Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,995

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25378 May 8, 2013
It's not history, and it certainly is not truth.

But you show us how your hate and ignorance clouds your mind.

No I would not want one, who comes from a religion like yours, leading my country.

And you saying "it's history" yet showing nothing historical to back it up...qualifies as truth.

Say "the four elements is truth, it's history, and you just don't want to face the truth"

Say "the flat earth is truth, it's history ,and you just don't want to face the truth"

Tell a lie, call it true, and tell us how we do not want to face your lies and acknowledge them as truth.

Come on... say it again... say it again! It sounds so profound and powerful when you say it. ANYTHING can be true!
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You make jokes?
It's history.
It's the truth.
You don't want to face the truth.

Location hidden

#25379 May 8, 2013
Why?

The do not come close to that of an entire religion that teaches that blacks came from Cain, and that their skin was from a mark placed on him and that they were cursed not to be priests.

ok maybe the nation of Islam. But who here supports that craziness...

Oh fun fact... LIKE Mormonism... Nation of Islam ALSO got it's start from the Masons!

So no, I do not worship Snopp Dogg as a prophet, I do not consider Sam Jackson an apostle. neither are writers of books considered holy by millions. Nor are their names revered as being sent by God to correct mistakes in Christianity.
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
So my point is, you should care about the blatant racism displayed by black people, famous black people I might add, like "Sam Jackson" and Snoop Dog." Just as you think I should care about about what whites say and believe. Right? By saying "I don't care," you're tolerating it and saying that it's okay.

Location hidden

#25380 May 8, 2013
But your religion teache that Adam and Eve were white and so on...

So how is my version favoritism, but Mormon version is not?
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I don't know. Is white skin a curse? Is that your belief that you're cursed because you believe Adam and Eve are black and if their black, that would show colour favoritism by your logic so according to you and Osirica God's a racist who created the first (as Osirica likes to say it) racial skin colour out of favoritism.
Since you think your cursed to have white skin, I'm curious to know your theory of how God came to curse you with white skin instead of having black skin as Adam and Eve had as you have stated.

Since: Sep 12

Springfield, MO

#25381 May 8, 2013
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>Why?

The do not come close to that of an entire religion that teaches that blacks came from Cain, and that their skin was from a mark placed on him and that they were cursed not to be priests.

ok maybe the nation of Islam. But who here supports that craziness...

Oh fun fact... LIKE Mormonism... Nation of Islam ALSO got it's start from the Masons!

So no, I do not worship Snopp Dogg as a prophet, I do not consider Sam Jackson an apostle. neither are writers of books considered holy by millions. Nor are their names revered as being sent by God to correct mistakes in Christianity.
Because intolerance is intolerance. Small or large. No matter who it comes from. Because of their fame, they have a lot of influence among the black people. And if you don't think they do, then you're not as smart as you think you are. Their racism has no basis other than they are white. And you not caring, or making allowances for them, is sickening. Which only shows that you are a racist. Otherwise, you would condemn what they say. You know Hitler's thoughts and ideas started in a tavern over a few beers, right?

Location hidden

#25382 May 8, 2013
Not so.

some ignorance is clearly far more damaging than others.

Slavery and anti-black hate is far more damaging than one's desire to vote for someone because they are black (which is, in itself a response to the aforementioned anti-black hate).

You DO know that they vote for Obama not because he is black, but as a statement against those who would continue to stand against a black man leading this country.

Snoop Dogg and Samuel Jackson do not contemplate eradicating white people. Snopp Dogg slept with a few, and Samuel Jackson works happily with many.

And again neither is stating they are a prophet from God.

So no, their voting preference isn't even a matter of intolerance. It's certainly a statement against the intolerance of those voting against Obama because he's black.

See, blacks 99.99999999% of the time are RESPONDING to white racist intolerance. You view their RESPONSES on the same level you view the UNsolicited anti-black hate that perpetuates all this.

So then for you, you want to make Hitler and Joseph Smith's hate as small as oooh Snoop Dogg or Samuel Jackson's position (which is not of hate)
<quoted text>
Because intolerance is intolerance. Small or large. No matter who it comes from. Because of their fame, they have a lot of influence among the black people. And if you don't think they do, then you're not as smart as you think you are. Their racism has no basis other than they are white. And you not caring, or making allowances for them, is sickening. Which only shows that you are a racist. Otherwise, you would condemn what they say. You know Hitler's thoughts and ideas started in a tavern over a few beers, right?

Location hidden

#25383 May 8, 2013
Or let me put it to you this way.

I voted for Obama because he's black.

But not because of his skin color. I voted for him, because it was clear to me the alternative was an offensive hateful choice that was meant to embarrass me, by having a purveyor of anti-black religious racism lead this country.

It was as if Republicans... the white ring party... wanted to taunt me with their choice of Romney. The white guy that believes that blacks were once cursed. Running against the black president.

You think maybe someone more competent and qualified could have been chosen? Or do you really see the far right as "not racist" just a little too principled on "other" things...

Cue the anti-tax violins
<quoted text>

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25384 May 8, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
“I was raised in a very religious household, one that taught that sex was something special that only happened between a husband and a wife who loved each other and that’s what I’d been raised, that’s what I'd always been determined to follow, that when I got married then and only then would I engage in sex."
A...Regarding any religious upbringing, her words above describe the mindset of nearly any virgin religious male and female that grow up feeling/being taught the same way and want to remain a virgin till their married. It's not just a Mormon way of thinking Dana, really :)
“I felt like my soul had been crushed. I felt like I wasn’t even human anymore. How could anybody want me or love me or care about me? I felt like life had no more meaning to it.”
“It’s feelings of self-worth. It’s feelings of ‘who would ever want me now?’ I’m worthless. That is what it was for me the first time I was raped."
A...The above is a classical description of how most all victims of rape feel. It's not just a feeling due to a religious upbringing. Those feelings have little to do with religious teachings. They've been forced into an act of physical and mental violence by the perp and virgins suffering a first time rape more so than non-virgins suffering a first time rape appear to suffer more mentally as she insinuates herself.
“...And so, for that first rape, I felt crushed –’Who could want me now?’ I felt so dirty and so filthy I understand so easily all too well why someone wouldn’t run. Because of that alone. I mean, you can imagine the most special thing being taken away from you –not that that was your only value in life –but something that de-valued you? Can you imagine going back into a society where you’re no longer valued? Where you’re no longer as good as everybody else?
In the above she described how most victims of rape feel mentally afterwards be it the first time or a third time. Studies have shown that people who are first time victims of home burglary describe some similar feelings of having been mentally raped.
She reacted to rape like most rape victims describe how they feel after being raped and then uses the church as her reasoning for staying with him? Did the church also teach her if she was kidnapped she should never try to escape? Did the church teach her kidnapping was sanctified by God as good and well and she should stay with her kidnapper and or marry him because she had sex with him regardless? Obviously no.
Her issue for why she stayed with a kidnapper for so long goes beyond a connection to her Mormon upbringing Dana, nice try dude :)
Sorry, but her conception of her shelf worth came from the teachings of her church. "Can you imagine going back into a society where you’re no longer valued? Where you’re no longer as good as everybody else?" Her society was a LDS one. She certainly knows what they taught her growing up. I know exactly what she means because I received those very same lessons. So yes, the LDS church is in part responsible in this as it is with their gay teens committing suicide also because of what the LDS church taught them.
Mormons love to give credit to their faith when it is something they think puts Mormonism in a positive life, but when their teachings turn and bite them on the ass, it has no responsibility at all.
You can't have it both ways, and you certainly can't bullshit you way out of this one. I have experienced this first hand as a member. And members making excuses don't mean jack either, because that is what members do, make excuses. Elizabeth Smart certainly knows why she didn't run a lot more than you do.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25385 May 8, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I don't know. Is white skin a curse? Is that your belief that you're cursed because you believe Adam and Eve are black and if their black, that would show colour favoritism by your logic so according to you and Osirica God's a racist who created the first (as Osirica likes to say it) racial skin colour out of favoritism.
Since you think your cursed to have white skin, I'm curious to know your theory of how God came to curse you with white skin instead of having black skin as Adam and Eve had as you have stated.
As that is the only verse in the Bible, it must mean that white skin is a curse by the logic of Smith, Young, and other leaders of the LDS church.

Or, mature people, people who aren't looking for reasons to discriminate another race understands that it was just a side effect of a disease, not the curse itself. They also understand the difference between a mark, and the changing of a persons skin color completely, in hope of justifying your barbarian desire to enslave a fellow human being. Or to make yourself feel superior.

Location hidden

#25386 May 8, 2013
Or to validate his hypocricy for holding on to the belief itself...
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
As that is the only verse in the Bible, it must mean that white skin is a curse by the logic of Smith, Young, and other leaders of the LDS church.
Or, mature people, people who aren't looking for reasons to discriminate another race understands that it was just a side effect of a disease, not the curse itself. They also understand the difference between a mark, and the changing of a persons skin color completely, in hope of justifying your barbarian desire to enslave a fellow human being. Or to make yourself feel superior.

Ava, MO

#25388 May 8, 2013
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>Not so.

some ignorance is clearly far more damaging than others.

Slavery and anti-black hate is far more damaging than one's desire to vote for someone because they are black (which is, in itself a response to the aforementioned anti-black hate).

You DO know that they vote for Obama not because he is black, but as a statement against those who would continue to stand against a black man leading this country.

Snoop Dogg and Samuel Jackson do not contemplate eradicating white people. Snopp Dogg slept with a few, and Samuel Jackson works happily with many.

And again neither is stating they are a prophet from God.

So no, their voting preference isn't even a matter of intolerance. It's certainly a statement against the intolerance of those voting against Obama because he's black.

See, blacks 99.99999999% of the time are RESPONDING to white racist intolerance. You view their RESPONSES on the same level you view the UNsolicited anti-black hate that perpetuates all this.

So then for you, you want to make Hitler and Joseph Smith's hate as small as oooh Snoop Dogg or Samuel Jackson's position (which is not of hate)
Racism is racism. You're only making allowances. It's futile to even bring up valid points with you. Why? Because you are always right, aren't you?(At least in your mind.) You've nothing new to say,or add, to make one think, or even consider your position. You just go on and on and on about the same tired crap. No one cares what you have to say anymore. Well, maybe one, definitely no more than two. You over did it like a five year old. When you post, all we hear now are the grown ups talking in a Peanuts cartoon. "Wah wa wa wah wah... Get it? In other words... you're a racist bore. Now, tell me that I'm wrong. Go ahead. I know you want too. Go on,,, tell me.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#25389 May 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but her conception of her shelf worth came from the teachings of her church. "Can you imagine going back into a society where you’re no longer valued? Where you’re no longer as good as everybody else?" Her society was a LDS one. She certainly knows what they taught her growing up. I know exactly what she means because I received those very same lessons. So yes, the LDS church is in part responsible in this as it is with their gay teens committing suicide also because of what the LDS church taught them.
Mormons love to give credit to their faith when it is something they think puts Mormonism in a positive life, but when their teachings turn and bite them on the ass, it has no responsibility at all.
You can't have it both ways, and you certainly can't bullshit you way out of this one. I have experienced this first hand as a member. And members making excuses don't mean jack either, because that is what members do, make excuses. Elizabeth Smart certainly knows why she didn't run a lot more than you do.
The cult still uses the "chewed gum/licked cupcake" lessons to teach young girls what its like for a man not to marry a virgin. I'm really proud of her for speaking up.

Ava, MO

#25390 May 8, 2013
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>Or let me put it to you this way.

I voted for Obama because he's black.

But not because of his skin color. I voted for him, because it was clear to me the alternative was an offensive hateful choice that was meant to embarrass me, by having a purveyor of anti-black religious racism lead this country.

It was as if Republicans... the white ring party... wanted to taunt me with their choice of Romney. The white guy that believes that blacks were once cursed. Running against the black president.

You think maybe someone more competent and qualified could have been chosen? Or do you really see the far right as "not racist" just a little too principled on "other" things...

Cue the anti-tax violins
Now that's funny! "I voted for Obama because he's black.

But not because of his skin color." Hahahahahaha!!! I can't stop laughing! Hahahahahaha!!! Lolololol!!!! Cough/choke/cough/ catch breath...
Hahahahahaha!!!

Location hidden

#25391 May 8, 2013
Yes I make allowances in response to your allowances.

You are part and support an organization that teaches

1. Lies about Christianity
2. Lies about black people history and origins
3. Perpetuates a myth designed by OTHERS to despise and enslave blacks.
4. A philosophy meant to only make white people superior.

Now lets look at the result of that

1. Slavery
2. Holocaust
3. Colonization
4. WWII
5. Civil War

Body count not high enough?

Your religion perpetuated the myth that black people come from the Mark of Cain.

This is NOT Christian. Sorry to bore you, but you simply keep trying to "make" it Christian.

It will never happen.
<quoted text>
Racism is racism. You're only making allowances. It's futile to even bring up valid points with you. Why? Because you are always right, aren't you?(At least in your mind.) You've nothing new to say,or add, to make one think, or even consider your position. You just go on and on and on about the same tired crap. No one cares what you have to say anymore. Well, maybe one, definitely no more than two. You over did it like a five year old. When you post, all we hear now are the grown ups talking in a Peanuts cartoon. "Wah wa wa wah wah... Get it? In other words... you're a racist bore. Now, tell me that I'm wrong. Go ahead. I know you want too. Go on,,, tell me.

Ava, MO

#25392 May 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but her conception of her shelf worth came from the teachings of her church. "Can you imagine going back into a society where youÂ’re no longer valued? Where youÂ’re no longer as good as everybody else?" Her society was a LDS one. She certainly knows what they taught her growing up. I know exactly what she means because I received those very same lessons. So yes, the LDS church is in part responsible in this as it is with their gay teens committing suicide also because of what the LDS church taught them.
I respectfully disagree. She made no mention that either her parents or the Church made her feel that way. What she felt is normal for any woman, or young girl, to feel when such a violent crime has been committed against them. She had a great wrong done to her. The psychological effects of the rape(s) made her feel that way. I don't think any woman if raped would feel good about it, or worthwhile. One thing I do agree with you on is the fact that only she knows, and it's certainly not the WP. I'm also saying that for her to still be a member, go to BYU, and serve a mission is not the actions of a person would who blames her parents or her faith. No. Those are the actions of a woman who had the love and support from her family and faith to make it through such a horrible ordeal.

Location hidden

#25393 May 8, 2013
Yea this is almost as funny as this:

<quoted text>
Now that's funny! "I voted for Obama because he's black.
But not because of his skin color." Hahahahahaha!!! I can't stop laughing! Hahahahahaha!!! Lolololol!!!! Cough/choke/cough/ catch breath...
Hahahahahaha!!!

Ava, MO

#25394 May 8, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>The cult still uses the "chewed gum/licked cupcake" lessons to teach young girls what its like for a man not to marry a virgin. I'm really proud of her for speaking up.
Promiscuity is much different than being raped. In case you were wondering how it is... One is a willing participant while the other is the unwilling victim of a crime.

Ava, MO

#25395 May 8, 2013
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I make allowances in response to your allowances.

You are part and support an organization that teaches

1. Lies about Christianity
2. Lies about black people history and origins
3. Perpetuates a myth designed by OTHERS to despise and enslave blacks.
4. A philosophy meant to only make white people superior.

Now lets look at the result of that

1. Slavery
2. Holocaust
3. Colonization
4. WWII
5. Civil War

Body count not high enough?

Your religion perpetuated the myth that black people come from the Mark of Cain.

This is NOT Christian. Sorry to bore you, but you simply keep trying to "make" it Christian.

It will never happen.
I knew you couldn't resist. My man...

Location hidden

#25396 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree. She made no mention that either her parents or the Church made her feel that way. What she felt is normal for any woman, or young girl, to feel when such a violent crime has been committed against them. She had a great wrong done to her. The psychological effects of the rape(s) made her feel that way. I don't think any woman if raped would feel good about it, or worthwhile. One thing I do agree with you on is the fact that only she knows, and it's certainly not the WP. I'm also saying that for her to still be a member, go to BYU, and serve a mission is not the actions of a person would who blames her parents or her faith. No. Those are the actions of a woman who had the love and support from her family and faith to make it through such a horrible ordeal.
Smart spoke at a Johns Hopkins human trafficking forum, saying she was raised in a religious household and recalled a school teacher who spoke once about abstinence and compared sex to chewing gum.

"I thought,'Oh, my gosh, I'm that chewed up piece of gum, nobody re-chews a piece of gum, you throw it away.' And that's how easy it is to feel like you know longer have worth, you know longer have value," Smart said. "Why would it even be worth screaming out? Why would it even make a difference if you are rescued? Your life still has no value."
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wire...

Your cult makes sure she feels worthless

Location hidden

#25397 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Promiscuity is much different than being raped. In case you were wondering how it is... One is a willing participant while the other is the unwilling victim of a crime.
Not the way your cult teaches it..

Location hidden

#25398 May 8, 2013
Thanks.

One day you'll just say

"Yea Osirica, the Mormon scripture basically stole the idea from the baptists and they didn't get it from the Bible. I don't know if Joseph Smith knew it, but he clearly didn't get that nonsense from God. Good point"

And then... we'd move on to the next thing.

But you and No Surprise just want to keep the visegrips a turning...
<quoted text>
I knew you couldn't resist. My man...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 1 hr piratefighting 29,924
Officer in gay pride parade incident speaks out 10 hr Fan of Jade 56
Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) Feb 24 tnguyen051890 218
Wow! Shooting Star? (Nov '09) Feb 23 Franny 15
New System Helps US Step up Defense Vs Biologic... Feb 23 jmcmahon 1
Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Feb 21 NoMo 28,887
Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb 21 Blow 4
North Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web