Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31994 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25888 May 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
ahahaha... you're a joke!
You have showed nothing. You are speculating idiot... and you believe your speculations are evidence. Are you going to make a new translation of the Bible too?
Proverbs 26:3-5 ESV

A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the back of fools. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25889 May 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, it could have been black skin...
that is why there are
dark skin people and
light skin people.
Carol, the KKK laundry called, your sheets are ready.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25890 May 23, 2013
It could have been white skin...
that is why there are dark skin people and
lightskin people.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
that is why there are
dark skin people and
light skin people.

Location hidden

#25891 May 23, 2013
Ok lets go at it again.

There is nothing that points to black people having ANYTHING to do with this. There is nothing that points to it any more or less than white people.

SO why do you suggest that it could be dark skin? And cain was not "cast out" of anywhere.

and there was nothing about his descendents being cast out or suffering, and even if they were, there is no relationship between them and any known race of people.

So where do you get the notion that dark skin has anything to do with this?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
DUDE... I'm not a DUDE!
First, if you would have taken 30 seconds to think about what I was saying...
you would have realized that the children to suffer when their parents go to jail... they go to adoption agencies... many end up in juvenile hall.
Now... Cains descendents would have suffered from being cast out, from the " LAND would not YIELD FORTH it's STRENGTH". Don't you think.
Consequences often affect other people... if you don't realize that then you are insane.
The same with Blessings... the often affect other people.
Just go on with your almighty blackness and stay stupid.

Location hidden

#25892 May 23, 2013
After saying this... Why do you call me a racist

Just explain it to me. How do you gravitate towards this down below, and then call me racist later when I say it's white skin?

Its as if you're convinced that "dark skin" is more likely and sensible than white skin...

How does that work?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
that is why there are
dark skin people and
light skin people.

Location hidden

#25893 May 23, 2013
What I have to refute you

is stronger than

what you present

in the first place.

What do you have

that is evident

that the mark

is black skin?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
ahahaha... you're a joke!
You have showed nothing. You are speculating idiot... and you believe your speculations are evidence. Are you going to make a new translation of the Bible too?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25894 May 23, 2013
osirica wrote:
Ok lets go at it again.
There is nothing that points to black people having ANYTHING to do with this. There is nothing that points to it any more or less than white people.
SO why do you suggest that it could be dark skin? And cain was not "cast out" of anywhere.
and there was nothing about his descendents being cast out or suffering, and even if they were, there is no relationship between them and any known race of people.
<quoted text>
I don't suggest it... you just say I do... I tend to agree with the bible historians.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25895 May 23, 2013
Genesis 4:8-16
8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and aslew him.

9 ¶And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my abrother’s bkeeper?

10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother’s ablood crieth unto me from the ground.

11 And now art thou acursed from the bearth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand;

12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a afugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

13 And Cain said unto the Lord, aMy punishment is greater than I can bear.

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall aslay me.

15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a amark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

16 ¶And Cain went out from the apresence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of bEden.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE ENTIRE SCRIPTURE...
the scripture is vague... "Cast out" wasn't used in above... he said he went out from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

It does not say Eden was in Africa... and it does not say ADAM and EVE were BLACK... you did.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25896 May 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suggest it... you just say I do... I tend to agree with the bible historians.
I don't suggest ADAM AND EVE came from AFRICA or was BLACK.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25897 May 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, the KKK laundry called, your sheets are ready.
Yes!

I do know what you meant when you said you would KILL JESUS CHRIST YOURSELF for teaching doctrines you disapprove of.

Maybe you are part of the KKK, or Hitler's clan.

Location hidden

#25898 May 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
that is why there are
dark skin people and
light skin people.

Now with the bible historians:

Which historians?

Are you saying you agree with some of them, or all of them? You only pointed out one viewpoint. Yet other historians, many others, have other viewpoints. Why did you not choose to speak on those historian views?

IN fact... YOU've been simply following the bible historians on this one?

Please, NAME THEM. I'd LOVE to read their commentaries!
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#25899 May 23, 2013
Then read the ENTIRE passage right.

He was just having a conversation with God, then he LEFT the presence of God. He was not cast out.

And with your same smartypants attitude

"Where else was Eden then??? PROVE IT PROVE IT! SHOW EVIDENCE!"
sportxmouse wrote:
Genesis 4:8-16
8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and aslew him.
9 ¶And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my abrother’s bkeeper?
10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother’s ablood crieth unto me from the ground.
11 And now art thou acursed from the bearth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand;
12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a afugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
13 And Cain said unto the Lord, aMy punishment is greater than I can bear.
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall aslay me.
15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a amark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
16 ¶And Cain went out from the apresence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of bEden.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE ENTIRE SCRIPTURE...
the scripture is vague... "Cast out" wasn't used in above... he said he went out from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
It does not say Eden was in Africa... and it does not say ADAM and EVE were BLACK... you did.

Location hidden

#25900 May 23, 2013
I suggest it because the evidence supports it more than any other color.

Where do you get your "cain was marked with black skin" from?

Bible historians? You mean those in the 15th - 19th centuries, clouded by their own European racism?

Or you mean the one Syrian guy that talked about Cain's face?

Or maybe you're talking about the Muslims... or maybe the Talmud?

You really put your trust in their prejudice huh?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suggest ADAM AND EVE came from AFRICA or was BLACK.

Location hidden

#25901 May 23, 2013
No Sport...

the KKK thinks that Cain was marked with black skin...

You know... like you do!
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
I do know what you meant when you said you would KILL JESUS CHRIST YOURSELF for teaching doctrines you disapprove of.
Maybe you are part of the KKK, or Hitler's clan.

Location hidden

#25902 May 23, 2013
From the first post to the last, the evidence is clear.

Panty Raid was on the hunt for some easy gullible white ladies!
fedupwiththemess wrote:
I do. They do not go by the bible nor does the bible mention mormonism it it. They have created a so called "extension" or another book of the bible calling it the book of mormon. Mormonism was created by a horny man wanting to screw more than one woman so he made it up saying GOD told him to do so. Women fell for it.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25903 May 23, 2013
osirica wrote:
No Sport...
You know... like you do!
<quoted text>
Perhaps Dana gave up Mormonism for the KKK, or Hitler's Clan...

he is the one that threatened to kill Jesus Christ.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25904 May 23, 2013
osirica wrote:
The mark could have been a symbol on his forehead.
It could have been blonde hair.
It could have been some bird flying near him.
It could have been red hair.
It could have been a horn growing out of his head.
It could have been an extra arm or leg.
The POINT IS it could have been a million things.
Why you get the notion that the "owth" is black skin?
<quoted text>
My Response was:
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
that is why there are
dark skin people and
light skin people.
Your response was:
osirica wrote:
After saying this... Why do you call me a racist
Just explain it to me. How do you gravitate towards this down below, and then call me racist later when I say it's white skin?
Its as if you're convinced that "dark skin" is more likely and sensible than white skin...
How does that work?
<quoted text>
Are you really this juvenile?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25905 May 23, 2013
osirica wrote:
No Sport...
You know... like you do!
<quoted text>
Yes I do think think that for he left for a reason...
to hide his head in shame...

he was cursed...
with a "MARK" the meaning of words and language change vastly over time.

Your argument does not hold up.

HE WAS MARKED DUDE SO OTHERS COULD IDENTIFY HIM.

or, maybe God had a butterfly fly over his head ever moment of every day... get real.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25906 May 23, 2013
osirica wrote:
I suggest it because the evidence supports it more than any other color.
Where do you get your "cain was marked with black skin" from?
Bible historians? You mean those in the 15th - 19th centuries, clouded by their own European racism?
Or you mean the one Syrian guy that talked about Cain's face?
Or maybe you're talking about the Muslims... or maybe the Talmud?
You really put your trust in their prejudice huh?
<quoted text>
Oh, and I love the way you make all of European racist.

Wow... just wow.
StupidLovesScoff ing

Live Oak, CA

#25907 May 23, 2013
osirica wrote:
Ok lets go at it again.
<quoted text>
You make a lot of noise sounding stupid. You know exactly who in history believed Cain was black.

LiberalPedia even has some of the story so you're just acting stupid again like every time I come by and see you agitating about having never heard of Cain being black before.

You can't argue with 1500 years and more, really, so you argue on the internet with strangers.

From LiberalPedia,

"Early church exegesis

In Syriac Christianity, early exegesis of the "curse" and the "mark", associated the curse of Cain with black skin.[18]

Some argue that this may have originated from RABBINIC TEXTS, which interpreted a passage in the Book of Genesis ("And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell" (Gen. 4:5), suggesting that Cain underwent a permanent change in skin color.

In an Eastern Christian (Armenian) Adam-book (5th or 6th century) it is written:“And the Lord was wroth with Cain... He beat Cain’s face with hail, which blackened like coal, and thus he remained with a black face".[19]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William Edward Puckett 4 hr Carol 16
The Pucketts 21 hr Carol 1
I wish it wasn't like this May 25 Missing You 1
Apartments that forbid pitbulls in So SLC May 23 Anonymous 3
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) May 23 10uhsee 66
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) May 23 j locs 72
Aparments in Salt Lake City May 22 Mac 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages