Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31994 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26649 Jun 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're so offended, feel free to move on and go someplace else. It's a big internet. But stop whining like a little child. But I think you're just full of crap, as usual.
lol...you can just never quit...lol. that post is some more of the childish mentality happening you just can't contain...lol. And proof of you lack of reading comprehension skills. I never said I was "...so offended...". lol...you can't even address what I stated correctly. You have to take what was said and twist it and lie about it to make a response to prove you're always full of BS instead of actual truth. You go dude...lol

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26650 Jun 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't be a problem if you weren't teaching hate towards gays from the crib.
Some more factual proof from your lips dripping brown BS to prove the extreme measures you'll use to outright lie about to make such a childish, immature point.
Next, most people don't 'hate' homosexuals. Hate is something that you personally think, eat and sleep 24/7 just like nomo. That is what makes you two such wonderful buddies, you both have so much hate, anger and rage boiling inside you. It's your common thread. Thus you and nomo don't make sound, reasonable judgements of others as most normal thinking people do. Your judgements of others are colored with thick black dark red hate, anger and rage.
See, most people 'reject'(not hate) homosexuality. A person can reject something without having to hate it. You and nomo don't understand that fact because anything you two reject is based on your absolute need to hate. And this overly extreme statement from you is all the factual proof I need to prove your mentality based on hate rage and anger... "...if you weren't teaching hate towards gays from the crib."

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26652 Jun 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Some more factual proof from your lips dripping brown BS to prove the extreme measures you'll use to outright lie about to make such a childish, immature point.
Next, most people don't 'hate' homosexuals. Hate is something that you personally think, eat and sleep 24/7 just like nomo. That is what makes you two such wonderful buddies, you both have so much hate, anger and rage boiling inside you. It's your common thread. Thus you and nomo don't make sound, reasonable judgements of others as most normal thinking people do. Your judgements of others are colored with thick black dark red hate, anger and rage.
See, most people 'reject'(not hate) homosexuality. A person can reject something without having to hate it. You and nomo don't understand that fact because anything you two reject is based on your absolute need to hate. And this overly extreme statement from you is all the factual proof I need to prove your mentality based on hate rage and anger... "...if you weren't teaching hate towards gays from the crib."
A god damned total idiot, you are. Can't even be honest about yourself. You're a complete loser and waste of human flesh. A worthless tit.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26653 Jun 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you support hatred and bigotry, idiot.
And you support, promote, foster, urge, breath, teach the supreme extreme extent of hate, rage, anger, bitterness, self serving judgemental prejudicial bigotry you pathetic ignorant Christian wannabe. You have used homosexual slurs to berate others with and then in a clear definition of hypocrisy you do hypocritical turn about and claim to support homosexuality. You have some real issues dude, just saying.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26654 Jun 14, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
You made some very intelligent comments.
I think itÂ’s obvious that not all gay men or straight men are molesters, and I made that clear in my statements. That was a ridiculous statement made by somebody desperate to attack the truth by twisting what I said.
Good point about kids being picked on.
Another good point - the NEEDS of the kids are infinitely more important than the WANTS of the adults.
It seems like we have a reverse-discrimination situation, where straight couples and kids are punished by gays in positions of power, which would prove my comment that people who choose to be gay have built their choice on a foundation of hate.
That is a good point.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26655 Jun 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we hate evil teachings. Why don't you?
lol...sadly your idea of evil has a lot to be considered. In summary because of how disrespectfully you have spoke of people in your past and claimed how they weren't a good influence to you when younger, but harmed you, you indirectly have categorized your parents as evil, most all adults that knew you who were Mormon as evil, the Mormon church "a thing" as being evil, dead people as being evil, living people as being evil etc, etc.
You don't even know how to differentiate the word 'evil' with teaching.
You yourself have stated 'evil' teachings/statements of murder and mayhem on the dead and living. Your words quote un quote. " I have said that killing Smith was the right thing to do, only that it should have been done sooner." Smith wasn't killed. Smith was murdered while trying to defend himself from a mob that thought he and his buds were unarmed. The mob had murderous intent and you have plainly supported that murder of Smith and his brother. Thus as jesus said it, you're a murderer in thought. And according to Jesus, if you think it you have done it. So you long after Smith was dead with your mind mentally murdered him again. I have a question since you have stated/insinuated it's a good, healthy and well thing to murder people in your mind, did you teach your daughter this teaching you so soundly believe is a good thing to think?
And before you go off on one of your ignorant rants, please remember that it was Christian ministers with your type of godless thinking that helped and were there to plan out the murder of unarmed men. And then those same Christian men like yourself they sacked the city. And they raped girls and women and beat men and the elderly. They robbed and stole and burned homes and destroyed buildings and forced the Mormons from Nauvoo. That's the mentally sick twisted deranged thinking/actions you so love to support and stand up for as well and right and having God's full approval to your thinking. And if you doubt those things, I suggest you do some historical reading from pro and con sources about the aftermath happenings to Nauvoo and it's Mormons.
And before you begin to justify the actions of all those good Christian men, why don't you sit with your daughter and explain your view of what those Christian men did to people and property was godly and just and a good thing and see if she agrees.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26656 Jun 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
A god damned total idiot, you are. Can't even be honest about yourself. You're a complete loser and waste of human flesh. A worthless tit.
lolol....really? Then you mean I wasted that post on another pathetic lie of your's? You did state..."It wouldn't be a problem if you weren't teaching hate towards gays from the crib." That was YOUR STATEMENT. You did state in your opinion/belief that from the crib Mormon parents (single or married) began to teach kids in the crib that have the ability to listen and understand to hate and detest and loathe homosexuals. Thus implying that as soon as the child had verbal skills to understand with, the Mormon parent(s) take said child(s) out to show them examples of homosexuals and taught them they must always hate and detest them, maybe even to beat the *hit out of one opn a now and then basis and to always reject them as a human/person with hate and rage and anger. You mean you lied and that isn't what you meant when you stated... "IT WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM IF YOU WEREN'T TEACHING HATE TOWARDS GAYS FROM THE CRIB." Is that why I touched a nerve? Because you were lying about what you said?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26657 Jun 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And some info for you Mr. Extremist, hate is a very powerful word. Most people that use it in a sentence never use it for it's actual true definition. They use the word in a 'loose' sense to just make a point be it rational or irrational.
That said, how you used the word in this statement... "It wouldn't be a problem if you weren't teaching hate towards gays from the crib." ...you actually meant to use the word with it's real definition. And that's because you actually irrationally believe in nothing but a totally dishonest twisted lie that Mormon parents teach their children from a toddler age upwards to hate and detest anything homosexual. And that comes from your extreme idiocy train of thought.
So what I said was correct, you just don't like to deal with actual facts. There are a minority of people including Mormons in just America and most of that minority being Christians like you that teach actual hate for homosexuals to their children. But what you do is you take that minority and pretend it's the majority. That's called lying and not being honest.
But you like being pathetically extreme in your comments even if their a lie and or a twisted lie, either way you don't care as long as you make some irrational extreme point.

Location hidden

#26658 Jun 14, 2013
A museum using the same excuse for being bigots...it's soo funny, how the backlash reaction is always "shocking"
They(most of you)actually expect people to take this and not react..And that's the thing..it's not just about the serious stuff anymore, the suicides, hospital, benefits, inheritance, tax exemptions..god the list is endless..it's about every little thing you ignorant bigots do..

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/06/14/2158...

Location hidden

#26659 Jun 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
A museum using the same excuse for being bigots...it's soo funny, how the backlash reaction is always "shocking"
They(most of you)actually expect people to take this and not react..And that's the thing..it's not just about the serious stuff anymore, the suicides, hospital, benefits, inheritance, tax exemptions..god the list is endless..it's about every little thing you ignorant bigots do..

Immigration, reparative therapy for Children and adults, homeless gay kids kicked out of their homes, bullying...

Sparta, MO

#26660 Jun 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>A god damned total idiot, you are. Can't even be honest about yourself. You're a complete loser and waste of human flesh. A worthless tit.
You know what's funny? I think you'd miss him if he were to stop posting. I know when I've gotten on here and certain people I've gone back and forth with aren't here, or they haven't responded, I'm disappointed. We're a sick bunch I tell you. Something is seriously lacking.

Location hidden

#26661 Jun 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Immigration, reparative therapy for Children and adults, homeless gay kids kicked out of their homes, bullying...
THE SUICIDES
denise

Las Cruces, NM

#26662 Jun 14, 2013
the current day prophet is the president of the church. all churches have a president and a quarem the president of the roman church is called a pope and his quarem is the cardenals

Location hidden

#26663 Jun 14, 2013
Federal, state and local non-discrimination ordinances...can you imagine being fired or evicted, simply because of who you love? Do you know how absolutely insane and horrible all of you sound when you try to justify ANY of this?

Sparta, MO

#26664 Jun 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Federal, state and local non-discrimination ordinances...can you imagine being fired or evicted, simply because of who you love? Do you know how absolutely insane and horrible all of you sound when you try to justify ANY of this?
I haven't read anyone on here justifying any of this. Not anyone. Nor have I heard anyone bring it up besides you. Stirring the pot...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26665 Jun 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
You come back with a news article about a right wing religious couple that disagrees with homosexuality and charges the homosexual couple more for fees? That's your example of the terrible happenings to homosexuals by right wing theists? Ahhh you're letting me down nomo lol.

Marysville, CA

#26666 Jun 14, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what's funny? I think you'd miss him if he were to stop posting. I know when I've gotten on here and certain people I've gone back and forth with aren't here, or they haven't responded, I'm disappointed. We're a sick bunch I tell you. Something is seriously lacking.
You could be right, but I'm not going to respond to the stupidity he posted tonight. Truth is, I get more and more tired of him everyday. It's a lost cause. That is even more true with Carol, who is just a lunatic.

Marysville, CA

#26667 Jun 14, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read anyone on here justifying any of this. Not anyone. Nor have I heard anyone bring it up besides you. Stirring the pot...
Then you haven't been here in a while. No Surprise blames the gay teens and gay teen support groups for the suicides, not the institutions creating the hate.

Good to see you back tonight. Are you working late?

Sparta, MO

#26668 Jun 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>You could be right, but I'm not going to respond to the stupidity he posted tonight. Truth is, I get more and more tired of him everyday. It's a lost cause. That is even more true with Carol, who is just a lunatic.
I miss Pearl. I wish she'd come back.

Sparta, MO

#26669 Jun 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Then you haven't been here in a while. No Surprise blames the gay teens and gay teen support groups for the suicides, not the institutions creating the hate.

Good to see you back tonight. Are you working late?
No. Thank goodness. Just catching up before I go to sleep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William Edward Puckett 1 hr Carol 16
The Pucketts 18 hr Carol 1
I wish it wasn't like this May 25 Missing You 1
Apartments that forbid pitbulls in So SLC May 23 Anonymous 3
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) May 23 10uhsee 66
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) May 23 j locs 72
Aparments in Salt Lake City May 22 Mac 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages