Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 20 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26682 Jun 15, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Your simple-minded postings, showing hatred of anybody who doesn’t agree with you:
‘If you're so offended, feel free to move on and go someplace else. It's a big internet. But stop whining like a little child. But I think you're just full of crap, as usual.’
‘And you support hatred and bigotry, idiot.’
‘Yes, we hate evil teachings. Why don't you?’
So, it makes sense that’d you’d post your hatred against me, and of course it’s all BASED ON STUPIDITY. That explains why you want us to just go away - you know you’ve been exposed as a liar.
If loving thy neighbor is stupidity, I'll gladly be stupid. If you use and abuse the Gospel of Jesus Christ to hurt your fellow man, you are not Christian.

Marysville, CA

#26683 Jun 15, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple-minded.
Not the topic.
Pathetic attempt to deceive.
Yes, dumb-dumb, there are laws in some states.
You're really not competent to be commenting on this.
There is no law in the Bible against love. We're talking about homosexuals, you were preaching about it, how is that not "on topic?"

Since: Sep 12

Ava, MO

#26684 Jun 15, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
:-D!!!

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#26685 Jun 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no law in the Bible against love. We're talking about homosexuals, you were preaching about it, how is that not "on topic?"
The foremost thing in your life is your ego, and you’ll twist anything rather than ever admit you were wrong.
First you said there was no law, then changed it to no law in the Bible, and you’re still wrong about it.
You’ll sink to any level, like accusing me of using the Gospel. You haven’t even got the guts to admit that all I did was quote the Bible ON THE SUBJECT.
You may think you’re fooling others, but only yourself.

Marysville, CA

#26686 Jun 15, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
The foremost thing in your life is your ego, and you’ll twist anything rather than ever admit you were wrong.
First you said there was no law, then changed it to no law in the Bible, and you’re still wrong about it.
You’ll sink to any level, like accusing me of using the Gospel. You haven’t even got the guts to admit that all I did was quote the Bible ON THE SUBJECT.
You may think you’re fooling others, but only yourself.
When posting here, I was referring to the law in scripture. I sorry I have to spell everything out for you. We are talking about the Bible. What does the law of the land have to do with that?
You quote the Bible on the subject, but leave out the higher laws of loving your neighbor, loving your enemy, love covering a multitude of sin, Christ having died for all sin, that there is no breaking of the law in love, that love is more important then faith and hope.
Yes, I sink to the level of the grace of Jesus Christ.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26687 Jun 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>When posting here, I was referring to the law in scripture. I sorry I have to spell everything out for you. We are talking about the Bible. What does the law of the land have to do with that?
You quote the Bible on the subject, but leave out the higher laws of loving your neighbor, loving your enemy, love covering a multitude of sin, Christ having died for all sin, that there is no breaking of the law in love, that love is more important then faith and hope.
He prefers to cling to the hate..makes him feel better, looking down his nose

Marysville, CA

#26688 Jun 15, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
He prefers to cling to the hate..makes him feel better, looking down his nose
"Do unto others" must not be written in his Bible.

Location hidden

#26689 Jun 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>"Do unto others" must not be written in his Bible.
He prefers to cherry pick hate instead of love

Marysville, CA

#26690 Jun 15, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
He prefers to cherry pick hate instead of love
It's ashamed so many people do.
hasdrt

Pittsburgh, PA

#26691 Jun 16, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……………… What Guys Expect
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#26692 Jun 16, 2013
The gay lovers sure like to throw the word hate around. Whatever. The gay peeps will never marry in temples and will never be recognized as families by Mormons. It's not hate. It's factual belief in nuclear family values. Get over it whiny annoying rainbow underwear sporting parade marching flamboyant dorks.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#26693 Jun 16, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
. Get over it whiny annoying rainbow underwear sporting parade marching flamboyant dorks.
Well, that is certainly the most Christlike statement I've ever seen. Sigh........

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26694 Jun 16, 2013
2 Timothy 3:1-3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

2 Timothy 3:4

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Marysville, CA

#26695 Jun 16, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
The gay lovers sure like to throw the word hate around. Whatever. The gay peeps will never marry in temples and will never be recognized as families by Mormons. It's not hate. It's factual belief in nuclear family values. Get over it whiny annoying rainbow underwear sporting parade marching flamboyant dorks.
And Mormons are always crying "persecution". By the way, you should be the last person on earth to make fun of another's underwear.

Location hidden

#26696 Jun 16, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
Beats the hell out of Pioneer Day
..it's hate. Total hate.

Location hidden

#26697 Jun 16, 2013
For the heathens it's pie and beer day, btw...and a night of watching fireworks start wildfires
Not provided

Salt Lake City, UT

#26698 Jun 16, 2013
The mormons believe that a person should dress up in a suit and tie to go to church, but Christ was very much against pride and material possessions. There are many lower and working class people that cannot afford to purchase a suit and tie, so the dress code automatically excludes them. The bible seems to be very much against material items but the mormon church by having a dress code like this is not following this principle.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#26699 Jun 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
When posting here, I was referring to the law in scripture. I sorry I have to spell everything out for you. We are talking about the Bible. What does the law of the land have to do with that?
Your biggest sin is lying - Satan is the Father of Lies.

Marysville, CA

#26700 Jun 17, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Your biggest sin is lying - Satan is the Father of Lies.
Your biggest sin is ignorant of the message of Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#26701 Jun 17, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>Your biggest sin is lying - Satan is the Father of Lies.
http://joyreactor.com/post/284352

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News POLYGAMY: Utah Co. prosecutors want to see 'big... (Sep '10) 1 hr My nephew held ho... 6
colette draeger May 2 RANSOM PRIDE 1
laura black Apr 29 hhhhhh 1
jews Apr 29 RANSOM PRIDE 1
Review: CMC Heating And Air Conditioning Apr 27 Kurt Cooks 2
Obama is pure evil. Apr 24 goodness 1
Centurylink really sucks Apr 24 dman 1
More from around the web

North Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]