Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25186 May 5, 2013
Yea you forgot one thing:

It was not right when people in 1830 fabricated scripture with God and Moses name on it, sanctifying slavery against blacks.

That magnifies the outrage of it... doesn't it?

Just don't want you to forget the key point here...

and God never said "go to this world for progression". That's not in the Bible.

And with fairness... Those who have the upperhand of that unfair inequity are the first to be damned by God.

Don't believe me?

Romans 8:15-17 (ironic, this one the Romans missed)

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry,“Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

and

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/transla...

You cannot sit here and talk about a pre-existence right... then come in and sanctify inequity.

What then do you white Mormons expect God to DO to you for this? Even in your own twisted religion you are condemned for it. You don't get a pass for memorizing "God loves everyone equally"

You and your sinful minds sit here and teach inequity RIGHT NOW!
sportxmouse wrote:
It was not right when people enslaved Blacks.
It was not right when people enslaved Whites.
It was not right when people enslaved Hebrews.
A lot of things in this life are not right in this world.
God never said go to this world and all will be right.
He said Go to this world for progression.
He said go to this world experience trials, endure them well, and overcome them.
This life is not supposed to be fair.

Since: Sep 12

Branson, MO

#25188 May 5, 2013
In the second half of the 19th century, Darwinism, the decline of Christian belief, and growing immigration were all perceived by many white Westerners as a threat to their cultural control. European and, to a lesser degree, American scientists and philosophers devised a false racial "science" to "prove" the supremacy of non-Jewish whites. While the Nazi annihilation of Jews discredited most of these supposedly scientific efforts to elevate one race over another, small numbers of scientists and social scientists have continued throughout the 20th century to argue the inborn shortcomings of certain races, especially Blacks. At the same time, some public figures in the American Black community have championed the supremacy of their own race and the inferiority of whites - using nearly the identical language of white racists.
All of these arguments are based on a false understanding of race; in fact, contemporary scientists are not agreed on whether race is a valid way to classify people. What may seem to be significant "racial" differences to some people - skin color, hair, facial shape - are not of much scientific significance. In fact, genetic differences within a so-called race may be greater than those between races. One philosopher writes: "There are few genetic characteristics to be found in the population of England that are not found in similar proportions in Zaire or in China….those differences that most deeply affect us in our dealings with each other are not to any significant degree biologically determined."

http://archive.adl.org/hate-patrol/racism.asp

Location hidden

#25189 May 5, 2013
Skin color is one of many outcomes of it.

but only in European racist America and in the Caliphate were the notion of enslaving blacks for BEING black made.

Listen, i know it stings

But your religion has too much Islam in it.

You got the palm of Islam with the Apostasy assumption and accusation.

You have the stench of Islam with the "Revelation to correct the corruption of the Bible"

You have the dirt of Islam with "God came to me in a vision"

You have the thinking of Islam with "Jesus and God are separate beings"

You have the ignorance of Islam with enslaving black people en masse...

You have so much more Islam in it...

and you even have the arm of Islam with the whole fact that two factions came after the prophet died and the smaller faction was based on bloodline.
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read the link from the ADL that I provided? Of course there's more to it; however, you said "it is not about skin color." Skin color is most certainly a part of it.

Location hidden

#25191 May 5, 2013
And yet you truly try to say that God sanctified this from the 2nd generation of humanity up to 43 years ago...

Basically 99.9% of human time, even beyond Jesus ressurrection this racism and hatred against blacks your religion swears was mandated by God, and written BY Abraham and Moses...

and..

the Catholic church, for reasons that make NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER managed to erase these passages right? But somehow the Muslims figured it out, and the Baptists in the 1700s managed to 'rediscover it' by the mere whiteness superiority sixth sense right?

Oh but the Jews themselves, many in the West went along with it, but NONE of them could find any of those lost scrolls!

And to this day not one scroll remains! Rome loved black people so much they were willing to piss off Jews all over the earth to go into every synagogue and tear that out.

And Jewish scribes coordinated themselves to finish the job by rewriting every scroll since without the alleged passage...

this is the absurd story you're telling!
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Racism is hatred.

Location hidden

#25192 May 5, 2013
Thank you for that

Why you went on a racist rampage earlier against me, I have no idea.

You're quite an enigma.

But you need to include how in the first half of the 19th century, an increase in anti-black hatred went on in America and generated a social and religious uproar that pushed us to civil war.

Keep in mind this is significant.
In the second half of the 19th century, Darwinism, the decline of Christian belief, and growing immigration were all perceived by many white Westerners as a threat to their cultural control. European and, to a lesser degree, American scientists and philosophers devised a false racial "science" to "prove" the supremacy of non-Jewish whites. While the Nazi annihilation of Jews discredited most of these supposedly scientific efforts to elevate one race over another, small numbers of scientists and social scientists have continued throughout the 20th century to argue the inborn shortcomings of certain races, especially Blacks. At the same time, some public figures in the American Black community have championed the supremacy of their own race and the inferiority of whites - using nearly the identical language of white racists.
All of these arguments are based on a false understanding of race; in fact, contemporary scientists are not agreed on whether race is a valid way to classify people. What may seem to be significant "racial" differences to some people - skin color, hair, facial shape - are not of much scientific significance. In fact, genetic differences within a so-called race may be greater than those between races. One philosopher writes: "There are few genetic characteristics to be found in the population of England that are not found in similar proportions in Zaire or in China….those differences that most deeply affect us in our dealings with each other are not to any significant degree biologically determined."
http://archive.adl.org/hate-patrol/racism.asp

Branson, MO

#25193 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>Skin color is one of many outcomes of it.

but only in European racist America and in the Caliphate were the notion of enslaving blacks for BEING black made.

Listen, i know it stings

But your religion has too much Islam in it.

You got the palm of Islam with the Apostasy assumption and accusation.

You have the stench of Islam with the "Revelation to correct the corruption of the Bible"

You have the dirt of Islam with "God came to me in a vision"

You have the thinking of Islam with "Jesus and God are separate beings"

You have the ignorance of Islam with enslaving black people en masse...

You have so much more Islam in it...

and you even have the arm of Islam with the whole fact that two factions came after the prophet died and the smaller faction was based on bloodline.
Okay. Listen... I read your posts. I know your position. I am posting you in regards to a statement you made specifically about racism: "Racism, silly boy, is not about skin color." It might not be TOTALLY about skin color, but skin color is certainly involved. You cannot deny this fact. Now, I posted the information from the ADL. I think they have a pretty good idea about what racism is. Wouldn't you agree?

Branson, MO

#25194 May 5, 2013
Sorry for the double post earlier. It didn't show up, even after I refreshed my screen.
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#25195 May 5, 2013
Osirica, stop acting like black people are the only race in the history of the world that were slaves. It makes you look like a child. Stop acting like blacks are the only group discriminated against, for most of history all were discriminated against, with only a few in power. Get a hold of yourself. Your hate of Mormonism is embarassing to read. Your hate for all religions you don't agree with I obsurd. Go warm up your baby bottle and go to sleep. Your temper tantrums are a bore. Because truth matters.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25196 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
And yet you truly try to say that God sanctified this from the 2nd generation of humanity up to 43 years ago...
Basically 99.9% of human time, even beyond Jesus ressurrection this racism and hatred against blacks your religion swears was mandated by God, and written BY Abraham and Moses...
and..
the Catholic church, for reasons that make NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER managed to erase these passages right? But somehow the Muslims figured it out, and the Baptists in the 1700s managed to 'rediscover it' by the mere whiteness superiority sixth sense right?
Oh but the Jews themselves, many in the West went along with it, but NONE of them could find any of those lost scrolls!
And to this day not one scroll remains! Rome loved black people so much they were willing to piss off Jews all over the earth to go into every synagogue and tear that out.
And Jewish scribes coordinated themselves to finish the job by rewriting every scroll since without the alleged passage...
this is the absurd story you're telling!
<quoted text>
I never said that.

Would you just stop feeling so damn sorry for yourself because of your skin color... and treat people like they are people.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25197 May 5, 2013
Sorry for the double post earlier. It didn't show up, even after I refreshed my screen.
That happens to me some times too :)

Branson, MO

#25198 May 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>That happens to me some times too :)
It appears it did it twice. Geez...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25199 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
Really..,.
You're doing what No Surpirse does.
The church of rome translated SOME copies of it from Hebrew.
They didn't translate "it". They didn't take every hebrew scroll on earth, remove the hebrew out of it, then replace it with a greek and latin version.
JEWS DONT EVEN USE LATIN!
And what's so funny is how you say "ultimate" power.
Really... Rome couldn't defeat the Nubian Candaka tribes south of Egypt (every white girl called Candace can basically say she's named after a black negro woman). And we KNOW that Jews had been living south of Egypt since the Babylonian captivity...
You got a whole tribe of jews descendent from Kohen priests living in Mozambique for the past 2500 years.
So what now? You got more to say?
Just throw out a few more Romes stupidly so I can educate the masses in here.
My links (check the Wikipedia references since you hate wikipedia so much).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace
Notice there, you "type" Candace, and Wikipedia links to the Kandaka tribe... HILARIOUS! Wikipedia must be ran by those same Romans that altered Genesis 4!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phinehas
scroll down to the part about his name.. from the OXFORD GUIDE TO THE BIBLE.
Just keep burying yourself further and further.
More posts please... thank you.
<quoted text>
Jews don't use latin... that is why Rome translated the Bible into Latin... so they would have the only resources....

YOU LIKE TO PUT WORDS IN PEOPLES MOUTHS DON'T YOU

The Catholic Church sits part of these scrolls...
it is known history.

The Church of Rome destroyed many scrolls.

I have stated from the very beginning multiple times in our conversation alone... there are more scrolls out there that are hidden.

No, they didn't destroy every single scroll. I never said that. I said you can not find an ORIGINAL.

//

I think you don't realize that you brought the racism in this thread... nobody knows what color you are sitting behind your computer at your home on this thread.

I for one don't use color to determine how a person is... many people don't.

Location hidden

#25200 May 5, 2013
I think once you got the point that it not "totally" being about skin color, you realize that this is not worth typing over.

Do you guys sit here trying to figure out how to ooutflank each other on points where "all" and "some" are not used?
<quoted text>
Okay. Listen... I read your posts. I know your position. I am posting you in regards to a statement you made specifically about racism: "Racism, silly boy, is not about skin color." It might not be TOTALLY about skin color, but skin color is certainly involved. You cannot deny this fact. Now, I posted the information from the ADL. I think they have a pretty good idea about what racism is. Wouldn't you agree?

Location hidden

#25201 May 5, 2013
Are you talking to ME, or to

Joseph Smith
Brigham Young
Joseph Smith III
Gordon Hinkley

Because you know I don't feel sorry for myself about my skin color.

You know this...

You know that I truly am speaking from a zero tolerance for religious blasphemy and defamation. Black people will not cede one iota of anything to any white racist philosophy.

The "feeling sorry" thing? You can use that distraction on someone else.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that.
Would you just stop feeling so damn sorry for yourself because of your skin color... and treat people like they are people.

Location hidden

#25202 May 5, 2013
Ok lets try this again

Jews, in their synagogues, do not use latin scrolls.

And there were Jews that did not live under the rule of Rome.

Take this for example:

http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/A...

11th Century Afghanistan.

And you will never find an original nor a copy that has anything about Cain being cursed or mark with a skin of blackness

because that never existed.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews don't use latin... that is why Rome translated the Bible into Latin... so they would have the only resources....
YOU LIKE TO PUT WORDS IN PEOPLES MOUTHS DON'T YOU
The Catholic Church sits part of these scrolls...
it is known history.
The Church of Rome destroyed many scrolls.
I have stated from the very beginning multiple times in our conversation alone... there are more scrolls out there that are hidden.
No, they didn't destroy every single scroll. I never said that. I said you can not find an ORIGINAL.
//
I think you don't realize that you brought the racism in this thread... nobody knows what color you are sitting behind your computer at your home on this thread.
I for one don't use color to determine how a person is... many people don't.

Location hidden

#25203 May 5, 2013

Location hidden

#25204 May 5, 2013
Or this, probably the oldest Torah found yet

700 years BCE...

Rome did not exist
Greece was not yet even really doing anything.
Egypt had not even been conquered yet by the Assyrians...

Half of the Old Testament hadn't even happened yet.

Location hidden

#25205 May 5, 2013
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-306...

You're done boys...

You're done

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25206 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
Really..,.
You're doing what No Surpirse does.
The church of rome translated SOME copies of it from Hebrew.
They didn't translate "it". They didn't take every hebrew scroll on earth, remove the hebrew out of it, then replace it with a greek and latin version.
JEWS DONT EVEN USE LATIN!
And what's so funny is how you say "ultimate" power.
Really... Rome couldn't defeat the Nubian Candaka tribes south of Egypt (every white girl called Candace can basically say she's named after a black negro woman). And we KNOW that Jews had been living south of Egypt since the Babylonian captivity...
You got a whole tribe of jews descendent from Kohen priests living in Mozambique for the past 2500 years.
So what now? You got more to say?
Just throw out a few more Romes stupidly so I can educate the masses in here.
My links (check the Wikipedia references since you hate wikipedia so much).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace
Notice there, you "type" Candace, and Wikipedia links to the Kandaka tribe... HILARIOUS! Wikipedia must be ran by those same Romans that altered Genesis 4!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phinehas
scroll down to the part about his name.. from the OXFORD GUIDE TO THE BIBLE.
Just keep burying yourself further and further.
More posts please... thank you.
<quoted text>
You are ridiculous.

I tell you what... go do some research on Martin Luther, John Hus and the other reformers. Go do some research and find out what the Church of Rome did.

Talking to you is like bouncing a ball onto a sticky wall... that pukes racial bigotry and twisted words.

It's obvious you are intelligent... but I don't understand why you won't educate yourself with more truths.

Are you that vane that all you can see is how blacks were treated wrong?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25207 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
Or this, probably the oldest Torah found yet
700 years BCE...
Rome did not exist
Greece was not yet even really doing anything.
Egypt had not even been conquered yet by the Assyrians...
Half of the Old Testament hadn't even happened yet.
I'm not saying they destroyed ALL. I NEVER SAID THAT.

I said they tried to destroyed all that which was written by the Apostles... Biblical Torahs... and writings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul 22 wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Jul 21 dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1
News Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb '15 Blow 4
News Police close to catching Midvale check fraud su... (Sep '10) Jan '15 not surprised 36

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages