Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32073 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25828 May 22, 2013
osirica wrote:
You're the one trying to push the notion that the skin color of the ENTIRE BODY was changed... and YOURE the one using this illogical falsehood stupidity:
1. God did it so people wouldn't accidentally kill him? Even though the whole point was that Cain would be afraid for those deliberately seeking to murder him. You Dummy.
2. You thinking that changing his skin color is somehow helping people "not" recognize him? Well you gotta make a whole bunch of assumptions. But before we do so, you're as coy as No Surprise. What color was Cain's ENTIRE BODY CHANGED TO (since you're insisting he wasn't merely marked). After all, dummy, now he's got this newfangled thing going on that attracts MORE attention!
<quoted text>
lets see...

Adam was 1 color Eve came from him....
at that time we had Adam and Eve = 1 color.

now we have dark skin and light skin.

how did that happen genius?

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25829 May 22, 2013
You have to figure that out.

But Just because it HAPPENED, doesn't mean that the passage about CAIN has anything to DO with it.

You trying to say that white people came from the mark of Cain or something? That would be rather racist of you.

You trying to say that black people came from the mark of Cain or something? That would be rather racist of you.

One but not the other... hmmm...

OR neither, and perhaps skin color variation came about from some other means!
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
lets see...

Location hidden

#25830 May 22, 2013
See that's just it

YOU ARE THE ONE FIXATED ON SKIN COLOR!

And YOU ARE THE ONE SO RACIST you AUTOMATICALLY GO TO

"MARK" to mean "SKIN COLOR" even though it's not

why not the tower of Babbel?

but more importantly, why focus on Cain?

is it a coiencidence that you're focusing on the same passage that was used against black people for hundreds of years?

Location hidden

#25831 May 22, 2013
And thirdly the psychology.

You guys have been saying that I'm the racist.

yet here you are...

so obsessed with having a nice package easy answer that fills your void of racism

"how did that happen genius"

AS IF... I have to have an explanation to REPLACE this racist myth garbage...

that causes YOU and No surprise to take the meaning of "A MARK" and changes it to "THE ENTIRE BODY COLOR CHANGED"

I mean you'd AT LEAST acknowledge, with all of your rigid interpretations... AT LEAST say "Yea Osirica, it's a metaphor"

BUT NO...

Look at you! Sinking!

And your buddy No Surprise? I lobbed two torpedos "Owth" and the Syriac countdown on his candy behind!
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
lets see...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25832 May 22, 2013
osirica wrote:
1. Changing his skin to a black person wouldn't help him stand out in any way. Why would you think it would? Why would you assume it's black skin verses any other color? Isn't that racist?
2. Even still, he's targeted not "by accident" but because people would come after him for killing his brother. THEREFORE, people WOULD recognize him, THEN try to kill him.
WHICH MEANS...
Whatever the OWTH.. the SIGN is.. it would be a sign to the OTHERS that God is protecting him. THUS a mere change of skin color would not make such an effect.
But perhaps something supernatural to show his wouldbe killers to back off. Since the Hebrew word OWTH over SIXTY times ELSEWHERE refers to a sign. And those signs are usually miracles.
<quoted text>
Oh right... EVERYONE in this world is colorblind but you.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25833 May 22, 2013
osirica wrote:
yet here you are...
so obsessed with having a nice package easy answer that fills your void of racism
"how did that happen genius"
AS IF... I have to have an explanation to REPLACE this racist myth garbage...
that causes YOU and No surprise to take the meaning of "A MARK" and changes it to "THE ENTIRE BODY COLOR CHANGED"
I mean you'd AT LEAST acknowledge, with all of your rigid interpretations... AT LEAST say "Yea Osirica, it's a metaphor"
BUT NO...
Look at you! Sinking!
And your buddy No Surprise? I lobbed two torpedos "Owth" and the Syriac countdown on his candy behind!
<quoted text>
This is what you get when you combine what Dr. Phil calls "Right fighters" with people who have been brainwashed in a cult. A total lack of reasoning.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25834 May 22, 2013
The EGYPTIANS (BLACKS) were the first to ENSLAVE people (HEBREWS).

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#25836 May 22, 2013
osirica wrote:
GOT YOU!
Leviticus 19:28 - does not use the hebrew "OWTH". Uses a different Hebrew word.
Same for the others!
Leviticus 19:28 - "QA'AKA" which was NOT used for Cain. This is the word that WOULD have been used in Hebrew if Cain was actually given a physical mark!
Ruth 3:4 - "QAL" which means to make a "note"!(Mark this down)
1 Sam 1:12 - "SHAMAR" which means to take heed.(Mark my words)
1 Sam 20:20 - "MATTARA" which refers to an easy target,(He's a mark)
NONE OF THESE MATCH YOUR LYING FILTH
I've WAITED for this. You tried and tried to avoid and I forced your hand.
And you know what's so funny? You tried to sneak it by didn't you?
Throw the various hebrew words in for the same "ENGLISH" word.
The English word "mark" has several meanings, some are even homograms. In the END, none of those and none of the Hebrew words for "discoloration" is used to describe black people.
You little PUNK! I finally GOT YOU
<quoted text>
lol....your immaturity almost matches Dana's, just a bit more and you'll have outdone him, keep trying.
My source was a Jewish source for where OWTH is used in the OT. So I suppose I'll just relent and say(in a lie)you know more then the jewish scholars/rabbis interpretation. You win :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25837 May 22, 2013
osirica wrote:
No she's right.
You went and tried to counter by finding various uses of "mark" in English bibles.
yet the issue here isn't the use of "Mark" elsewhere, but in that passage.
Did the word Mark in that passage mean
Physical mark like a tatoo
Mark as in take a note
Mark as in mark my words
Mark as in easy target
and so on?
And despite all that, none of it, not in English or Hebrew refers to changing someone's ENTIRE BODY COLOR. That's not a "mark".
Calling Dana a she? She's a he I believe. You might want to ask him to be sure.
Of the verse, you have an opinion like others. Nothing more, nothing less like others. Accept that fact :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25838 May 22, 2013
osirica wrote:
SO the lesson is, you little white supremacists.
A guy that's a black racist that believes God is a black African who created a black African Adam and Eve and who then in afterthought marked/cursed/created/made to be all other false colours of God for the rest of humans to be is going to call others white supremacists?? lolol....to fricking funny dude....really.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25839 May 22, 2013
osirica wrote:
You are a racist. You're a black racist. Everything Biblical to you is black and African in origin from all the people to the present day Jews that are black by genetics but according to you don't realize it. You stated if God had a colour it was black. That a black God obviously created a black race of Africans like himself. And he began with Adam and Eve. And everyone was black and African to way past Abraham and Moses. You stated all other colours and races were 'mistakes' and somehow weren't born to be their real true selves, black Africans.
You're thee most self defined racist that bounces about these threads that exists.

Location hidden

#25840 May 23, 2013
So what.

No one is saying that God ordained it as a curse against Hebrew (some of which were also BLACK) because of a curse on Cain.

The Egyptians, who were one of MANY black groups in the world, enslaved the Hebrews because the Egyptians at that time were ignorant of God.

You get what I'm saying buddy? Or are you going to play dumb some more?
sportxmouse wrote:
The EGYPTIANS (BLACKS) were the first to ENSLAVE people (HEBREWS).

Location hidden

#25841 May 23, 2013
No you didn't

All you did was copy English translations of the Bible.

None of your comments related to "OWTH" but instead related to the English "Mark"

I broke it down and here you are hoping to sneak your lie by.

Get your BUTT BACK OVER HERE:

"My source was a Jewish source for where OWTH is used in the OT."

NO IT WAS NOT

YOU DID NOT SHOW SOURCES OF OWTH, YOU QUOTED PASSAGES WITH THE ENGLISH WORD MARK!
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....your immaturity almost matches Dana's, just a bit more and you'll have outdone him, keep trying.
My source was a Jewish source for where OWTH is used in the OT. So I suppose I'll just relent and say(in a lie)you know more then the jewish scholars/rabbis interpretation. You win :)

Location hidden

#25842 May 23, 2013
What Dana is doing is VERY ethical.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
This is called lack of ethics and reasoning:
YOU have an ANTI-MORMON SITE where you tell people the following:
"if you’re a Mormon who thinks I'm the
Anti-Christ and would like to help me go to hell
sooner by sending me a carton of cigarettes
(Salem 100’s please), Contact Me!"
"My Address is:
Dana Robertson
1150 W 1st St.
Merced, CA 95340
or E-Mail Me
Hate Mail Welcomed !!!
Copyright:© 2002 by “I Hate Mormonism Inc.”

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25843 May 23, 2013
osirica wrote:
What Dana is doing is VERY ethical.
<quoted text>
And, you are just dumb!

Location hidden

#25844 May 23, 2013
That would be, except that is not what I believe.

God is a spirit, not a physical person from any part of Earth.

I've said that to you a million times.

So you lie below... AGAIN.

Your other statements about God making Adam and Eve and then cursing other colors?

Also a lie, I've never talked about others being "false colors" of God. How can any skin color be a "true" color of god in the first place? God is a spirit, not a physical being.

I've explained this to you MULTIPLE TIMES
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
A guy that's a black racist that believes God is a black African who created a black African Adam and Eve and who then in afterthought marked/cursed/created/made to be all other false colours of God for the rest of humans to be is going to call others white supremacists?? lolol....to fricking funny dude....really.

Location hidden

#25846 May 23, 2013
Nope.

None of that garbage below is what I teach or believe. I believe that Adam/Eve were black because they were created in Africa, and in an environment that is appropriate for darkerskinned people.

There is nothing racist about that. If they were created in the cold mountains, I'd accept that they were white. But that's not the case.

Also, I don't try to push an agenda that whites (the white race) came from a mark and curse on Cain.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a racist. You're a black racist. Everything Biblical to you is black and African in origin from all the people to the present day Jews that are black by genetics but according to you don't realize it. You stated if God had a colour it was black. That a black God obviously created a black race of Africans like himself. And he began with Adam and Eve. And everyone was black and African to way past Abraham and Moses. You stated all other colours and races were 'mistakes' and somehow weren't born to be their real true selves, black Africans.
You're thee most self defined racist that bounces about these threads that exists.

Location hidden

#25847 May 23, 2013
You're insisting that black people came from the mark of Cain.

You my dear idiot are the dumb one.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
And, you are just dumb!

Location hidden

#25848 May 23, 2013
Collapse!

You got ICED!

Please, so I can stomp you further.... post your supposed Jewish sources!

let us review

GOT YOU!
Leviticus 19:28 - does not use the hebrew "OWTH". Uses a different Hebrew word.
Same for the others!
Leviticus 19:28 - "QA'AKA" which was NOT used for Cain. This is the word that WOULD have been used in Hebrew if Cain was actually given a physical mark!
Ruth 3:4 - "QAL" which means to make a "note"!(Mark this down)
1 Sam 1:12 - "SHAMAR" which means to take heed.(Mark my words)
1 Sam 20:20 - "MATTARA" which refers to an easy target,(He's a mark)
NONE OF THESE MATCH YOUR LYING FILTH
I've WAITED for this. You tried and tried to avoid and I forced your hand.
And you know what's so funny? You tried to sneak it by didn't you?
Throw the various hebrew words in for the same "ENGLISH" word.
The English word "mark" has several meanings, some are even homograms. In the END, none of those and none of the Hebrew words for "discoloration" is used to describe black people.
You little PUNK! I finally GOT YOU
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#25849 May 23, 2013
My opinion is not rooted in ignorance and bias

Yours and the one you defend... is.

There is nothing in the thing that implies, it goes to a point to where it's not even a mark.

Changing the entire color of something is not placing a mark on it.

It's idiotic, especially even the Hebrew writer outlines the difference.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling Dana a she? She's a he I believe. You might want to ask him to be sure.
Of the verse, you have an opinion like others. Nothing more, nothing less like others. Accept that fact :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More Problems with the Book of Mormon Fri Nancy 35
Mitt Romney is a turd Fri Bull Durham 36
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Thu Malcolm 85
News In a national first, LGBT advocates sue Utah sc... Thu StraightYOP 16
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Wed Kathi 28,896
Utah sucks Dec 6 Lajeanna 3
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Dec 2 Robin 34

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance