Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27352 Jul 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're at best an idiot.
1. The Mormon church does not follow the God of Abraham in any way, shape or form. They only hijack his name.
2. If you had taken the time to read the Bible you would have known 1. So don't begin to think you can tell others what is in it.
3. Your definition of "Christian" is even more ignorant than your understanding of scripture, and even more evidence you haven't read the Bible.
The infighting only shows there is a debate on meaning, and if you don't want to be a part of it, feel free to leave. We're not killing each other here, only disagreeing. Don't be a child.
Amazingly I agree with you of his idiocy but he actually had a couple of good points.
But neither do you follow the God of Abraham in any shape or form. And you hijack his name all the time not knowing who you worship.
You have never read the Bible. You have tore it apart and slaughtered it's contents as irrelevant. You have no idea where God begins in the Bible and where he ends in it.
So it's best you not tell others you know about the Bible you have sliced and diced as lies and fairytales and myths.
And because you're not a Christian by it's definition, that leaves you to being a wannabe Christian as you wish to define the word.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27353 Jul 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing your best in Mormonism is never enough, you only achieve salvation by being perfect:
"Eternal life hangs in the balance awaiting the works of men. This process toward eternal life is a matter of achieving perfection. Living all the commandments guarantees total forgiveness of sins and assures one of exaltation through the perfection which comes by complying with the formula the Lord gave us... Being perfect means to triumph over sin. This is a mandate from the Lord. He is just and wise and kind. He would never require anything from his children which was not for their benefit and which was not attainable. Perfection therefore is an achievable goal." (Miracle of Forgiveness, p. 208)
"In the context of the spirit of forgiveness, one good brother asked me, "Yes, that is what ought to be done, but how do you do it? Doesn't that take a superman?''Yes,' I said,'but we are commanded to be supermen. Said the Lord,'Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.'(Matt. 5:48.) We are gods in embryo, and the Lord demands perfection of us.'" (p. 286)
Doing "your best" isn't good enough:
"The Lord will not translate one's good hopes and desires and intentions into works. Each of us must do that for himself." (p. 8)
"There is one crucial test of repentance. This is abandonment of the sin.... In other words, it is not real repentance until one has abandoned the error of his ways and started on a new path... The saving power does not extend to him who merely wants to change his life." (p. 163)
"That is why we should not wait for the life beyond but should abandon evil habits and weaknesses while in the flesh on the earth. Elder Melvin J. Ballard pinpointed this problem: A man may receive the priesthood and all its privileges and blessings, but until he learns to overcome the flesh, his temper, his tongue, his disposition to indulge in the things God has forbidden, he cannot come into the celestial kingdom of God-he must overcome either in this life or in the life to come. But this life is the time in which men are to repent. Do not let any of us imagine that we can go down to the grave not having overcome the corruptions of the flesh and then lose in the grave all our sins and evil tendencies. They will be with us. They will be with the spirit when separated from the body. Clearly it is difficult to repent in the spirit world of sins involving physical habits and actions. There one has spirit and mind but not the physical power to overcome a physical habit. He can desire to change his life, but how can he overcome the lusts of the flesh unless he has flesh to control and transform? How can he overcome the tobacco or the drink habit in the spirit world where there is no liquor nor tobacco and no flesh to crave it? Similarly with other sins involving lack of control over the body." (p. 163)
"Perfection really comes through overcoming... Christ became perfect through overcoming. Only as we overcome shall we become perfect and move toward godhood. As I have indicated previously, the time to do this is now, in mortality".(pp. 209-210)
Like all members, you lie to yourself about what the LDS church is really teaching you. Members are either honest about it, or pretend to not have to think about it. But the above poster was right, you are never good enough.
Since you're taking the above literal, you prove you don't read the Bible because God/Jesus (according to your twisted logic) also literally commanded followers to not only be perfect but to be holy and blameless in the old and new testament times.

Matt 5:48 Be you therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Leviticus 19:2 "Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them:'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy.
Deuteronomy 18:13 You must be blameless before the LORD your God.
FMU

United States

#27354 Jul 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're at best an idiot.
1. The Mormon church does not follow the God of Abraham in any way, shape or form. They only hijack his name.
2. If you had taken the time to read the Bible you would have known 1. So don't begin to think you can tell others what is in it.
3. Your definition of "Christian" is even more ignorant than your understanding of scripture, and even more evidence you haven't read the Bible.
The infighting only shows there is a debate on meaning, and if you don't want to be a part of it, feel free to leave. We're not killing each other here, only disagreeing. Don't be a child.
1. The Mormon church DOES follow the God of Abraham. You are just pissy because they do it different than you.
2. I have read the Bible in its entirety, with the correct translations(not that KJV crap).
3. "Christ-like", is not my definition of the word "Christian", it is the actual definition.
4. You would not have used the word infighting, unless you were admitting that you are all branches of the same religion.
5. You have been killing each other for thousands of years.

Get your head out of your idiot pastors/priests/preachers/rabb is/monks butt, and learn something on your own.

BTW, if you accept the Bible, as being holy(and true), you will know that Christ actually says which church should be followed(History made that out to be a lie).

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27355 Jul 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
But as you can see. Mormons want to think they can earn their place in His kingdom, reject the grace of Jesus Christ.
...once again you so willing prove not only do you not read the Bible, you don't comprehend what you read when you read it. The below speak nothing of the saving grace of Jesus as you twist Jesus's own words into slithering snake like lies and you will be held accountable for what you say to mislead others.

Matthew 10:41 Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive ...
Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and whoever
welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous ...
//bible.cc/matthew/10-41.htm - 19k
Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the ...
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they
have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten....
//bible.cc/ecclesiastes/9-5.ht m - 19k
Matthew 5:12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in ...
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the
same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you....
//bible.cc/matthew/5-12.htm - 18k
Luke 6:23 "Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is ...
"Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven....
Yes, leap for joy! For a great reward awaits you in heaven....
//bible.cc/luke/6-23.htm - 18k
Revelation 22:12 "Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me ...
"Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give
to each person according to what they have done....
//bible.cc/revelation/22-12.ht m - 18k
Matthew 5:46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you ...
If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are ... If you love
only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even ...
//bible.cc/matthew/5-46.htm - 17k
1 Corinthians 3:14 If what has been built survives, the builder ...
If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.... If
the work survives, that builder will receive a reward....
//bible.cc/1_corinthians/3-14. htm - 18k
1 Corinthians 9:18 What then is my reward? Just this: that in ...
..... What then is my reward?... What then is my reward?...
//bible.cc/1_corinthians/9-18. htm - 20k
1 Corinthians 9:17 If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if ...
If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily,
I am simply discharging the trust committed to me....
//bible.cc/1_corinthians/9-17. htm - 19k
FMU

United States

#27356 Jul 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazingly I agree with you of his idiocy but he actually had a couple of good points.
But neither do you follow the God of Abraham in any shape or form. And you hijack his name all the time not knowing who you worship.
You have never read the Bible. You have tore it apart and slaughtered it's contents as irrelevant. You have no idea where God begins in the Bible and where he ends in it.
So it's best you not tell others you know about the Bible you have sliced and diced as lies and fairytales and myths.
And because you're not a Christian by it's definition, that leaves you to being a wannabe Christian as you wish to define the word.
I love how you "agree" with the poster on my "idiocy", and continue to agree with me. You simply can't bring yourself to admit that an atheist could possibly be correct about anything. I know your book, and history better than you, and most likely anyone you know. You guys need to be careful, you are trying to goad me into a debate in a subject, about which, you are completely unarmed....

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27357 Jul 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm washed by the blood of Christ. You threats are just clanging bells meaning nothing.
I'm a threat to you?

ahahaha... that is hysterical. Only thing I've ever said is a promise I will testify to Christ regarding your actions on judgement day.

If you take that as a threat then um... ok it's a threat.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27358 Jul 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm washed by the blood of Christ. You threats are just clanging bells meaning nothing.
No you weren't. You've undid anything you think you accomplished with all the negative trash talking foul garbage black hearted saying you have thought of to say. You have wished for murder, you praised murder and you said you would have committed the murder if you'd been there. You stated the early Mormons got everything they deserved which includes rape of girls and women, assaults, beatings, murders the burning of their buildings and being ran off of land they legally owned. You have stated you are glad for what the early saints suffered and had it coming.
You are washed by no blood of Jesus. You have washed yourself in the blackest, darkest, filthiest influences of the god you continue to prove you'd rather serve then the God of light and truth. Your words and statements of utter dark filth prove which god you serve.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27360 Jul 28, 2013
FMU wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The Mormon church DOES follow the God of Abraham. You are just pissy because they do it different than you.
2. I have read the Bible in its entirety, with the correct translations(not that KJV crap).
3. "Christ-like", is not my definition of the word "Christian", it is the actual definition.
4. You would not have used the word infighting, unless you were admitting that you are all branches of the same religion.
5. You have been killing each other for thousands of years.
Get your head out of your idiot pastors/priests/preachers/rabb is/monks butt, and learn something on your own.
BTW, if you accept the Bible, as being holy(and true), you will know that Christ actually says which church should be followed(History made that out to be a lie).
1. The God of Abraham isn't a glorified man who has thousands of wives that he is screwing to create spirit babies. He isn't a racist that created black people so Satan can have a representative on Earth. He wasn't once a man who became a God by following rules that seem to change from day to day. He didn't screw his daughter Mary to create Jesus. Don't be a simpleton.

2. Reading the Bible and understanding the message are two different subjects. Mormons read it also and reject the clear teachings of salvation by the grace of Jesus Christ alone.

3. "Christ-like" is only a part of the definition.

4. I used the word because it was your term, not mine. Silly ass word games does not make you right. Mormonism has nothing to do with the body of Christ set up by Jesus Christ 2,000 yrs ago.

5. I haven't killed anyone, so my hands are clean. And to be honest, I serious doubt even that any of the Mormons here have taken the life of anyone in the name of their faith. So get off your high horse, and get a clue.

But please tell us all what church you think Christ told us to be members of. I would just love to hear that.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27361 Jul 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a threat to you?
ahahaha... that is hysterical. Only thing I've ever said is a promise I will testify to Christ regarding your actions on judgement day.
If you take that as a threat then um... ok it's a threat.
Who claimed you were a threat, moron? You make threats, but you are just a joke to be pitied as even a human being. You're so ignorant you can't keep up with your own conversations. You're part of the reason California schools are so screwed up. You can't learn from idiots and morons just out to get a paycheck.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27362 Jul 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
...once again you so willing prove not only do you not read the Bible, you don't comprehend what you read when you read it. The below speak nothing of the saving grace of Jesus as you twist Jesus's own words into slithering snake like lies and you will be held accountable for what you say to mislead others.
Matthew 10:41 Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive ...
Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and whoever
welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous ...
//bible.cc/matthew/10-41.htm - 19k
Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the ...
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they
have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten....
//bible.cc/ecclesiastes/9-5.ht m - 19k
Matthew 5:12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in ...
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the
same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you....
//bible.cc/matthew/5-12.htm - 18k
Luke 6:23 "Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is ...
"Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven....
Yes, leap for joy! For a great reward awaits you in heaven....
//bible.cc/luke/6-23.htm - 18k
Revelation 22:12 "Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me ...
"Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give
to each person according to what they have done....
//bible.cc/revelation/22-12.ht m - 18k
Matthew 5:46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you ...
If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are ... If you love
only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even ...
//bible.cc/matthew/5-46.htm - 17k
1 Corinthians 3:14 If what has been built survives, the builder ...
If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.... If
the work survives, that builder will receive a reward....
//bible.cc/1_corinthians/3-14. htm - 18k
1 Corinthians 9:18 What then is my reward? Just this: that in ...
..... What then is my reward?... What then is my reward?...
//bible.cc/1_corinthians/9-18. htm - 20k
1 Corinthians 9:17 If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if ...
If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily,
I am simply discharging the trust committed to me....
//bible.cc/1_corinthians/9-17. htm - 19k
Well, yeah, dumbass, if you avoid all the verses that clearly say that salvation is by the grace of Jesus Christ alone, of course you won't read them. You get more ignorant by the minute. It's amazing you can tie your own shoes, Forest.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27363 Jul 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a threat to you?

ahahaha... that is hysterical. Only thing I've ever said is a promise I will testify to Christ regarding your actions on judgement day.

If you take that as a threat then um... ok it's a threat.
You're a teacher? Or you're retired?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27364 Jul 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a teacher? Or you're retired?
No, I am not a teacher. I never said I was a teacher. I didn't get my education in California. Dana is making things up again.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27365 Jul 28, 2013
This was the conversation:
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember you WILL be judged on judgement day. You are being seen. I for one will stand as a witness and testify about everything you have said and done on this thread... and everything I know about you.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm washed by the blood of Christ. You threats are just clanging bells meaning nothing.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a threat to you?
ahahaha... that is hysterical. Only thing I've ever said is a promise I will testify to Christ regarding your actions on judgement day.
If you take that as a threat then um... ok it's a threat.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who claimed you were a threat, moron? You make threats, but you are just a joke to be pitied as even a human being. You're so ignorant you can't keep up with your own conversations. You're part of the reason California schools are so screwed up. You can't learn from idiots and morons just out to get a paycheck.
Don't know where Dana comes up with half the crap he says.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27366 Jul 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>No, I am not a teacher. I never said I was a teacher. I didn't get my education in California. Dana is making things up again.
Oh..so where did Dana get this? Where did you get your education? You used to he a teacher?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27367 Jul 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>This was the conversation:

Dana Robertson wrote, "<quoted text>
I'm washed by the blood of Christ. You threats are just clanging bells meaning nothing."

sportxmouse wrote, "<quoted text>
I'm a threat to you?
ahahaha... that is hysterical. Only thing I've ever said is a promise I will testify to Christ regarding your actions on judgement day.
If you take that as a threat then um... ok it's a threat."

Dana Robertson wrote, "<quoted text>
Who claimed you were a threat, moron? You make threats, but you are just a joke to be pitied as even a human being. You're so ignorant you can't keep up with your own conversations. You're part of the reason California schools are so screwed up. You can't learn from idiots and morons just out to get a paycheck."

Don't know where Dana comes up with half the crap he says.
Were you a teacher before you retired?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27368 Jul 28, 2013
Humanity is doomed if a loony toon like you is teaching it's children.. Please tell me you weren't.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27370 Jul 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh..so where did Dana get this? Where did you get your education? You used to he a teacher?
He made it up. He doesn't have a clue who I am or anything about me. Just like me made up I am Carol. I have a lot of kids, I have no kids.

No I was never a teacher. I never said I was. He guessed I was... I told him I was not.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27371 Jul 28, 2013
She also claims she isn't Carol either, but we know what total BS that is.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27372 Jul 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
She also claims she isn't Carol either, but we know what total BS that is.
Well, it is like talking to a crazy version of Sybil

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27373 Jul 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
She also claims she isn't Carol either, but we know what total BS that is.
But ..a teacher??? How tragic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are you in Pain? Hmu at 62-022-02269 for a hookup 13 hr Snowbitch 2
News Nurse Arrested For Refusing To Take Blood From ... 22 hr reality42 44
News Couple who won $10,000 worth of groceries charg... Tue Pardon Pard 1
stupid utah drivers (Feb '08) Nov 19 Rod 122
Farminton's Don Quixote Nov 15 MAX 1
specialized bicycle Problem Nov 15 JammedTrailBike 1
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages