Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32097 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26803 Jun 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Gay marriages in the temple will be here soon! HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHAAA!!!!!! !!!!
That seems so wrong... the USA is about free agency

(right?)

Why would they "Force" a Church to let people marry in a temple, or in a temple if they are not worthy?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26804 Jun 27, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>This year I went to welcome our youth into "Zion". I have to say that it was actually one of the more spiritual experiences that I have had in quite some time. My oldest didn't want to go on the trek, so I didn't force it.
Even those not of the LDS faith have to see how strong the pioneer women were. To be honest, if I had lived back then I probably would not have been Mormon.
Almost ALL religions have faced some type of persecution, and the pioneers of each are what brought it forth. Doesn't matter the faith, there is something to be said for the pioneers of them all.
Agreed!

I can't imagine going through the atrocities and persecutions they did just so you can practice freedom of religion.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26805 Jun 27, 2013
If gay people come in large groups and sit on the benches at Church... I would welcome them!

That does not mean that I believe that Christ wants homosexuality.

The Bible states it over and over again what is right and what is wrong. However, we are to be Christlike... and I think Christ would welcome anyone who dressed and acted appropriately at Church. Who had pure intent another words.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26806 Jun 27, 2013

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26807 Jun 27, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
If gay people come in large groups and sit on the benches at Church... I would welcome them!
That does not mean that I believe that Christ wants homosexuality.
The Bible states it over and over again what is right and what is wrong. However, we are to be Christlike... and I think Christ would welcome anyone who dressed and acted appropriately at Church. Who had pure intent another words.
Really? That's good, because I know of a gay rights group that is planning on having a kiss in at temple square to celebrate the new Supreme Court ruling.

Marysville, CA

#26808 Jun 27, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Accusations don't make you right. I would not light the fire under anyone for wanting to learn about Christ and having a Bible. I know what you are that doesn't mean I would burn you or anyone.
No, I don't believe people are leaving in "droves"; however, those who do leave have their free agency.
Good, because there is a whole lot of "free agency" going on.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26809 Jun 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's good, because I know of a gay rights group that is planning on having a kiss in at temple square to celebrate the new Supreme Court ruling.
Are they going there to worship or to celebrate and taunt?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26810 Jun 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, because there is a whole lot of "free agency" going on.
Yep!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26811 Jun 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
I can't imagine going through the atrocities and persecutions they did just so you can practice freedom of religion.
Not ashamed:

Thankfully those that came before us led the way.

Marysville, CA

#26812 Jun 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they going there to worship or to celebrate and taunt?
Temple Square is a place to promote Mormonism now. They don't even have General Conference there. There is no worshiping going on.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26813 Jun 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Temple Square is a place to promote Mormonism now. They don't even have General Conference there. There is no worshiping going on.
So, what you are saying is the gay kissing celebration is a form of taunting and disrespecting Church grounds.

Marysville, CA

#26814 Jun 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you are saying is the gay kissing celebration is a form of taunting and disrespecting Church grounds.
Yes, just like the LDS church donating all that money to stop gays from having equal rights in California was disrespecting human rights.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26815 Jun 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, just like the LDS church donating all that money to stop gays from having equal rights in California was disrespecting human rights.
You are so disrespectful of Heavenly Father.

Location hidden

#26816 Jun 28, 2013
You sheep are being scammed. WAKE UP!

http://mormondisclosures.blogspot.com/2013/06...

Marysville, CA

#26817 Jun 28, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so disrespectful of Heavenly Father.
The Mormon church is anything but God.

Location hidden

#26818 Jun 28, 2013
So, prop H8 is now officially dead..all that money wasted on hatred, sad isnt it? That money could have padded your profits pockets a bit more...gone towards another mall or hunting lodge or something. People are getting married in California right now. Do you feel hoodwinked yet?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26819 Jun 28, 2013
NoMo wrote:
So, prop H8 is now officially dead..all that money wasted on hatred, sad isnt it? That money could have padded your profits pockets a bit more...gone towards another mall or hunting lodge or something. People are getting married in California right now. Do you feel hoodwinked yet?
The only hatred I see is you and Dana hating Mormonism. You can't accept that being honorable and following commandments is a good thing.

You are the prejudiced. Not I, not the Church! You are the only saying The entire Mormon Church is full of bigots. You are the ones not accepting us.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26820 Jun 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mormon church is anything but God.
And, you are anything but a Christian. Have fun when you go to hell for preaching against God... for threatening to crucify him yourself for the teachings YOU choose not to accept or believe in, even the ones from the Bible.

Word of advise: Work on yourself before condemning God's Church.
Dana

Merced, CA

#26821 Jun 29, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
And, you are anything but a Christian. Have fun when you go to hell for preaching against God... for threatening to crucify him yourself for the teachings YOU choose not to accept or believe in, even the ones from the Bible.
Word of advise: Work on yourself before condemning God's Church.
I will, the day I condemn God's church. But today I condemn the Devils church, Mormonism.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26822 Jun 29, 2013
Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
I will, the day I condemn God's church. But today I condemn the Devils church, Mormonism.
Your a scorn apostate Mormon... your credibility means nothing!

And, if you condemn the Devils Church...

WHY did
-> you, Dana Robertson said, you would "Crucify Jesus Christ himself" for the teachings in the Bible that YOU decided were not true?
-> you, Dana Robertson said, you would "kill his prophets"?
-> you, Dana Robertson called God the Father a "bastard", a "pig", "retarded"...?
-> you, Dana Robertson have declare that you do not believe in the Bible, that Genesis is a Myth?

//

That sounds to me like you are on the wrong side. You can claim whatever you want... but this forum has your statements in the post history.

You won't get far lying about what you have said... I just want you to know you are being seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) 14 hr ladydtoosweet 114
I was a visitor Fri visitor 1
Prostitutes In Valley Fair Mall.. (Oct '08) Fri putz pence AWOL 56
Jason chaffetz leaving congress Fri LAVON AFFAIR 3
News These Are the Wealthiest Small Towns in America Fri srhino 2
The Many God's of Mormonism Apr 27 Christian 3
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages