Jan 29 bloodyhell01092 1
Romney says climate change presents a big chall... Jan 25 Swedenforever 7
Romney Says Climate Change Presents a Big Chall... Jan 22 BarbaraMora 1
Is Ebay's Declining Reputation Scaring Buyers A... (Oct '13) Jan 21 EcommerceBlogger 9
North Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

North Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:42 pm PST