Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32007 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25300 May 6, 2013
The Church of Rome kept taking the scriptures and burning them so they would have ultimate power for money!

AND,

-> killing the Apostles after Jesus Christ
-> killing mothers and children for the mothers teaching the children The Lord's Prayer...
-> Burying ppl alive,
-> beating ppl to death,
-> boiling ppl in oil,
-> burning people at the stake for trying to have a relationship with God outside of the Church of Rome.

... THIS IS THE HISTORY OF THE BIBLE

... THE REASON WHY THE CHURCH OF CHRIST HAD TO BE RESTORED.

... Joseph Smith was a simple farm boy who God picked to translate the Book of Mormon for him. Who God picked to restore his Church: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

My opinions and theories have not been bestowed upon me by a person or by a Church I reach my own conclusions. I pray to determine if something is true or not.

http://greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-h ...

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25301 May 6, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets all simmer down. Matt 5:22
I'm glad you are here... why don't you take a turn at explaining to Osirica about the Gospel.

Location hidden

#25302 May 6, 2013
osirica wrote:
Mormons got that from the Baptists, who got that from the Muslims...
How the Muslims passed it down to the Christians is something I'm not entirely sure of, but I believe it was partly due to Jewish literary influence (not trying to degrade Jews, just facts, they were indoctrinated by Muslim ways in Spain for 700 years), esp. in Spain, and partly due to the Crusades...
but we know prior to the 13th century Christian Europeans in the west had little to no religious anti-black sentiment. There may have been some isolated ignorance but nothing that sustained itself until after 1492
I'm curious. Do you think it was it anti-black sentiment, or was it the dark side of a free market?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25303 May 6, 2013
Thanks for the scripture reminder!

Location hidden

#25304 May 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you are here... why don't you take a turn at explaining to Osirica about the Gospel.
Where should I start?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#25305 May 6, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflect away.
What a joke you are

Location hidden

#25306 May 6, 2013
osirica wrote:
Are you talking about when MARIAM.... criticized moses for marrying TZIPPORAH????
Are you SERIOUSLY trying to GO there and hand me victory?
I totally FORGOT about that!
Wait, so God curses Mariam with leprosy because she, being a little racist... maybe she was brownskinned and she starts talking bad about Moses darker skinned wife right?(back then brownskinned Egyptians/Hebrews differentiated themselves from the darkerskinned Nubians/Kushites, but still in the end they were all of the black race... no biggie)...
But here is the funny thing... YOU bring this up... to defend the non-scriptural, nonsensical notion that Cain was marked with a skin of blackness.
Listen you dummy... we all all agree that god COULD do it.
But you don't get to say that God "DID" it, when clearly God did "NOT" do that.
God made an OATH with Cain
Oath is not "turn your skin black and make you the ancestor of a new race of black skinned people"
After all, the curse was on the land and blacks could till the land for the longest time.
Also, blacks were among the Jewish high priests and lived and grew as Jews and Christians, and were not any more percentagewise kept away from the word of God than whites or asians.
Ethiopia officially converted to Christianity before Rome officially did.
The second largest orthodox church is the Ethiopian orthodox church.
You're duuuuuuuuuuuumb!
<quoted text>
I've been gone for a while, so maybe you can clue me in. Is this forum still about Mormons being Christians? Or has this forum transformed into debating with mormons about the history of the people indigenous to Africa?

Location hidden

#25307 May 6, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been gone for a while, so maybe you can clue me in. Is this forum still about Mormons being Christians? Or has this forum transformed into debating with mormons about the history of the people indigenous to Africa?
If you believe black people were cursed by god, your religion is total crap.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25308 May 6, 2013
osirica wrote:
The Garden was in Africa, more than it would be in the mountains of turkey, europe, or America.
You want it to be in Africa. You don't want to consider other possibilities by scholars you don't want to listen to.
So check out this link, it's an interesting read, read it to the bottom as it has some information you don't know.
http://ldolphin.org/eden/

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25309 May 6, 2013
osirica wrote:
Dry land... like Ethiopia
Not snowy land like Turkish mountains...
THANKS!
And no not the eastwaard part of "ASIA"...
that's YOUR little attempt to slip that in there. Oooo and after saying "the writer said" four times too.
What are you? Some kind of amateur social engineering hack?
LOL
YES... I see ALL of your psychological ploys with the keyboard.
<quoted text>
You really need to rid yourself of that deep racist streak you have, just sayin.
Do you remember who wrote the story of Genesis? It as a Jew/Israelite as far as it's known.
Where was he when he wrote the story? Israel.
Where are the rivers he referenced? To the east of Israel.
So where do you think Eden was to this writer? East of Israel or down farther south in Africa?
Bible fact: everything is east of Eden, the garden OF Eden, the Eastern entrance to the garden, where Adam and Eve settled, where Cain moved east to settle. Where Noah's descendants moved east after the flood.
The Bible, not I works against your theory dude. Understand?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25310 May 6, 2013
osirica wrote:
Are you talking about when MARIAM.... criticized moses for marrying TZIPPORAH????
Are you SERIOUSLY trying to GO there and hand me victory?
I totally FORGOT about that!
Wait, so God curses Mariam with leprosy because she, being a little racist... maybe she was brownskinned and she starts talking bad about Moses darker skinned wife right?
Man when that black racist *hit comes out of you it's like a headlight of a plane, fricking blindingly glaring dude.

I said nothing of Miriam. That was a separate story. You're so fricking preoccupied with your racist *hit you can't even read correctly. What is you're problem?

Numbers 12:10 When the cloud lifted from above the tent, Miriam's skin was leprous --it became as white as snow. Aaron turned toward her and saw that she had a defiling skin disease,
Stupid fricking racist, I pasted this...
2 Kings 5:27
New International Version (2011)
Naaman's leprosy will cling to you and to your descendants forever." Then Gehazi went from Elisha's presence and his skin was leprous--it had become as white as snow.
A man had his skin diseased so it turned white as snow and all his descendants would suffer the same affliction. A prophet of God did this skin disease cursing. God allowed a person's original skin colour TO BE CHANGED AS A PUNISHMENT FOR WRONG DOING! Are you getting this yet?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25311 May 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe black people were cursed by god, your religion is total crap.
&#9668; 2 Kings 5:27 &#9658;

Naaman's leprosy will cling to you and to your descendants forever." Then Gehazi went from Elisha's presence and his skin was leprous--it had become as white as snow.

God (according to oririca's belief everyone was black from Adam and Eve to way past Abraham and Moses)took a black man called Gehazi and for disobedience, not only did he curse him with a disease, he turned his skin white as snow and cursed all his descendants the same forever.
Seems God isn't beyond making a black guy white and all his descendants too. What now?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#25312 May 7, 2013
osirica wrote:
Slavery is a factor in the evidence I present showing that Mormonism is not Christian.
It sanctified slavery against blacks by uplifting a blasphemous edit of the Bible, then calling it "a correction of earlier corruption" sought and still seeks to defend the philosophy and teaching to this very day.
ON topic...
<quoted text>
while I do not believe in slavery, I do have a question. You say that our faith is not christian because of our teaching regarding skin color.
Do you have any idea how many slave owners showed up at their baptist church on Sunday mornings ? A church deemed as christian. Given your views, Southern people as a whole are not Christian.

“I will not keep calm”

#25313 May 7, 2013
osirica wrote:
Because the fact that this religion almost got a guy elected president... running against a black sitting president no doubt...
that has motivated me to teach every person I see that Mormonism is false because of the racist stuff about black people offends me that much!
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware that race or religion was a qualification for presidency.
You say it as if no one should have the audacity to run against a black man.
I was mostly on the fence during this last election. Certainty didn't have a favorite.
However with the crap Obama is pulling now, I would never vote for him.

Ava, MO

#25314 May 7, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't aware that race or religion was a qualification for presidency.
You say it as if no one should have the audacity to run against a black man.
I was mostly on the fence during this last election. Certainty didn't have a favorite.
However with the crap Obama is pulling now, I would never vote for him.
I think I read somewhere that 96% of blacks voted for Obama solely because he's a black man. A black man running against a white man. Samuel L. Jackson said he voted for Obama because he was black. Snoop Dog voted for Obama because be was black. Snoop's top reason to not vote for Romney: "he's white." Nice, huh?

“I will not keep calm”

#25315 May 7, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I read somewhere that 96% of blacks voted for Obama solely because he's a black man. A black man running against a white man. Samuel L. Jackson said he voted for Obama because he was black. Snoop Dog voted for Obama because be was black. Snoop's top reason to not vote for Romney: "he's white." Nice, huh?
I would never vote for a man based on the fact that he was white or black. Technically speaking, Obama isn't the first black president. He is the first bi-racial president. I didn't really have so much of a problem with him during his last term, aside from the fact that fiscally speaking he is a nightmare. However this term the list f problems I have with him just goes on and on. What is more worrisome are the citizens who overlook it.
1. He wants to run for a third term.
2. He wants to implant chips with our medical and financial information in us.
3. He wants to take away our guns.
Who is so blind that they can read this list and not see exactly what I see ?
These 3 things together are a dangerous combination.

Location hidden

#25316 May 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe black people were cursed by god, your religion is total crap.
I believe "black people" were cursed by God... just like everyone else. All were cast from the presence of the Lord, all have become a fallen people, all will age, get sick, and die. So, what is the problem?

I'm not exactly sure what the "curse" was that God gave Cain or Ham, one of the Sons of Noah. But if you think its skin color, well, if you know anything about the benefits of having darker skin, I'd say it was a blessing, not a curse to have dark skin in high sunlight environments.

I don't see where you are getting the whole "religion is total crap" idea. Maybe you could provide a few premises for your statement.

Location hidden

#25317 May 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
God (according to oririca's belief everyone was black from Adam and Eve to way past Abraham and Moses)took a black man called Gehazi and for disobedience, not only did he curse him with a disease, he turned his skin white as snow and cursed all his descendants the same forever.
Seems God isn't beyond making a black guy white and all his descendants too. What now?
Wow! Awesome story! Thanks for sharing. I have never really liked being white as snow...and now this scripture confirms what I have always thought...my whiteness is a curse.

No, but seriously, thanks for sharing that. I had never looked at that scripture that way.
Father overtime

Denver, CO

#25318 May 7, 2013
I love it when black people that never lived a day of slavery pretend they were oppressed in some way. It's great entertainment

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25319 May 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
In South America, I've read about pure blooded white Indians coming from both parents pure blooded dark Indians with reddish, blonde hair. Other tribes will often capture them and keep them for slaves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in chu... 18 hr Bugs Bunyak - Car... 15
last post wins! (Jul '11) 18 hr The Dominant Poster 359
DONALD TRUMP is NIGERIAN PRINCE ! .. Birth Cert... 18 hr TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 1
Review: AMSCO Windows (Jan '10) Aug 26 ajohnson 67
News LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) Aug 23 Zorri 30,209
News Body of missing Cedar City teen found (Nov '08) Aug 16 rhondaw 16
News POLYGAMY: Utah Co. prosecutors want to see 'big... (Sep '10) Aug 14 Mary Jesus 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages