Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27243 Jul 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Cut back hours so the poor can stay poorer, and needing the government tit for health care. God forbid they should ever feel self sufficient and self reliant. Yep that's what Jesus would do. So much for people helping people, and throw in the irony that as Republicans also, they demand people become self reliant and get off the nanny state. Just as long as they don't have to take up the slack. But they can pat themselves on the back and pretend they are actually making a difference, as if they give a damn. They have condos and malls to build.
The money spent on the mall was not from tithing fund... it was part of investment fund... and it was a business strategy. Too bad you do not agree with it.

The Church officials are not stupid... they look forward and try to prepare for the future. Helping businesses in the mall to stay in business and also receive lease monies for from the businesses in the mall doesn't seem like they invested in a loss leader.

It's not like they bought the building and kicked out all the businesses and all the workers. They saved many jobs, and many businesses from going out of business and eventually bankrupt.

What is the problem with that?

You don't know heck about business strategies continually bringing this up like the Church did something wrong... it is not a crime to investment in purchasing a mall.

Dude... it's not your money why is this a problem for you?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27245 Jul 21, 2013
Mormon church to end door-to-door missionary practice

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/articl...

The Mormon church finally catches up to the 60's. There is a reason companies stopped door to door selling back then, it didn't work. But, the Mormon church needed busy work for their elders to do, so they keep them on a program that for the most part didn't work.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27246 Jul 21, 2013
Shhh..there are protected pedophiles in LD$ inc.

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/child-a...

Location hidden

#27247 Jul 21, 2013
And they admit to running a prison camp..it's an absolutely dreadful place.

http://utahboysranchwra.wordpress.com/2013/07...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27248 Jul 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Mormon church to end door-to-door missionary practice
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/articl...
The Mormon church finally catches up to the 60's. There is a reason companies stopped door to door selling back then, it didn't work. But, the Mormon church needed busy work for their elders to do, so they keep them on a program that for the most part didn't work.
So, to you it is ok for someone to pull guns on these people who are in the service of the Lord?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27249 Jul 21, 2013
NoMo wrote:
MEMBERS of the Church are responsible for their own actions.

IF THEY DO WRONG THEY SHOULD SUFFER CONSEQUENCES. MEMBERS are separate entities from the CHURCH.

GET IT?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27250 Jul 21, 2013
What do these things have to do with the topic?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27251 Jul 21, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Yeah, they should just come out and state what is like you and dana did when you subscribed two preteen Mormon girls as rape meat for illegal non-Mormon marriages.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27252 Jul 21, 2013
NoMo wrote:
And that makes them bad? You by virtue of paying taxes support the running of state and federal prisons for juveniles and adults where rape, assault and murder take place from guards to inmates and from inmates to inmates by the tens to hundreds of thousands. And you'll fault a Mormon ran camp for kids ran by active, non-active and non-Mormons and blame crimes on the church committed by employees? Why am I not surprised at your on going hypocrisy.

Location hidden

#27253 Jul 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, they should just come out and state what is like you and dana did when you subscribed two preteen Mormon girls as rape meat for illegal non-Mormon marriages.
You are seriously fcuked up in the head

Location hidden

#27254 Jul 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>And that makes them bad? You by virtue of paying taxes support the running of state and federal prisons for juveniles and adults where rape, assault and murder take place from guards to inmates and from inmates to inmates by the tens to hundreds of thousands. And you'll fault a Mormon ran camp for kids ran by active, non-active and non-Mormons and blame crimes on the church committed by employees? Why am I not surprised at your on going hypocrisy.
A camp???? You don't have a clue.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27255 Jul 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
A camp???? You don't have a clue.
lol.

I bet that makes you mad that he DOES have a clue.

Marysville, CA

#27256 Jul 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
And sadly it wasn't the first time, probably won't be the last time.

Marysville, CA

#27257 Jul 22, 2013
One was a General Authority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Lee

Marysville, CA

#27258 Jul 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are seriously fcuked up in the head
When you can't defend the filth of what the LDS church is, BS is all you have left. They are like little monkeys in a cage throwing their poo, hoping some will hit.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27259 Jul 22, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
One was a General Authority.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Lee
"On September 1, 1989, the Church announced that Lee had been excommunicated for "apostasy and other conduct unbecoming a member of the Church."

THE CHURCH can not FORCE one to act as they should.
The CHURCH is an entity and
The MEMBER is a separate entity.

THE MEMBER has a responsibility to do his duty which is follow God's Commands and statutes... if he doesn't then he will be excommunicated or dealt with as the Church did in this case.

I don't understand your point.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27260 Jul 22, 2013
The Church TEACHES.
The Member Chooses.

If the member chooses wrongly... they can ask for forgiveness (that's why Jesus Christ died for everyone) but some situations where the member steps over the boundaries the Church has to excommunicate or other.

The Church is doing that.

You can not expect the Church to follow around each member and ensure they are doing their duty. That is what judgement day is for.

Marysville, CA

#27261 Jul 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
"On September 1, 1989, the Church announced that Lee had been excommunicated for "apostasy and other conduct unbecoming a member of the Church."
THE CHURCH can not FORCE one to act as they should.
The CHURCH is an entity and
The MEMBER is a separate entity.
THE MEMBER has a responsibility to do his duty which is follow God's Commands and statutes... if he doesn't then he will be excommunicated or dealt with as the Church did in this case.
I don't understand your point.
Good question, so I will respond. The church claims it's leaders are chosen by the power of the Holy Ghost. Why would God choose a child molester to be a General Authority? I say he wouldn't. Proof that Mormonism is all BS.

Ozark, MO

#27262 Jul 22, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Good question, so I will respond. The church claims it's leaders are chosen by the power of the Holy Ghost. Why would God choose a child molester to be a General Authority? I say he wouldn't. Proof that Mormonism is all BS.
I'd like to respond to your opinion. It seems that you expect 100% perfection from the LDS Church leaders. To be perfect and always remain perfect. That just isn't the case. Firstly, none of us are perfect, not even the "Lord's chosen." None of us are immune to the human condition, or life's temptations. We all have our weaknesses, and the leaders of the Church are no exception. They can succumb and fall to temptation just like any of us. I'm not making any allowances. I'm just stating fact.

Marysville, CA

#27263 Jul 22, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to respond to your opinion. It seems that you expect 100% perfection from the LDS Church leaders. To be perfect and always remain perfect. That just isn't the case. Firstly, none of us are perfect, not even the "Lord's chosen." None of us are immune to the human condition, or life's temptations. We all have our weaknesses, and the leaders of the Church are no exception. They can succumb and fall to temptation just like any of us. I'm not making any allowances. I'm just stating fact.
I agree that even the leaders are allowed to be human. But growing up LDS I had it drilled in my head over and over again that the leaders just wasn't picked, they were chosen by God through the Holy Ghost, in short, by God. If that were true, it is a legit question to ask how God can choose a child molester to be one of the leaders of his church. And I do demand a higher standard from Joseph Smith since he was the one claiming to be having revelation directly from God. His actions after such a claim deserve to be examined as fruit from the tree. You can't claim divine intervention and then fall back on "they are just human" when we all know that God knows the heart. They are the one raising the bar, they should be the ones setting the standards. God should know if they have met those standards. Lee didn't start molesting children that late in his age, I can promise you that. That is the first time he was caught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Tue ray 42
News A police officer ruined their Subway business, ... Aug 14 Overgrownelf79 1
So what's going on with Paul Swenson? Aug 13 Jescrane 2
I love Utah farts Aug 11 JuicyNoodles 1
Prostitutes In Valley Fair Mall.. (Oct '08) Aug 9 Slcnaked 57
why did hamulin get excommunicated Aug 8 kim kardashian 1
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Aug 8 Covenant6080 52

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages