Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#24452 Apr 27, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing you need to consider as even so many others don't consider when speaking of this "curse".
Opinions of the curse and mark of Cain are one thing. But what the Bible and Mormon scriptures say is something else. The mark of Cain as spoken of in the Bible and in the PoGP was never called a curse itself. The dark skin colour of the lamanites wasn't called a curse either. Mormon doctrine actually teaches the mark of Cain and the mark of the Lamanites was for a sign/warning to others.
It was a curse to Cain that God had made him a vagabond to wander the earth and for the earth to not be a resource for Cain to get crops from as it once gave him. The earth was cursed for Cain. Not having the priesthood was a curse.
From the web...according to the scriptures and not opinions...
Book of Mormon
"... wherefore, as they were white and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them (2 Nephi 5:21)."
Book of Moses (Pearl of Great Price)
"... there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people ...(Moses 7:8)."
"And ... they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them (Moses 7:22)."
Book of Abraham (Pearl of Great Price)
"... from Ham, sprang that race which preserved the curse in the land (Abraham 1:24)."
"Now the first government of Egypt was established by Pharaoh, the eldest son of Egyptus, the daughter of Ham,... Noah, his father, who blessed him with the blessings of the earth,... but cursed him as pertaining to the Priesthood.
"Now, Pharaoh being of the lineage by which he could not have the right of Priesthood,...(Abraham 1:26-27)."
And according to Mormonism, dark skin was a curse:
The Way to Perfection
Chapter 15 "The Seed of Cain."

"Not only was Cain called upon to suffer, but because of his wickedness he became the father of an inferior race" (p. 101).

"Millions of souls have come into this world CURSED WITH BLACK SKIN and have been denied the privilege of Priesthood and the fulness of the blessings of the Gospel. These are the descendants
of Cain" (p. 101).

"And after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham's wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it pass through the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have a representation upon the earth as well as God" (John Tyler, Journal of Discourses 22:304).

"The prophets of the Lord have made several statements as to the operation of the principle. President Brigham Young said,'Why are so many of the inhabitants of the earth CURSED WITH A SKIN OF BLACKNESS? It comes in consequence of their father's rejecting the power of the Holy Priesthood, and the law of God. They will go down to death. And when all the rest of the children have received their blessings in the Holy Priesthood, then that curse will be removed from the seed of Cain, and they will then come up and possess the Priesthood, and receive all the blessings which we are now entitled to.'"(First Presidency Statement, given on August 17, 1951)

And [God] had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did CAUSE A SKIN OF BLACKNESS to come upon them. And thus saith the Lord God; I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities." (2 Nephi 5:21)

Why do you keep playing word games? It won't change the truth.

Marysville, CA

#24453 Apr 27, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't approve of "F**k the Police" either since I was one.:-)
You were a cop? COOL!

Marysville, CA

#24454 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
We've all said some really bad things to each other. Especially, you and I. Remember?:-) However, I think aside from our different beliefs, we were able to reach a civility towards each other, and can have a discussion without being mean and hateful. Which is nice. Even if the civil nature of last nights conversation only lasted for that time, it would have been nice. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed she was treating me with a level of respect, to which I answered her questions honestly and did the same for her. But, like I said, I was pretty tired...
The difference is that you can, and do have honest conversations. There is very little that is honest with No Surprise.

Since: Sep 12

Ozark, MO

#24455 Apr 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You were a cop? COOL!
I remember the first time I heard that song was while I was in the Academy. Then later it became a reality with the LA Riots.

Marysville, CA

#24456 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I remember the first time I heard that song was while I was in the Academy. Then later it became a reality with the LA Riots.
Were you in the riots?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24457 Apr 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen your picture, Carol.
haha... where and how, and I'm not Carol.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#24458 Apr 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm jumping on this one, prove you have seen her picture or be your own liar, which is it?

Mount Vernon, MO

#24459 Apr 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Were you in the riots?
Yes. But I didn't get any TV's, or stereo equipment. Just a bunch of bottles and rocks thrown at me. ;-)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24460 Apr 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
He has been accusing her of causing the death of a child recently. If would be hard for me to stay civil also.
Yes I did.
I claimed it in an irrational way way that I could show had irrational substance as you and she accuse people irrationally of the death of children in most cases have no connection to.
Your points was stupid, pathetic, outrageous,irrational and out right dark lies that you both claim as rational facts and truths as if God had said them himself.
It's okay if you two pathetic excuses for humans blame people as murders and killers of homosexual children that commit suicide, but let someone turn the table and apply all of your own professed twisted lies to yourselves and you'll claim their wrong to do that. You're two of the finest examples of hypocrisy that are in these threads.
The claims you and nomo have made that Mormon elders and parents are the killers and murderers of homosexual children has about as much sense as claiming Christian ministers and Christian parents are murderers and killers of homosexual Christian children.
You two are so far into the dark black irrational filth of your minds and hearts that you two don't even have the capability to make a sound reasonable argument any more.
All you two do is claim things from the farthest left extremes that you can come from to make your dark filthy statements.
Let's go over what you forgot to mention of this so people know what took place coward.
Nomo was blaming the Mormon church for the death of a child.
I looked into information on the web concerning the teen's death.
Nomo continued to call the Mormon leaders killers and murderers saying Mormon doctrine against homosexuals drove the teen to kill himself.
I pasted information from news articles and information mostly from a BFF of the teen that committed suicide.
The BFF stated the teens troubles in their opinion lay at school with bullies Mormon and non-Mormon.
The BFF stated these bullies beat the teen up and bullied him for a few years at two different schools.
The BFF spoke positively of the family environment.
Nomo didn't like this information.
Nomo claimed I didn't know what I was talking about concerning what I pasted that other people knowing this teen had said concerning the bullying being the primary reason for the teen taking his life in their opinion.
Nomo didn't like what they said.
Nomo didn't like what I posted.
Nomo told me I knew nothing and should shove it.
Nomo told the thread she personally knew the family, that teen and that the parents and the Mormon church and family pushed the teen to his death.
Nomo stated the family was physically and mentally abusive to this teen because he was a homosexual.
Nomo stated the bullying at two different schools by these many classmate actually had no bearing on this teen's suicide.
So as nomo and Dana have irrationally done for months and longer, they have continued to irrationally link all Mormon parents and all Mormon leaders to every Utah teen suicide connected to being a homosexual or even thought to being a homosexual.
So I applied nomo's and Dana's exact same irrational logic back at them and they claim I can't do that, that I'm wrong to do such a thing but they can do it.
So as nomo and Dana irrationally connect people to the deaths of children that have no factual connection to those deaths, I irrationally connected nomo to that teen's death because she claimed to personally know that teen, his family and all the abuse that was happening but she failed to take the teen out of that environment so I irrationally claimed she was responsible for that teen's death.
And nomo and Dana to this day swear on a stack of Bibles their irrationality of logic can only be used by them against others but not against themselves.
And they really believe that makes all the sense in the world to them.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24461 Apr 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you stop accusing her of killing children she would show more respect. Truth is, you've played so many games, I've come to care less about what you think also, or how you feel about what I post. You're dishonest to the core. You have enough darkness in you to deal with to be so concerned about anyone else's. I don't know what makes you think you're so wonderful. I don't see it.
Dishonest? Playing games? Show more respect? Are you fricking truly mentally deranged insane dude?
You and nomo have blamed the deaths of Utah homosexual kids on Mormon leaders and parents regardless of facts.
You and nomo have called Mormon parents and Mormon leaders murders, killers and other vile dark filthy names blaming them for all Utah/Mormon children deaths who were or were thought to have been homosexual.
You and nomo have made that irrational claim for months at least.
Neither have you a single time ever even discussed the actual facts behind a homosexual Mormon child's death that committed suicide. NEITHER ONE OF YOU HAVE EVER DID THAT A SINGLE SOLITARY TIME.
You and nomo have dishonestly, lyingly, pervertedly, twistedly blamed Mormon leaders and Mormon parents for the deaths of homosexual Mormon youths that committed suicide without ever honestly and objectively going over the facts that are available and are known of any of these cases.
You're one of the most twisted pathetic thinking individuals I have ever met and the strangest thing, is you have preferred to be this way.
Want to prove me wrong? Please do! Go back in the pages of just this thread for months if necessary and show me two conversations where you objectionably approached a conversation with a open mind minus your on going bias. Show me just one conversation where you discussed it in an unbiased manner considering what ever the evidence was for or against the debate/argument. I want you to prove me wrong dude. I want you to prove to me that you have had open positive debates with me and others. Show me I am wrong of how you always talk in these threads in debates and arguments.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24462 Apr 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is very little that is honest with No Surprise.
Another hit and run coward statement or do you have proof?
Please go back in the pages and paste exact provable dishonest statements I made with purpose to be dishonest as you claim I have done.
Paste post # and statement. The other poster is probably curious to see if what you claim is true also. Don't disapoint us :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24463 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes. But I didn't get any TV's, or stereo equipment. Just a bunch of bottles and rocks thrown at me. ;-)
I saw that on the news when it happened. That was a really sad time to see what humans can become because they can and for no other reasonable reason. Hope you weren't hurt/injured.
I remember the news stating many first responders of all fields weren't able to respond at first for fear of being attacked and injured and or killed by the rioters.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24464 Apr 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you see my picture?

You are a liar... You don't even know my name.

Ozark, MO

#24465 Apr 27, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>I saw that on the news when it happened. That was a really sad time to see what humans can become because they can and for no other reasonable reason. Hope you weren't hurt/injured.
I remember the news stating many first responders of all fields weren't able to respond at first for fear of being attacked and injured and or killed by the rioters.
Opportunism at its best.

Marysville, CA

#24466 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, I assumed you were on the side of the law. I'm glad you came out of it unharmed.

Marysville, CA

#24467 Apr 27, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you see my picture?
You are a liar... You don't even know my name.
Yes, I do, it's Carol Sutton. You've been outed, get over it.

Marysville, CA

#24468 Apr 27, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Another hit and run coward statement or do you have proof?
Please go back in the pages and paste exact provable dishonest statements I made with purpose to be dishonest as you claim I have done.
Paste post # and statement. The other poster is probably curious to see if what you claim is true also. Don't disapoint us :)
I would if I cared. I don't. There's the time you claimed the thief on the cross wasn't a thief. There's the time you claimed the word of wisdom wasn't a commandment. There's the time you claimed Jesus taught eternal marriage without being able to give even one verse to support it. There are the many times you've claimed that the teaching that black skin was a curse isn't racist. Now you claim that the LDS church didn't teach that black skin was a curse. There's the time you claimed that gay supporters are the real reasons kids are killing themselves, not the assholes and church teachings that made them suicidal. There's the time you claimed that the teaching of polygamy is essential to Mormons salvation wasn't revealed to every member, yet it is in every copy of the D&C published today. There's the time you think it's perfectly OK for a man to marry another man's wife, to screw her, and send her back to her husband and still be considered a prophet of God.(There was a lot of times for that one)

Anybody who really cares, can go back and see it for themselves. But I'm not wasting my time trying to appease you. The honest people know I'm telling the truth. You and Carol can keep telling your lies.

You're a snake oil sells man who has zero interest in the truth. You're dishonest even as a defender of Mormonism because if you really believed half the crap you peddle, you would be a good member in standing today.

Marysville, CA

#24469 Apr 27, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Dishonest? Playing games? Show more respect? Are you fricking truly mentally deranged insane dude?
You and nomo have blamed the deaths of Utah homosexual kids on Mormon leaders and parents regardless of facts.
You and nomo have called Mormon parents and Mormon leaders murders, killers and other vile dark filthy names blaming them for all Utah/Mormon children deaths who were or were thought to have been homosexual.
You and nomo have made that irrational claim for months at least.
Neither have you a single time ever even discussed the actual facts behind a homosexual Mormon child's death that committed suicide. NEITHER ONE OF YOU HAVE EVER DID THAT A SINGLE SOLITARY TIME.
You and nomo have dishonestly, lyingly, pervertedly, twistedly blamed Mormon leaders and Mormon parents for the deaths of homosexual Mormon youths that committed suicide without ever honestly and objectively going over the facts that are available and are known of any of these cases.
You're one of the most twisted pathetic thinking individuals I have ever met and the strangest thing, is you have preferred to be this way.
Want to prove me wrong? Please do! Go back in the pages of just this thread for months if necessary and show me two conversations where you objectionably approached a conversation with a open mind minus your on going bias. Show me just one conversation where you discussed it in an unbiased manner considering what ever the evidence was for or against the debate/argument. I want you to prove me wrong dude. I want you to prove to me that you have had open positive debates with me and others. Show me I am wrong of how you always talk in these threads in debates and arguments.
You're the bitching like a little girl every time you're proven wrong(You can always tell by the "Dark Heart" sermon you try to preach LOL!!!)
Change you ways or get abused, I could care less.

Marysville, CA

#24470 Apr 27, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did.
I claimed it in an irrational way way that I could show had irrational substance as you and she accuse people irrationally of the death of children in most cases have no connection to.
Your points was stupid, pathetic, outrageous,irrational and out right dark lies that you both claim as rational facts and truths as if God had said them himself.
It's okay if you two pathetic excuses for humans blame people as murders and killers of homosexual children that commit suicide, but let someone turn the table and apply all of your own professed twisted lies to yourselves and you'll claim their wrong to do that. You're two of the finest examples of hypocrisy that are in these threads.
The claims you and nomo have made that Mormon elders and parents are the killers and murderers of homosexual children has about as much sense as claiming Christian ministers and Christian parents are murderers and killers of homosexual Christian children.
You two are so far into the dark black irrational filth of your minds and hearts that you two don't even have the capability to make a sound reasonable argument any more.
All you two do is claim things from the farthest left extremes that you can come from to make your dark filthy statements.
Let's go over what you forgot to mention of this so people know what took place coward.
Nomo was blaming the Mormon church for the death of a child.
I looked into information on the web concerning the teen's death.
Nomo continued to call the Mormon leaders killers and murderers saying Mormon doctrine against homosexuals drove the teen to kill himself.
I pasted information from news articles and information mostly from a BFF of the teen that committed suicide.
The BFF stated the teens troubles in their opinion lay at school with bullies Mormon and non-Mormon.
The BFF stated these bullies beat the teen up and bullied him for a few years at two different schools.
The BFF spoke positively of the family environment.
Nomo didn't like this information.
Nomo claimed I didn't know what I was talking about concerning what I pasted that other people knowing this teen had said concerning the bullying being the primary reason for the teen taking his life in their opinion.
Nomo didn't like what they said.
Nomo didn't like what I posted.
Nomo told me I knew nothing and should shove it.
Nomo told the thread she personally knew the family, that teen and that the parents and the Mormon church and family pushed the teen to his death.
Nomo stated the family was physically and mentally abusive to this teen because he was a homosexual.
Nomo stated the bullying at two different schools by these many classmate actually had no bearing on this teen's suicide.
So as nomo and Dana have irrationally done for months and longer, they have continued to irrationally link all Mormon parents and all Mormon leaders to every Utah teen suicide connected to being a homosexual or even thought to being a homosexual.
So I applied nomo's and Dana's exact same irrational logic back at them and they claim I can't do that, that I'm wrong to do such a thing but they can do it.
So as nomo and Dana irrationally connect people to the deaths of children that have no factual connection to those deaths, I irrationally connected nomo to that teen's death because she claimed to personally know that teen, his family and all the abuse that was happening but she failed to take the teen out of that environment so I irrationally claimed she was responsible for that teen's death.
And nomo and Dana to this day swear on a stack of Bibles their irrationality of logic can only be used by them against others but not against themselves.
And they really believe that makes all the sense in the world to them.
A good example of what I speak. Pathetic.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24471 Apr 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do, it's Carol Sutton. You've been outed, get over it.
You are so stupid.

You know I am not Carol. Are you going to start defaming her again?
Calling her a whore, trailer park trash, and accusing her of molesting her children?

All you made up. You don't know this woman. She wrote you a letter according to you. You should be ashamed of yourself. You could be putting her in danger and you don't care.

I am not Carol Sutton. This is your way of diverting the truth. The truth is you are an Apostate Mormon.

4 people on this thread alone have told you my name is not Carol.

You are a really sad sad man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Audit of Wubbels case suggests SL police speed ... Sat Bringem Young 2
News Nurse Arrested For Refusing To Take Blood From ... (Sep '17) Sat Bringem Young 46
LATTER DAY SAINT REVIVAL ( REPENT ) now Apr 19 REPENT NOW 4
Message To Mormons ( REPENT ) REPENT Apr 19 REPENT NOW 4
God Became Flesh ( JEHOVA BECAME FLESH) Apr 19 REPENT NOW 3
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Apr 16 JJJ 124
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1

North Salt Lake Jobs

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages