Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27520 Aug 14, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>But I gotta ask, if you aren't to be held to a Christian standard why do you keep trying to hold Dana to a Christian standard, since you both claim to be Christian.
The below is dana's response to you that I will go through and explain or 'clarify' for you.

"He wants to define "Christian standard" as one someone who doesn't get angry at the atrocities people commit in the name of God. Who should always be polite no matter how foul the act. But I can show you clearly a couple of places where Jesus did get angry with a righteous anger, where he used violence, and called names. He also is trying to avoid honest discussion of the problems with Mormonism by trying to steer the topic back to us instead of the LDS church. Which is why, for the most part, I have stopped responding to his posts."

The following is an lie. "He wants to define "Christian standard" as one someone who doesn't get angry at the atrocities people commit in the name of God." I have never made any such definement. I have spoken of "unnecessary anger" that is true. Like dana's abnormal hate and rage for a guy that's been dead for 160 years. An abnormal hate and rage that has made dana state he wishes he could have been part of the premeditated murderous mob that killed Smith and Hyrum so he could have murdered Smith himself. That's called an abnormal hate and rage. It's also abnormal for the amount of time that dana spends speaking about what dana thinks was Smith's sex life and whom Smith had sex with and it doesn't matter to dana if there is or isn't any evidence of said sex.
"Who (Christians) should always be polite no matter how foul the act." I never said any such thing. Another lie from Dana. I have said Christians should 'want' to be polite when possible. Everyone obviously experiences anger.
"Jesus did get angry with a righteous anger," This is true. But dana's anger isn't and hasn't been a 'righteous anger'. Dana's anger, hate and rage is purposeful and used to hopefully hurt other people's feelings in this thread. Dana can never show an instance where he used anger as Jesus did.
"But I can show you clearly ... where Jesus ... used violence, and called names." Dana can't compare the murderous rage and hate he has for Smith and the dark filthy names he's used for Smith and others in this thread to what Jesus did and said. There is no comparison there.
This is another out right pathetic lie from dana... "He also is trying to avoid honest discussion of the problems with Mormonism.." I challenge dana to prove his thoughts of Mormonism and he hates it when I do it. He has lied for months about Mormon history and has told twisted lies and has backed the statements of liars because he didn't research what they wrote to see if what was said was correct or not.
Need an example? He thinks Smith a sexual pervert of young girls. But he has no evidence. So he believes the Christian thing to do is to claim something true he can't prove true. Smith married over 30 females (most near his age, his age group and older) in a 3 year period. There is not a single 'love child' existing by descent of just one of those 30 females. But Smith had no problem making babies with Emma. And while Smith married 30 plus females in 3 years with not a single evident child birth, other elders married just several wives and were having babies left and right in the same time period. And many wives of Smith that were childless with him went on to remarry after his death. A year or more into that marriage and they began to have one or more kids. Dana won't consider any of those facts in his estimation of Smith. It's easier for the child in dana to brand Smith a sex pervert even if evidence is lacking. Thinking with objective reasoning is a weakness of dana's.
And yes, I do believe Smith consummated one or more of his marriages but I think they were few that did happen.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27521 Aug 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to ask lol? Dana claims he's an example of Christian standards. Would you like me to post a couple dozen statements from him of what he thinks are Christian standards so you can decide?
Yes friend I need to ask, as someone brought up the point that Christians are supposed to have a higher standard. My question is a standard of what? But since you don't claim to be Christian I don't expect you to have an answer. It's okay. But, I would think someone on this thread does think of themselves as Christian, so perhaps one of them could fill me in. I really don't think it is for me to decide since I'm not Christian. Apparently you don't agree?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27522 Aug 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Ashamed shows it most. Lately, I have tried to show it by not letting people pull me in their childish rantings while they post anything they can to try to get a response out of me. Me and Crazy are always polite and respectful to each other while disagreeing. Some are here just to disrupt, others to have honest debate. It can be found if you're looking.
I've witnessed some exchanges between Ashamed and Mouse where they are both condescending, juvenile, sarcastic or slightly civil. I've also witnessed them both be pleasant and full of compliments and other pleasantries. So what "shows"? Seems to me that they both come across as perhaps productive self assured, yet highly stressed women that this culture produces. Are you saying the Christian standard is to always be polite and respectful as you say you and Crazy are towards each other? If so, do you expect less from a non-Christian? I really am "looking" but if someone would articulate what it is, it would perhaps be easier for me to spot.{Enjoy the grammar project Crazy, I know it's your passion.}
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27523 Aug 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The below is dana's response to you that I will go through and explain or 'clarify' for you.
"He wants to define "Christian standard" as one someone who doesn't get angry at the atrocities people commit in the name of God. Who should always be polite no matter how foul the act. But I can show you clearly a couple of places where Jesus did get angry with a righteous anger, where he used violence, and called names. He also is trying to avoid honest discussion of the problems with Mormonism by trying to steer the topic back to us instead of the LDS church. Which is why, for the most part, I have stopped responding to his posts."
The following is an lie. "He wants to define "Christian standard" as one someone who doesn't get angry at the atrocities people commit in the name of God." I have never made any such definement. I have spoken of "unnecessary anger" that is true. Like dana's abnormal hate and rage for a guy that's been dead for 160 years. An abnormal hate and rage that has made dana state he wishes he could have been part of the premeditated murderous mob that killed Smith and Hyrum so he could have murdered Smith himself. That's called an abnormal hate and rage. It's also abnormal for the amount of time that dana spends speaking about what dana thinks was Smith's sex life and whom Smith had sex with and it doesn't matter to dana if there is or isn't any evidence of said sex.
"Who (Christians) should always be polite no matter how foul the act." I never said any such thing. Another lie from Dana. I have said Christians should 'want' to be polite when possible. Everyone obviously experiences anger.
"Jesus did get angry with a righteous anger," This is true. But dana's anger isn't and hasn't been a 'righteous anger'. Dana's anger, hate and rage is purposeful and used to hopefully hurt other people's feelings in this thread. Dana can never show an instance where he used anger as Jesus did.
"But I can show you clearly ... where Jesus ... used violence, and called names." Dana can't compare the murderous rage and hate he has for Smith and the dark filthy names he's used for Smith and others in this thread to what Jesus did and said. There is no comparison there.
This is another out right pathetic lie from dana... "He also is trying to avoid honest discussion of the problems with Mormonism.."
Need an example? He thinks Smith a sexual pervert of young girls. But he has no evidence. So he believes the Christian thing to do is to claim something true he can't prove true. Smith married over 30 females (most near his age, his age group and older) in a 3 year period. There is not a single 'love child' existing by descent of just one of those 30 females. But Smith had no problem making babies with Emma. And while Smith married 30 plus females in 3 years with not a single evident child birth, other elders married just several wives and were having babies left and right in the same time period. And many wives of Smith that were childless with him went on to remarry after his death. A year or more into that marriage and they began to have one or more kids. Dana won't consider any of those facts in his estimation of Smith. It's easier for the child in dana to brand Smith a sex pervert even if evidence is lacking. Thinking with objective reasoning is a weakness of dana's.
I'm well aware of your argument with Dana over "The Prophets" marriages to girls who you consider of appropriate age and Dana sees as perverted, seems a little off the topic regarding my post, so I don't see your point, but, you do appear to be letting Dana really get to you. I hate to say it, but it's ugly to watch and doesn't fit you well. Anyway, since you don't claim to be a Christian, and don't seem to know the answer either, as I mentioned before, I'll go with the response from the people who claim to be Christian.

Since: Sep 12

Ozark, MO

#27524 Aug 14, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I've witnessed some exchanges between Ashamed and Mouse where they are both condescending, juvenile, sarcastic or slightly civil. I've also witnessed them both be pleasant and full of compliments and other pleasantries. So what "shows"? Seems to me that they both come across as perhaps productive self assured, yet highly stressed women that this culture produces. Are you saying the Christian standard is to always be polite and respectful as you say you and Crazy are towards each other? If so, do you expect less from a non-Christian? I really am "looking" but if someone would articulate what it is, it would perhaps be easier for me to spot.{Enjoy the grammar project Crazy, I know it's your passion.}
My head is literally spinning...

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27525 Aug 14, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I've witnessed some exchanges between Ashamed and Mouse where they are both condescending, juvenile, sarcastic or slightly civil. I've also witnessed them both be pleasant and full of compliments and other pleasantries. So what "shows"? Seems to me that they both come across as perhaps productive self assured, yet highly stressed women that this culture produces. Are you saying the Christian standard is to always be polite and respectful as you say you and Crazy are towards each other? If so, do you expect less from a non-Christian? I really am "looking" but if someone would articulate what it is, it would perhaps be easier for me to spot.{Enjoy the grammar project Crazy, I know it's your passion.}
I can give the standard mentioned in the Bible, or are you more interested in just my opinion?

If you are looking for Biblical interpretation try this link:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-behavio... it is a pretty good response.

Marysville, CA

#27526 Aug 14, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I'm well aware of your argument with Dana over "The Prophets" marriages to girls who you consider of appropriate age and Dana sees as perverted, seems a little off the topic regarding my post, so I don't see your point, but, you do appear to be letting Dana really get to you. I hate to say it, but it's ugly to watch and doesn't fit you well. Anyway, since you don't claim to be a Christian, and don't seem to know the answer either, as I mentioned before, I'll go with the response from the people who claim to be Christian.
Well, you can see why that for the most part I have stopped responding to him. It has become pointless and of no use.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27527 Aug 14, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes friend I need to ask, as someone brought up the point that Christians are supposed to have a higher standard. My question is a standard of what? But since you don't claim to be Christian I don't expect you to have an answer. It's okay. But, I would think someone on this thread does think of themselves as Christian, so perhaps one of them could fill me in. I really don't think it is for me to decide since I'm not Christian. Apparently you don't agree?
It slipped by you but I was being sarcastic :)
A Christian worth their claim to being one I have noted over the past decades to be slow to anger, reluctant to judge others if there's no need for judgement, usually don't drink or maybe socially on occasion. May or may not smoke depending on how society feels about tobacco. They don't use drugs, they give respect where it's due and not due at times. Their usually polite and very conversational. The slip of the tongue and saying a cuss word is like a total bummer trip for them. Most are well articulated in their native language minus cussing. They don't usually think slandering others and speaking ill of others and swearing at others and thinking up the most nasty, foul, vicious thing to say of someone in hopes of hurting that person's feelings should be a part of their character. And they don't usually run about claiming they would murder or help murder any dead or living person because they think they deserve to be murdered. And they usually don't spend time talking about other peoples sex life. They're curious like any one but don't want to be accused of rumour mongering.
Those are some of the Christian standards I have noted from Alaska to Georgia in people that 'live' their Christian faith. Just to include the info, I have noted those same qualities in some atheists too :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27528 Aug 14, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I'm well aware of your argument with Dana over "The Prophets" marriages to girls who you consider of appropriate age and Dana sees as perverted, seems a little off the topic regarding my post, so I don't see your point, but, you do appear to be letting Dana really get to you. I hate to say it, but it's ugly to watch and doesn't fit you well. Anyway, since you don't claim to be a Christian, and don't seem to know the answer either, as I mentioned before, I'll go with the response from the people who claim to be Christian.
lol....I said nothing of 'appropriate ages'. That's your bad :) And I was addressing dana's post to you because of it's errors.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27529 Aug 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you can see why that for the most part I have stopped responding to him. It has become pointless and of no use.
Liar...lol. You stopped responding because A. you don't like it when I confront you with your sources that misuse information and B. because I confront your illogical reasoning of Mormon history and C. because I'll challenge your lies and twists of Mormon historical information. I have never confronted you when you spoke what was true and correct of Mormons/Mormon history.

Location hidden

#27530 Aug 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you can see why that for the most part I have stopped responding to him. It has become pointless and of no use.
Hey, have you seen any of the "families are forever, text me how" flyers in your area? They really don't realize what they are in for..
Qwerty

Indianapolis, IN

#27531 Aug 15, 2013
A Christian believes that Jesus is the Son of God and died for us and resurrected into Heaven and will come again to Judge the Living and the Dead. A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible and not some book written by some drunk in the U.S.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27532 Aug 16, 2013
Qwerty wrote:
A Christian believes that Jesus is the Son of God and died for us and resurrected into Heaven and will come again to Judge the Living and the Dead. A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible and not some book written by some drunk in the U.S.
This is a lie. "A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible.." Jesus said no such thing and neither did a single apostle/disciple that "A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible.." That's a teaching of men, not God. God never once in the OT or the NT ever told his followers they were to maintain a belief in a set of writings in a book and nothing else. Never said, never written by God.
Men put the word's of God in a book form. Than men stated "A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible.." But neither God, Jesus, the apostles/disciples of God ever made any such claim so it's a lie. A man made lie. It's a traditional saying and nothing more.
Get your facts straight.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27533 Aug 16, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, have you seen any of the "families are forever, text me how" flyers in your area? They really don't realize what they are in for..
They're not dumb. Those in the church behind the flyers understand those with demented, perverse, vile, sarcastic and rude disrespectful thinking will text as they think as you and dana are excellent examples of what I describe :)

Marysville, CA

#27534 Aug 16, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet, missionaries are too scared to come to my neighborhood. No white people here but me.

Marysville, CA

#27535 Aug 16, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be willing to mail me one so I don't have to go to the local ward to get one?

Location hidden

#27536 Aug 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Would you be willing to mail me one so I don't have to go to the local ward to get one?
I think it's in test markets..LOL
So, how long do you think it will take the lizards to realize what a train wreck this is?

Marysville, CA

#27537 Aug 16, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's in test markets..LOL
So, how long do you think it will take the lizards to realize what a train wreck this is?
Who knows. Look how long it took them to realize that door to door sales doesn't work. Every other business gave it up in the 60's

Marysville, CA

#27538 Aug 18, 2013
We Agree With Moroni 8:18 - Explanation

Qwerty

Indianapolis, IN

#27541 Aug 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a lie. "A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible.." Jesus said no such thing and neither did a single apostle/disciple that "A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible.." That's a teaching of men, not God. God never once in the OT or the NT ever told his followers they were to maintain a belief in a set of writings in a book and nothing else. Never said, never written by God.
Men put the word's of God in a book form. Than men stated "A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible.." But neither God, Jesus, the apostles/disciples of God ever made any such claim so it's a lie. A man made lie. It's a traditional saying and nothing more.
Get your facts straight.
it is you who are the deceiver! Christians believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the will and the word of God. Jesus declared that the Bible expresses God's authority and commandments for all mankind. Jesus declared that the Bible is the imperishable and unbreakable word of God. Jesus declared that the Bible is true and without error. Jesus declared that the Bible is accurate, both historically and scientifically. Jesus certified that the New Testament is divinely inspired and infallible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man hospitalized after allegedly abusing girlfr... (Aug '10) Sat TIHALEFEVRE 32
News Teen Pleads Guilty to Raping, Murdering 12-Year... Fri Busted 7
Farminton's Don Quixote Dec 14 fred 2
News Mormon temple construction generating buzz in U... (Apr '11) Dec 12 tongangodz 39
News Nurse Arrested For Refusing To Take Blood From ... Dec 10 SARAHP 45
trump erodes protected monuments to corporations Dec 7 Wild Bill 4
stupid utah drivers (Feb '08) Dec 7 Ma Kettle 124

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages