Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26097 May 28, 2013
Look at you trying to run away from yonder flame.

Listen... unless you're an atheist, Adam and Eve were black.

So you wanna be an athiest? Go right ahead.

You're just proving you don't really acknowledge God.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You destroyed the value of your entire post on the above fallacy of thought. Science HAS NEVER, EVER, proved Adam and Eve were black and or Africans. That was an out right lie on your part.
The first Adam and Eve to true science were hairy bent over primates that just left the jungle for the Savannah's of Africa. Those primates weren't from the garden of Eden. Neither were they wearing sins of furs made by God. And they didn't farm and build cities etc.
You have a racist view point that Adam and Eve were black. It's that simple.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26098 May 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
5a. Liar. Owth is used several times in just the OT and the word MARK is used as a translation of what owth meant in those verses. Twice I supplied verses for you.

Osirica replies:

"mark"
occurs 37 times in 36 verses in the KJV

the Hebrew &#1488;&#1493;&#14 65;&#1514; ('owth), which occurs 79 times in 77 verses in the Hebrew concordance of the KJV.

ONLY one verse are they used together.

This stupid mark of CAIN passage!

AV — sign(s) 60, token(s) 14, ensign(s) 2, miracles 2, mark 1

that is a number ONE in case you can't count.

CHECK MATE MORON!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26099 May 28, 2013
concerned in Egypt wrote:
Above should have rad and yes for the first time in this thread you are right I get around.
Anyway some more LDS Racist History as if the above did not suffice.
The Mormon Church and the Negro Race
JOHN TAYLOR
Third Prophet and President of the Mormon church from 1880 - 1887
“….after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham’s wife, as he had married a wife of the seed. And why did it pass though the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have representation upon the earth as well as God;….”
Journal of Discourses, Vol. 22, page 304
“When he [Satan] destroyed the inhabitants of the antediluvian worlds, he suffered a descendant of Cain to come through the flood in order that he might be properly represented upon the earth.”
Journal of Discourses, Vol. 23, page 336
JOSEPH FIELDING SMITH Tenth Prophet and President of the Mormon church from 1970 - 1972
“I would not want you to believe that we bear any animosity toward the negro.‘Darkies’ are wonderful people, and they have their place in our church.”
Look magazine, October 22, 1963, page 79
“There is a reason why one man is born black and with other disadvantages, while another is born white with great advantages. The reason is that we once had an estate before we came here, and were obedient, more or less, to the laws that were given us there. Those who were faithful in all things there received greater blessings here, and those who were not faithful received less …. There were no neutrals in the war in heaven. All took sides either with Christ or with Satan. Every man had his agency there, and men received rewards here based upon their actions there, just as they will receive rewards hereafter for deeds done in the body. The Negro, evidently, is receiving the reward he merits.”
Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, pages 66-67
“President Brigham Young, answering a question put to him by Elder Lorenzo D. Young in a meeting held December 25, 1869, in Salt lake City, said that Joseph Smith had declared that the negroes were not neutral in heaven, for all the spirits took sides, but the posterity of Cain are black because (Cain) committed murder.”
The Way to Perfection, pages 105-106
The Way to Perfection, pages 101-102
There can be little doubt this is not Christian.
Not Christian? Christians use to baptize the heathen and then use them of slaves. Christians perpetuated bigotry and racism and prejudice in the owning of slaves.
Owning slaves in Jerusalem 2000 years ago was a way of life and Jesus enforced laws for it. Jesus never spoke against it. The Bible the book of God supported slavery and regulated slavery with laws. Never once did God speak against slavery.
Black Africans became the Christians favorite victim for centuries and shipped them to South and Central America and the Caribbean and other islands to work their plantations.
And Christian ministers validated the owning of black African slaves. They did this by claiming Cain was turned black as in African black and, one of Cains descendants married Ham and a descendant of Ham with dark skin was cursed by Noah to be a slave. That was the common interpretation to validate enslaving black Africans by Christian ministers for centuries.
Every person PRIOR to converting to Mormonism in Smith's day heard that Christian interpretation from ministers from the north to the south. So of course they had negative thoughts of blacks, Christian ministers put those thoughts in their heads telling them God told them that reasoning.
Based on your reasoning, Christians today can't be real Christians because their past is covered in deep, dark, filthy prejudicial, bigotry and racism of blacks made to be slaves by the Bible.
So what now?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26101 May 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the stalker, she is. And the day I have anything to prove to you has long past.
Fricking fool...lol, where did I call you a stalker? I said you are calling her the wrong name. I told you she is not your Carole Sutton that wrote you. I reminded you that you have Carole Suttons address. I challenged you to go to the address and put your $ where your flapping lips are and prove what you believe.
lol...I didn't say you had anything to prove to me. But you have a lot to prove to yourself as your perpetuating a lie as is a common thing you do. Truth is something hard for you to deal with, it's why you resort to name calling, belittling others and that lying you do. If truth and honesty were as much a part of your character as lying is, you'd never lie. You'd hardly ever use foul language. You'd next to never if ever speak badly and rudely of others with that dark filthy speech you like to toss about.
But all of that is based on you being a lover of truth and honesty so just saying :)

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26102 May 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Another demonstration of how little the LDS church really thinks about it's poor members.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/5...
They care more about the dead than they do the living.
Are you that pathetically, moronically ignorantly stupid? Do you have the faintest idea how much a company has to spend to provide health care to employees under Obama care? Haven't you been reading the news? Haven't you been reading that companies are downsizing already so they can avoid the increase in labor costs they'll have to spend for Obama care?
From the web... "Under the new health care act, companies will be required to provide health care to full-time employees by 2014. That would significantly boost labor costs for businesses." I know a guy that works at a coffee bean warehouse. He told me he was informed he had to spend $230. a month for health care through the company or get fired because Obama care mandates companies afford health care to full time employees which he is.
Small mom and pop businesses with a few to several employees that just rest a bit in the black in profit margin, The $ to make Obama care available to full time employees comes out of that profit margin.
You've said some really stupid, ignorant things at times but this one takes the cake, ice cream and dishes...lolol....if you think the LDS church has a money tree that'll never go empty, you're more pathetically ignorantly stupid than I gave you credit for not being...

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26103 May 28, 2013
Oh here you go trying to defend Panty Raid Smith by pointing out OTHER blasphemous sects of Christianity.

We GET it, others were bad too. That doesn't make Panty Raid any better!

Here is what now:

1. Not every denomination of Christianity taught this blasephemy. You assume they "all" did. But the fact is, many did NOT.
2. The texts of the Bible were not altered to support this... that is except in the case of Panty Raid Mormonism, which STANDS ALONE in this regard.
3. Many of the others renounced and apologizezd for this activity.

Thus, you can go back to the texts, and because of archaeological evidence you can see that the antiquity period of historical documents do not support your view.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Christian? Christians use to baptize the heathen and then use them of slaves. Christians perpetuated bigotry and racism and prejudice in the owning of slaves.
Owning slaves in Jerusalem 2000 years ago was a way of life and Jesus enforced laws for it. Jesus never spoke against it. The Bible the book of God supported slavery and regulated slavery with laws. Never once did God speak against slavery.
Black Africans became the Christians favorite victim for centuries and shipped them to South and Central America and the Caribbean and other islands to work their plantations.
And Christian ministers validated the owning of black African slaves. They did this by claiming Cain was turned black as in African black and, one of Cains descendants married Ham and a descendant of Ham with dark skin was cursed by Noah to be a slave. That was the common interpretation to validate enslaving black Africans by Christian ministers for centuries.
Every person PRIOR to converting to Mormonism in Smith's day heard that Christian interpretation from ministers from the north to the south. So of course they had negative thoughts of blacks, Christian ministers put those thoughts in their heads telling them God told them that reasoning.
Based on your reasoning, Christians today can't be real Christians because their past is covered in deep, dark, filthy prejudicial, bigotry and racism of blacks made to be slaves by the Bible.
So what now?

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26104 May 28, 2013
False:

Real Christians today can rely on the text of the Bible and a consistent responsible interpretation (not putting stuff into the text that isn't there... like you've done)
and you can come out with more accuracy.

If Mormonism would renounce, strike out, and republish their own stuff without the made up 1830s fiction, then things would work better.

Again, Mormonism stands alone in making up a fictional Book of Moses and Book of Abraham. That's another level. It's like making up a Steven King novel, a badly written one, and saying that "Steven King" wrote it, simply because the thing has his name on it.

We can read and can see King didn't write it, the style is off, the time of the publication is off. If you said King started the book in the the fall of 1999 and finished before 2000 for instance, we'd know you're lying because Steven King was convalescing from a serious hip injury.

This is how you present Mormonism and these fictional writings that Smith wrote. Smith "found" them in a hill, and he translated them from a traveling salesman.

The Kinderhook plates are evidence that the man is a bald faced liar.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>

Based on your reasoning, Christians today can't be real Christians because their past is covered in deep, dark, filthy prejudicial, bigotry and racism of blacks made to be slaves by the Bible.
So what now?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26105 May 28, 2013
osirica wrote:
Look at you trying to run away from yonder flame.
Listen... unless you're an atheist, Adam and Eve were black.
So you wanna be an athiest? Go right ahead.
You're just proving you don't really acknowledge God.
<quoted text>
lol...trying to keep distance from your pathetic God and mankind are all black African racist views, that's true.
Science has never validated the color of Adam and Eve. You as a racist telling everyone we are all really black Africans, that some of us just lost our black skin color to mutations, essentially a curse because we're really black Africans to you, not white Africans, not yellow Africans, not red Africans, not brown Africans, not tan Africans, to you we are all black Africans and if that ain't a racist view then what is?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26106 May 28, 2013
osirica wrote:
No Surprise wrote:
5a. Liar. Owth is used several times in just the OT and the word MARK is used as a translation of what owth meant in those verses. Twice I supplied verses for you.
Osirica replies:
"mark"
occurs 37 times in 36 verses in the KJV
the Hebrew &#1488;&#1493;&#14 65;&#1514; ('owth), which occurs 79 times in 77 verses in the Hebrew concordance of the KJV.
ONLY one verse are they used together.
This stupid mark of CAIN passage!
AV — sign(s) 60, token(s) 14, ensign(s) 2, miracles 2, mark 1
that is a number ONE in case you can't count.
CHECK MATE MORON!
You continue to checkmate yourself moron, not I lol. Owth is translated as mark several times in the OT.
And to enlighten you, a token or a sign can also be a mark :) For example.
Exodus 12:13
13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.
The blood was also a mark for them upon the houses. A brush of sorts was used to mark the top of the door frame and to mark the sides of the door frame allowing the angel of death to pass by those marked houses.
According to your idiocy of thought the story could be told this way...
The blood was also a token for them upon the houses. A brush of sorts was used to token the top of the door frame and to token the sides of the door frame allowing the angel of death to pass by those token houses.
I suppose the above would sound better to you lolol.....

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26107 May 28, 2013
osirica wrote:
Oh here you go trying to defend Panty Raid Smith by pointing out OTHER blasphemous sects of Christianity.
We GET it, others were bad too. That doesn't make Panty Raid any better!
Here is what now:
1. Not every denomination of Christianity taught this blasephemy. You assume they "all" did. But the fact is, many did NOT.
2. The texts of the Bible were not altered to support this... that is except in the case of Panty Raid Mormonism, which STANDS ALONE in this regard.
3. Many of the others renounced and apologizezd for this activity.
Thus, you can go back to the texts, and because of archaeological evidence you can see that the antiquity period of historical documents do not support your view.
<quoted text>
White Christian churches from the 13 colonies to the 19th century were almost all racist, bigoted prejudicial churches from the north to the south because THEY DIDN'T ALLOW BLACKS OR INDIANS INTO THEIR CHURCHES. THE MINISTER WOULD BE TARRED AND FEATHER IF HE WAS CAUGHT BEING SYMPATHETIC TO BLACKS AND INDIANS EVEN IN THE NORTH FOR A LONG, LONG TIME.
I realize you have this delusional belief that most Christian whites in America were before the 20th century were lovers of all humanity and didn't segregate and weren't prejudicial and weren't racists and all Christian churches allowed blacks and Indians to sit with whites in the pews and mix together as equals, I know you believe that but until you accept a small dose of reality, you'll remain delusional.
Apology or not, Christianity was the largest and is the oldest bigoted, prejudicial racist religious cult using the name of Jesus that ever existed. And you'll excuse centuries after centuries of that behavior and claim Christianity today that's based on racism, bigotry, prejudice and segregation is just fine and dandy? How hypocritical of you as usual.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26108 May 28, 2013
osirica wrote:
False:
Real Christians today can rely on the text of the Bible and a consistent responsible interpretation (not putting stuff into the text that isn't there... like you've done)
and you can come out with more accuracy.
If Mormonism would renounce, strike out, and republish their own stuff without the made up 1830s fiction, then things would work better.
Again, Mormonism stands alone in making up a fictional Book of Moses and Book of Abraham. That's another level. It's like making up a Steven King novel, a badly written one, and saying that "Steven King" wrote it, simply because the thing has his name on it.
We can read and can see King didn't write it, the style is off, the time of the publication is off. If you said King started the book in the the fall of 1999 and finished before 2000 for instance, we'd know you're lying because Steven King was convalescing from a serious hip injury.
This is how you present Mormonism and these fictional writings that Smith wrote. Smith "found" them in a hill, and he translated them from a traveling salesman.
The Kinderhook plates are evidence that the man is a bald faced liar.
<quoted text>
lol...I wrote no book and I haven't presented anything about Mormonism. I have question your beliefs and your logic that is true :)

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26109 May 28, 2013
Wow three posts this time, you're trying to revive yourself.

Listen I will break you down psychologically:

You know that I do not care if God is black or not. You know that I do not care if Adam is black or not.

What you cannot stand is that I have proven that Adam was not white, and that Cain was not possibly marked with black skin.

So what you do is try to 'flip' the conversation around. But in the end, you're left with one problem.

I don't follow a religion that taught that white people came from the mark of cain. I did not get this from ANOTHER religion that I claim to be "correcting".

YOU

DO

and you're silly Panty Raid CANONIZED this ignorance into a "holy scripture" claiming beyond all things that it was written down by MOSES himself.

So what do you do? Distract by going on and on about black god this and black god that.

When you find a religion that I follow that teaches that God was black, then you may feel better. Since I am not a follower of the Nation of Islam, you're stuck.

So you hope to convince YOURSELF that I believe in this black god this and that, so you can get over the sore spot you have knowing that your notion about Cain being marked with black skin is utterly preposterous in any interpretation.

the word wasn't a mark in hebrew
the point of the passage wasn't to relate to skin color
the context had nothing to do with negro-black-african people being excluded.

And most importantly, all of your maneuverings, while you try to claim it's to give some objectivity to one point of view, is in fact your desperate way to preserve a stupid bigoted point of view that by the way Smith said he got from a REVELATION from MOSES in a TRANSLATION...

not passed down from the Spanish and Muslims.

So you can't even excuse it as a "oh everyone else was doing it".

Smith said that he TRANSLATED it from MOSES.

Big Panty Raiding OOOPS
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...trying to keep distance from your pathetic God and mankind are all black African racist views, that's true.
Science has never validated the color of Adam and Eve. You as a racist telling everyone we are all really black Africans, that some of us just lost our black skin color to mutations, essentially a curse because we're really black Africans to you, not white Africans, not yellow Africans, not red Africans, not brown Africans, not tan Africans, to you we are all black Africans and if that ain't a racist view then what is?

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26110 May 28, 2013
Yea we already KNOW this

THEY WERE WRONG AND SINFUL FOR DOING IT TOO!

But your Joseph Smith claimed that MOSES HIMSELF TAUGHT THIS WAS IN THE BOOK OF GENESIS WHEN IT FRAKKING WASNT!

You think i rely on North US churches to make my point?

Christianity wasn't an AMERICAN born religion.

Which is mistake #2 for you.

I can go to East Africa, or India, find Christian history without this black hating CRAP, and be DONE with you and your fallacious ignorant arguement?

you see?

You're thinking that if the white man falleth, then all of Christianity goes with him.

No no no my friend. That's not how the word of God works.

Mistake #3 for you!
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
White Christian churches from the 13 colonies to the 19th century were almost all racist, bigoted prejudicial churches from the north to the south because THEY DIDN'T ALLOW BLACKS OR INDIANS INTO THEIR CHURCHES. THE MINISTER WOULD BE TARRED AND FEATHER IF HE WAS CAUGHT BEING SYMPATHETIC TO BLACKS AND INDIANS EVEN IN THE NORTH FOR A LONG, LONG TIME.
I realize you have this delusional belief that most Christian whites in America were before the 20th century were lovers of all humanity and didn't segregate and weren't prejudicial and weren't racists and all Christian churches allowed blacks and Indians to sit with whites in the pews and mix together as equals, I know you believe that but until you accept a small dose of reality, you'll remain delusional.
Apology or not, Christianity was the largest and is the oldest bigoted, prejudicial racist religious cult using the name of Jesus that ever existed. And you'll excuse centuries after centuries of that behavior and claim Christianity today that's based on racism, bigotry, prejudice and segregation is just fine and dandy? How hypocritical of you as usual.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#26111 May 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Christian? Christians use to baptize the heathen and then use them of slaves. Christians perpetuated bigotry and racism and prejudice in the owning of slaves.
Owning slaves in Jerusalem 2000 years ago was a way of life and Jesus enforced laws for it. Jesus never spoke against it. The Bible the book of God supported slavery and regulated slavery with laws. Never once did God speak against slavery.
Black Africans became the Christians favorite victim for centuries and shipped them to South and Central America and the Caribbean and other islands to work their plantations.
And Christian ministers validated the owning of black African slaves. They did this by claiming Cain was turned black as in African black and, one of Cains descendants married Ham and a descendant of Ham with dark skin was cursed by Noah to be a slave. That was the common interpretation to validate enslaving black Africans by Christian ministers for centuries.
Every person PRIOR to converting to Mormonism in Smith's day heard that Christian interpretation from ministers from the north to the south. So of course they had negative thoughts of blacks, Christian ministers put those thoughts in their heads telling them God told them that reasoning.
Based on your reasoning, Christians today can't be real Christians because their past is covered in deep, dark, filthy prejudicial, bigotry and racism of blacks made to be slaves by the Bible.
So what now?
Wow truly and idiot.

Jesus came to fufill the Law and bring a new coveant.
He came to set the captives free.
God through his Holy Spirit Breathing his words to the Apostles brought the teachings that teach to free the captives Slave Jew Black blue or otherwise.

If you can condone the quotes I posted today from your prophets and apostles that condone a teaching that Blacks are inferior due to some mumble jumble lie that they did something wrong in heaven then come the day of judgement it will not go well for you.

Many Christians have done bad things have had slaves murdered stole etc. but then they would be said christians not real Christians if they did not repent of their sin for unlike Mormons the NT and its teachings contradict these actions.

You see never in 2000 years since the NT Apostles died has it ever been considered proper biblical teaching that blacks are inferior and sided with the devil in a war in heaven unlike the LDS teachings and its Apostles. That is why Mormons are not Christians.

Truth matters

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26112 May 28, 2013
Pul-eez

You are the topix.com water carrier for the Panty Raid, and probably in other websites too.

You, Jeff Lindsay,

Just silly

Why don't you brush up and let Jeff help you

http://www.jefflindsay.com/LDSFAQ/

If I bash you I want it to be a challenge. the guy thinks he has DNA proof...
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...I wrote no book and I haven't presented anything about Mormonism. I have question your beliefs and your logic that is true :)

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26113 May 28, 2013
Exodus 12:13
NOPE

They did not use the word MARK,

YOU are trying to translate the word "token" to mean "mark"

The concept here is that the blood is a representation... A TOKEN... of the sacrifices made for God.

Not a sign of some silly color in itself. They used a lamb's blood, just like when they slaughter the animal as a gift to God.

HELLO!

But besides that, the text doesn't use mark, and so

CHECKMATE AGAIN!

STOMP YOU AGAIN!

BONUS, you try to insert some kind of non-biblical heresy into the passage! I stopped that cold!
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to checkmate yourself moron, not I lol. Owth is translated as mark several times in the OT.
And to enlighten you, a token or a sign can also be a mark :) For example.
Exodus 12:13
13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.
The blood was also a mark for them upon the houses. A brush of sorts was used to mark the top of the door frame and to mark the sides of the door frame allowing the angel of death to pass by those marked houses.
According to your idiocy of thought the story could be told this way...
The blood was also a token for them upon the houses. A brush of sorts was used to token the top of the door frame and to token the sides of the door frame allowing the angel of death to pass by those token houses.
I suppose the above would sound better to you lolol.....
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#26114 May 28, 2013
osirica wrote:
What trap?
Let them adopt! I don't think children were meant to be born in group homes, or with single teenager mothers who were impregnated by cheating ADULTEROUS husbands!
Sorry, the gays win hands down over the adultery option!
So I disagree with you and agree that depending on the actions of the individual (which all are accountable to) that any safe adult should adopt, who is physically capable.
Being GAY doesn't make a difference.
NOW the lesson is over.
<quoted text>
Wow I thought you held to biblical teachings.

Sorry my mistake you make it up as you go along as to never admit you are wrong, are you sure you are not LDS??

Ro 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Ro 1:22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
Ro 1:23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
Ro 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
Ro 1:25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
Ro 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.
Ro 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Ro 1:28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.
Ro 1:29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,
Ro 1:30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;
Ro 1:31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
Ro 1:32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them

Ya these are the ones we want raising the next generation...NOT.

A single mother who upholds the teachings of the NT is much much better than the above I KNOW FIRST HAND.

Your words make your assertion that you are christian suspect.

Then maybe you are not a christian at all and don't believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God

DO YOU?

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26115 May 28, 2013
Extra stomping:

http://pulpit.biblecommenter.com/exodus/12.ht...

Verse 13.- The blood shall be to you for a token, etc. The blood was not to be a token to the Israelites, but to God for them. Translate- "and the blood shall be as a token for you upon the houses that you are there." It shall distinguish the houses in which you dwell from the others. I will pass over you. This is the emphatic clause. God would pass by, or over the house on which the blood was, spare it, slay none of its inmates; and from this action of His, the lamb itself, and the feast whereof it was the principal part, were to be termed "the Passover." It has been proposed to connect the Hebrew pesach with the Egyptian pesh, "to stretch, or extend (protection)"; but the name "Tiphsach," borne by the place of passage over the Euphrates (1 Kings 4:24), would seem to indicate that "crossing," or "passing over" is the primary meaning of the root.

Point being, it's not about making a mark.

Second point being, Joseph smith had no clue about "reformed Egyptian" else he'd know that Hebrew and Egyptian share, in those days, shared written roots and here with the pasch/pesh, a clear linguistic connection.

And you oh Mormon get STOMPED AGAIN! I just let the Egyptian and Hebrew language do the stomping!

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26116 May 28, 2013
You know I don't know what to make of you.

On one hand you get to the heart of the matter. On the other hand you play games with words and absolutes.

Here you say two correct points, that the dumb Mormon tries to pretend to ignore:

1. Many Christians have done bad things have had slaves murdered stole etc. but then they would be said christians not real Christians if they did not repent of their sin for unlike Mormons the NT and its teachings contradict these actions.

The Mormon fool won't distinguish "real" from "said" Christians. just like he won't distinuish "true" from "false" prophet. He doesn't want to address that christianity is demonstrated by one's actions, not by incantations one says or does in the name of an ordinance or position of "authority"

2. You see never in 2000 years since the NT Apostles died has it ever been considered proper biblical teaching that blacks are inferior and sided with the devil in a war in heaven unlike the LDS teachings and its Apostles. That is why Mormons are not Christians.
Truth matters

Which really comes down to the mormon's founder mistake. He said he came to CORRECT the mistakes in Christianity in his time 1830s. The first thing he would have done is the OPPOSITE of what he did. He formented more hate against blacks and native americans, when he should have stood with them.

But then again he wasn't an actual prophet. Because if he was, he would have stopped native lands from being taken and freed the slaves... you know... like Moses

So yea @Concerned, you're on one hand gettng the thing. But please don't come back one day talking about the virtues of discrimination. Yea gays should marry and adopt. Certainly more so than some adulterous and abusive heterosexuals.
concerned in Egypt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow truly and idiot.
Jesus came to fufill the Law and bring a new coveant.
He came to set the captives free.
God through his Holy Spirit Breathing his words to the Apostles brought the teachings that teach to free the captives Slave Jew Black blue or otherwise.
If you can condone the quotes I posted today from your prophets and apostles that condone a teaching that Blacks are inferior due to some mumble jumble lie that they did something wrong in heaven then come the day of judgement it will not go well for you.
Many Christians have done bad things have had slaves murdered stole etc. but then they would be said christians not real Christians if they did not repent of their sin for unlike Mormons the NT and its teachings contradict these actions.
You see never in 2000 years since the NT Apostles died has it ever been considered proper biblical teaching that blacks are inferior and sided with the devil in a war in heaven unlike the LDS teachings and its Apostles. That is why Mormons are not Christians.
Truth matters

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26117 May 28, 2013
So lets make sure we understand

Lying adulterous heterosexuals who are members of various heretical sects like Mormonism, or Jehovah Witnesses...

should be more likely to have God's blessing than...

faithful homosexual people who are in a Baptist or Presbyterian or Orthodox church.

That's your conclusions?

Because your quoting a passage that talks about the ignorance one placed in various cultures by adopting their standards of "deity". I.E. they exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for:

the Bull market (golden calf), money (god of money), adulterous hypocricy, racist fanaticism (make thyself a god,), heresies (mormonism, JW, islam), materialism, americanism, technological arrogance, King James Onlyism, English supremacy, consumerism...

Being GAY for instance is a personal issue. Being an ADULTERER for instance is a lack of integrity.

Holding to biblical teachings means one should recognize that in the scheme of things

ADULTERY is a violation of the TEN COMMANDMENTS

being Gay is not

ADULTERY is far more common than gay stuff.

ADULTERY is far more damaging to a church, a family, a child, than being gay is.

So you were SAYING?
concerned in Egypt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I thought you held to biblical teachings.
Sorry my mistake you make it up as you go along as to never admit you are wrong, are you sure you are not LDS??
Ro 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Ro 1:22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
Ro 1:23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
Ro 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
Ro 1:25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
Ro 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.
Ro 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Ro 1:28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.
Ro 1:29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,
Ro 1:30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;
Ro 1:31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
Ro 1:32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them
Ya these are the ones we want raising the next generation...NOT.
A single mother who upholds the teachings of the NT is much much better than the above I KNOW FIRST HAND.
Your words make your assertion that you are christian suspect.
Then maybe you are not a christian at all and don't believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God
DO YOU?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Nail Live Concert at Sandy, Utah (Salt La... Mon davidlawson 2
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul 22 wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Jul 21 dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1
News Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb '15 Blow 4

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages