Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27683 Aug 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
The poor monkeys are in a frenzy, poo is everywhere!
Dear child, this childish saying is sooo old and boring. Can't you think of some new childish saying to say to us? Hmmm?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27684 Aug 28, 2013
http://mormonisminvestigated.co.uk/2013/08/28...

The Mormon Great Game

Typical of the response of Mormons to criticism is to attempt to isolate critics from the mainstream of Christian thought and even civilised society. This is done by labelling critics “anti-Mormon,” defining them in terms of their relationship to Mormonism rather than by their faith, and ascribing to them base motives far removed from those of true, good-hearted Christians.

Mormonism’s critics are portrayed as holding to beliefs that are peculiar even to other Christians, as having problems with Mormon theology that most other Christians would not have. There is a history to this kind of approach, represented by such Mormon books as Offenders for a Word, How Wide the Divide and Are Mormons Christians?

Further, in an attempt to legitimise theology that is peculiar to Mormonism, and alien to historical, orthodox Christianity, Mormons seek first to redefine what are often settled issues for the Christian Church; the nature of God, the nature of man, the person of Jesus, the nature of sin, the significance of the cross, the means of grace and salvation, the work of the Holy Spirit, the reliability of the Bible and the eternal destiny of the saints.

This way they create something more in their own image and call it Christianity. They then compare the views of Christian apologists looking critically at Mormonism with this chimera and represent these apologists as though they are out on a limb as far as most Christians are concerned. I call this the Mormon Great Game.

Excellent blog exposing the tactics of Mormons.

Marysville, CA

#27685 Aug 28, 2013
Future Ex-Mormon, soon to be excommunicated.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56788108-78...

Because following the leaders is more important than doing what's best for your child.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27686 Aug 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
"These are the last days!!"
http://theycallmesistercarter.blogspot.ca/201...
..and this isn't the onion.
I found the comment section interesting.

Location hidden

#27687 Aug 28, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I found the comment section interesting.
:) last time I looked a few were deleted.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27688 Aug 29, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Future Ex-Mormon, soon to be excommunicated.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56788108-78...
Because following the leaders is more important than doing what's best for your child.
Are you serious? lol...stupid me of course you're serious in that reply. Why should I ever think you'd grow out of your idiocy now?

Marysville, CA

#27689 Aug 29, 2013
Let's have a contest. Let's see how many lies and deceptions the LDS church put in this new series of videos?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865585429/...

Everyone can play along.

Marysville, CA

#27690 Aug 29, 2013
I could see this coming from a mile away. You start letting women pray in General Conference and they'll start to get upperdy.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/5...

Oh, the shame! Next they'll wanna start having a voice about their own lives!

Marysville, CA

#27691 Aug 29, 2013
"In April, the LDS Church responded to the Ordain Women movement by emphasizing that God loves both genders equally."

Reminds me of "Animal Farm" "All animals are equal, just some are more equal than others."

George Orwell would be proud.
Anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#27692 Aug 29, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
"In April, the LDS Church responded to the Ordain Women movement by emphasizing that God loves both genders equally."
Reminds me of "Animal Farm" "All animals are equal, just some are more equal than others."
George Orwell would be proud.
Actually we do believe everyone is equal

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27693 Aug 29, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Let's have a contest. Let's see how many lies and deceptions the LDS church put in this new series of videos?
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865585429/...
Everyone can play along.
I get this game. You made a deceptive lie already. You meant to say let's see how many lies and deceptions you can convince others of that you claim exist in these videos.
But I'm game to listen. Why don't you list five lies and 5 deceptions you claim exist in these videos and the rest of us will check sources to see if your a liar or if you're actually telling the truth.
Waiting...you began the game so get on with it :)

Marysville, CA

#27694 Aug 29, 2013
Anonymousnetruthteller wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we do believe everyone is equal
Really? Just how many female General Authorities do you have?

Marysville, CA

#27695 Aug 29, 2013
Muslims men tell that same lie also about Muslim women.

Since: Aug 13

United States

#27696 Aug 30, 2013
As to the OP, who cares?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27697 Aug 30, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Just how many female General Authorities do you have?
Equal means different things...

For instance how many men have babies and have their period?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27698 Aug 30, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Muslims men tell that same lie also about Muslim women.
You will reduce yourself to anything to convince someone you are a liar?

You don't have to spread any more lies... all a person has to do is look through this thread and find out you don't even believe in Genesis.

Marysville, CA

#27700 Aug 30, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal means different things...
For instance how many men have babies and have their period?
And how many men want to? None. Men don't get upset because they can't have babies, and they make fun of women because they have periods.

Marysville, CA

#27701 Aug 30, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You will reduce yourself to anything to convince someone you are a liar?
This is a question?
You don't have to spread any more lies... all a person has to do is look through this thread and find out you don't even believe in Genesis.
Whether I believe in Genesis or not has nothing to do with the fact that the women of the LDS church are second class citizens and have no say so in the church.
Anonymousnetruth teller

United States

#27702 Aug 30, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a question?
<quoted text>
Whether I believe in Genesis or not has nothing to do with the fact that the women of the LDS church are second class citizens and have no say so in the church.
Two words Relief Society it was the 1st organization run by wemen and Joseph Smith appointed the 1st leader
Anonymousnetruth teller

United States

#27703 Aug 30, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many men want to? None. Men don't get upset because they can't have babies, and they make fun of women because they have periods.
&nd we are taught wemen are equals

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 16 min tongangodz 27,072
(Mrs.) Marie Osmond Sat Call me JC - really 2
female snapchst users. Sat xragnerosx 1
Utah man, 77, charged for sunbathing nude Fri Sneaky Pete 9
last post wins! (Jul '11) Dec 18 Concerned_American 351
Utah Ophthalmologists Improve Vision During Cat... (Nov '13) Dec 16 Pavlos Lombardi 3
Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) Dec 12 Tagumpay 217

Avalanche Warning for Davis County was issued at December 21 at 5:17AM MST

North Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

North Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

North Salt Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Salt Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News