Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#25803 May 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The sure sign you have got No Surprise.
Can't you even just use a wee-bit of that grey matter to think of just a bit of something intelligent to say? Do you always have to speak so lamely and pathetically?
You're racist buddy claimed 'mark' was in one single English Bible version and he knew that for a fact. So I showed him he was 'mistaken' by his idiocy of thought again. And your response was...
"The sure sign you have got No Surprise.'...lol...you are so predictable....you go dude...

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25805 May 21, 2013
THE

HEBREW

WORD

IS

OWTH

IT'S

ONLY

USED

THAT

ONE

TIME

FOR

MARK

IN

THAT

PASSAGE
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You really know little of the scriptures. You're a very uninformed pathetic idiot at times like this. So mark is only used in the KJV huh? Suck up some more of your pathetic idiocy...
New International Version (©2011)
But the LORD said to him, "Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.
New Living Translation (©2007)
The LORD replied, "No, for I will give a sevenfold punishment to anyone who kills you." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain to warn anyone who might try to kill him.
English Standard Version (©2001)
Then the LORD said to him,“Not so! If anyone kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the LORD put a mark on Cain, lest any who found him should attack him.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Then the LORD replied to him, "In that case, whoever kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over." And He placed a mark on Cain so that whoever found him would not kill him.
NET Bible (©2006)
But the LORD said to him, "All right then, if anyone kills Cain, Cain will be avenged seven times as much." Then the LORD put a special mark on Cain so that no one who found him would strike him down.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slays Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
American King James Version
And the LORD said to him, Therefore whoever slays Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark on Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
Douay-Rheims Bible
And the Lord said to him: No, it shall not be so: but whosoever shall kill Cain, shall be punished sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, that whosoever found him should not kill him.
Darby Bible Translation
And Jehovah said to him, Therefore, whoever slayeth Cain, it shall be revenged sevenfold. And Jehovah set a mark on Cain, lest any finding him should smite him.
Webster's Bible Translation
And the LORD said to him, Therefore whoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him seven-fold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Location hidden

#25806 May 21, 2013
No I didn't liar

I said the word is used only for "mark" ONE TIME in the English translations.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you even just use a wee-bit of that grey matter to think of just a bit of something intelligent to say? Do you always have to speak so lamely and pathetically?
You're racist buddy claimed 'mark' was in one single English Bible version and he knew that for a fact. So I showed him he was 'mistaken' by his idiocy of thought again. And your response was...
"The sure sign you have got No Surprise.'...lol...you are so predictable....you go dude...

Location hidden

#25807 May 21, 2013
Now find

ONE SPOT

in ANY translation

Where "OWTH" is used to mean a "Mark"

a PHYSICAL MARK.

77 times "OWTH" is used in Hebrew

sign 60,
token 14,
ensign 2,
miracles 2,
mark 1 (this stupid translation we are arguing about).

When a passage is used to translate into English ONE TIME out of 77... that is clear that some kind of bias
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You really know little of the scriptures. You're a very uninformed pathetic idiot at times like this. So mark is only used in the KJV huh? Suck up some more of your pathetic idiocy...
New International Version (©2011)
But the LORD said to him, "Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.
New Living Translation (©2007)
The LORD replied, "No, for I will give a sevenfold punishment to anyone who kills you." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain to warn anyone who might try to kill him.
English Standard Version (©2001)
Then the LORD said to him,“Not so! If anyone kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the LORD put a mark on Cain, lest any who found him should attack him.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Then the LORD replied to him, "In that case, whoever kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over." And He placed a mark on Cain so that whoever found him would not kill him.
NET Bible (©2006)
But the LORD said to him, "All right then, if anyone kills Cain, Cain will be avenged seven times as much." Then the LORD put a special mark on Cain so that no one who found him would strike him down.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slays Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
American King James Version
And the LORD said to him, Therefore whoever slays Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark on Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
Douay-Rheims Bible
And the Lord said to him: No, it shall not be so: but whosoever shall kill Cain, shall be punished sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, that whosoever found him should not kill him.
Darby Bible Translation
And Jehovah said to him, Therefore, whoever slayeth Cain, it shall be revenged sevenfold. And Jehovah set a mark on Cain, lest any finding him should smite him.
Webster's Bible Translation
And the LORD said to him, Therefore whoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him seven-fold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25808 May 21, 2013
osirica wrote:
THE
HEBREW
WORD
IS
OWTH
IT'S
ONLY
USED
THAT
ONE
TIME
FOR
MARK
IN
THAT
PASSAGE
<quoted text>
That is how he debates. He changes the meaning of what you are actually saying.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25809 May 21, 2013
osirica wrote:
Now find
ONE SPOT
in ANY translation
Where "OWTH" is used to mean a "Mark"
a PHYSICAL MARK.
77 times "OWTH" is used in Hebrew
sign 60,
token 14,
ensign 2,
miracles 2,
mark 1 (this stupid translation we are arguing about).
When a passage is used to translate into English ONE TIME out of 77... that is clear that some kind of bias
<quoted text>
you think Heavenly Father gave him a birthmark...

ahahaha

and where did he put this birth mark?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25810 May 21, 2013
for killing his brother... Heavenly Father gave him a birth mark on his a**?

Where?

Nose?
Earlobe?
Forehead?

How big was it...?

Please I really want to know the answers to the birth mark saga of Cain.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25811 May 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how you debate...

A.C.C.U.S.E.R.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25812 May 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Impressive... a response that is longer than a one liner, I wasn't sure you had it in ya.

All you proved is that you will side with a racist bigot whore to prove the Church wrong,

because you are an atheist liar, who won't even research facts or comments as potential truths. You just give your ignorant one liners without even thinking.

Unless you threaten to kill Jesus, or his prophets.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25813 May 21, 2013
Wrong reply... sorry No Surprise... that was meant for Dana above.

Location hidden

#25814 May 21, 2013
Yea so do I

because changing his ENTIRE BODY FROM ONE COLOR TO ANOTHER

IS NOT A MARK
sportxmouse wrote:
for killing his brother... Heavenly Father gave him a birth mark on his a**?
Where?
Nose?
Earlobe?
Forehead?
How big was it...?
Please I really want to know the answers to the birth mark saga of Cain.

Location hidden

#25815 May 21, 2013
Changing his "ENTIRE BODY COLOR"

is not

"a mark"

If you're so cynical about a "birthmark"

How is it you take "CHANGING THE ENTIRE BODY COLOR" so seriously?

Hmmm sparky? Riddle that?

It says "a mark", and that's from "an oath".

How do you and these Morons get "his entire body color changed"

Not a "mark" on his body

as the BIBLE says

No, the entire BODY changed color itself.

NOT like the BIBLE says.

How did that notion come about?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
you think Heavenly Father gave him a birthmark...
ahahaha
and where did he put this birth mark?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25816 May 21, 2013
osirica wrote:
is not
"a mark"
Not a "mark" on his body
as the BIBLE says
NOT like the BIBLE says.
<quoted text>
She drinks Mormon Kool-Aid by the gallon. She is the type that would kill herself if the LDS prophet told her to.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25818 May 21, 2013
osirica wrote:
THE
HEBREW
WORD
IS
OWTH
IT'S
ONLY
USED
THAT
ONE
TIME
FOR
MARK
IN
THAT
PASSAGE
<quoted text>
"OWTH is only used in KJV to translate as a mark in THAT passage."

You do see why I took your sentence to mean what it said? Thankyou for the clarification :)

Passages using "mark" from the word 'owth' in the KJV...

Genesis 4:15
And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Leviticus 19:28
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

Ruth 3:4
And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do.

1 Samuel 1:12
And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli marked her mouth.

1 Samuel 20:20
And I will shoot three arrows on the side thereof, as though I shot at a mark.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25819 May 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...no I didn't. He stated... "OWTH is only used in KJV (ONLY USED IN THE KJV)to translate as a mark in THAT passage." He wrote what he meant. But unlike you the coward, he had the honesty to restate what he really meant though he was wrong on that account also.

Genesis 4:15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.
Ruth 3:4 And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do. 1 Samuel 1:12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli marked her mouth.
1 Samuel 20:20 And I will shoot three arrows on the side thereof, as though I shot at a mark.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25820 May 21, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Wrong reply... sorry No Surprise... that was meant for Dana above.
lol...that's okay ;)

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25821 May 22, 2013
osirica wrote:
is not
"a mark"
Not a "mark" on his body
as the BIBLE says
NOT like the BIBLE says.
<quoted text>
Riddle for the racist bigot whore:

THE MARK SET UPON CAIN WAS SUPPOSED TO SET HIM APART SO OTHERS WOULD KNOW WHO HE WAS AND WOULD NOT KILL HIM.

How would people know
who he was
from the side or
from behind or
from the front

instantly, so they didn't kill him by mistake?

Location hidden

#25823 May 22, 2013
GOT YOU!

Leviticus 19:28 - does not use the hebrew "OWTH". Uses a different Hebrew word.

Same for the others!

Leviticus 19:28 - "QA'AKA" which was NOT used for Cain. This is the word that WOULD have been used in Hebrew if Cain was actually given a physical mark!
Ruth 3:4 - "QAL" which means to make a "note"!(Mark this down)
1 Sam 1:12 - "SHAMAR" which means to take heed.(Mark my words)
1 Sam 20:20 - "MATTARA" which refers to an easy target,(He's a mark)

NONE OF THESE MATCH YOUR LYING FILTH

I've WAITED for this. You tried and tried to avoid and I forced your hand.

And you know what's so funny? You tried to sneak it by didn't you?

Throw the various hebrew words in for the same "ENGLISH" word.

The English word "mark" has several meanings, some are even homograms. In the END, none of those and none of the Hebrew words for "discoloration" is used to describe black people.

You little PUNK! I finally GOT YOU
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
"OWTH is only used in KJV to translate as a mark in THAT passage."
You do see why I took your sentence to mean what it said? Thankyou for the clarification :)
Passages using "mark" from the word 'owth' in the KJV...
Genesis 4:15
And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
Leviticus 19:28
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.
Ruth 3:4
And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do.
1 Samuel 1:12
And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli marked her mouth.
1 Samuel 20:20
And I will shoot three arrows on the side thereof, as though I shot at a mark.

Location hidden

#25824 May 22, 2013
1. Changing his skin to a black person wouldn't help him stand out in any way. Why would you think it would? Why would you assume it's black skin verses any other color? Isn't that racist?

2. Even still, he's targeted not "by accident" but because people would come after him for killing his brother. THEREFORE, people WOULD recognize him, THEN try to kill him.

WHICH MEANS...

Whatever the OWTH.. the SIGN is.. it would be a sign to the OTHERS that God is protecting him. THUS a mere change of skin color would not make such an effect.

But perhaps something supernatural to show his wouldbe killers to back off. Since the Hebrew word OWTH over SIXTY times ELSEWHERE refers to a sign. And those signs are usually miracles.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Riddle for the racist bigot whore:
THE MARK SET UPON CAIN WAS SUPPOSED TO SET HIM APART SO OTHERS WOULD KNOW WHO HE WAS AND WOULD NOT KILL HIM.
How would people know
who he was
from the side or
from behind or
from the front
instantly, so they didn't kill him by mistake?

Location hidden

#25825 May 22, 2013
No she's right.

You went and tried to counter by finding various uses of "mark" in English bibles.

yet the issue here isn't the use of "Mark" elsewhere, but in that passage.

Did the word Mark in that passage mean

Physical mark like a tatoo
Mark as in take a note
Mark as in mark my words
Mark as in easy target
and so on?

And despite all that, none of it, not in English or Hebrew refers to changing someone's ENTIRE BODY COLOR. That's not a "mark". That's like elsewhere in the Bible
"Can an Ethiopian changge his skin, or a leopard it's spots".

The concept of a dark skinned human "Shacor" or a racially black human "Kushim" is NEVER related to CAIN.... NOT ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE.

There is no implied notion of a Kushim having Shacor skin due to an "OWTH" or a "QA'AKA" by God on Cain.

In other words, no matter how many different ways you try to switch the hebrew OR English around

You cannot find a single instance of a black person related to anything about Cain or the mark of Cain.

No where is "Owth" used to imply the Ethiopian's skin is actually the result of a mark on Cain. Which would undoubtedly be referred to, IF IT WERE THE CASE.

Keep in mind 1. the Hebrew isn't talking about Ethiopians per-se, but black skinned people. 2. Leopard SPOTS are also right there.

Basically the Bible is inadvertently taunting you in Jeremiah 13:23.

And I am enjoying this.

I can't WAIT for your reply. Twist it like a PRETZEL and then say that it is me doing it.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...no I didn't. He stated... "OWTH is only used in KJV (ONLY USED IN THE KJV)to translate as a mark in THAT passage." He wrote what he meant. But unlike you the coward, he had the honesty to restate what he really meant though he was wrong on that account also.
Genesis 4:15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.
Ruth 3:4 And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do. 1 Samuel 1:12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli marked her mouth.
1 Samuel 20:20 And I will shoot three arrows on the side thereof, as though I shot at a mark.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Nail Live Concert at Sandy, Utah (Salt La... Jul 25 davidlawson 2
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul 22 wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Jul 21 dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1
News Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb '15 Blow 4

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages