Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26696 Jun 16, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
The gay lovers sure like to throw the word hate around. Whatever. The gay peeps will never marry in temples and will never be recognized as families by Mormons. It's not hate. It's factual belief in nuclear family values. Get over it whiny annoying rainbow underwear sporting parade marching flamboyant dorks.
Beats the hell out of Pioneer Day
..it's hate. Total hate.

Location hidden

#26697 Jun 16, 2013
For the heathens it's pie and beer day, btw...and a night of watching fireworks start wildfires
Not provided

Salt Lake City, UT

#26698 Jun 16, 2013
The mormons believe that a person should dress up in a suit and tie to go to church, but Christ was very much against pride and material possessions. There are many lower and working class people that cannot afford to purchase a suit and tie, so the dress code automatically excludes them. The bible seems to be very much against material items but the mormon church by having a dress code like this is not following this principle.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#26699 Jun 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
When posting here, I was referring to the law in scripture. I sorry I have to spell everything out for you. We are talking about the Bible. What does the law of the land have to do with that?
You quote the Bible on the subject, but leave out the higher laws of loving your neighbor, loving your enemy, love covering a multitude of sin, Christ having died for all sin, that there is no breaking of the law in love, that love is more important then faith and hope.
Yes, I sink to the level of the grace of Jesus Christ.
Your biggest sin is lying - Satan is the Father of Lies.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26700 Jun 17, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Your biggest sin is lying - Satan is the Father of Lies.
Your biggest sin is ignorant of the message of Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#26701 Jun 17, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>Your biggest sin is lying - Satan is the Father of Lies.
http://joyreactor.com/post/284352

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#26702 Jun 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your biggest sin is ignorant of the message of Jesus Christ.
And that from somebody who twists the Word of God to suit his agenda. Doesn't work that way.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#26703 Jun 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
2 Timothy 3:1-3
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2 Timothy 3:4
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8

For there is not one man upon the earth who doeth good and sinneth not. Eccles 7:20

Yet everyone sins in some degree, and hence no one may properly call others to repentance without including himself. Spencer Kimball

Marysville, CA

#26704 Jun 18, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
And that from somebody who twists the Word of God to suit his agenda. Doesn't work that way.
There is no twisting the love of Jesus.

Romans 7:6-7, "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

2 Corinthians 3:6, "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

Matthew 23:23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and [a]cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness;
Seli

United States

#26705 Jun 18, 2013
Mormons are idiot who pray to a polygamist god who literally fathered our spirits in the Pre existence with his many wives. Ignorant cult!! God is eternal, he created us. He didn't sleep with women in heaven and fathered our spirits. Lmaooo

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26706 Jun 18, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8
For there is not one man upon the earth who doeth good and sinneth not. Eccles 7:20
Yet everyone sins in some degree, and hence no one may properly call others to repentance without including himself. Spencer Kimball
What are you talking about you sleezy hooker?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26707 Jun 18, 2013
I accused NO ONE... I quoted a scripture from a Biblical movie I was watching at the time.

I thought it was insightful. Apparently, you took the "scripture" from the bible to mean "YOU".

YOU are so vein!

YOU think everything is about you!

... MY sin MY errs are between me and God, not you.

Location hidden

#26708 Jun 18, 2013
Now that the bigots have left...this is the future of your church. The lizards need to wake up or die off..but most of all, they need to apologize and make sure none of this evil discrimination ignorance ever happens again. They need to make amends, there are literally millions who have been harmed. Countless families have lost loved ones due to the lies spread by those old fools. It's a start though..way better than the "we love you but you must remain celibate and without love to be a part of us" crap the official mormonsandgays.org/com (I forget) and "mormons building bridges" says.
http://www.mormonsforequality.org/

“I will not keep calm”

#26709 Jun 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about you sleezy hooker?
You.

“I will not keep calm”

#26710 Jun 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
I accused NO ONE... I quoted a scripture from a Biblical movie I was watching at the time.
I thought it was insightful. Apparently, you took the "scripture" from the bible to mean "YOU".
YOU are so vein!
YOU think everything is about you!
... MY sin MY errs are between me and God, not you.
LOL. Did I touch a nerve? You know, contention is of the devil. You should pray on that.
Show some love every once in a while. I promise it doesn't hurt.

Location hidden

#26711 Jun 18, 2013
$20 million for iPads for missionaries, makes them easier to track...while the slc temple is surrounded by homeless kids. Wth??? Throw in the mall, prop 8 and telling the neighborhood surrounding the MTC they MUST sustain and stop complaining about that giant monstrosity being built in their back yards..You members need to overthrow the lizards, they are determined to take you down with them..

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php...

Marysville, CA

#26712 Jun 18, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> LOL. Did I touch a nerve? You know, contention is of the devil. You should pray on that.
Everybody in this life gives me something to be thankful for. With Carol, I'm thankful I'm not related to her.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26713 Jun 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody in this life gives me something to be thankful for. With Carol, I'm thankful I'm not related to her.
Me too... I'm so glad I'm not related to you.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26714 Jun 19, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> You.
You are such an idiot!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26715 Jun 19, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> LOL. Did I touch a nerve? You know, contention is of the devil. You should pray on that.
YOU are a sicko...
YOU LIE and say God accepts Homosexuality...
THEN YOU tell ME to show YOU some LOVE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News These two 'Gilmore Girls' stars just posted a p... Thu GREG 3
Jayden Sterzer (Apr '16) Jul 19 White 54 25
Review: Anna Trupp Lcsw (Jun '14) Jul 14 Speakout 8
News Christopher Muther/Globe Staff Christopher Muth... Jul 14 Tea Bag Residue C... 2
Coffee leads to longer life and better health, ... Jul 13 Bull Durham 3
News UTA PARATRANSIT: UTA says Paratransit riders ma... (Feb '10) Jul 12 Tyler 4
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Jul 9 BAMA 119

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages