Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,005

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24898 May 4, 2013
osirica wrote:
here's another thing mormons,
if I recall, part of the curse was that if Cain was killed then revenge shall be made 7 times...
And if cain's descendents were to be killed, which many blacks were during slavery...
hmmmm...
<quoted text>
Key word IF Cain was killed.

But, now realistically... you will have to prove that IF to make it proof.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24899 May 4, 2013
osirica wrote:
A mark has nothing to do with black and white people skin colors.
You DO understand that.
Because the Bible text says in hebrew "God made an Oath with cain"
The English assumed it "must have been" a mark.
And then from that first assumption, you're sitting here relating that to racial skin color...
but not just any race... you for some reason decided to choose black skin./
How about you prove just ONE of those premises...
Don't even have to prove the whole statement... just try to crawl before you walk.
As far as me provin whites came from blacks, well science has proven that.
<quoted text>
Did you make people Black?

Did you make people White?

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#24900 May 4, 2013
Ok and why do you believe that? Besides "it says in the book of mormon" which we are disputing the integrity of.

I mean you're askin me for alll this proof, which I've done a decent job of providing.

You think you can provide a little insight into where you're going?

You think Shem's brother married one of Cain's descendents, but Shem (nor did any of the other ancestors)...

why is that buddy?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Shems brother did... but Shem did not.

Location hidden

#24901 May 4, 2013
You know.. I know exactly what you mean.

I wish some black people could have told Joseph Smith and all the racist Mormon prophets that very same thing.

I'm SO glad you can understand where I'm coming from in regards to this whole topic.

great job!
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You can accuse me of being like a Muslim, a White, an Asian, a whatever you want to accuse me of being like...
YOU DON'T KNOW ME. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT COLOR I AM. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME.
So, all you have are guesses and accusations.

Location hidden

#24902 May 4, 2013
Yea, that's besides the point.

It's not relevant if or not if. The fact is, Mormons state the curse was passed down to Cain's descendents...

not "half of the curse"...

Which by the way is not the curse, but the mark... right?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word IF Cain was killed.
But, now realistically... you will have to prove that IF to make it proof.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24903 May 4, 2013
osirica wrote:
A mark has nothing to do with black and white people skin colors.
You DO understand that.
Because the Bible text says in hebrew "God made an Oath with cain"
The English assumed it "must have been" a mark.
And then from that first assumption, you're sitting here relating that to racial skin color...
but not just any race... you for some reason decided to choose black skin./
How about you prove just ONE of those premises...
Don't even have to prove the whole statement... just try to crawl before you walk.
As far as me provin whites came from blacks, well science has proven that.
<quoted text>
GENESIS 4:5
But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

GENESIS 4:15
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

GENESIS 4:13
And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

Location hidden

#24904 May 4, 2013
let me borrow your statements below and send this message to all of Mormondom, back through time to Joseph Smith:

You can accuse me of being a descendent of Cain, of Canaan, a whatever you want to accuse me of being like...
YOU DON'T KNOW ME. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT MY COLOR CAME FROM. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME.

Thanks Sportx....
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You can accuse me of being like a Muslim, a White, an Asian, a whatever you want to accuse me of being like...
YOU DON'T KNOW ME. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT COLOR I AM. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24905 May 4, 2013
.. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain...

Location hidden

#24906 May 4, 2013
yea, you're starting to fall apart here.

Can't just say "Yea Osirica you have a point"

Just going to hold on for dear life huh?

None of the people that made up 16th century =slim and baptist folk tale about Cain and black people... none of them made people black and none of them made people white.

yet Joseph Smith took their folk tale and stated that it really happened.

Did Joe Smith make black people or white people? No.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you make people Black?
Did you make people White?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24907 May 4, 2013
osirica wrote:
Ok and why do you believe that? Besides "it says in the book of mormon" which we are disputing the integrity of.
I mean you're askin me for alll this proof, which I've done a decent job of providing.
You think you can provide a little insight into where you're going?
You think Shem's brother married one of Cain's descendents, but Shem (nor did any of the other ancestors)...
why is that buddy?
<quoted text>
I will have to look for the resource to find it... It was not by any Mormon representative.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24908 May 4, 2013
osirica wrote:
You know.. I know exactly what you mean.
I wish some black people could have told Joseph Smith and all the racist Mormon prophets that very same thing.
I'm SO glad you can understand where I'm coming from in regards to this whole topic.
great job!
<quoted text>
Thanks, now let me tell you my interest is in deep historical truths about the Gospel.

I have a true testimony in the restored Church of Jesus Christ... which is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

If you would like a little history... let me know, maybe I can help you.

Location hidden

#24909 May 4, 2013
Genesis 4:11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brotherís blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.

Now your passage below:

Yea, none of that shows any relationship to "mark being racially black skin".

Offering, wroth, countenance, slayeth, vengence, punishment, bear...

None of those words have anything to do nor imply anything relating to racial skin colors being a "mark" which was actually an "oath" to protect Cain.

My "protection" was too much to bear?

You are really trying to push a square peg into a round hole.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
GENESIS 4:5
But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
GENESIS 4:13
And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24910 May 4, 2013
osirica wrote:
let me borrow your statements below and send this message to all of Mormondom, back through time to Joseph Smith:
You can accuse me of being a descendent of Cain, of Canaan, a whatever you want to accuse me of being like...
YOU DON'T KNOW ME. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT MY COLOR CAME FROM. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME.
Thanks Sportx....
<quoted text>
That was not my statement.

Ozark, MO

#24911 May 4, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes...you are. Maybe you think it's humorous to do so but it makes whatever else you say a failure. I would never expect a Mormon man who has aspirations of being a god himself to be meek. If you don't believe your god cursed black people, why are you part of a religion that does? If you do believe it, you might as well join the aryan nation.
Everything is an extreme with you, isn't it? Black and white (no pun intended). No matter. To you everything I say is a failure because, as I already said, it's not in line with how you think. I'm not politically correct, nor do I wish to be.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24912 May 4, 2013
osirica wrote:
Yea, that's besides the point.
It's not relevant if or not if. The fact is, Mormons state the curse was passed down to Cain's descendents...
not "half of the curse"...
Which by the way is not the curse, but the mark... right?
<quoted text>
Color came from some where.

So, IF does matter.

Ozark, MO

#24913 May 4, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Using crime and poverty as a justification for Elohim's curse is about as racist as one can get.
Hahahahahaha!!! As you state from the safety and comfort of your white bread, cookie cutter home in all white Provolandia.

Location hidden

#24914 May 4, 2013
Yea......

I'm still waiting for the 2011 Mormon to get back to me on that one, and the mormons that came to my house, and the other mormons I gave my info to,

I'm still waiting way back in 2006 for the Mormon Jeff Lindsay to get back to me on that one.

So you just get back to me.... mmmmk?

For now, this case is adjourned and dismissed without prejudice.

Feel free to send me the evidence to my screen name mailbox. I wouldnt want to lose your evidence in all these posts.

You DO know how to send personal messages here in topix right? I don't want "i dont know how" to be your excuse and then I come back here unable to find your proof among ALL these messages.

So yea... you take allll the time you need... Drink up buddy, get your strength back... I'll even help you find it if it's out there.

Adda boy
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have to look for the resource to find it... It was not by any Mormon representative.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24915 May 4, 2013
osirica wrote:
yea, you're starting to fall apart here.
Can't just say "Yea Osirica you have a point"
Just going to hold on for dear life huh?
None of the people that made up 16th century =slim and baptist folk tale about Cain and black people... none of them made people black and none of them made people white.
yet Joseph Smith took their folk tale and stated that it really happened.
Did Joe Smith make black people or white people? No.
<quoted text>
Half correct... No person has changed a persons color (that is my point).

No, I am not falling apart. Thanks for inquiring.

No, Joseph Smith was inspired with Gospel Doctrines so that we could have what we were ready for at that time. I believe there are more Gospel documentation that has not been revealed yet.

I've been to many different Churches... I've studied world religions in college... and, I continue to research as deep as I can go for the full truth.

Location hidden

#24916 May 4, 2013
Oh you just did it didn't you?

I just showed you that the historical proof is, and that the Mormon version is not historically accurate.

You come back, waving away the evidence, the proof, and say "I have a true testimony"

No.

You have a testimony that you FEEL is compelling. You feel it to be very convincing. But it's not "true" unless it's filled with ideas that convey truth in them.

Substituting "the Book of Mormon" or "Mormonism" itself in a nutshell, when it has untruths in it... that is not sufficient or "good enough"

You DO realize that you can freely believe in God and Jesus WITHOUT Mormonism right?

I mean this isn't THAT complicated...
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, now let me tell you my interest is in deep historical truths about the Gospel.
I have a true testimony in the restored Church of Jesus Christ... which is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
If you would like a little history... let me know, maybe I can help you.

Location hidden

#24917 May 4, 2013
I know, thats why I said "let me take it"...

I obviously modified it to apply to me and my people.

You are a smart guy... i think you can keep up. Please don't start playing dumb ok?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not my statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 1 hr Toko2014 14,014
Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax' r... 2 hr Sneaky Pete 13
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 3 hr KiMare 473
last post wins! (Jul '11) Fri Maverick 808 329
BLM weighs rope ban at Corona Arch, Gemini Bridges Fri shedreams2 1
Review: Anna Trupp Lcsw Fri Badcustodyevaluation 3
Ebay: Item Visibility of Small Sellers' Items o... Fri OnlineConsumer 1
•••
•••

North Salt Lake Jobs