Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32097 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#25661 May 13, 2013
osirica wrote:
The problem is,
You're using that to make a case on another passage in the Bible where skin color was not mentioned nor implied.
You then try to get around that by recontextualizing even other parts of the Bible, not even relating to this part, to make it appear that the environment or circumstances would lead to it being about skin color.
So then you ARE debating cain's color.
<quoted text>
Your problem is denial.
There is leprosy.
There is leprosy with light colored and rarely actual white coloured patches of skin except in the case of some scarring where a limb at some part was lost and cut off.
BUT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOTAL SKIN COLOURED WHITE AS SNOW LOOKING LEPROSY. It doesn't exist. I can't even find a picture of a person with leprosy who has just a large or medium size patch of white as snow leprosy. Even small patches are hard to find and there's thousands of pictures of lepers on the web.
The man was cursed with leprosy. And the man's entire body was changed to what we would call 'white leprosy' if it was to be described. That 'whiteness' was a second curse because...wait for it...because....BECAUSE LEPERS REMAIN THEIR ORIGINAL SKIN COLOUR. They don't become a leper and turn pink or tan or white or yellow or any other colour. A black leper stays black. A yellow leper stays yellow. A Caucasian leper stays Caucasian, etc, etc.
Having his skin turned white as snow means he received a secondary curse on top of being cursed to be a leper.
Deny that information all you want.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25662 May 13, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's stupid to want to know about heavenly mother?...it's stupid to believe gods have harems in heaven.
Noooooooo...lol. Wanting to know/understand something is one thing.
You wanted to know her name. Wanting to know a name that doesn't exist for us is a stupid/ignorant question in light of the fact that you already knew the LDS don't have a name for her. So requesting information that you know doesn't exist is a worthless question to begin with, just saying :) Unless, unless you thought the LDS had a name for her you thought existed though it doesn't? Then your question would have been an honest one, not stupid or ignorant.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25663 May 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact that one of the major selling points for my Dad joining the LDS church was the teaching that black people were Satan's representatives on Earth.
That tid-bit of your father would insinuate he was a racist and or a bigot before you were born since he was a member before your birth.
That also includes you being raised by a mom that cussed like a sailor and a dad that was a racist and or a bigot.
That means you grew up cussing with disrespect and preferred a foul mouth over clean speech and were ingrained to think like a racist and or a bigot.
That would explain the sources of your immaturity, anger, hate, resentment and dark/vile speech filled with disrespecting sarcasm.
I would have to say on a positive note that you've come a long way from such a damaging childhood if all you say/insinuate of it is true?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25664 May 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact that one of the major selling points for my Dad joining the LDS church was the teaching that black people were Satan's representatives on Earth.
FYI...Though it doesn't mean it was a correct belief, that traditional teaching/belief stemed from the following verse Christians taught for centuries of black people...

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25665 May 13, 2013
osirica wrote:
http://www.aish.com/sp/ph/4895 6911.html
The first human ever to walk the earth was named Adam. The Torah explains the name. The Hebrew word for earth is adama. God formed man from the dust of the earth, and on the simplest level, that connection with adama, earth, is the basis for man's name.
DONE READING IT
FIRST PARAGRAPH THERE BUDDY...
HERE'S PARAGRAPH SEVEN
The metaphor of the ground and its centrality in man's name is no coincidence. The simple act of planting a seed is a powerful symbol of man's potential.
YOU
ARE
DONE
SON!!!!!
<quoted text>
(heavy sigh)...no, you are done because you wish to do your racist spin on the Bible and that's all there is to it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25666 May 13, 2013
osirica wrote:
You got defeated by your OWN LINK!
No. As is your usual spin for your racist dialogue, you compared and tried to prove your racist rant of Adam being black like the colour of over water dirt.
The link made no comparison of Adam's skin colour to the ground he was created from.
Your a fricking black racist and you'll remain a black racist because that's what you love being. You don't know how to live and not be a racist.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25667 May 13, 2013
osirica wrote:
You do not go after ludicrious thinking!
Black people were cursed from the mark of cain... ludicrous thinking!
You do not GO after that!
YOU JUSTIFY IT
"oh gee the dust was light"
"They had a hard time growing crops"
"his grandchildren had the mark"
"Eden was the entire earth"
<quoted text>
No I don't. I don't go after black people that think whites were cursed through Cain. I don't go after natives that speak of how some colours came by way of transgressions and curses of certain animals doing this and that. I don't waste my time going after racists like you.
I will debate and discuss things. That I will do.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25668 May 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell the Mormons, it's their belief. It is what they teach in the temple his name is.
My fricking gosh please do just a little reading before you think about making a statement. Can you do that? Elohim is the Mormon's belief? Like it's not anyone else's belief? Pleaseeee......

http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/El...

El
Elohim

Elohim is one of three Divine Names by which the Creator is known as He creates. The creation account is probably the most difficult and most enigmatic passages in the Bible. It starts at the beginning and it doesn't really end.

There are three stages upon which the creation unfolds. The first stage stretches from Genesis 1:1 to 2:4. During this period God is known as Elohim. From Genesis 2:4 He is known as YHWH Elohim. The third stage starts around the Noah cycle and flows over into the Abraham cycle and beyond across the rest of the Bible. Abraham, after all, was the first to believe and became not only a new creation but also the first of a new continuum of new creations. During this stage God is known as Dabar YHWH, or Word Of God.

For more on this read our article on the Chaotic Set Theory

'Elohim' is a plural word, which is peculiar because God is one (Deuteronomy 6:4). The etymology is generally deemed uncertain but most likely it comes from ('lh), and perhaps from , the plural of , el, the common Canaanite word for god.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25669 May 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't try to prove they are true, you just defend everything they teach. How ignorant can you be?.
Nooo. I defend nothing of the sort. Prove it if you can. Post one post of mine where the intent was to defend Mormon doctrine.
On the other hand, I have consistently tried to unravel the Mormon doctrine/history you and others twist so pathetically to have something vile and negative to say.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25670 May 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I treat you like a fool because you think we are. Everyone sees thru your pitiful BS excuses to justify disgusting teachings.
lol....noooooooo...lol. I don't think anyone is an actual 24/7 fool. People prove to think/speak as fools that is true, even I have my times ;)P
Teachings are a discernment to the person considering them.
Consider this for an example: Pretend how you are mentally right now that you have been transported to the time of Moses when they were in the wilderness receiving all the various commandments they were receiving.
Now list all the commandments/teachings you'd claim were disgusting in spite of them being from God himself. List ten commandments/laws to begin with. Do you understand the point of this challenge?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25671 May 13, 2013
A joke for Crazy, and not Ashamed:

So... A Mormon was seated next to an Irishman on a flight from London. After the plane was airborne, drink orders were taken.

The Irishman asked for a whiskey, which was promptly brought and placed before him.

The flight attendant then asked the Mormon if he would like a drink. He replied in disgust, "I'd rather be savagely raped by a dozen whores than let liquor touch my lips."

The Irishman then handed his drink back to the attendant and said, "Me, too, I didn't know we had a choice..."

Marysville, CA

#25672 May 13, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Nooo. I defend nothing of the sort. Prove it if you can. Post one post of mine where the intent was to defend Mormon doctrine.
On the other hand, I have consistently tried to unravel the Mormon doctrine/history you and others twist so pathetically to have something vile and negative to say.
All you do is distort actual history is more like it.

Marysville, CA

#25673 May 13, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
My fricking gosh please do just a little reading before you think about making a statement. Can you do that? Elohim is the Mormon's belief? Like it's not anyone else's belief? Pleaseeee......
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/El...
El
Elohim
Elohim is one of three Divine Names by which the Creator is known as He creates. The creation account is probably the most difficult and most enigmatic passages in the Bible. It starts at the beginning and it doesn't really end.
There are three stages upon which the creation unfolds. The first stage stretches from Genesis 1:1 to 2:4. During this period God is known as Elohim. From Genesis 2:4 He is known as YHWH Elohim. The third stage starts around the Noah cycle and flows over into the Abraham cycle and beyond across the rest of the Bible. Abraham, after all, was the first to believe and became not only a new creation but also the first of a new continuum of new creations. During this stage God is known as Dabar YHWH, or Word Of God.
For more on this read our article on the Chaotic Set Theory
'Elohim' is a plural word, which is peculiar because God is one (Deuteronomy 6:4). The etymology is generally deemed uncertain but most likely it comes from ('lh), and perhaps from , the plural of , el, the common Canaanite word for god.
Can't make your mind up? I though you claimed God didn't have a proper name?

Marysville, CA

#25674 May 13, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. As is your usual spin for your racist dialogue, you compared and tried to prove your racist rant of Adam being black like the colour of over water dirt.
The link made no comparison of Adam's skin colour to the ground he was created from.
Your a fricking black racist and you'll remain a black racist because that's what you love being. You don't know how to live and not be a racist.
I hope some day you really learn what the real meaning of the term "racist" means. Saying that Adam is black isn't. Only a retard would make that claim. Saying that black people are representatives of Satan is.
There are times I need a shower after reading your ignorant slime you call posts.
As usual when you can't win a debate you resort to name calling.

Marysville, CA

#25675 May 13, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Noooooooo...lol. Wanting to know/understand something is one thing.
You wanted to know her name. Wanting to know a name that doesn't exist for us is a stupid/ignorant question in light of the fact that you already knew the LDS don't have a name for her. So requesting information that you know doesn't exist is a worthless question to begin with, just saying :) Unless, unless you thought the LDS had a name for her you thought existed though it doesn't? Then your question would have been an honest one, not stupid or ignorant.
It's called making a point. She is pointing out how little Mormonism really thinks about it's female member.

Marysville, CA

#25676 May 13, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked this. There is nothing out there on the web that actually defines what 'Eden' was.
8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden
There is nothing that defines what 'Eden' was. But according to your philosophy scientists, parts of Eden are submerged under three different seas. The seas came to be because of glaciers melting. That insinuates Eden existed, then massive ice sheets from snow that melted and flooded once dry areas of land. You also have to toss in that your philosophy scientists also acknowledge plate tectonics separated their 'supposed' Eden into jigsaw pieces. Saudi Arabia use to be connected to the east, north-east of Africa which was part of the Eden you claim is in Africa. Than you have the south, south-west part of Turkey that use to be attached to Egypt before plate tectonics separated it.
So Eden according to your logic and mine use to be one single solid piece of land with some lakes but no seas as they now exist from glacier melt.
So you have reinforced my theory that at one time the earth was a single continent. That it was later split apart and came to be as it is. And your Eden being a solid piece of unflooded land also gives credit to that theory.
Nice job :)
Eden is in Jackson County, MO. LOL!!!!

Marysville, CA

#25677 May 13, 2013
osirica wrote:
You do not go after ludicrious thinking!
Black people were cursed from the mark of cain... ludicrous thinking!
You do not GO after that!
YOU JUSTIFY IT
"oh gee the dust was light"
"They had a hard time growing crops"
"his grandchildren had the mark"
"Eden was the entire earth"
<quoted text>
A demonstration that ultimately nothing is too disgusting to believe or attribute to God to him.

Marysville, CA

#25678 May 13, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that Cain did or didn't have his skin colour changed. Since I don't know I can't take a side.
No matter what colour I assign Adam and take your position that Cain didn't have his skin colour changed, I have all the same similar unanswered questions below no matter what colour you give to Adam.
Then why keep debating it as if you do? You've certainly have made a lot of claims for someone who doesn't know.

Location hidden

#25679 May 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Eden is in Jackson County, MO. LOL!!!!
I love that song..

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25682 May 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
A joke for Crazy, and not Ashamed:
So... A Mormon was seated next to an Irishman on a flight from London. After the plane was airborne, drink orders were taken.
The Irishman asked for a whiskey, which was promptly brought and placed before him.
The flight attendant then asked the Mormon if he would like a drink. He replied in disgust, "I'd rather be savagely raped by a dozen whores than let liquor touch my lips."
The Irishman then handed his drink back to the attendant and said, "Me, too, I didn't know we had a choice..."
Now that was funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) 3 hr ladydtoosweet 114
I was a visitor 20 hr visitor 1
Prostitutes In Valley Fair Mall.. (Oct '08) Fri putz pence AWOL 56
Jason chaffetz leaving congress Fri LAVON AFFAIR 3
News These Are the Wealthiest Small Towns in America Fri srhino 2
The Many God's of Mormonism Thu Christian 3
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages