Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32068 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27796 Sep 5, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should remember your bit's of venomous sarcasm you have spit all over this thread for Mormon women that stay home. You have said things one can read from a book for how to be a great feminist.
You have proved over and over and over you're a far left liberal extremist. You obviously resent male authority figures. So if a complete reversal was done tomorrow and women and men held the priesthood and still made the same decisions they did before whom you called racist, prejudiced etc, what name would you have for the racist, prejudicial female priests? Lizardets? lol...you never win for losing by your warped logic.
Oh no..lizards only marry virgins. Do you realize how uncomfortable all those meetings, etc will be if women are allowed to attend and have equal voice?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27797 Sep 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Women don't need rulers. Hopefully since you haven't, your kids will figure it out.
What's pathetically sad, is you have just proved you're the far left feminist liberal I stated you proved to be earlier. Only a true blue feminist would state women don't need rulers when the fact is that most relationships develop according to the couples likes and dislikes, not according to the guy being the gal's ruler as you pathetically state happens. You need to figure that out someday just saying.

Location hidden

#27798 Sep 5, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Such an excellent reply to prove my point you continue to prove about yourself over and over and over...
You present a question that needs information that you neglect to give when someone asks for more information so they can maybe answer your question and you go off on them....you're such a fricking sad sack case at times really.
It just would have been easier to give a better description of what took place according to what you know, really.
Hey, if it hits the press, I'll post a link..the question is...if an employee of the COB is fired after a spotless work record, had worked there 10 years, was temple worthy, single, celibate..is this how the members interpret their "new.."softened stance? He came out and they fired him.

Location hidden

#27799 Sep 5, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>What's pathetically sad, is you have just proved you're the far left feminist liberal I stated you proved to be earlier. Only a true blue feminist would state women don't need rulers when the fact is that most relationships develop according to the couples likes and dislikes, not according to the guy being the gal's ruler as you pathetically state happens. You need to figure that out someday just saying.
OMG.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#27800 Sep 6, 2013
Mormons are followers of Smith.
pearl

Ogden, UT

#27801 Sep 6, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
Mormons are followers of Smith.
Is this supposed to be some kind of an epiphany?
pearl

Ogden, UT

#27802 Sep 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ironic how last year you had a hard time with your English... now it seems you have great punctuation and grammer...
Have you been studying since you left the Indian Reservation?
Well I left the reservation decades ago, but yes I have been studying. Seems as though communicating through the written word has become the preferred way, so I figure if I want to be understood properly I should go ahead and learn the proper way to write my thoughts. Why just a few short months ago I would never have noticed the misspelling in your post. Are you quizzing me, you scamp you, or do you just want to get to know me better?
pearl

Ogden, UT

#27803 Sep 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Biblical Historians say that Mary Magdalen was a Prophet and very close to Jesus.
How do you explain her role in her earth life?
I'm guessing vilified or ignored, for the most part.
pearl

Ogden, UT

#27804 Sep 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed prophets were just men dana, I mean pearl. And it's only been in the last 1500 years that dead men called prophets now have a following numbering into the millions. That number never existed when they were alive.
We can use that same standard you mention for Peter and various apostles. According to your logic, Peter's premeditated thoughts to kill a guard taking Jesus and Peter lying three times about knowing the Lord is enough to invalidate him as anything but a common guy that failed according to your logic. Now what?
A common guy? Yes, yes...."Now what?" I don't know... what? "I never claimed prophets were just men dana, I mean pearl." So are you claiming prophets are not "just men", that somehow they are incapable of lying or premeditated thoughts? They are someway above the common guy? Kinda like a superhero?
pearl

Ogden, UT

#27805 Sep 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana, I mean Pearl if you would quit making statements to me concerning dana then I would respond about him, is it that tough for you to figure out? I mean if you ask questions/make statements that are void of dana's name, then his name won't come up in our conversations. Understand?
Hey friend all I did was ask what is the "Christian standard" that someone referenced, Dana answered with "Ashamed displays it the most." You went into a tirade about what a liar he or she is, claiming you wont be held to a Christian standard, and that you never claimed to be a Christian. But, everybody else is a liar, right? But as we can see, one must convey their message properly, if they want it received properly. See, I'm paying attention and learning your ways.
pearl

Ogden, UT

#27806 Sep 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do understand. That is why Modern Christianity aren't even close to being true examples of what Christians were 2000 years ago. Modern Christianity doesn't do/replicate a lot of what Jesus did/established. Modern Christianity picks and chooses what's important and what's not important to be preached/obeyed according to what the popular opinion is/isn't of the day. I realize that very well.
Concerning modern Christianity, it's a farce. It's a bunch of people imitating what they want to apply to themselves of a people that were true Christians 2000 years ago. The church of Rome 1700 years ago was the bastardized edition of true Christianity. Do you comprehend?
So what were Christians like two thousand years ago? Liars, three times, with premeditated thoughts of killing? They kinda sound like "common guys"

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27807 Sep 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Hey friend all I did was ask what is the "Christian standard" that someone referenced, Dana answered with "Ashamed displays it the most." You went into a tirade about what a liar he or she is, claiming you wont be held to a Christian standard, and that you never claimed to be a Christian. But, everybody else is a liar, right? But as we can see, one must convey their message properly, if they want it received properly. See, I'm paying attention and learning your ways.
Pearl, I love you! LOL!!!
pearl

Ogden, UT

#27808 Sep 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Pearl, I love you! LOL!!!
Right back atcha, freind.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27809 Sep 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, if it hits the press, I'll post a link..the question is...if an employee of the COB is fired after a spotless work record, had worked there 10 years, was temple worthy, single, celibate..is this how the members interpret their "new.."softened stance? He came out and they fired him.
COB, church office building? Is that what it stands for? My first question would be were others in this same area of work fired? You stated the person was fired. Most bosses 'fire' an individual for reasons deserving firing. Most bosses don't wake up and fire an individual who has no reasons going on to be fired and has a great performance record and is a plus to the work force. That type firing begs for a lawsuit based on grounds of unfair employee treatment/discrimination. Most bosses don't want to be sued.
The media has shown 'most bosses' who are prejudiced for whatever reason and want to let go an employee they are prejudiced against, they "lay them off" or "let them go" with promises to rehire them in the future. Doing that avoids law suits etc when they have 'politely' released someone from their company.
But to 'suddenly' fire an employee that has a spotless work record and was a plus for the company to have as an employee, that doesn't happen to often as you have laid out the scenario.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27810 Sep 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG.
I know of some christian religions where a female 'rules' the roost, not a man. Is this not the same thing you're *itching about that men 'rule' the roost and not females? Is not this a female that has become what you claim of males?
There are religions on the planet where females rule the men. Is this not the same biased/prejudicial discrimination you claim men do?
OMG try understanding your own fricking logic...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27811 Sep 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>A common guy? Yes, yes...."Now what?" I don't know... what? "I never claimed prophets were just men dana, I mean pearl." So are you claiming prophets are not "just men", that somehow they are incapable of lying or premeditated thoughts? They are someway above the common guy? Kinda like a superhero?
If you ask a question as a question, it would really help. But when you ask a question with sarcasm and make statements about things I didn't say, it's tough to figure out the meaning of your question.
According to the Bible prophets are men of God who are still very human and still make the same foolish decisions we all make day to day. By the way, I never put a prophet on some pedestal and declared their incapable of lying etc.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27812 Sep 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no..lizards only marry virgins. Do you realize how uncomfortable all those meetings, etc will be if women are allowed to attend and have equal voice?
Uncomfortable? Umm not. Females often rule over males and females in the gospel class. Females rule over the males in a number of other classes where a male may be her helper. Many times when the relief society and priesthoods combine for a meeting females rule everyone as instructors. When it comes to all the doings and going on of the relief society, females rule and men listen.
You have a really screwed up idea of what takes place in this church that doesn't. More male and female couples rule positions together than any single individual.
If their was a revelation tomorrow that females could hold the priesthood, it would be a minority of Mormons that couldn't handle the change.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27813 Sep 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Hey friend all I did was ask what is the "Christian standard" that someone referenced, Dana answered with "Ashamed displays it the most." You went into a tirade about what a liar he or she is, claiming you wont be held to a Christian standard, and that you never claimed to be a Christian. But, everybody else is a liar, right? But as we can see, one must convey their message properly, if they want it received properly. See, I'm paying attention and learning your ways.
I answered your question of what a "Christian standard" was. I disagreed that dana would know who displays Christian standards. That was the equivalent of a communist stating what makes a great American. Dana isn't a Christian. So how he would know what the qualities of a Christian is that he himself doesn't wear to his character is a fallacy taking place.
Next, I never called everyone a liar as you just declared I did. That makes you a liar. Understand? And dana does lie. Dana lies a lot. I catch him in lies and ask why he lied and he never responds. He doesn't respond because he didn't lie, he doesn't respond because he doesn't want to explain this perverted need to lie he has going on.
This is simple. Repeat in quotes what a person said and you will be accurate of what they stated. Say someone said something they didn't say and all you prove is you'd rather lie about them.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27814 Sep 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>So what were Christians like two thousand years ago? Liars, three times, with premeditated thoughts of killing? They kinda sound like "common guys"
lol...see, this is why you are so much like dana and dana is so much like you that you two appear to be the one and same person.

I stated a reply to you in the below concerning the Christian church and it's positions and laws, etc.

"Yes I do understand. That is why Modern Christianity aren't even close to being true examples of what Christians were 2000 years ago. Modern Christianity doesn't do/replicate a lot of what Jesus did/established. Modern Christianity picks and chooses what's important and what's not important to be preached/obeyed according to what the popular opinion is/isn't of the day. I realize that very well.
Concerning modern Christianity, it's a farce. It's a bunch of people imitating what they want to apply to themselves of a people that were true Christians 2000 years ago. The church of Rome 1700 years ago was the bastardized edition of true Christianity. Do you comprehend?"

You make a reply that had not a single thing to do with that post. You ask what Christians were like two thousand years ago(how the *ell would I know the personal habits of people living two thousand years ago? I didn't discuss any such thing.) I was describing the differences between the modern Christian religion churches and the ancient Christian religions of Jesus two thousand years ago and like dana you failed to note that.

"So what were Christians like two thousand years ago? Liars, three times, with premeditated thoughts of killing? They kinda sound like "common guys"

Location hidden

#27815 Sep 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>COB, church office building? Is that what it stands for? My first question would be were others in this same area of work fired? You stated the person was fired. Most bosses 'fire' an individual for reasons deserving firing. Most bosses don't wake up and fire an individual who has no reasons going on to be fired and has a great performance record and is a plus to the work force. That type firing begs for a lawsuit based on grounds of unfair employee treatment/discrimination. Most bosses don't want to be sued.
The media has shown 'most bosses' who are prejudiced for whatever reason and want to let go an employee they are prejudiced against, they "lay them off" or "let them go" with promises to rehire them in the future. Doing that avoids law suits etc when they have 'politely' released someone from their company.
But to 'suddenly' fire an employee that has a spotless work record and was a plus for the company to have as an employee, that doesn't happen to often as you have laid out the scenario.
Yeah, being a bigot rarely makes sense, does it?
Yes, COB is church office building, that looming, creepy monstrosity full of old lizards and zombies of all sort. They slither through tunnels with their handlers, speak in singsong voices and bless each other with olive oil. Does Pam work in a pinch? How about Wesson oil or some melted lard?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitt Romney is a turd 2 hr Diahlio 29
More Problems with the Book of Mormon Sat Tobias 32
Utah sucks Sat Jaquell 2
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Sat April J 82
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Dec 2 Katherin 28,894
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Dec 2 Robin 34
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages