Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25685 May 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
With idiocy you stated as if Mormons invented the word and no one else had ever used the word...
"Tell the Mormons, it's their belief. It is what they teach in the temple his name is."
Now you are arguing against something I didn't claim, a usual ploy to try to win the debate. I didn't say they invented it, I said that is what they claim is the name of God is. The idiocy is yours. Pathetic.

Marysville, CA

#25686 May 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Welll, prove it. Very simple. Show what's actually stated as a norm by scholars concerning history that isn't based on rumours and paste where I distorted that information. Or is this another one of your many empty hot air statements?
Why do I need scholars when we have the plain teachings of the leaders? Spin doctors prove nothing. Hot air statements come from people like you who claim the Word of Wisdom isn't a commandment.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#25687 May 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope some day you really learn what the real meaning of the term "racist" means. Saying that Adam is black isn't. Only a retard would make that claim. Saying that black people are representatives of Satan is.
There are times I need a shower after reading your ignorant slime you call posts.
As usual when you can't win a debate you resort to name calling.
Seeing how you claim you were raised by a bigoted racist father all your life, you wouldn't know what a racist isn't.
So let's discuss this a bit for you.
Do you understand the following bigoted/racist sayings? "White power!" "Black power!" "Brown power!" "Yellow power!" "Red power!" If you don't understand those racist sayings let me explain them to your pathetic ignorance.
Those are phrases people use who feel their 'colour' is supreme above all others and it usually will have a religious connotation behind it they use to support their racist phrase..."White power!" "Black power!" "Brown power!" "Yellow power!" "Red power!" They will tell you God is their colour and their colour came first and they may or may not explain how other colours came to be.
Osirica is a racist.
Osirica is a black Christian power racist.
I have spoken to him for up to a year of his black power racist beliefs. The only thing he's never typed is "Black power!"
He has stated his God is a black God.
He has stated God prefered the colour black over all other colours and that is why he'll tell you God created a black African with tight black curly hair, a wide flat nose and thick lips to adapt to the African environment where Eden is according to him.
God is black.
Adam and Eve were Black.
All of humanity past Noah were black.
Israelites were black and jews were black.
Being black is being superior to all other colours for osirica.
Thus for your retarded, pathetic, superior stupid ignorance all of that factual information he has stated qualifies/verufies him as a black racist.
But since you were raised as a white racist by who you have said/insinuated was a white bigoted/racist father, it is understandable that with your problems in judgement, you wouldn't know a racist because you were one.
Your own past racist slime is coming through your clothes again, go shower :)

Marysville, CA

#25688 May 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that song..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xlbDHejQFV4XX
I wonder how long it will be before they make the movie version.

Marysville, CA

#25689 May 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing how you claim you were raised by a bigoted racist father all your life, you wouldn't know what a racist isn't.
So let's discuss this a bit for you.
Do you understand the following bigoted/racist sayings? "White power!" "Black power!" "Brown power!" "Yellow power!" "Red power!" If you don't understand those racist sayings let me explain them to your pathetic ignorance.
Those are phrases people use who feel their 'colour' is supreme above all others and it usually will have a religious connotation behind it they use to support their racist phrase..."White power!" "Black power!" "Brown power!" "Yellow power!" "Red power!" They will tell you God is their colour and their colour came first and they may or may not explain how other colours came to be.
Osirica is a racist.
Osirica is a black Christian power racist.
I have spoken to him for up to a year of his black power racist beliefs. The only thing he's never typed is "Black power!"
He has stated his God is a black God.
He has stated God prefered the colour black over all other colours and that is why he'll tell you God created a black African with tight black curly hair, a wide flat nose and thick lips to adapt to the African environment where Eden is according to him.
God is black.
Adam and Eve were Black.
All of humanity past Noah were black.
Israelites were black and jews were black.
Being black is being superior to all other colours for osirica.
Thus for your retarded, pathetic, superior stupid ignorance all of that factual information he has stated qualifies/verufies him as a black racist.
But since you were raised as a white racist by who you have said/insinuated was a white bigoted/racist father, it is understandable that with your problems in judgement, you wouldn't know a racist because you were one.
Your own past racist slime is coming through your clothes again, go shower :)
If I'm the racist, why isn't Osirica debating against my beliefs instead of yours? "Were" is the key word. Yes, I was a racist, it was what I was taught. But I started using my own mind, and came out of it. Just like i used my own mind and came out of Mormonism. So yes, I can see what is racist, and what is not. Unlike you who keeps defending the racist teaching of Mormonism that black people are Satan's representatives on Earth. I was a racist, you still are.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25690 May 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called making a point. She is pointing out how little Mormonism really thinks about it's female member.
lol...do you like get bored and decide what stupid thing you can put together for a post? Do you?
She wasn't making a point. She asked a question in her original post followed by a sarcastic remark.
I then accused her of asking a stupid question because I said she knew the answer.
She then took offense that I called hern question stupid.
Would you like me to go back and paste our posts?
She can accuse anything she wants as she normally does. But there's a reason why Mormonism knows very little of their heavenly Mother just as there's a reason why Christians know nothing of the origin of their God except for his involvement he has in this life.

Location hidden

#25691 May 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how long it will be before they make the movie version.
It's in the works!

Location hidden

#25692 May 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...do you like get bored and decide what stupid thing you can put together for a post? Do you?
She wasn't making a point. She asked a question in her original post followed by a sarcastic remark.
I then accused her of asking a stupid question because I said she knew the answer.
She can accuse anything she wants as she normally does. But there's a reason why Mormonism knows very little of their heavenly Mother just as there's a reason why Christians know nothing of the origin of their God except for his involvement he has in this life.
Who is your heavenly mother, Ted? Or maybe you arent so sure...it could be one of billions, right?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25693 May 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Eden is in Jackson County, MO. LOL!!!!
So call me stupid and a retard for asking this about that response.
You were a Mormon for 30+ years.
You claim you were an active Mormon for some period of your later Mormon years.
You claimed you had a lot to do with Mormon history or something similar at the end of your Mormon career.
And now in response to nomo's post you laugh like a hyena like this is the first time you ever heard that??? Am I missing something???
A more appropriate response from you would have been some sarcastic response of how you'd been taught that all your Mormon life and now know it's not true.
But you restated nomo's statement like you'd had never known that Mormons think Eden was in Missouri and that it was just the funniest thing you have heard in awhile. That shouldn't have been the response from a person that had been told in sacrament talks and sunday classes all their active Mormon life that Mormon Eden was in Missouri. Her statement should never have provoked that response as it would have been long, old old news to you.
Me thinks you have revealed that just maybe, you weren't the Mormon you claim to have been. Me thinks this laughing post of yours says you were probably a jack Mormon most all your Mormon life and you rarely attended as you claim you did attend.
No one rightly laughs that hard at old old news they heard for 30+ years.
Me thinks you pulled the sheeps costume off the wolf just a tad bit too far this time :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25694 May 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why keep debating it as if you do? You've certainly have made a lot of claims for someone who doesn't know.
See, osirica is like you in that he states what God can do and what God won't do. Like you have never said it, neither has osirica ever actually claimed a lot of what he says/believes of God is his opinion. Like you he has never stated that God can make decisions to do things that he doesn't like.
Osirica in his quest to prove is racist superior beliefs by challenging what he calls racist beliefs, he has failed to note my point is that Cain was marked with dark skin. My point is that if God wants to change a persons skin colour he can do that. And in Kings I found a perfect example of where God did just that. God cursed a man with leprosy. But on top of cursing him with leprosy which doesn't change a persons natural skin colour, this man also had his skin turned white as snow. You can google/bing images of people with leprosy. There is no such thing as a 'white as snow leper'. Lepers end up with patches of pale skin. But that isn't what was said to have happened to him as with Miriam having a 'white lepored' hand. He was turned 'white as snow' and leprosy doesn't cause a person's skin to turn all white as snow.
So that means no matter why, if God wants to change a persons skin colour, he can because he did it in Kings.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25695 May 14, 2013
lol...that was suppose to be...

...he has failed to note my point is that Cain was,nt or was marked with dark skin.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25696 May 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are arguing against something I didn't claim, a usual ploy to try to win the debate. I didn't say they invented it, I said that is what they claim is the name of God is. The idiocy is yours. Pathetic.
That was your insinuation when you stated...
"Tell the Mormons, it's their belief. It is what they teach in the temple his name is."
You said that as if to insinuate Jews and Christians never used the word Elohim as a name/title for God/God the Father and that only Mormons did because it was their belief.
If that wasn't your insinuation you would have intelligently written...
"Tell the Mormons, Christians and Jews because it's all their belief. It is what they teach and it's what the Mormons teach in the temple his name is."

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25697 May 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I need scholars when we have the plain teachings of the leaders? Spin doctors prove nothing. Hot air statements come from people like you who claim the Word of Wisdom isn't a commandment.
Scholars? Spin doctors? And the WoW wasn't a commandment. IT BECAME A COMMANDMENT. Get the fricking information straight spin doctor...I claimed it wasn't a commandment because for close to a century it wasn't. I didn't know the WoW had become a commandment and I admitted it. Now you spin in another normal pathetic lie what I said to mean something else by excluding the rest of the story.
Know what Jesus said about people like you that constantly use lies and tell lies and perpetuate rumours for truths to have something slanderous to say of others?
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
You're a pathetic liar and you like being a liar because you thinking lying gets you closer to Jesus. If you want a list of actual lies you have stated say it. I'll gladly spend a bit of time to go back in just this thread to list your out right lies.
Next.
You stated "All you do is distort actual history is more like it."
I said prove it and you talk about scholars this and spin doctors that.
You accused me of distorting actual history. Either your a liar or your telling the truth. Supply the actual piece of history as it's accepted and than paste my statement where with purpose I distorted it to mean something entirely different. Do it or be a liar, waiting...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25698 May 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm the racist, why isn't Osirica debating against my beliefs instead of yours? "Were" is the key word. Yes, I was a racist, it was what I was taught. But I started using my own mind, and came out of it. Just like i used my own mind and came out of Mormonism. So yes, I can see what is racist, and what is not. Unlike you who keeps defending the racist teaching of Mormonism that black people are Satan's representatives on Earth. I was a racist, you still are.
lol...you're such a sad sack case dude. I never said YOU ARE A RACIST. I said you WERE raised as a racist and that you WERE a racist for having been raised as one so you claimed. I didn't say you STILL ARE A RACIST. Why can't you just read what I write? What is your issue with reading what was written? Why do you have to make a statement into something it isn't?
I'm a racist? lol...now you're just doing a little kid name calling game. Grow the frick up dude, you're too old to be acting so fricking immature!
Jesus called the Pharisees the devil's/Cain's representatives because they didn't abide in the truth and were liars like him. But he didn't call them black devils! You are retarded at times.
And I never defended any such teaching..."...you who keeps defending the racist teaching of Mormonism that black people are Satan's representatives on Earth." I never once defended any such teaching. So your a pathetic liar AGAIN! You keep resorting to lies to make points. You're a liar for Jesus because you think lying about what someone said is easier than addressing what they actually said.
And Osirica is a black racist with a racist supremacist ideology concerning God. That's a fact he has established for months, not I. He has defined himself a racist by his statements. I didn't do that, he did. Understand?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25699 May 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is your heavenly mother, Ted? Or maybe you arent so sure...it could be one of billions, right?
As an actor once claimed... "I'm surrounded by idiots!" ...lol Ted? You dip into Dana's bag of immaturity to call me Ted? lol...I am not surprised...lol Oh my gosh would you two ever make a perfect pair in a relationship...your sarcasm, your cynicism, the lies, the disrespect and hate and anger and loathing you dish out and project to others...you two would be a nightmare for the devil himself to face,,,lolol.

Location hidden

#25700 May 14, 2013
Only the saints who make it to the celestial will have genitals...the rest of you poor souls may all be white and straight and look like ken dolls for ever and ever.

Marysville, CA

#25701 May 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Post what you want, but anyone reading what she was posting could see what point she was actually making. But some people want to act like a 2 yr if it isn't spelled out 100% for them. That is your problem, not mine.

Marysville, CA

#25702 May 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
So call me stupid and a retard for asking this about that response.
You were a Mormon for 30+ years.
You claim you were an active Mormon for some period of your later Mormon years.
You claimed you had a lot to do with Mormon history or something similar at the end of your Mormon career.
And now in response to nomo's post you laugh like a hyena like this is the first time you ever heard that??? Am I missing something???
Apparently are when you starting reading that in those 4 or 5 words. I was just laughing at that belief.
A more appropriate response from you would have been some sarcastic response of how you'd been taught that all your Mormon life and now know it's not true.
Now, you want to tell me how I should post? WTF?
But you restated nomo's statement like you'd had never known that Mormons think Eden was in Missouri and that it was just the funniest thing you have heard in awhile. That shouldn't have been the response from a person that had been told in sacrament talks and sunday classes all their active Mormon life that Mormon Eden was in Missouri. Her statement should never have provoked that response as it would have been long, old old news to you.
Me thinks you have revealed that just maybe, you weren't the Mormon you claim to have been. Me thinks this laughing post of yours says you were probably a jack Mormon most all your Mormon life and you rarely attended as you claim you did attend.
No one rightly laughs that hard at old old news they heard for 30+ years.
Me thinks you pulled the sheeps costume off the wolf just a tad bit too far this time :)
Me thinks you need a life.

Marysville, CA

#25703 May 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Scholars? Spin doctors? And the WoW wasn't a commandment. IT BECAME A COMMANDMENT. Get the fricking information straight spin doctor...I claimed it wasn't a commandment because for close to a century it wasn't. I didn't know the WoW had become a commandment and I admitted it. Now you spin in another normal pathetic lie what I said to mean something else by excluding the rest of the story.
If you didn't know the WoW is a commandment you have zero business trying to defend the LDS church. Any Primary child understands it.
Know what Jesus said about people like you that constantly use lies and tell lies and perpetuate rumours for truths to have something slanderous to say of others?
My statement about the WoW was correct, your wasn't. That makes you the liar, or if you really didn't know it, very, very stupid. Even to outsiders the Mormon is almost best known for their WoW beliefs, no coffee, no tea, etc... Yet you, the great Mormon defender didn't know this?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25704 May 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Post what you want, but anyone reading what she was posting could see what point she was actually making. But some people want to act like a 2 yr if it isn't spelled out 100% for them. That is your problem, not mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News These two 'Gilmore Girls' stars just posted a p... 23 hr GREG 3
Jayden Sterzer (Apr '16) Jul 19 White 54 25
Review: Anna Trupp Lcsw (Jun '14) Jul 14 Speakout 8
News Christopher Muther/Globe Staff Christopher Muth... Jul 14 Tea Bag Residue C... 2
Coffee leads to longer life and better health, ... Jul 13 Bull Durham 3
News UTA PARATRANSIT: UTA says Paratransit riders ma... (Feb '10) Jul 12 Tyler 4
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Jul 9 BAMA 119

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages