Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26735 Jun 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about you sleezy hooker?
Not Ashamed,

I apologize to you for saying that to you. I was having a bad day and it was inappropriate for me to take it out on you.

We as Latter-day Saints should be a better examples.

It is no more right for me to call you names as it is for you to taunt me.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26736 Jun 22, 2013
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>So you expect to live good enough so you can show God your list at the end of life? Isn't that what the Pharisees were all about? The only people that are saved by the GRACE of God are those that realize no matter what they do it will never be enough. That is where humble before God comes in at and where by GRACE you are saved. Strange God waited 1850 years after the death of Christ to show the world the "true" word of God as claimed by the Morons.
If you are speaking to me about me actions... that's between me and God. I took a break and came in here to just now to apologize to not ashamed. That was humbling myself and thank you for noticing.

If you are speaking to me about opinions and beliefs. I do not believe that anyone is saved by grace alone.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26737 Jun 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are speaking to me about me actions... that's between me and God. I took a break and came in here to just now to apologize to not ashamed. That was humbling myself and thank you for noticing.
If you are speaking to me about opinions and beliefs. I do not believe that anyone is saved by grace alone.
Then you don't follow the Bible.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26738 Jun 22, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't follow the Bible.
lol... you don't even believe in the Bible.

There is accountability for actions. That means your actions, your efforts, your willingness to follow commands of the Lord.

It's a marvelous thing to think that our actions, our obedience to God's commands in all things will be looked at past what we display on the surface to others.

Saying you have Grace does not give you Grace. Your actions, thoughts, true intents will be seen... not your words alone.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26739 Jun 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, at least you look it up...most of these zombies have been forbidden. I really don't need your encyclopedia entry for John Dehlin or his wife.
Those crypt keepers need to hit the nursing home, permanent vacation...Their gig is up. It's the only direction they can go..their "softened(bullshit) stance and change of tactics is further proof of the corner they have once again, backed themselves into. How long will this take? There's been more progress the last 4-5 years than in decades..prop h8 will be their downfall,or their change.
There are plenty of members right now who agree with the JDs out there, how many will stay if the church allows PaKKKer-types to thrive and be their voice? That scam using religion as a tax haven picked the wrong minority to target. Their arrogance is their downfall.
Not a matter of being forbidden, it's a matter of having a comfort zone and liking it not disturbed. When Peter lied and the membership heard of it, people then are like people now, some ignored the news because they didn't want to contemplate it's deeper possible meanings. When the early church apostles were dying off left and right, many members didn't want to think what would happen to their church without apostles to lead it.
This church isn't going to fold or change policies. A million people could quit in a year and this church would adjust to it. Most of the leaders of this church, females included began as missionaries and worked themselves up through positions during their life time. Those once young missionaries are today's lizards as you call them. The young missionaries of today will be those lizards in another 40 years.
This church is learning to live with societies changes in how it approaches homosexuality. Society and theism were once hand in hand of thought and deed concerning homosexuality. Society has distanced itself from theistic influences now more then ever. This church is realizing it can still reject homosexuality as it rejects other 'things' it calls sins while living with how society is changing. That's all that's happening.

Location hidden

#26740 Jun 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Not a matter of being forbidden, it's a matter of having a comfort zone and liking it not disturbed. When Peter lied and the membership heard of it, people then are like people now, some ignored the news because they didn't want to contemplate it's deeper possible meanings. When the early church apostles were dying off left and right, many members didn't want to think what would happen to their church without apostles to lead it.
This church isn't going to fold or change policies. A million people could quit in a year and this church would adjust to it. Most of the leaders of this church, females included began as missionaries and worked themselves up through positions during their life time. Those once young missionaries are today's lizards as you call them. The young missionaries of today will be those lizards in another 40 years.
This church is learning to live with societies changes in how it approaches homosexuality. Society and theism were once hand in hand of thought and deed concerning homosexuality. Society has distanced itself from theistic influences now more then ever. This church is realizing it can still reject homosexuality as it rejects other 'things' it calls sins while living with how society is changing. That's all that's happening.
If they actually believe a little tweaking and rebranding is enough for now..enough to hide from the inevitable(like they did with black people)..that's what they are doing. And it won't work. Exodus rebrand is totally suspect, and that's being generous. It's actually disgusting. Evergreen changed websites.. The concessions that cult and every other hate group is doing is exactly what hate groups do when they feel threatened. They regroup.

Marysville, CA

#26741 Jun 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
lol... you don't even believe in the Bible.
And neither do you.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26743 Jun 23, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
If they actually believe a little tweaking and rebranding is enough for now..enough to hide from the inevitable(like they did with black people)..that's what they are doing. And it won't work. Exodus rebrand is totally suspect, and that's being generous. It's actually disgusting. Evergreen changed websites.. The concessions that cult and every other hate group is doing is exactly what hate groups do when they feel threatened. They regroup.
At one time the LGBT fought by legal means to get equality. Than members/supporters of LGBT decided doing as had been done to them was the way to 'tweak' and 'rebrand' their methodology for gaining equality besides the use of the law.
So they became what the opposition had always been, haters, bigots and prejudicial a-holes. The LGBT/supporters decided to use malevolence, bullying and verbal and even physical abuse to people and property of those opposing them and or just simply being in disagreement.
The LGBT/supporters(as yourself)are now stained with the same hate and fear mongering malevolent mental and physical assults that have stained the opposition.
The LGBT/supporters like yourself have become what the opposition was and still is. Full of hypocrisy, negative hateful bigoted prejudicial judgemental malevolent bullying tactics.
The soul/spirit of the LGBT and supporters like you are now as blackened by filthy thought and or deed as is with the opposition. The LGBT and supporters like you no longer support a fight for something good and well. The LGBT and supporters like you fight because you enjoy the negative, filthy, derogatory, bullying prejudicial, judgemental, bigoted, selfish, malevolent actions that come with this fight.
You've lost all sense of purpose and have become what the other side has been for thousands of years. And you're liking it.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26744 Jun 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And neither do you.
Whatever!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26745 Jun 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And neither do you.
Actually by Christian standards yes, she does believe in the Bible while believing in other writings. And the proof of this is that she accepts all the books of the Bible as they are set forth in the Bible.
On the other hand you don't believe in the Bible as it is set forth. You have stated you reject Genesis and who knows what other books of the Bible you may also reject. Therefore you don't believe in the Bible. You believe in what you want to believe in and determine by those beliefs that you're a Christian.
Unfortunately for you, the base discription of a Christian is one that accepts the Bible as it is WITHOUT rejecting any books in it.

Marysville, CA

#26746 Jun 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually by Christian standards yes, she does believe in the Bible while believing in other writings. And the proof of this is that she accepts all the books of the Bible as they are set forth in the Bible.
On the other hand you don't believe in the Bible as it is set forth. You have stated you reject Genesis and who knows what other books of the Bible you may also reject. Therefore you don't believe in the Bible. You believe in what you want to believe in and determine by those beliefs that you're a Christian.
Unfortunately for you, the base discription of a Christian is one that accepts the Bible as it is WITHOUT rejecting any books in it.
One person who doesn't know the Bible supporting another person who doesn't know the Bible. Same old BS.

Marysville, CA

#26747 Jun 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever!
It's true.

Location hidden

#26748 Jun 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>At one time the LGBT fought by legal means to get equality. Than members/supporters of LGBT decided doing as had been done to them was the way to 'tweak' and 'rebrand' their methodology for gaining equality besides the use of the law.
So they became what the opposition had always been, haters, bigots and prejudicial a-holes. The LGBT/supporters decided to use malevolence, bullying and verbal and even physical abuse to people and property of those opposing them and or just simply being in disagreement.
The LGBT/supporters(as yourself)are now stained with the same hate and fear mongering malevolent mental and physical assults that have stained the opposition.
The LGBT/supporters like yourself have become what the opposition was and still is. Full of hypocrisy, negative hateful bigoted prejudicial judgemental malevolent bullying tactics.
The soul/spirit of the LGBT and supporters like you are now as blackened by filthy thought and or deed as is with the opposition. The LGBT and supporters like you no longer support a fight for something good and well. The LGBT and supporters like you fight because you enjoy the negative, filthy, derogatory, bullying prejudicial, judgemental, bigoted, selfish, malevolent actions that come with this fight.
You've lost all sense of purpose and have become what the other side has been for thousands of years. And you're liking it.
The backlash? The difference is the cult is full of hate and lies, hence the back tracks..the truth sets you free.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26749 Jun 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true.
I ensure you... it is not true, and you are an idiot.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26751 Jun 24, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
One person who doesn't know the Bible supporting another person who doesn't know the Bible. Same old BS.
lol...somemore of your trash talk to avoid what was stated, how common of you.
Many people that believe in God and or call themselves Christians BELIEVE in the Bible and most have never read the entire book all the way through a single time. These people will usually admit to not knowing what is and isn't true in the Bible but, because they believe in God they believe in the Bible AS IT IS.
A lesser portion of people claiming a belief in God, discriminate or pick a part the Bible so what they actually believe are certain books within the Bible but have no actual belief in the Bible as it is. That is you. A self declared wannbe Christian that picks a part a book you have no actual belief in. But you have no problem believing in various books that make up the Bible because you don't believe in the Bible as a whole book of scripture.
You are not a Christian by the actual definition because to be a real Christian, one has to believe in Jesus and has to know Jesus is the same god of the OT and the NT books. You don't believe it. You don't believe God authored Genesis and who knows how many other books. You are not a Christian by the definition used for over a thousand years. You're a self made self proclaiming believer in God. But you are in no way a Christian. You have proven that over and over and over...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26752 Jun 24, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
The backlash? The difference is the cult is full of hate and lies, hence the back tracks..the truth sets you free.
...yes, the backlash. The LGBT and you/supporters have became what the opposition has been. The LGBT and you/supporters have become full of hate, rage, lies, filthy derogatory speech and bullying tactics accompanied with mental/physical violence on persons/property. And the LGBT and you/supporters think you're full of truth and justice by wearing a cloak of hate, anger, rage, lies, filthy derogatory speech and bullying tactics accompanied with mental/physical violence on persons/property. Like the opposition, YOU DEMAND that people agree with how you think OR ELSE suffer the consequences for having a differing opinion.
And your idea of what truth is has been muddied by all the negative hate and rage and negative feelings you expound.
And where is the backtracking this church has done that society hasn't been doing for the last 40 years strong and with other various Christian religions backtracking right along with society? And you find fault that this church is no longer fighting the civil aspect that other religions and society quit fighting against? fighting what society once fought?

Location hidden

#26753 Jun 24, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>...yes, the backlash. The LGBT and you/supporters have became what the opposition has been. The LGBT and you/supporters have become full of hate, rage, lies, filthy derogatory speech and bullying tactics accompanied with mental/physical violence on persons/property. And the LGBT and you/supporters think you're full of truth and justice by wearing a cloak of hate, anger, rage, lies, filthy derogatory speech and bullying tactics accompanied with mental/physical violence on persons/property. Like the opposition, YOU DEMAND that people agree with how you think OR ELSE suffer the consequences for having a differing opinion.
And your idea of what truth is has been muddied by all the negative hate and rage and negative feelings you expound.
And where is the backtracking this church has done that society hasn't been doing for the last 40 years strong and with other various Christian religions backtracking right along with society? And you find fault that this church is no longer fighting the civil aspect that other religions and society quit fighting against? fighting what society once fought?
Wtf are you babbling about? You want to compare pride parades and legal battles to real hatred and evil?
Here's real hatred..and not just the crazy man who claimed responsibility..but by the community, it's religious leaders, the press, the cops...everyone. This is the ugliness and horror of majority rule, of minority oppression. You can go bananas all you want but again...it's the truth that makes your bleached brain explode.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26754 Jun 24, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf are you babbling about? You want to compare pride parades and legal battles to real hatred and evil?
Here's real hatred..and not just the crazy man who claimed responsibility..but by the community, it's religious leaders, the press, the cops...everyone. This is the ugliness and horror of majority rule, of minority oppression. You can go bananas all you want but again...it's the truth that makes your bleached brain explode.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
I wasn't babbling. I made a comparison of what you complain about concerning the opposition and how you have taken on those same characteristics.
You also stated the LDS church is backtracking. I asked how. I see no backtracking. I see a growing acceptance of new laws concerning homosexuality in our society. But having that acceptance doesn't mean it has to personally change it's oppositional position to homosexuality.

Location hidden

#26755 Jun 24, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't babbling. I made a comparison of what you complain about concerning the opposition and how you have taken on those same characteristics.
You also stated the LDS church is backtracking. I asked how. I see no backtracking. I see a growing acceptance of new laws concerning homosexuality in our society. But having that acceptance doesn't mean it has to personally change it's oppositional position to homosexuality.
They don't have to change..they can go down with the klan if they choose..what backtracking??? Allowing gay people to remain members as long as they are celibate..it used to be immediate ex-communication. Saying its not a choice?? Ask PaKKKer...Evergreen rebrands?? I heard someone at a splc event stand up and say they were physically tortured with electricity by them in 2006
What the bleach in your brain has hidden from you is the congregation of that cult is changing..if the lizards continue their evil hate, the members will leave, if they don't change. People are sick of those old bigots.

Location hidden

#26756 Jun 24, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>They don't have to change..they can go down with the klan if they choose..what backtracking??? Allowing gay people to remain members as long as they are celibate..it used to be immediate ex-communication. Saying its not a choice?? Ask PaKKKer...Evergreen rebrands?? I heard someone at a splc event stand up and say they were physically tortured with electricity by them in 2006
What the bleach in your brain has hidden from you is the congregation of that cult is changing..if the lizards continue their evil hate, the members will leave, if they don't change. People are sick of those old bigots.
Saying they support a state wide anti discrimination law in Utah while NEVER getting behind any of the 9 bills that have been presented...thus blocking even debate of the bill..
Saying they will not persue anymore gay marriage laws anywhere, while sending a message with the likes of Fred phelps to the SCOTUS..saying this while sending its GAs to speak at celebrate marriage, eagle forum(too many to name here)events..where they say in no uncertain terms that anti discrimination laws are a gateway to gay marriage..hence why they will never be passed in Utah.
Want some more backtracks and lies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 4 min NoMo 27,106
Utah man, 77, charged for sunbathing nude 8 hr -Lea- 11
(Mrs.) Marie Osmond Sat Call me JC - really 2
female snapchst users. Sat xragnerosx 1
last post wins! (Jul '11) Dec 18 Concerned_American 351
Utah Ophthalmologists Improve Vision During Cat... (Nov '13) Dec 16 Pavlos Lombardi 3
Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) Dec 12 Tagumpay 217

Avalanche Warning for Davis County was issued at December 22 at 5:38AM MST

North Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

North Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

North Salt Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Salt Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News