Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24639 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis is only one book of the Bible. I believe the Book of Mormon is fiction from the first page to the last page. As well as the PoGP.
It doesn't matter. One word or one page... you discount God's word.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24640 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't change it to screw other men's wives. Get some reading comprehension, Carol.
No, you just screw men or women married or not.

Now, you are trying to screw us out of the Bible?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24641 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from a master level idiot, I thank you, or would if I thought you could comprehend it.
By your own admission, you can not.
That is how you answer this:

Your
words
are
so
foolishly
and
ignorantly
composed

that

I
cannot
believe

you
understand
them.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24642 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from a master level idiot, I thank you, or would if I thought you could comprehend it.
By your own admission, you can not.
I did not say I could not comprehend your words... I said

...that I cannot believe YOU understand them.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#24643 May 1, 2013
Yes it is Joseph Smith's church
Just like the Islamic Mosque is Muhammad's mosque
Just like the Watchtower Bible Society is Charles Taze Russel's society.

None of this is Jesus, because your founders altered what Jesus already had, and with the excuse of an unfounded Apostasy, you then accused the Bible of being corrupt

But none of your testimonies agree with one another, which is proof that all of you, Muslims, Mormons, JWs, are liars.
sportxmouse wrote:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is not Joseph Smith's Church!
It's Jesus Christ Church... not yours to do with like you do with the Bible.

Location hidden

#24644 May 1, 2013
So let me make sure I understand,

These fictional characters (real for you) were cursed with darker skin, just like your fictional story (real for you) Cain was marked with darker skin...

what then is that darker "than"? When they speak of their skins being whiter here and there.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
And, how does that provide evidence as to what color Adam and Eve were?
That curse was after Adam and Eve's time.
Just like a tree...
A tree starts with a trunk...
then branches out...
and the branches obtain limbs...
and leaves...
and grows in a direction that does not affect the trunk.
See?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#24645 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept is simple, yes, God created Satan, but Satan rebelled against him.
Now why is that so hard for you to understand?
What are you in denial of? Did we hit a nerve?
Your trinity concept teaches ALL THINGS (not some things, not many things,) ALL THINGS originated with God. Nothing exists THAT DIDN'T COME FROM GOD. That is your trinity concept. Understand the implications of your trinity concept?
God created everything INCLUDING GOOD AND EVIL. That's your trinity teaching. God created everything INCLUDING GOOD AND EVIL.
No other God existed to create evil. Only God created everything that came to exist INCLUDING GOOD AND EVIL.
God created good according to your trinity belief because God was the ONLY God to create all that existed.
God created evil according to your trinity belief because God was the ONLY God to create all that existed.
So the God you believe in, the God represented by the definition of the trinity that you believe in and support, You God is full of good and evil.
You're God predisposed good and evil to be experienced by all. Any other questions?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24646 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are an atheist now? Because only a moron debates that a book he thinks is fiction is true, which is certainly what you are doing for the Book of Mormon.
There is no such thing as "true fiction."
A book of fiction is based on some varying amount of fact and then mostly fiction. I realize you don't understand that. So your idiocy is excused.

Location hidden

#24648 May 1, 2013
You have
no evidence that humans evolved into what we are outside of Africa. I think the first humans, being black, in Africa were the ancestors of all humans. I also believe that when Moses (with his black Egyptian wife) and Joshua, and Aaron and Aaron’s grandson (who is called Panehesi, the Nubian) wrote about the history of man, they understood, BECAUSE it’s a scientific fact, that the first humans came from Africa.
That’s the point you ignorant idiotic fool self can’t get. You seem to think that scientific historical proof is always going to be irrelevant to what they observed and knew back then. They knew the universe started with a flash of light. This was the revelation from God. They also knew, that the first humans were from Africa.
Now you fake fraud, what I believe and can prove, and what your stupid religion tries to teach despite proof to the contrary is apples and oranges. You try to lump your disdain for my view of things black, while in the SAME SENTENCE you try to throw in “no skin mark given to anyone by God”.
Yes you ASS, a MARK can be given by God. But the BIBLE SAYS MARK, as in A MARK.
CAN YOU READ? You call me racist this and racist that, but YOU ARE SO RACIST.. EVEN IN YOUR OWN POINT, YOU CAN’T SEE HOW PREJUDICED YOU ARE.

A MARK IS A MARK, NOT “MY WHOLE SKIN CHANGED FROM ONE RACIAL TYPE TO ANOTHER”. And no the Hebrew writer of Genesis didn’t think an “OWTH” had anything to do with the Kushite racial origins.
So when you say “I or david think that black noah and black this and black that…” what is your fucking malfunction? You think it’s reasonable to think they WERENT black doing all this? But it’s so damned offensive to you if its viewed as blacks doing it?
They HAD to be SOME color you stupid mormon. You say the theory is flawed but it’s proven in science or with the Bible. So whatever the case 1600 years before Christ, ALL colors were present by then so ANY COLOR YOU CHOOSE will have the same “flaws”.
So THINK for a moment. NO way you can conclude the timeline would work for a WHITE or lightskinned ancestor, because BLACK DESCENDENTS cannot come from that.
No WAY you can conclude the mark of Cain had anything to do with changing him and his descendents from white to black, because the Bible has NOTHING implying that.
So the Bible shows no specifics on skin color but also the Bible’s recording of all history from Abraham on back is so clearly not literal year for year, you can’t even begin to make an argument.
But you try, and what you are trying is to 1. Debunk my point in order to 2. Reserve your Mormon racist claim by 3. Making the short timeline fit as to give your racist curse some popular consideration (again).
An OATH doesn’t turn into “im going to make all your descendents dark skinned”… besides twit the curse was on the land, and black people have always been able to cultivate crops.
God! Stupid PEOPLE!
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one of the most pathetically ignorantly stupid thinking people I have met. I can't even match nomo to you because she's never elaborated on her 'beliefs' in any direction except for saying something in one or two sentences.
This has nothing to do with coming out of Africa and if I like that fact or if I hate that fact that modern humans according to scientific evidence ORIGINATED in Africa but EVOLVED into what we are from outside of Africa.
The racist David believes all things human are black when he mixes science and theism, get it? He believes/teaches/persuades God is black, Eden is in Africa though we can't see it, therefore Adam and Eve are black and all their posterity are black and there was no skin mark given to anyone by God.
Are you following? This is the racist Davids theories and they are severely flawed.
<snip>

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24650 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always stated that Genesis was a myth to explain evolution to a people who had no knowledge of science. You are the one who wants to debate the story as if it was real. But if you want to take that position, since the first humans were black, that would mean Adam and Eve were black because they were the first humans.
If you believe Genesis is a myth, you no longer have any room or reason to speak against Smith. You are taking away from the Bible by declaring something most Christians have believed took place, You have now admitted it's a myth and a myth contains no truth.
You admitted.. "I have always stated that Genesis was a myth.." That means what others call true and real of God, you call deceit and lies of humans. That in turns means you have no basis to judge what part of the Bible is inspired of God and what isn't except, for your opinion.
You have admitted to shortening the OT to 36 books from 37 books.
So I'm curious now. What other "inspired" books of the OT and NT to you are just myths and not actual scripture?
How fricking Smith of you to admit what a total hypocrite you are. And such a deceitful liar. Never in a past post of yours have I ever read where you stated Genesis was a book of myths and fancy made up lies. You stated you believed in the Bible so many times in the past. You said that every time with full deception and a lie.
You don't believe in the Bible. You believe of the Bible according to what you claim is a myth/lie and what isn't, just as you have accused Smith of doing dozens of times. You hypocritical fricking pathetic deceitful liar.
As usual, nice job dude.

Location hidden

#24651 May 1, 2013
God, why can't your loser butt take this crap to another thread.

No one CARES
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say I could not comprehend your words... I said
...that I cannot believe YOU understand them.

Location hidden

#24652 May 1, 2013
Smith has the credibility of Muhammad!

Again, if you think Genesis is a myth, you can at least respect the fact that they truly DID write from what they truly knew when they truly wrote it thousands of years ago.

What your Smith has that the Bible does not is this:

A boldfaced lie about "correcting" the Bible.
A boldfaced lie about "SAYING" that some Indian/Jew/Egyptians wrote the Book of Mormon, since Smith made it up, wrote it.
A boldfaced lie about "writing" the Book of Moses and then saying that Moses wrote it.

let me make this easy. The BoM was conceived in written in the 1820s... not 1000 years ago.

The Pearl of Great Price was conceived and written in 1830s, not 3500 years ago.

THATS what makes the Book of Mormon truly unique.

The BIBLE truly is from writings that go back well over 1500 years. They truly are a collection of writings over time from various sources... not ONE man trying to pass them off as such.

The Book of Genesis was written long ago by people who had no concept of science... they only wrote from what they truly thought they knew as truth. Whether they got it from God, or mesopotamian and egyptian myths, they thought they were retelling facts and they got some right. They got some that they couldn't have simply guessed. That gives them some credibilty at least of integrity. At least they were trying to do the right thing.

Smith lied from start to finish.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe Genesis is a myth, you no longer have any room or reason to speak against Smith. You are taking away from the Bible by declaring something most Christians have believed took place, You have now admitted it's a myth and a myth contains no truth.
You admitted.. "I have always stated that Genesis was a myth.." That means what others call true and real of God, you call deceit and lies of humans. That in turns means you have no basis to judge what part of the Bible is inspired of God and what isn't except, for your opinion.
You have admitted to shortening the OT to 36 books from 37 books.
So I'm curious now. What other "inspired" books of the OT and NT to you are just myths and not actual scripture?
How fricking Smith of you to admit what a total hypocrite you are. And such a deceitful liar. Never in a past post of yours have I ever read where you stated Genesis was a book of myths and fancy made up lies. You stated you believed in the Bible so many times in the past. You said that every time with full deception and a lie.
You don't believe in the Bible. You believe of the Bible according to what you claim is a myth/lie and what isn't, just as you have accused Smith of doing dozens of times. You hypocritical fricking pathetic deceitful liar.
As usual, nice job dude.

Location hidden

#24653 May 1, 2013
I like how he said "your trinity concept teaches"

Then he literally quotes John 1:3... i mean basically word for word

then he goes back and says "that's YOUR concept".

This clown "no surprise" is a piece of work
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you in denial of? Did we hit a nerve?
Your trinity concept teaches ALL THINGS (not some things, not many things,) ALL THINGS originated with God. Nothing exists THAT DIDN'T COME FROM GOD. That is your trinity concept. Understand the implications of your trinity concept?
God created everything INCLUDING GOOD AND EVIL. That's your trinity teaching. God created everything INCLUDING GOOD AND EVIL.
No other God existed to create evil. Only God created everything that came to exist INCLUDING GOOD AND EVIL.
God created good according to your trinity belief because God was the ONLY God to create all that existed.
God created evil according to your trinity belief because God was the ONLY God to create all that existed.
So the God you believe in, the God represented by the definition of the trinity that you believe in and support, You God is full of good and evil.
You're God predisposed good and evil to be experienced by all. Any other questions?

Location hidden

#24654 May 1, 2013
Evil is a relative term.

God dictates what is good and what is evil, so the concept of evil itself is bound by God's law. This is why Satan is under God's control because ultimately GODS PROVIDENCE.

Our FREEDOM to choose is what perpetuates the evil, because without freedom there would be no need for law, and without law there would be no understanding of good and evil.

Oh wait this is "my" concept, even though I'm basically quoting Romans chapter 7... but this is "my" concept.

Location hidden

#24655 May 1, 2013
And as for you, the Bible is not a science book.

Myth is how we perceive the writings that do not match the scientific facts we understand.

You think they were going to actually write 7.5 billion years ago...

their concept of "water" is not H20. Their concept of a single horned animal is not a horse with a horn in the middle of it's head.

The ark was not "one" ship and the flood was not meant to ignore the notion of a meteor hitting the indian ocean 15,000 years ago causing massive tidal waves.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are trying to change the meaning of the Bible MORON!
YOU just said Genesis was a MYTH.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24656 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not trying to change the meaning of the Bible to use it as a means to screw anybody we want. So no, we are not like Smith. We are just using the word of God to figure out his message. But one can believe in the Bible and use our own minds at the same time. That isn't a contradiction.
You don't get to dictate the rules.
lol..."I have always stated that Genesis was a myth.."..you pathetic idiot. By believing Genesis is a myth you have alter the entire rest of it's contents because it's all based on Genesis From Adam and Eve to Joseph going into Egypt.
For you the Bible now has no beginning. The genealogies are all incorrect because the genealogies of Genesis are a myth/untrue. You have no evidence of Jesus's blood line. All prophecies of Jesus and his blood line are obsolete to you now. And those prophecies affect other prophecies of Jesus. So you have now set into question by your reasoning that you have no evidence that Jesus was even a saviour.
You have changed the entire Bible's meaning by your dismissal of Genesis AS BEING A MYTH AND UNTRUE.
This is just too good to be true, you're such a fricking hypocrite...and you have fully proved it. And I didn't dictate any rules...I repeat the ones you have set forth that you go by, like you stating Genesis is a myth/lies. A myth is a made up story. That is what we call a lie especially when the myth is passed off by hundreds of Millions on this earth that the myth is true and factual. You've called them all deluded and liars of what you call is a myth.
And now you have nothing for a beginning for God except your own personal myth, JUST LIKE SMITH. This just gets better and better...lol....you keep slicing and dicing the Bible dude...disbeliever....fricking hypocrite...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24657 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept is simple, yes, God created Satan, but Satan rebelled against him.
Now why is that so hard for you to understand?
Now that I know your truth that Genesis is a lie/myth, anything you say of the Bible you claim true that's connected directly or indirectly to Genesis proves you're a liar. You can't prove God created Satan. Everything God created was said in Genesis. So you're a liar that God created Satan because you no longer have evidence.
This is really to understand of you now.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24658 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are an atheist now? Because only a moron debates that a book he thinks is fiction is true, which is certainly what you are doing for the Book of Mormon.
So you have become a God believer by what you accept and reject of the Bible. You have admitted to rejecting Genesis as true. Doing that set's forth no proof for you of the rest of the Bible as being false or true. Are a deist now? Is that what you are? Because only a moron debates a book he thinks is fiction/myth/lie is true which is what you have done with many parts of Genesis over the last three years that I saw in your posts.

Location hidden

#24659 May 1, 2013
Oh dana, be scared he 'got' you by saying that you said Genesis is a myth.
Oh that means everything else doesn't matter. He says you said it five... no TEN times below.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..."I have always stated that Genesis was a MYTH.."..you pathetic idiot. By believing Genesis is a MYTH you have alter the entire rest of it's contents because it's all based on Genesis From Adam and Eve to Joseph going into Egypt.
For you the Bible now has no beginning. The genealogies are all incorrect because the genealogies of Genesis are a MYTH/untrue. You have no evidence of Jesus's blood line. All prophecies of Jesus and his blood line are obsolete to you now. And those prophecies affect other prophecies of Jesus. So you have now set into question by your reasoning that you have no evidence that Jesus was even a saviour.
You have changed the entire Bible's meaning by your dismissal of Genesis AS BEING A MYTH AND UNTRUE.
This is just too good to be true, you're such a fricking hypocrite...and you have fully proved it. And I didn't dictate any rules...I repeat the ones you have set forth that you go by, like you stating Genesis is a MYTH/lies. A MYTH is a made up story. That is what we call a lie especially when the MYTH is passed off by hundreds of Millions on this earth that the MYTH is true and factual. You've called them all deluded and liars of what you call is a MYTH.
And now you have nothing for a beginning for God except your own personal myth, JUST LIKE SMITH. This just gets better and better...lol....you keep slicing and dicing the Bible dude...disbeliever....fricking hypocrite...

Location hidden

#24660 May 1, 2013
11 times
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that I know your truth that Genesis is a lie/myth, anything you say of the Bible you claim true that's connected directly or indirectly to Genesis proves you're a liar. You can't prove God created Satan. Everything God created was said in Genesis. So you're a liar that God created Satan because you no longer have evidence.
This is really to understand of you now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Aug 15 ray 42
News A police officer ruined their Subway business, ... Aug 14 Overgrownelf79 1
So what's going on with Paul Swenson? Aug 13 Jescrane 2
I love Utah farts Aug 11 JuicyNoodles 1
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1
News Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb '15 Blow 4
News Police close to catching Midvale check fraud su... (Sep '10) Jan '15 not surprised 36

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages